Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick's vocal range
Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:43

Have a look here to compare Mick's vocal range with various other singers. It will also tell you the song he hits his lowest note on and the song he hits the highest. Any guesses?

[www.concerthotels.com]

Re: Mick's vocal range
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:46

Hmm. According to that, Mick and Robert Plant have got exactly the same vocal range. I'll take their word for it, but I can't say I'd have thought that.

Date: May 21, 2014 10:52

ozziestone
Have a look here to compare Mick's vocal range with various other singers. It will also tell you the song he hits his lowest note on and the song he hits the highest. Any guesses?

[www.concerthotels.com]

I would guess the lowest note is in All The Way Down. The highest might be in Too Tough or Hearts For Sale. Possibly also God Gave Me Everything.

Date: May 21, 2014 10:54

Nice try dandelion but no cigar sorry

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:58

Aquamarine
Hmm. According to that, Mick and Robert Plant have got exactly the same vocal range. I'll take their word for it, but I can't say I'd have thought that.

That just can´t be true. Can you imagine Robert Plant sing the low notes in Love is strong or Dead flowers and Mick Jagger singing Black Dog?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2014 11:00

Svartmer
Aquamarine

That just can´t be true. Can you imagine Robert Plant sing the low notes in Love is strong or Dead flowers and Mick Jagger singing Black Dog?

Immigrant Song, more to the point!

Date: May 21, 2014 11:04

ozziestone
Nice try dandelion but no cigar sorry

All The Way Down has to be correct??

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 21, 2014 11:13

From 0 to 100 on 3 seconds...That's what I call a vocal range...

2 1 2 0

Date: May 21, 2014 11:35

Svartmer
Aquamarine

Mick can sing a powerful falsetto, so I wouldn't worry about that smiling smiley

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: May 21, 2014 11:57

DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
Aquamarine

Mick can sing a powerful falsetto, so I wouldn't worry about that smiling smiley

Mick singing Black Dog in falsetto would be great fun to hear. That´s a totally different technique.

Date: May 21, 2014 12:00

Svartmer
DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
Aquamarine

Mick singing Black Dog in falsetto would be great fun to hear. That´s a totally different technique.

I know, but it could definitely be done - even convincingly, imo.

Date: May 21, 2014 12:06

According to them anyway the lowest is love is strong and highest is start me up

Date: May 21, 2014 12:19

ozziestone
According to them anyway the lowest is love is strong and highest is start me up

Listen to the "down, down, down" in the bridge in All The Way Down. They are wrong smiling smiley

I think even the chorus in When The Whip Comes down is higher than his highest note on Start Me Up.

Date: May 21, 2014 12:21

I would have picked the first line in Ruby Tuesday-Mick struggles to find the low note on the "from"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 21, 2014 12:22

The "from" in the first line of Ruby Tuesday is definitely one of the lowest if not the lowest

Edit: I type slower than ozziestone but: what s/he said! :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 12:23 by with sssoul.

Date: May 21, 2014 12:27

He

Date: May 21, 2014 12:29

with sssoul
The "from" in the first line of Ruby Tuesday is definitely one of the lowest if not the lowest

Edit: I type slower than ozziestone but: what s/he said! :E

He was a kid back then smiling smiley

Listen here (at 2:15). Seriously, people??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 12:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 21, 2014 19:56

So this list is just the greatest (rock and roll) singers, or are people like Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald not considered great singers anymore?

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: May 21, 2014 21:18

Aquamarine
Hmm. According to that, Mick and Robert Plant have got exactly the same vocal range.

Together with Nina Simone.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 21, 2014 22:17

Micks highest note that I can think of is the intro to Waiting on A Friend.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: May 21, 2014 23:22

I'm not convinced that this is accurate. Brian Wilson could only sing one tone higher than Bob Dylan ? I mean Brian at his peak ? I'm not convinced Lennon and McCartney's are accurate or Jimbo yeah c'mon Morrison's either.
Interesting idea though.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2014 23:25

ash
I'm not convinced that this is accurate. Brian Wilson could only sing one tone higher than Bob Dylan ? I mean Brian at his peak ? I'm not convinced Lennon and McCartney's are accurate or Jimbo yeah c'mon Morrison's either.
Interesting idea though.

Yeah, seems kinda bogus to me too. In any case, it's not the range that counts, it's what you can do with it, and Mick does so much more than most of the singers listed.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 03:59

John Lennon told Playboy that in the song Hard Day's Night—a wholly John composed song—the only reason Paul sang the "holding me tight" bit was that "I couldn't reach the notes." So it doesn't make sense that that "World's Greatest Singers" graph shows John's and Paul's upper range as equal.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2014 05:34

Title5Take1
John Lennon told Playboy that in the song Hard Day's Night—a wholly John composed song—the only reason Paul sang the "holding me tight" bit was that "I couldn't reach the notes." So it doesn't make sense that that "World's Greatest Singers" graph shows John's and Paul's upper range as equal.

I think you're reading it backwards...it seems to show that Paul actually has a higher range than John.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 05:48

Sorry but that chart can't be right.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 06:16

rob51
Sorry but that chart can't be right.

I agree; I view this whole thing with some skepticism. For example, Lennon hit low G in I'm a Loser. ("...beneath this mask I am wearing a frown" with frown getting waaayyy down low. Macca has even commented that he couldn't come close to going that low.)

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2014 06:21

Just check any live version of Rocks Off in the last ten years. That should tell you all you need to know.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 22, 2014 08:27

Plant was singing in a lower register as late (or early) as 1977. Listen to Black Dog or Over the Hills from 1977 or Knebworth. Nothing wrong with doing that.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 22, 2014 08:34

In "Emotional Rescue" Jagger hits very high and damn low. Not probably the record in either register, but widest range within a song.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-22 08:35 by Doxa.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 22, 2014 08:35

My guess for low register for Mick would have been the "You will be mine, you will be mine, all mine" part in Emotional Rescue, and for highest, the "Hoo-hoo" part in Fool To Cry as well as the opening lines of Worried About You--that's balls in a vice high register.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home