Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 29 of 31
Re: Hyde Park show #1 July 6 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:03

Unfortunately all the really good youtube clips are being taken down by BBC,Eagle Rock,The Rolling Stones org. or whoever.
There's still a few out there that we gotta be thankful for I guess. thumbs up

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:30

Much Ado About Nothing .. by W. Shakespeare

complaining about the Start me up intro? the Hyde Park concert in '69 has been ALL like that!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:49

proudmary
TeddyB1018
Are Marianna and Proud Mary different logins for the same poster? Just asking.

slightly sexist remark - there are women's names and both're criticizing Richards (for different reasons, but it's nothing), therefore it's the same person. revealing that you do not confuse MunichHilton,Trylan, TGRNRBITW, Stones Tod, sonoma, sietan and others who all sound exactly as one person - sorry, guys

I can assure you that I am using only one name on this forum.Just saying

Two Marys, that's why, both of who are very critical of Keith. I agree that many of these guys sound the same too. You had been absent recently and Marianna posting a lot. Sexism has nothing to do with it. Thanks for clearing it up.

Date: July 9, 2013 23:21

I really like Keith's playing on "Bitch" here. There are a few mistakes, but the drive and energy are there and all together it sounds great.

I like to think he is trying to fight his way back right now, and I appreciate that! Please keep on playing, Keith!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 9, 2013 23:57

proudmary
TeddyB1018

slightly sexist remark - there are women's names and both're criticizing Richards (for different reasons, but it's nothing), therefore it's the same person. revealing that you do not confuse MunichHilton,Trylan, TGRNRBITW, Stones Tod, sonoma, sietan and others who all sound exactly as one person - sorry, guys

Marianna's posts are much more intelligent than proudmary's ones. Besides that it's unbelievable that she's not able to distinct Munich, Trylan, StonesTod (TGRNR-etc), sonomastonic and seitan from each other. So proudmary seems to be unable to distinguish any poster at all.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 10, 2013 00:58

Gary Clarke sounds more like more like the old Mick Taylor than Taylor himself.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 10, 2013 01:28

DoomandGloom
Gary Clarke sounds more like more like the old Mick Taylor than Taylor himself.

No one sounds like Taylor.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 10, 2013 01:32

proudmary
TeddyB1018

StonesTod is in a totally different league...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-10 01:33 by Torres.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:09

Just for fun - your average fairground ride goes:

EEEEEK!

SQUEEEEEEEEEK!

AAAAAAGH!

SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

But in Hyde Park, last Saturday, ten minutes after the show ended, this one was going WOOO WOOOO! at the top of its voice. Listen:

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:14

Torres
proudmary
TeddyB1018

StonesTod is in a totally different league...

Not totally...

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:37

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 15:11 by Ladykiller.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 10, 2013 03:57

kleermaker
proudmary
TeddyB1018

Marianna's posts are much more intelligent than proudmary's ones. Besides that it's unbelievable that she's not able to distinct Munich, Trylan, StonesTod (TGRNR-etc), sonomastonic and seitan from each other. So proudmary seems to be unable to distinguish any poster at all.

Was that really necessary, kleermaker? You weren't part of the conversation, it doesn't seem to me you have added anything here except to post something mean and insulting.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:28

kleermaker
proudmary seems to be unable to distinguish any poster at all.

But isn't that very quality the one so espoused by the great Taoists and Mahayana Buddhists? To see Life as a seamless unity? smoking smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 10, 2013 04:44

wolfmeister
BowieStone
It doesn't matter if you're 18 or 70.
If you're on stage you've got to deliver. People paid money to see you.
There won't be any excuses for me if I'm 70 and advising people to buy terrible funds.

If you know you can't do it anymore... Well, you can only do one thing. But that's up to him. As long he thinks he can still do it, I'll go and watch him.

He can still give a decent performance, but it's becoming a rarity I'm afraid.

I think the biggest problem is that he's just so damn lazy and still floats on the thought 'I'm Keith Richards'.

With the excuse that he's 70; it sounds like a freak show.
Look boy, this man is 70 and plays guitar.

Well I hope you dont get arthritis! A family friend got it, was a jeweller, made cool silver jewellery, but in the end had to stop cos her hands cannot work properly.

eventualy if it gets worse it spreads to all your body and you cannot dress yourself or leave the house without help.

Keith & me shook hands a few years ago, and his hands are pretty knobbly then! poor guy. I can't imagine anything worse for someone who works with their hands.

there is no cure, no matter how much money you have.

anyway, so lighten up maybe?

Wolfmeister is 100% correct. I have pretty bad arthritis in my hands myself and trust me, there are days when it flares up and the hands/fingers just don't want to function properly. Thankfully, NSAIDs work quite well most of the time to where you can perform most of your duties fairly normal, never 100% though. As is possible in Keith's case, it doesn't take much to overwork a certain joint or get a tendon inflamed and then you're pretty much screwed for a few days, even with a few cortizone shots.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, my worse hand is my right one and even though I sit behind a desk all day I had to miss work today and possibly even tomorrow because of a very bad arthritis flare-up that kept me up in pain all last night. When the arthritis acts up like that I can't hold a pen in my hand, can't open my toothpaste cap or even butter my toast, imagine playing a guitar! The doc gave me four cortizone shots in my hand today but they may not take effect for 2 to 3 days.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 10, 2013 06:02

WOOO WOOOO!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 16:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 10, 2013 11:19

proudmary
TeddyB1018

what makes you think we are all guys?

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 10, 2013 11:37

sonomastone
proudmary
TeddyB1018

Yeah! Some of us may have part-time jobs on weekends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-10 11:37 by Torres.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 10, 2013 11:54

Torres
sonomastone
proudmary
TeddyB1018

Yeah! Some of us may have part-time jobs on weekends.

Hard to tell how many guys I am.......

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 10, 2013 13:37

StrawberriesBlueberries
I really like Keith's playing on "Bitch" here. There are a few mistakes, but the drive and energy are there and all together it sounds great.

I like to think he is trying to fight his way back right now, and I appreciate that! Please keep on playing, Keith!

That number was awesome!!!! I was there and I went crazy when they pulled it off!!! It was punky, raw and edgy!! I read, also on other forums, someone pointing out guitar playing mistakes towards the end of the song.... I don't know, all I do know is that it was mean! I loved that!!!!!

Date: July 10, 2013 16:15

Nice one here of Mick on HTW - quick, before Eagle Rock gets there...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 10, 2013 16:20

Just posted a 3D HD video montage of 25 minutes, more details here : [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 10, 2013 16:42

Nice to see you all had a royal time welcoming your mates, has Mick redeveloped a cockney accent??? here's to lovely weather once again this Saturday. Stones forever!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-10 16:44 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 10, 2013 18:09

StonedInTokyo
steffiestones
Had a great time! The concert and the weather was fantastic!!

[i267.photobucket.com]

Just to see her there would have been worth the price of admission, and I would have forgotten to watch the concert.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You can pay me the price of admission if you want and you can see her for 5 minutes. smiling smiley

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 20:22

My thoughts on Saturday’s performance:

Positive setlist changes: ADTL, Bitch

Some strong performances: in particular MR, GS plus the above

Ronnie’s Les Paul sound (e.g. I thought he nailed the Exile sound on ADTL)

Tier 2 location – managed to get a place near the catwalk

The weather!

Dislikes

Shortest (?) concert of current tour

3 or 4 songs with MT (MR, plus CYHMK, LIV and Sway, not counting Satisfaction) wouldn’t have been too much 44 years and one day after his first appearance with the Stones

Could have been quite a bit louder (I want to hear Jagger sing, not the audience) and the guitar sound was a bit clean for my liking some of the time

Tier 2 access to bar and sanitary facilities

SFTD – I’ve never been able to get used to the canned-sounding rhythm

The more I think about it the more likes/dislikes I could add (mainly likes, I suppose), but I’ll leave it at that…

Having seen the Stones five times since 1982, I wouldn’t say it was the best concert, but it certainly had its moments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 11:12 by xke38.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 10, 2013 22:21

crawdaddy
Unfortunately all the really good youtube clips are being taken down by BBC,Eagle Rock,The Rolling Stones org. or whoever.
There's still a few out there that we gotta be thankful for I guess. thumbs up

I was filmed for this project by Eagle Rock, don´t know what they will do with it.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 22:51

Thanks for the clips! cool smiley Hope they won´t all disappear just yet, I haven´t had time to sit down and look at it all. Good memories! smiling smiley

Re: great gig - terrible keith
Date: July 11, 2013 01:03

kleermaker
guitarbastard
71Tele
He's better than in 2007, mainly because he is concentrating more and posing less (also, he has less to worry about, because Wood is delivering the goods this time). But that SMU intro was horrific. And he should simply stop the SFTD solos. It's far too much time to indulge in his aimless soloing. A real embarrassment.

yeah i never understood why he goes for those trademark solos just as in gimme shelter ans smypathy. leave them to ronnie.

They just don't have a decent lead guitarist (since 1975). I never understood why they replaced Taylor with Wood.

They managed pretty good without a flashing lead player between 1962-1969.

Mick probably didn't want Keith to become lazy, by only sticking to the rhythm, so the choice of Wood might be seen as a back to the roots-choice.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 11, 2013 02:30

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
They just don't have a decent lead guitarist (since 1975). I never understood why they replaced Taylor with Wood.

They managed pretty good without a flashing lead player between 1962-1969.

Mick probably didn't want Keith to become lazy, by only sticking to the rhythm, so the choice of Wood might be seen as a back to the roots-choice.

It may have had more to do with the fact that Ronnie just happened to be in the room when Taylor announced he was leaving.

According to Wood (in Crossfire Hurricane), it was at his house. Jagger was seated in between Taylor and Wood. At one point Mick T turned to Mick J and announced he was leaving the band. Then Mick J, stunned, turned to Ronnie and asked if he wanted to join.

Rather than a divinely executed musical plan, it was more just one of convenience for Mick and one of being in the right place at the right time for Ronnie.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 11, 2013 19:45

Not that it really matter but wasn't it a Robert Stigwood party? Yes, it was, after an EC concert ;-)

@xke38 - Good summary! MR was indeed really excellent, that's why I don't see it going away on Saturday to be replaced by CYHMK, the "drive" just isn't the same, but who knows!

Date: July 11, 2013 19:59

If you haven't looked lately, the Show Reports bit here [www.iorr.org] is now full of reviews and some excellent pictures. Glad to see someone got a pic of the fan (male) wearing a much more exact copy of the Mr Fish dress than Mick did - I saw a girl wearing one too.

and - Wow, this is a great one!

Pictures by Klaus Lauterbach

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031Next
Current Page: 29 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home