Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...138139140141142143144145146147148...LastNext
Current Page: 143 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 24, 2015 00:52

lem motlow
its a good bet that this entire problem was caused by that idiot mayor of nashville karl dean.

the slick little lawyer/mayor tried to pull a fast one and hijack the stones annoucement by running in front of the cameras and telling the world"the stones are playing nashville" as soon as the hard dates were released.

I don't think he's that powerful.

Someone asked him a question, evidently at an unrelated event, and he simply said there would be an announcement the next day at LP Field. A public official giving an honest answer is a rarity these days, and I think we were all pleased to get confirmation of the venue if nothing else.

Anyway, the Pittsburgh date had already been accidentally leaked on Canadian radio when Lisa's festival gig was announced, and many of the other dates and shows were fairly strongly rumored.

The Stones, or rather, AEG, lost control of the narrative. And the billboards were/are a marketing fiasco. They have only themselves to blame. Such a far cry from the exciting days of flatbed trucks, blimps, Brooklyn Bridge crossings, etc. Quite frankly, it's all a bit ominous.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2015 01:02

It does look a bit ominous... Wasn't AEG kicked to the curb and the promoter switched for the 13 tour?? I'm sure something went down but can't quite recall..

I'm hoping once all is revealed we find out the delay was because of some type of "screw you" by the Stones.. to someone or some organization that thought that had 'em by the ...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2015 01:10

rltsurf
Do you think the Stones will issue any new sticky fingers era songs (from the vault) like they did with some girls, exile and ya yas? I love the new added songs with each of those reissues

I believe that is the plan although nothing has been said definitively that I've seen.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 24, 2015 02:33

I believe something really F^^^^^^ up AT THE TOP...Stones & aeg(small letters !) health issue..I aint sure & NOBODYS talkin....they were close to making the announcement....but..such is life...get on with it...i will...

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 24, 2015 02:53

MisterDDDD
It does look a bit ominous... Wasn't AEG kicked to the curb and the promoter switched for the 13 tour?? I'm sure something went down but can't quite recall..

I'm hoping once all is revealed we find out the delay was because of some type of "screw you" by the Stones.. to someone or some organization that thought that had 'em by the ...

In 2013, didn't the Stones end up doing the ticketing themselves through their website? They did away with all the fees didn't they? My friend and I are kind of hoping that will be the case.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:06

Hang n there Ken!
I think this Thursday it will happen.
It needs to. They got a lot of seats to sell and not so long of a timeframe to do it.
They need some good opening acts to help convince evryone it will be worth sitting thru a stadium show for.

Date: March 24, 2015 03:10

Fredluvzstones
Hang n there Ken!
It needs to. They got a lot of seats to sell and not so long of a timeframe to do it.
They need some good opening acts to help convince evryone it will be worth sitting thru a stadium show for.

Surely you jest.

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:21

treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
Hang n there Ken!

Surely you jest.
If I'm going to be sitting in a stadium, sweating to death in the summer, i'd rather not have to sit through an opening act.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:27

Jordan
treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
Hang n there Ken!

Surely you jest.
If I'm going to be sitting in a stadium, sweating to death in the summer, i'd rather not have to sit through an opening act.

How about Mick Taylor for an opening act!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:32

Jordan
treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
Hang n there Ken!

Surely you jest.

Hopefully it won't be the 2015 equivalent of Kanye West and Black Eyed Peas. But the reality is that if they want bums in stadium seats, they need a solid opening act. That's why we had to suffer through Dave Matthews in Seattle and El Paso.

I don't think anyone here would sweat too uncomfortably at 7 p.m. if people like the Pretenders or John Mellencamp or Bob Seger opened. Or even the Foo Fighters. Or someone from a different genre like Janelle Monae.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:37

2014Slayer
MisterDDDD

In 2013, didn't the Stones end up doing the ticketing themselves through their website? They did away with all the fees didn't they? My friend and I are kind of hoping that will be the case.

The $85 tickets were through their website but it linked to the primary ticketing agent for the venue. I am sure they still got something resembling a service charge, it was just divided up out of the 85.

Posted by: jessicapwflash ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:46

MisterDDDD

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 24, 2015 04:02

Was told by a friend about 2 hours ago that his step son was at the movies late this afternoon and they ran a trailer advertisement for The Rolling Stones going on tour. Wonder if this is the next media blitz/marketing tool.Can anyone else confirm this?

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: March 24, 2015 04:10

My husband also saw an add at the movie theater today....we live in Delaware....

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 24, 2015 04:21

751st
Was told by a friend about 2 hours ago that his step son was at the movies late this afternoon and they ran a trailer advertisement for The Rolling Stones going on tour. Wonder if this is the next media blitz/marketing tool.Can anyone else confirm this?

They've been doing that since before the previous re-scheduled tour announcement. So yes it is a marketing tool they have been using and will probably continue to use up until the tickets are sold. Pretty sure it's just one of many techniques they will use to hype the new tour.

What I'm wondering is: did ALL the billboards disappear? Have some of them been changed to satisfaction Tuesday, the rumored March 31st announcement? Are some of the Thursday boards still up? Or just the ones with other slogans....
I would welcome some updates from the folks who have access to the billboard locations. Thanks.
peace

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: March 24, 2015 04:27

mjaggergirl
My husband also saw an add at the movie theater today....we live in Delaware....

east coast excellent!!

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 04:48

footlooseman
mjaggergirl

east coast excellent!!

Just a reminder, this was a national buy with the Regal/Edwards chain;
they are showing these ads at every single Regal/Edwards theatre in the country, regardless of location.
Just because there is an ad at your theatre it does not necessarily mean there will be a local show.

Date: March 24, 2015 05:39

rltsurf
Do you think the Stones will issue any new sticky fingers era songs (from the vault) like they did with some girls, exile and ya yas? I love the new added songs with each of those reissues

Speculating alternate versions, if anything. I think most of the usable stuff was already released on Exile as well as the the Exile bonus CD...

Not much in the vaults that was not erased (ex/ Dec 69 sessions)
-Per RocksOff founder Gazza

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 24, 2015 07:27

I think I’ve read this entire thread and I’m still not sure why it is assumed that Amex will handle the pre-sale. Does anyone know? Does AEG use Amex exclusively for pre-sales? Any info would be much appreciated smiling smiley

Space between the Tour Opener and 2. Show in Columbus
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: March 24, 2015 00:50

What do you think, are the reasons for the 6 Days Off between the Opening Night and the Columbus Show?
Something Special? I don´t read all the Posts here on IORR, so i´ve no idea....

Re: Space between the Tour Opener and 2. Show in Columbus
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2015 00:57

Last I heard from bv, it was going either Seattle's or Colorado's way for a potential May 27th date.

Then I heard in the rumor mill that Denver (not red rocks) was getting the nod..

Being in Seattle, I hope it's at Husky Stadium.. But if Red Rocks was in the mix, I'd be plenty happy to make the trip.. Also heading down to SD for the opener, so if they decided to throw in another Cali city,that would work nicely as well...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 24, 2015 08:56

DeanGoodman
Jordan
treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
Hang n there Ken!

Surely you jest.

Hopefully it won't be the 2015 equivalent of Kanye West and Black Eyed Peas. But the reality is that if they want bums in stadium seats, they need a solid opening act. That's why we had to suffer through Dave Matthews in Seattle and El Paso.

I don't think anyone here would sweat too uncomfortably at 7 p.m. if people like the Pretenders or John Mellencamp or Bob Seger opened. Or even the Foo Fighters. Or someone from a different genre like Janelle Monae.

Funny, my daughters loved the Black Eyed Peas at Fenway in 2005. We got the Goo Goo Dolls in the mid 90's and my wife liked them at the time. I think by now there are so many generations going to the show's anything goes as far as opening acts are concerned. ZZ Top to the Alabama Shakes and everything in between this time around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-24 08:57 by Maindefender.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 24, 2015 12:02

Surely the delay could be something as simple as 1 signature somewhere? Could be a doctor refusing to sign off on Health Insurance? Don't forget KR CW and RW all have health issues in their recent past and even MJ is nearly 72 years old now.

The billboards are just AEG "jumping the gun". And now looking a bit silly.

Sure hope no-one's got a health scare

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-24 12:03 by exhpart.

Re: Space between the Tour Opener and 2. Show in Columbus
Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 24, 2015 12:09

MisterDDDD
Last I heard from bv, it was going either Seattle's or Colorado's way for a potential May 27th date.

Then I heard in the rumor mill that Denver (not red rocks) was getting the nod..

Being in Seattle, I hope it's at Husky Stadium.. But if Red Rocks was in the mix, I'd be plenty happy to make the trip.. Also heading down to SD for the opener, so if they decided to throw in another Cali city,that would work nicely as well...

I can't find the comment from BV just now but I do remember him saying something about logistics and the trucks moving gear across the country.

After San Diego it would make sense to move the gear to Denver for a show, then take I-70 straight across to Columbus, OH. At around 15 hours drive it seems reasonable that Denver is the safer choice to get the trucks from stadium to stadium - break it down and set it up- within 3 days. From reading the posts here it seems like they will use one stage and go town to town instead of the expensive Kolh days when 2 or 3 stages were moved around. More economical for them and us.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 13:39

exhpart
Surely the delay could be something as simple as 1 signature somewhere? Could be a doctor refusing to sign off on Health Insurance? Don't forget KR CW and RW all have health issues in their recent past and even MJ is nearly 72 years old now.

The billboards are just AEG "jumping the gun". And now looking a bit silly.

Sure hope no-one's got a health scare
. I don't think that the stones organise all the dates, they speak with all the promoters, they prepare everything and at the end they forget that the doctor must sign for the insurance.. It doesn't sound "serious "

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 13:41

DeanGoodman
Jordan
treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
Hang n there Ken!

Surely you jest.

It is Summer. Summer (hopefully) means sun and warmth. It is 14F here at the moment. I would much rather 82F sitting in a stadium, drinking a (very pricey) beer, listening to virtually any music....enjoying heat from the sun and some heat from the performance.

Date: March 24, 2015 13:59

Will we see another round of billboards before the announcement?

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 24, 2015 14:02

buffalo7478
DeanGoodman
Jordan
treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
Hang n there Ken!

Surely you jest.

It is Summer. Summer (hopefully) means sun and warmth. It is 14F here at the moment. I would much rather 82F sitting in a stadium, drinking a (very pricey) beer, listening to virtually any music....enjoying heat from the sun and some heat from the performance.

A-F'in-MEN! I am on the East coast of Canada and we have been POUNDED by relentless snow the past 3 months. I have a 25' drift in my front yard.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: March 24, 2015 14:46

Billboard back up in Buffalo this morning! Couldn't get a pic and only saw one rotation, but it said 'Pleased to Meet You' and 'justakissaway.rocks'.

Date: March 24, 2015 14:50

jasona93
Billboard back up in Buffalo this morning! Couldn't get a pic and only saw one rotation, but it said 'Pleased to Meet You' and 'justakissaway.rocks'.

AWRight! Laides & Gentlemen, start your engines!

We're about to go for a ride!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-24 15:45 by treaclefingers.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...138139140141142143144145146147148...LastNext
Current Page: 143 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home