Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 30 of 31
Re: Hyde Park show #1 July 6 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: July 11, 2013 20:43

Happy fans dancing and showing love to the Band

Date: July 11, 2013 21:00

YOU GOT THE SILVER

Date: July 11, 2013 23:54

Beast Of Burden

Posted by: nickm8 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 23:57

hyde park stage is sick!!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 12, 2013 00:03

black limousine

Beast Of Burden

Thanks for posing. Mick came in early on the second verse before the chord resolved and the band quickly pulled it together. It ain't quite Keith's missing the chord in Start Me Up, but just to show this stuff happens all the time. Also, this is an elegant version, very Curtis Mayfield, and that's with the thin video sound.

Re: great gig - terrible keith
Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 12, 2013 00:24

Green Lady
If you haven't looked lately, the Show Reports bit here [www.iorr.org] is now full of reviews and some excellent pictures. Glad to see someone got a pic of the fan (male) wearing a much more exact copy of the Mr Fish dress than Mick did - I saw a girl wearing one too.

It's that german dude from Modern Talking! grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 12, 2013 01:51

Many thanks to all who posted their reviews and photos here: [www.iorr.org].

Fantastic!

Date: July 12, 2013 09:54

this is the first post about the stones in hyde park last saturday. if someone is able to do a better job with the fuzzy noise sound is obviously welcome. I used my photos in the other post, for this one I choose some shot from the net and IORR too, they are much betetr than mine. Sharing is anyway the wonderful chance we got on the net, I share my not good things with you all and i'm happy to do it.

Date: July 12, 2013 09:55

second post

Date: July 12, 2013 09:55

third post

Date: July 12, 2013 10:04

4th post

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 12, 2013 17:11

paulywaul
Based on what I said in an earlier post, I'll just amend that slightly. Of the total "width" of the stage, I would say that Tier 1 has about 60 percent of it, the catwalk ramp takes up about a further 20 percent, and Tier 3 probably has a narrow strip of also not much more than 20 percent. Tier 2 is "set back" and is about 40 metres away from the stage. How "wide" it is I cannot really see in full, because I cannot see across the top of the catwalk from where I'm standing

Finally getting a chance to reread that thread! Yes that's what it looked like from the rail in T1, but when you look at this picture it does look like it the catwalk was pretty much in the middle of the stage, maybe there are better pictures out there...

Date: July 12, 2013 21:30

TeddyB1018
black limousine

Beast Of Burden

Thanks for posing. Mick came in early on the second verse before the chord resolved and the band quickly pulled it together. It ain't quite Keith's missing the chord in Start Me Up, but just to show this stuff happens all the time. Also, this is an elegant version, very Curtis Mayfield, and that's with the thin video sound.

Easily the highlight of the night, imo. Beautiful thumbs up

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 12, 2013 21:50

this looks to me like a pretty good show-they finally realized that coming on during the daylight and playing as it turns dark is the best spot for an outdoor show.

from the videos posted it sounded really good. much more lowkey than glastonbury,this one seemed more like just taking it easy in the park and listening to the stones,not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

keith does derserve the fans ripping him.it looks like after so many great shows in a row,from the arenas in the states and then glasto he got a little full of himself and turned into hollywood keith again.

he stopped playing for a second and waved to someone in the crowd during rambler,as if blowing that intro wasnt enough to get him pay attention.

he needs to lay off trying to compete with mick-dont spin,hold your hand in the air and pose-just play your fcking guitar.

Re: great gig - terrible keith
Date: July 12, 2013 22:13

TonyMo
marianna
Keith doesn't know that much about scales. I've read he has a limited knowledge of chords, as well. He used to have a feel/ear for it, when he was younger.

A level-headed, no bullshit kind of fellow once told me the following story. I've never been able to confirm it but it's worth passing along. The aforementioned guy was a drummer, and in some drumming magazine or another he read a feature about Yogi Horton, a relatively well known session drummer. The 'story' goes: Horton was awoken by a phone call from his agent suggesting that he (Horton) should go to some New York studio. Horton says something along the line of, 'but it's 3 in the morning!' Not having the luxury of turning down a session, Horton gets to the deserted (except for a security gaurd) studio and upon entering hears a solo guitar player. Nothing else. By the time he reaches whatever studio room he's headed, he's ascertaines based on what he's hearing that it's going to be a jazz session. He was most surprised when the gutarist turned out to be Keith Richards.

Now I've no reason to think the man who told me this was a teller of tales but still, I've always been a bit dubious about that story. Nevertheless I have on occassion heard Keith play some things live that are completely over the moon from what you'd expect from him and which invariably causes me to think maybe that story really did happen.

Go to 4:01 of this and put on some cans. He plays a beautifully executed (and swift) minor line and you wouldn't think it was Keith Richards, but it is. This is but one example

Here is some jazzy Keith Stuff as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-31 11:41 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: July 13, 2013 09:59

Another outside perspective. I was talking to a young woman (30sh) who lives locally. She is from London and gone to gig with several other friends and family. All first time at Stones gig.
They wanted to tick the box of "things to do" and did not expect much.
She was totally blown away. Described the band as fantastic and the experience as unbelievable. Best live concert she has attended.
Enough said.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 13, 2013 12:57

belld
Described the band as fantastic and the experience as unbelievable. Best live concert she has attended.
Enough said.

Well did she confess she was high on 12 pills of E.? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: belld ()
Date: July 13, 2013 13:35

dcba
belld
Described the band as fantastic and the experience as unbelievable. Best live concert she has attended.
Enough said.

Well did she confess she was high on 12 pills of E.? >grinning smiley<
Live Stones = at least 15 pharmaceutical hits.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 13, 2013 18:53

It wasn`t the best concert I have ever experienced but it definately ticked all my boxes cool smiley
Just wish I could be there tonight, but working tomorrow and live too far away to tralvel home in time sad smiley

Been sitting in the sunny garden with my laptop all afternoon and
there are some more pretty good quality vids appearing on youtube....

CAGWYW

ADTL

Miss You

Sympathy

Gimme shelter

Start me up

Excerpts from Hyde Park

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: July 14, 2013 03:45

On AXS TV they're showing the bands that preceded the Stones but they don't have the rights to show the Stones performance......bummer.[they have Hudson Taylor on now btw]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 16, 2013 10:57

NICOS
Some nice pictures Simon.............especially the one with the fans............

Just got back from spain late last night and the reason for this late posting.

first things first, it was great to meet up with some iorr fans at the monkey, even thou i was on the late side due to customs at stanstead airport, but making the effort to meet up with simon, Gazza, Adrian and NickB monkey man and sweet virginia was well worth it.

After scanning some of these reviews i have to apologise to Simon, as if i had made the effort to get more in the middle, i reckon i would have enjoyed the concert even more.

I think being on the side and in my humble opinion the music did not seem to travel across so well, i remember NickB sayiong in the pub before the concert that Hyde park only allow so many decibels and this is what i was thinking during the concert.

Highlights for me was aldtl, beast of burden, even TD sounded bluesey and funkier than before and PIB.

Lows in how it was badly set up for beer and food stations, the merchandise stands were badly under staffed < will have to take a look on line for items > Hardly any signs or directions and after the show had finished i made the mistake of walking out the gates and then told was not allowed back in to get to the merchandise stores.

Also waiting around trying to find my coach stop back to stanstead airpot i witnessed some trouble on park lane apparently between a couple of coloured people and some stones fans with one of the stones fans laid out in the middle of the street and the coloured lad held back by some stewarts and eventually the police. Anybody else see this?

Talk about street fighting man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-16 13:07 by odean73.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 16, 2013 12:06

black limousine

Beast Of Burden

everyone is so subdued...

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 16, 2013 12:16

Not where I was standing (further in the back, we barely saw the stage), but maybe I felt that way because I was rather into it myself. winking smiley I was thrilled to hear Beast of Burden!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 08:57

LQ1977
Not where I was standing (further in the back, we barely saw the stage), but maybe I felt that way because I was rather into it myself. winking smiley I was thrilled to hear Beast of Burden!

I was also pleased with beast of burden.

I was on the side a bit way back and did not get the full effect of the stage, it looks like my loss after looking at the pictures and videos.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 17, 2013 09:34

lem motlow

keith does derserve the fans ripping him.it looks like after so many great shows in a row,from the arenas in the states and then glasto he got a little full of himself and turned into hollywood keith again.

he stopped playing for a second and waved to someone in the crowd during rambler,as if blowing that intro wasnt enough to get him pay attention.

he needs to lay off trying to compete with mick-dont spin,hold your hand in the air and pose-just play your fcking guitar.

confused smiley eye rolling smiley

I just came back to this thread--thanks to everyone for posting great pics and vids!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 24, 2013 23:49

Midnight Rambler:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-24 23:52 by kleermaker.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 25, 2013 00:58

Strange, after two gallons of tequila I like this rendition, Kleer. Is that a good or a bad sign ? cool smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 25, 2013 01:28

svt22
Strange, after two gallons of tequila I like this rendition, Kleer. Is that a good or a bad sign ? cool smiley

In any case it seems a very Stones-like kind of (re)actionto me. cool smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:10

Everybody except me will have heard this (I didn't have the energy to go back through every page) but here again is

Keith's interview from Hyde Park on Absolute Radio the night before the show.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 23, 2013 05:36

I like Mick quoting Shakespeare after "Doom and Gloom":

"Blow like sweet roses in the summer air." — LOVE'S LABOUR LOST

"And summer's lease hath all too short a date." — SONNET 18

Appropriate for a London concert.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 30 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home