Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...136137138139140141142143144145146...LastNext
Current Page: 141 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: March 23, 2015 11:09

I just saw a JUST A KISS AWAY sign with Thursday on it, a few hours ago on Sunday night. The sign is in San Diego located 2 blocks from the beach here in Ocean Beach. IT was a beautiful sunny day here about 80 degrees. I even saw a green flash at sunset! For those of you who don't know what a green flash is, it is a quick flash of green as the sun is setting over the ocean. Paint it green (not black)

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 11:17

69firebird
I just saw a JUST A KISS AWAY sign with Thursday on it, a few hours ago on Sunday night. The sign is in San Diego located 2 blocks from the beach here in Ocean Beach. IT was a beautiful sunny day here about 80 degrees. I even saw a green flash at sunset! For those of you who don't know what a green flash is, it is a quick flash of green as the wow ..... San Diego ... beautiful .... I will arrive to visit .... I'm into ligurian sea in Italy ... I have to come soon .. is setting over the ocean. Paint it green (not black)

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 23, 2015 11:44

ricky70
[www.booking.com] Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport
Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport 23
Milwaukee
Review score 6.9
Score from 106 reviews
Latest booking: 5 hours ago
King Room
King Room FREE cancellation - PAY LATER Breakfast included
We have 5 rooms left!
€ 60 € 51
1 more room type Instant book Reserve

I am not sure if I can go to Milwaukee but booked here last week.
According to google maps, Bus No.19 take me to the city center.

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 11:58

a bigger nut
ricky70
[www.booking.com] Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport
Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport 23
Milwaukee
Review score 6.9
Score from 106 reviews
Latest booking: 5 hours ago
King Room
King Room FREE cancellation - PAY LATER Breakfast included
We have 5 rooms left!
€ 60 € 51
1 more room type Instant book Reserve

I am not sure if I can go to Milwaukee but booked here last week.
According to google maps, Bus No.19 take me to the city center.
... is true, all comfortable with public transport, free shuttle service to the 'airport to the city center .... n19 bus or taxi ...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2015 12:48

If you book a hotel with a serious hotel chain then they will never change your originally booked rate. The booking is a written agreement between you and the hotel. You have a guaranteed price and it is being held by your credit card guarantee.

Book directly with the hotels or book through hotels.com. Make sure you are able to cancel up to 24 hours before. It cost you a little bit more but not much. You will pay exactly what the confirmation sheet is saying, otherwise you are using the "wrong" supplier.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 23, 2015 15:04

arahunwin, how very nice of you to read it and then to post this positive reaction!

Your welcome Angee - are you going to San Diego?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: March 23, 2015 15:08

Gary Clark Jr was a great guest:

saw him playing Respectable with the Rolling Stones at Rock un Rio Lisboa 2014.

Wow!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 23, 2015 15:10

I agree about Gary Clark Jr. I've seen him, with the Stones, in Brooklyn and a solo show of his. I really enjoy his playing.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 23, 2015 15:12

sarah, sorry, no possibility of San Diego for me...

IGTBA, hope to meet you and others in Milwaukee.

Checking my unpaid hotel rate--unchanged, whew. Thanks for that confirmation of the booked
rooms policy, Bjornulf.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 15:17

UndercoverLovingcup
6s7s9s
DREAMTIME
UndercoverLovingcup
forsure
how do they raise the price of your reservation? does it say if you don't purchase a non-refundable room that they can raise as they wish?

A reservation does not guarentee anything, not even a room, let alone the price. If you PAY for the room, then the price is locked, but the chance of your room being double booked is still not unheard of for various reasons...

In other words, if someone comes up and says they will pay more for a room that has NOT been paid for...what do you think the hotel is going to do?

I'm a Travel Agent, and as stated above, you can always get bumped. That is why you should always use a Travel Agent because it costs you nothing and a hotel worker knows not to upset an agency revenue stream...

My take on this is that you should print out your reservation with the quoted price. If the hotel charges you more, challenge it on via your credit card and say that you booked based on the quoted price.

That is not the same thing...I am speaking if you HAVE NOT PAID yet for the room...if you notice where i said "if you PAY for the room, the rate is locked.." What i said is that if all you have is a reservation, then the rate can change at the discresion of the hotel...you have NOT made any contract for rate until you pay. This is standard policy for ANY hotel...that is why you are asked to pay at time of booking to SECURE THE ROOM and RATE. And as Johnny said above...it also depends on the hotel. Most of the chains and higher end hotels would rather toss you to a lower chain and give your room to someone for 5 times your price...why? Because they can.

Anyway...i simply responded to a questions someone had...let's not hijack this thread any more with this silliness.

BRING ON AN EFFIN TOUR ALREADY!!!

I have traveled extensively for work and also for many concerts and events where there were rumors of event. I have never been bumped nor have had the rate change.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2015 16:12

Stones726
UndercoverLovingcup
6s7s9s
DREAMTIME
UndercoverLovingcup
forsure
how do they raise the price of your reservation? does it say if you don't purchase a non-refundable room that they can raise as they wish?

A reservation does not guarentee anything, not even a room, let alone the price. If you PAY for the room, then the price is locked, but the chance of your room being double booked is still not unheard of for various reasons...

In other words, if someone comes up and says they will pay more for a room that has NOT been paid for...what do you think the hotel is going to do?

I'm a Travel Agent, and as stated above, you can always get bumped. That is why you should always use a Travel Agent because it costs you nothing and a hotel worker knows not to upset an agency revenue stream...

My take on this is that you should print out your reservation with the quoted price. If the hotel charges you more, challenge it on via your credit card and say that you booked based on the quoted price.

That is not the same thing...I am speaking if you HAVE NOT PAID yet for the room...if you notice where i said "if you PAY for the room, the rate is locked.." What i said is that if all you have is a reservation, then the rate can change at the discresion of the hotel...you have NOT made any contract for rate until you pay. This is standard policy for ANY hotel...that is why you are asked to pay at time of booking to SECURE THE ROOM and RATE. And as Johnny said above...it also depends on the hotel. Most of the chains and higher end hotels would rather toss you to a lower chain and give your room to someone for 5 times your price...why? Because they can.

Anyway...i simply responded to a questions someone had...let's not hijack this thread any more with this silliness.

BRING ON AN EFFIN TOUR ALREADY!!!

I have traveled extensively for work and also for many concerts and events where there were rumors of event. I have never been bumped nor have had the rate change.

hotwire.com, Travelocity.com, expedia, hotels.com, booking.com, priceline.com, or directly with the hotels website. I prefer using these third party providers as they provide an extra layer of protection if you're dealing with a smaller hotel.

They are all the same, and prices vary but if you get a reservation it's guaranteed. In most cases you pay at the hotel, sometimes to get the best rate you pay in advance.

All the advice to use 'travel agents' to get a guarantee sounds a bit 'self serving'. I'm sure they offer a great service but self online booking would not work if the hotel could break their contract with you every time someone 'offered' them a higher price.

It just doesn't happen that way. Print your booking and bring it to check in.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2015 16:56

treaclefingers
All the advice to use 'travel agents' to get a guarantee sounds a bit 'self serving'.

Agreed. Haven't used a travel agent since the pre-internet dark ages.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 23, 2015 17:15

Hairball
treaclefingers
All the advice to use 'travel agents' to get a guarantee sounds a bit 'self serving'.

Furthermore, booking Hotels, Flights, Cars is so full of shit these days. You can get 5000 different answers for rates and availability within seconds of each phone call or internet search. It doesn't matter if you call Travelocity, Hertz or even the Hotel themselves. I'm convinced that all agents or everyone are working on a commission.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 23, 2015 17:18

Chris Fountain
Hairball
treaclefingers

Furthermore, booking Hotels, Flights, Cars is so full of shit these days. You can get 5000 different answers for rates and availability within seconds of each phone call or internet search. It doesn't matter if you call Travelocity, Hertz or even the Hotel themselves. I'm convinced that all agents or everyone are working on a commission.
I do agree, but do not forget that hotels have to pay a commission of up to 40% to these "agents". I book with IHG and Accor directly. I get guaranteed rates and due to my membership always an upgrade. If they can't do any upgrade they do give you more points or whatever. I did great with these two hotelchains. I was never fooled by any price changes etc.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 17:21

Every time I've booked online the counter person at the hotel has invariably told me to just phone the hotel direct to get the best rate. So i just stopped using agents...

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 17:34

Lien
1st aclip on Youtube,then Twitter ,Facebook,Website[/quote

Awesome, thanks

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 17:45

palerider22
Every time I've booked online the counter person at the hotel has invariably told me to just phone the hotel direct to get the best rate. So i just stopped using agents...

Everybody's experience will be slightly different but a few thoughts as one who travels extensively (about 70-80 hotel nights a year).
I always use Hilton and am a Diamond member in their program.
As long as you book direct they will always guarantee their rate.
In over 15 years and 1000 hotel nights with them I have been bumped once (I arrived after midnight and hadn't informed them and they had opened up my room); they put me in another Hilton chain hotel a few miles away and gave me an extra 5000 reward points.
I have never had my rate changed in all that time tho.

One point of note; if you do book via a travel agent or 3rd party website, you will usually lose any reward points you may have gained and unless it's a very late-in-the-game booking will never get a better rate than booking direct.

Again; this is all based on my experiences within the Hilton chain in the US and Europe (and some Far East).

Posted by: DanielCT ()
Date: March 23, 2015 18:06

timbernardis
DanielCT
Hey everyone! I'm new to the board. I've been a Stones fan since I first heard Tattoo You way back when. I'm pretty excited about the upcoming tour, and it's good to know my summer concert budget will be spent on a very worthwhile cause. I haven't actually seen the boys since the Voodoo Lounge tour at the Meadowlands, but I'm ready to make amends for my lack of live shows since then (work, work, work, school, work, and raising a family). Time to live a little. It's great to be amongst all of you.

Dan

Welcome Dan! Where are you from? What show(s) are you planning on seeing this summer?

plexi

Thank you for the warm welcome. I live in Bristol, CT, in the shadow of ESPN. I'm still not decided on which of the rumored shows I'll go to - Buffalo looks the most likely. Of course if any shows are added as some point in the New England/NYC area I'll hit those as well. I already have quite a few concerts scheduled for the end of June and July, but the Stones shows will trump those if need be.

Date: March 23, 2015 18:33

MidnightDevilRambler
BV

Come on give it up on Southeast please!

Thanks,

Mike

Loving the BV tour list. Raleigh, Atlanta, Nashville,...sure nothing to complain about in the Southeast!!!

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:07

ricky70
advice .... book your accommodation with booking.com the best, affordable, pay at the hotel with no advances or nasty surprises that price rises and you can cancel till 24 hours before, only serves the credit card as a guarantee, no advances and price increases, if you want .....

NO. Use a travel agent who works for you...

Date: March 23, 2015 19:10

bv
If you book a hotel with a serious hotel chain then they will never change your originally booked rate. The booking is a written agreement between you and the hotel. You have a guaranteed price and it is being held by your credit card guarantee.

Book directly with the hotels or book through hotels.com. Make sure you are able to cancel up to 24 hours before. It cost you a little bit more but not much. You will pay exactly what the confirmation sheet is saying, otherwise you are using the "wrong" supplier.

WRONG. Use a travel agent who works for you...

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:13

NO. Use a travel agent who works for you...[/quote]

no way....i work for myself
my blood pressure tends to rise severly when others incompetence effects me...when i screw up i dont get so mad at myselfconfused smiley

to me there is no advantage anymore....yrs ago yes...now.....no

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 03:56 by massmick.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:16

PAY LATER Breakfast included
[/quote]

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Ive had those before...eat now...pay for it later...burp

Date: March 23, 2015 19:18

Hairball
treaclefingers

smart people (and successful people) use a travel agent because it's a phone call to someone who knows you. An agent with experience that was referred to you. There is no additional cost for hotels. Let me know the next time the OTA's (online travel agency's) let you know of construction next to your hotel. Once you have a trusted travel agent (like any profession) all you have to do is call and say something like "I'm going to The Stones in Milwaukee. Please confirm a room for me and my wife. You know what I like. Thank-you." AND YOU'RE DONE!

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:19

bv

When I made the reservation with the Pfister on Mar 18 on the Pfister website, there was a pop-up window that stated the usual cancellation policy plus a clause that said 'we reserve the right to change the price without notice'. I received a confirmation email on the 18th quoting the rate I reserved for. On Mar 22, I received another confirmation email from the Pfister but the total cost had gone up by 13% as mentioned.

on a side note, I have been bumped from a "reputable" hotel in the past. I think DREAMTIME has a point.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:21

DREAMTIME
Hairball
treaclefingers

smart people (and successful people) use a travel agent because it's a phone call to someone who knows you. An agent with experience that was referred to you. There is no additional cost for hotels. Let me know the next time the OTA's (online travel agency's) let you know of construction next to your hotel. Once you have a trusted travel agent (like any profession) all you have to do is call and say something like "I'm going to The Stones in Milwaukee. Please confirm a room for me and my wife. You know what I like. Thank-you." AND YOU'RE DONE!

I don't buy it. Smart people use their own intuition and research and don't need anyone making their decisions.

Date: March 23, 2015 19:24

I have never had a hotel change the rate quoted when booking a prepaid or non prepaid reservation. That being said, when bookinging through third party travel sites, I have had ocasional difficulty with them "losing" my reservation. I always try to book directly with the hotel and make sure I bring a hard printed copy of my reservation...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 19:26 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:26

Chris Fountain
DREAMTIME
Hairball
treaclefingers

I don't buy it. Smart people use their own intuition and research and don't need anyone making their decisions.

Sorry, you'd have to be an antiquated dolt to need a travel agent in this day and age. There's this fancy new thing now called trip advisor, with millions of recommendations. There are no shortage of reviews on any hotel and you will definitely find out if there is construction, etc. Besides, where do you think your travel agent gets their info? Expedia is more than capable of keeping a travel profile as well, with room preferences, airlines etc.

I have a free dedicated travel concierge as part of the benefits included with my AmeX Centurion Card (Black Card) and I still book my travel myself online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-23 19:27 by jazzbass.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:33

iorr.org or tripadvisor.com? I'm confused now about where I am...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2015 19:37

DREAMTIME
Hairball
treaclefingers

yeah, but then you have to talk to someone, and if they're not immediately available, your on hold, or waiting for a call back, or leaving a voice message.

By that time I've been able to find the ABSOLUTE lowest price and booked it and printed out my confirmation. As far as the 'construction' next to your hotel, I guess I'll take my chances that most websites actually list if there are issues, and how would your travel agent know anyway unless they just returned from a trip.

There is a reason why there are fewer travel agents. Oh and BTW did I mention lower price?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...136137138139140141142143144145146...LastNext
Current Page: 141 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home