Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
The way forward for Keith?
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 1, 2014 18:06

I think we would all agree that Keith, whilst having flashes of his old self, is finding the touring hard. He is still having those moments where he seems to just blank out in songs and loses his way. Very similar to the major issue he had on stage following the surgery.

Maybe the way forward is to switch the role Taylor currently ha with Keith if they are intending to tour again. So Ronnie and Taylor are the main guitarists with Keith coming on for selected songs and the encore. He wouldn;t necessarily have to even do all the shows, but it could be the way forward if the touring is too much for the guy.

Seems that the rest of the band are having no problems at all and Ron is playing better than he has for years. Keith's health is the only thing preventing more touring and this solution could be a win win situation.

Re: The way forward for Keith?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 1, 2014 18:16

Bullshit

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 1, 2014 18:21

Oh brother.

Date: June 1, 2014 18:23

Keith is still the main guitar in the mix, with warts and all. And thank God for that!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2014 18:33

I think this is one of Crumbling Mice's best ideas. Never mind the quality of the music, think of the marketing. The two Micks would be like the Stan and Ollie of septagenarian rock. Imagine skinny Mick and fat Mick together on a T-shirt bearing the legend "That's Another Fine Mess You've Gotten Me Into." Clearly this is better than the tired old aging Peter Pan and Captain Hook imagery the Glimmer Twins traded off on for decades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-01 18:40 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: June 1, 2014 18:51

LOL! Good to see you back, Rocky >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2014 18:54

Thanks, Dandy. Good luck to you as well. I enjoy keeping up with your projects on Facebook.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 1, 2014 18:56

Keith is never going to be a special guest star at Rolling Stones concerts. If it ever comes to that, they'll have to pack it in.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:03

tatters
Keith is never going to be a special guest star at Rolling Stones concerts. If it ever comes to that, they'll have to pack it in.

He could just form another band, "The Even NEWER Barbarians" and open for them?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:05

tatters

Indeed. Lest anyone forget, Taylor resigned from the Rolling Stones nearly 40 years ago. When one resigns, one generally forfeits further employment by that entity from which he has resigned.

Thus, even assuming that he has more chops than his replacement, he should be thankful for whatever limited role they throw his way. I don't know what they're paying him, but it's likely the best checks he has received since he became Noel Redding (insert Jack Bruce Band/Fat Mattress joke here).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 00:43 by ab.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:30

crumbling_mice
I think we would all agree that Keith, whilst having flashes of his old self, is finding the touring hard. He is still having those moments where he seems to just blank out in songs and loses his way. Very similar to the major issue he had on stage following the surgery.

Please cite specific multiple examples.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:33

The way forward for Keith?

To play for a band called the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:36

thumbs up

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:40

Rocky Dijon

Welcome back,Rocky Dijon! I missed your posts and sense of humor. Hope you stay here for a while

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:41

BV,
Please put away this item.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:42

tioms
BV,
+1

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:43

tioms
BV,
+1

I second this.

Date: June 1, 2014 19:45

Woah...easy guys - put the pitchforks and gallows away! I'm as a big a Keith fan as any of you and wouldn't want it any other way than having him as a full time member of the Stones.

I'm also a realist and as much as we don't want to accept it Keith is likely to be the first one who's health, be it physical or mental will struggle with touring. Rather than not tour I put forward the possible option of a swtich around. Where he plays as much as he can cope with and Taylor and Wood pick up the rest.

I was fast forwarding to an unknown point in time and not specifically relating it to now. I think Keith has played on the whole very well through this tour and apart from a few moments of zoning out he's come back strong.

Let's hope the fingers, and head inury medication keep him touring for many years

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:56

Doesn't matter, after 14 On Fire, it's over.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:01

Rocky Dijon
I think this is one of Crumbling Mice's best ideas. Never mind the quality of the music, think of the marketing. The two Micks would be like the Stan and Ollie of septagenarian rock. Imagine skinny Mick and fat Mick together on a T-shirt bearing the legend "That's Another Fine Mess You've Gotten Me Into." Clearly this is better than the tired old aging Peter Pan and Captain Hook imagery the Glimmer Twins traded off on for decades.

I love posts in ridiculous threads that make me laugh out loud. Thanks Rocky.

Thanks also to CM for inspiring Rocky. Really. I think.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:06

How is he 'finding the touring hard' when the tour is five days old and he's been onstage for four hours in that period whilst travelling and living in luxury for the rest of the time?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:12

Keith will come to terms with his soberer life and start playing great again. It is common to become inhibited or too self aware at first since his normal playing state was adventurous. Happened with Clapton too, he will one day hit the stage and be past this but it's rough and he needs our spiritual support.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:23

This idea is ludicrous you might as well of suggested having Christmas without Santa Claus

Nate

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:28

No Keith = no band. period.

Anyway in Oslo there was one cock-up. how many bands can say that after 10 years let alone 50. How many people on this forum can remember 150 minutes of songs and play them note perfect.

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:30

Nate
This idea is ludicrous you might as well of suggested having Christmas without Santa Claus

Nate

Hi all.

A very good comparison, Nate.

Date: June 1, 2014 20:42

It is ridiculous from a Stones fans point of view, but for the rest of the band especially Jagger there may come a point where it doesn;t seem ridiculous and would be a massive money spinner.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:46

But Santa is not present for the whole evening. He makes a short but memorable entrence and leaves on a high note. Unless he's ina bad mood.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:48

crumbling mice has a point. the 1969 version of SFTD has Keith doing his fantastic riffs and a solo.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:57

Completely ridiculous - just like this forum is rapidly becoming.
Day after day I experience a rare but growing mixture of vicarious shame, boredom, exasperation when visiting this site and reading this 'babble'.

You know, I'm only still here for the ticket info, new releases, etc.

(Bit like I claimed to only read Playboy magazine for the interviews, in the days of old. )

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 1, 2014 21:06

crumbling_mice
It is ridiculous from a Stones fans point of view, but for the rest of the band especially Jagger there may come a point where it doesn;t seem ridiculous and would be a massive money spinner.

Yes I bet Keith is just itching to play a minor role in the Rolling Stones just to satisfy Micks supposed craving for dollars

Nate

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home