Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick's vocal range
Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: May 22, 2014 08:43

It might be it is just talking about the range the singers usually sing in and doesn't include odd high or low notes they hit from time to time

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 09:27

treaclefingers
Title5Take1
John Lennon told Playboy that in the song Hard Day's Night—a wholly John composed song—the only reason Paul sang the "holding me tight" bit was that "I couldn't reach the notes." So it doesn't make sense that that "World's Greatest Singers" graph shows John's and Paul's upper range as equal.

I think you're reading it backwards...it seems to show that Paul actually has a higher range than John.

You're right. I was just going by the labels at the top where the label "highest notes" is on the left. But in the actual graph the highest notes are on the right. I should have gone by more than the label positions.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2014 01:02

Title5Take1
treaclefingers
Title5Take1
John Lennon told Playboy that in the song Hard Day's Night—a wholly John composed song—the only reason Paul sang the "holding me tight" bit was that "I couldn't reach the notes." So it doesn't make sense that that "World's Greatest Singers" graph shows John's and Paul's upper range as equal.

I think you're reading it backwards...it seems to show that Paul actually has a higher range than John.

You're right. I was just going by the labels at the top where the label "highest notes" is on the left. But in the actual graph the highest notes are on the right. I should have gone by more than the label positions.

woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: May 23, 2014 02:42

dumb shit

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 23, 2014 02:59

All you gotta look at is what the "say" is Lou Reed's range. Just sayin....

Date: May 23, 2014 03:46

backstreetboy1
dumb shit

To quote a line: "I don't mind being wrong. It gives others so much pleasure."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-23 04:08 by Title5Take1.

Date: May 23, 2014 04:09

My vocal range is about the same as Mick's and one of the the highest notes I've sung "with" him is "just" in "just a feeling" in ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH. (Although plenty of Stones/Mick songs I've not sung, and this is not his falsetto singing, whose range kicks my butt.)

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 23, 2014 04:17

Title5Take1
one of the the highest notes I've sung "with" him is "just" in "just a feeling" in ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH. (Although plenty of Stones/Mick songs I've not sung, and this is not his falsetto singing, whose range kicks my butt.)

If you do enough takes with a properly warmed up voice, you will get it right. That's what Mick has done since SW. But when I listen to "Let it Loose", the "Maybe your friends think" part, I'm glad he didn't try fifty times to perfect the note. No particular point here, other than as far as feel combined with range, Let it Loose gets my vote, and Mick did a nice job on Almost Hear You Sigh, but I can only imagine how many takes it took. A little soul lost.

Date: May 23, 2014 04:21

TeaAtThree

I love Lou, but is monotone a range?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 23, 2014 04:29

treaclefingers
TeaAtThree

Sure. So is croaky.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 23, 2014 22:39

Mick Jagger - listen to Stones CDs and you will find fantastic vocal range - listening to EOMS, just one good example of his broad singing capacity...

Date: May 23, 2014 23:22

latebloomer
treaclefingers
TeaAtThree

Sure. So is croaky.

Croaky is my favourite monotone sub-style.

Date: May 23, 2014 23:22

mtaylor
Mick Jagger - listen to Stones CDs and you will find fantastic vocal range - listening to EOMS, just one good example of his broad singing capacity...

most of that is different singing styles but his range is still very small. i question this chart for pretty much every singer listed

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 24, 2014 00:58

It could just be based on the highest and lowest notes they've ever hit, while their usual range is way more limited, maybe.

O.T. : Trivia .... Singer With the Widest Vocal Range
Date: July 2, 2014 16:36

From Ask.com :

" What (which ?) famous singer has the widest vocal range ?

D) is correct. Axl Rose has the widest vocal range with the ability to sing nearly six octaves. Rose has a lower baritone than Barry White and can reach higher notes than Kelly Clarkson. "

Source : Ask "

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:33

It's a bit silly to base any of this on studio recordings, in my opinion. The voice can be treated with too much technical wizardry.

Line'em all up on a stage with a live mic and see what happens ...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home