Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: The way forward for Keith?
Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 1, 2014 21:08

crumbling_mice
Woah...easy guys - put the pitchforks and gallows away! I'm as a big a Keith fan as any of you and wouldn't want it any other way than having him as a full time member of the Stones.

I'm also a realist and as much as we don't want to accept it Keith is likely to be the first one who's health, be it physical or mental will struggle with touring. Rather than not tour I put forward the possible option of a swtich around. Where he plays as much as he can cope with and Taylor and Wood pick up the rest.

I was fast forwarding to an unknown point in time and not specifically relating it to now. I think Keith has played on the whole very well through this tour and apart from a few moments of zoning out he's come back strong.

Let's hope the fingers, and head inury medication keep him touring for many years

I wonder why every Keith basher call himself realist?
Lucky realists are out there right now in Zurich...

anyway , considering keef's stamina, a real realist could imagine a tour with Keith Richards as 'the only living Rollin Stone' in 2025...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 1, 2014 21:15

I am not a Keith basher, Keith Richards has been my hero since I was 10 years old, I have two tattoos one which is of Keith and one which is of the tattoo You logo, hardly the work of a 'basher'. I'm not even talking about this tour or even the next if there is one. I should have kept the thought to myself and let things evolve as they most likely will and then made a comment. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2014 21:53

Crumbling Mice, I thought you were having fun and did the same. Sure Keith shows his mileage and it's considerably more than his age. While I don't think your idea would be feasible for the public perception of the band, you're entitled to express your thoughts as much as anyone else. Don't let it get you down. On the other hand, don't be surprised you were "shown the blade." The many Captain Teagues out there have the act down pat. Remember fists to forehead, heart, and testicles then move your right arm and leg in unison like a marionette.

And thank you to Proud Mary and Mr. DJA for making me feel welcome again. Had Gazza not finally hit pension age, I might never have returned. Happily I've agreed to train for his succession plan in managing Joey.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:08

The gentlemens way out.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:09

Thanks Rocky, I've got thick skin! It was more a thought process as I was imagining what will be the event that stops them touring and that lead me onto the above idea. I forgot how sensitive some Stones fans can be when it comes to change spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:10

crumbling_mice
I am not a Keith basher, Keith Richards has been my hero since I was 10 years old, I have two tattoos one which is of Keith and one which is of the tattoo You logo, hardly the work of a 'basher'. I'm not even talking about this tour or even the next if there is one. I should have kept the thought to myself and let things evolve as they most likely will and then made a comment. eye rolling smiley

How ironic!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 2, 2014 09:24

Nice to see you back Rocky!

As for Crumbling's suggestions for Keith, well...who knows what can happen after all, it's the Stones. One thing is certain, Keith's now somewhat of a "liability" on stage due to his numerous mistakes that annoyed those who were in Zurich last night per their reports in the "live" thread. It's sad and of course there is the precedent of Chuck. When the topic came up previously the consensus was that "Mick won't let that happen"...well it's happening to some extent and it must annoy him to no end I'm sure. Everyone wil have to put up with it until the end of the "14 on Fire" tours, after ? Well...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 2, 2014 09:55

How do we know Mick J is annoyed by Keith's mistakes? Hell, he might realize that this is what Keith had left at this point, and that's okay. In for a penny, and all that. Mick can't tour without him and call it the Rolling Stones. Mick has been hit pretty hard by life lately. Perhaps he's showing empathy for his old friend, someone he was quite close with many years ago. It's wonderful that he wants to spend time on stage, dragging Keith along with him in a nice way. Personally I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars to witness it, but it's nice for them.

Posted by: jjf1965 ()
Date: June 2, 2014 13:11

OMG!

Keith = Stones

No Keith = No Stones

That´s it!

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 2, 2014 13:33

Bring in Taylor fulltime. Make it a 3 guitar band and let the good times roll....Keith stays...he's the soul of the band.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:01

Bastion
tioms
BV,
Please put away this item.
+1

I second this.

Really. There's not supposed to be any discussion or differing opinions on this board, only the party line. Close the thread! Delete it! Ban the dissenters!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:04

....Bring back tension I say ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 2, 2014 14:14

Surely he needs some more Crashbox Lust in his life?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:20

....YEAH Dandelion ... I'm workin' on it ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:30

Rocky Dijon
Crumbling Mice, I thought you were having fun and did the same. Sure Keith shows his mileage and it's considerably more than his age. While I don't think your idea would be feasible for the public perception of the band, you're entitled to express your thoughts as much as anyone else. Don't let it get you down. On the other hand, don't be surprised you were "shown the blade." The many Captain Teagues out there have the act down pat. Remember fists to forehead, heart, and testicles then move your right arm and leg in unison like a marionette.

And thank you to Proud Mary and Mr. DJA for making me feel welcome again. Had Gazza not finally hit pension age, I might never have returned. Happily I've agreed to train for his succession plan in managing Joey.

You can bugger off back to the rock you crawled out from for that! angry smiley

Date: June 2, 2014 15:15

grinning smiley

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:31

StonedAsia
Bring in Taylor fulltime. Make it a 3 guitar band and let the good times roll....Keith stays...he's the soul of the band.

Something like this could happen. But how do we even know if any of the Stones will keep going beyond this incredible tour going now?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:39

other than his usual posing and limited but crucial rhythm playing, he's been hitting his marks pretty well, from the vids I've seen.

he's probably playing through some arthritic pain..

Date: June 2, 2014 15:47

duke richardson
other than his usual posing and limited but crucial rhythm playing, he's been hitting his marks pretty well, from the vids I've seen.

he's probably playing through some arthritic pain..

Looks like it comes and goes, though. He can be on a roll for several songs, and then withdraw a bit. Hard to tell, really.

Date: June 2, 2014 15:59

a bit unrelated to this topic, but here's hoping they decide to add US dates later this year.

after that I'm betting Charlie will say (privately) "we're done then, aren't we"..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:13

duke richardson
a bit unrelated to this topic, but here's hoping they decide to add US dates later this year.

after that I'm betting Charlie will say (privately) "we're done then, aren't we"..

I don't think he'd bother at this point.

The tours aren't really tours anymore. Short bursts of grouped concerts, lots of days in between, then lots of time off.

I'm not saying they're not working, they are over 70 and my parents couldn't do it, but I think they've found the sweet spot where they can do a few shows without too much pressure, then relax.

They could do this for a long time...plus, it keeps them young and in shape.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:23

duke richardson

If they are done, I would hope they come to London once more!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:25

smileys with beerhot smiley
DandelionPowderman
Keith is still the main guitar in the mix, with warts and all. And thank God for that!

Keef.....Gold and God rules on Ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@#$%& all the Naysayers !!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

Date: June 2, 2014 17:34

treaclefingers
duke richardson

The tours aren't really tours anymore. Short bursts of grouped concerts, lots of days in between, then lots of time off.

I'm not saying they're not working, they are over 70 and my parents couldn't do it, but I think they've found the sweet spot where they can do a few shows without too much pressure, then relax.

good point treac..

they have found a way of keeping it going that suits them..

looking ahead I wonder if they'll decide at some point that enough is enough..

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:40

KEEF is the stones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 2, 2014 19:54

Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood - a great joint venture to pay tribute to Jimmy Reed. Why not a greater role in their home band for both if Keith isn't in good shape ... Is it a sacrilege to think of that? Although I have great respect for Keith and his central role in the history of the band, his guitar playing sometimes is nothing more than awkward, e.g. his out of tune solos on SFTD and his minimalistic solos on other songs. On the other hand much to my surprise the guitar playing of Ronnie is getting better and better again, and Mick Taylor's playing is above any doubt.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 2, 2014 20:32

Rokyfan
Bastion
tioms
BV,
Please put away this item.
+1

I second this.

Really. There's not supposed to be any discussion or differing opinions on this board, only the party line. Close the thread! Delete it! Ban the dissenters!

People like this are children. Truthfully, they're the cause of problems on this board because they can't handle discussions outside of the box. They end up wasting BV's time by reporting posts as "offensive".

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 2, 2014 22:07

RobertJohnson
Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood - a great joint venture to pay tribute to Jimmy Reed. Why not a greater role in their home band for both if Keith isn't in good shape ... Is it a sacrilege to think of that? Although I have great respect for Keith and his central role in the history of the band, his guitar playing sometimes is nothing more than awkward, e.g. his out of tune solos on SFTD and his minimalistic solos on other songs. On the other hand much to my surprise the guitar playing of Ronnie is getting better and better again, and Mick Taylor's playing is above any doubt.

A band driven by Woody and Taylor, who I think would work together fabulously, could be great, but it's not the Stones.

Date: June 2, 2014 22:13

duke richardson

Cant imagine it as they have 9 shows in Australia and New Zealand booked for the end of 2014......

I dont think there'll be any dates between Roskilde (July 3rd) and Australia.

Date: June 2, 2014 22:14

treaclefingers
duke richardson

This. thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home