Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: "From The Vault"- Hampton 1981 on 3 November
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 13, 2014 23:31

Mr.D
The Marquee '71 and Montreaux '72 rehearsals are part of the Sticky Fingers Deluxe boxset. He also told me that there is NO complete video of the El Mocambo shows...sad smiley

Again, they shouldn't get hung up on complete concerts. I'd love to see whatever they do have of the El Mocambo shows. Led Zeppelin released bits and pieces of shows from '68 to '79, and it was great. All that matters is a performance. If they only performed a song once in concert, give us that song, without the rest of that particular show.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 13, 2014 23:37

Mr.D
The Marquee '71 and Montreaux '72 rehearsals are part of the Sticky Fingers Deluxe boxset. He also told me that there is NO complete video of the El Mocambo shows...sad smiley

The Montreux '72 rehearsals were included on the "Ladies And Gentlemen" DVD.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: August 14, 2014 01:12

Where's the amazon pre-order for this release ?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 14, 2014 11:03

Mr.D
I have a friend who works for Eagle Rock who told me a couple of years ago that they had signed a long term deal with the Stones to release two shows a year... these are the ones he mentioned that jump out at me the most, in no particular order...a three or four DVD set of the Stripped concerts in London, Paris and Amsterdam...the 1999 San Jose No Security U.S. tour finale, originally scheduled to be shown on Showtime but withdrawn...Shepherd's Bush '99 with some excellent rarities...the Licks tour theater shows...he swore up and down that they have an excellent print of the LA Friday '75 show...I don't know about you but the possibilities make my head spin!winking smiley

If they release those 95 club gigs, I'll die a happy man with jizz in my pants. Keith once said that those concerts were among the best they ever did. I'd love to see Roseland Ballroom 2002 too. I hear it was white hot. Any concert from 99 would be good. The NS Tour isn't represented anywhere outside the live album and some amateur shot DVDs. Shepherds Bush would be lovely too.

Btw isn't many of those concerts courtesy of Video James? The ones from before 1989 I mean.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-14 11:10 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: August 14, 2014 11:36

Wonder if the backstage stuff and the Thorogood numbers are also on that release.Will it be without any cuts?
My favourite version still is my old VHS Tape I bought in 1987 which is the complete broadcast without a single cut.

Date: August 14, 2014 11:40

NoPanic
Wonder if the backstage stuff and the Thorogood numbers are also on that release.Will it be without any cuts?
My favourite version still is my old VHS Tape I bought in 1987 which is the complete broadcast without a single cut.

Most likely, I think.

The "turkish cab driver-comment" from the official audio release is not on my dvd copy, so I guess the Jointrip-version is edited?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 14, 2014 12:07

The well-known film of LA '75 is from Friday 11th, with a pretty sloppy performance.

The "LA Friday" show they released officially is the Sunday 13th show which is much better musically.

The clips they released officially on youtube are from the often seen 11th footage. (They also removed frontal cuts of Keith because he was too stoned for Google/Eagle Rock/contemporary popular media 2013).

Either they don't have anything filmed from the 13th, or they were too lazy to look it up and restore it. At least they had the good judgement of releasing audio of the good show.

Date: August 14, 2014 12:19

LieB
The well-known film of LA '75 is from Friday 11th, with a pretty sloppy performance.

The "LA Friday" show they released officially is the Sunday 13th show which is much better musically.

The clips they released officially on youtube are from the often seen 11th footage. (They also removed frontal cuts of Keith because he was too stoned for Google/Eagle Rock/contemporary popular media 2013).

Either they don't have anything filmed from the 13th, or they were too lazy to look it up and restore it. At least they had the good judgement of releasing audio of the good show.

The Keith cut from Happy was what I had in mind - because the dvd I have has multi-cam shots from Happy. You sure that's the reason? I think the sound on the YT-clips were inferior to the Jointrip-version as well?

And the audio of the Happy clip was NOT from the 13th!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-14 12:20 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 14, 2014 13:09

I would say the state of Keith is definitely the reason, there's no other reason why they would only show shots from behind him.

Date: August 14, 2014 13:15

flairville
I would say the state of Keith is definitely the reason, there's no other reason why they would only show shots from behind him.

I thought it was a different show than from the 11th, and that they didn't have more footage.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 14, 2014 13:45

JumpingKentFlash
The NS Tour isn't represented anywhere outside the live album and some amateur shot DVDs.

The No Security live album was released in late 1998, with recordings from the Babylon tour 97/98.
The No Security 1999 tour is not represented on that album.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: August 14, 2014 14:26

Father Ted
bonddm
I'm hoping for Knebworth 76!

I've read that the audio tracks for Knebworth were damaged, which rendered a possible live LP and TV special useless.

You just hope and pray that the dull Voodoo Lounge VHS isn't being cleaned up for a 2015 release ;-)
Maybe using modern technology the audio tracks can be repaired?Thanks for the info.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 14, 2014 14:40

Mr.D
I have a friend who works for Eagle Rock who told me a couple of years ago that they had signed a long term deal with the Stones to release two shows a year... these are the ones he mentioned that jump out at me the most, in no particular order...a three or four DVD set of the Stripped concerts in London, Paris and Amsterdam...the 1999 San Jose No Security U.S. tour finale, originally scheduled to be shown on Showtime but withdrawn...Shepherd's Bush '99 with some excellent rarities...the Licks tour theater shows...he swore up and down that they have an excellent print of the LA Friday '75 show...I don't know about you but the possibilities make my head spin!winking smiley

The filmed shows you mentioned are circulating amongst traders for sure.

The El Mocambo shows where not filmed at all.

Mathijs

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 14, 2014 14:41

Was watching the extended Jumping Jack Flash on YouTube and telling one of my mates how wonderful they sounded. I don 't care what people think but Mick looked hot in those yellow tights!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 14, 2014 14:43

I'm looking forward to some more Wyman era releases. His playing at Hampton 1981 was shit hot to say the least!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 14, 2014 16:41

erikjjf
JumpingKentFlash
The NS Tour isn't represented anywhere outside the live album and some amateur shot DVDs.

The No Security live album was released in late 1998, with recordings from the Babylon tour 97/98.
The No Security 1999 tour is not represented on that album.

Even worse then....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 14, 2014 17:10

Father Ted
bonddm

I've read that the audio tracks for Knebworth were damaged, which rendered a possible live LP and TV special useless.

You just hope and pray that the dull Voodoo Lounge VHS isn't being cleaned up for a 2015 release ;-)

And the rendition is partly lousy ... with some exceptions like Wild Horses. But on the other hand LSTNT or Stray Cat are catastrophic ... and Hey Negrita and Hot Stuff are drowned in a feedback thunderstorm ...

Date: August 14, 2014 17:18

DandelionPowderman
LieB

The Keith cut from Happy was what I had in mind - because the dvd I have has multi-cam shots from Happy. You sure that's the reason? I think the sound on the YT-clips were inferior to the Jointrip-version as well?

The first position in my list of yet unfullfilled wishes is a complete release of all five LA 75 concerts. At least a complete audio version with the sound quality of the official LA Friday ...

Date: August 14, 2014 17:26

RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
LieB

The first position in my list of yet unfullfilled wishes is a complete release of all five LA 75 concerts. At least a complete audio version with the sound quality of the official LA Friday ...

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 14, 2014 17:31

Yesterday was uploaded by Music Vaults, its the same bootleg version with pre-show content:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: August 14, 2014 17:33

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
LieB

+1 thumbs up

This would be what I would like to call an apotheosis of Rock'n Roll ...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 14, 2014 17:44

RobertJohnson
Father Ted
bonddm

And the rendition is partly lousy ... with some exceptions like Wild Horses. But on the other hand LSTNT or Stray Cat are catastrophic ... and Hey Negrita and Hot Stuff are drowned in a feedback thunderstorm ...

It's a shame as Knebworth is an historically significant show. Maybe an edited version of the good stuff would be possible as part of a Black & Blue deluxe edition.

Date: August 14, 2014 18:49

Father Ted
RobertJohnson
Father Ted
bonddm

It's a shame as Knebworth is an historically significant show. Maybe an edited version of the good stuff would be possible as part of a Black & Blue deluxe edition.

Yes, I'm up for all good stuff from 75/76. But unfortunately there are also microphone failures during, if I remember correctly, Route 66 or Around and Around. It was a mess ...

Date: August 14, 2014 18:52

There are 3 or 4 microphone failures even on Leeds 82. Weird noises coming out of Keith's channels. Luckily, they just happen once in a while..

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 14, 2014 20:54

TheBlockbuster
Let's not forget thar everything since 1989 is filmed. I hope for:

Dallas 1989
Barcelona 1976
Osaka Dome 2nd Show 1998
The Pepsi Convetion Tent 1997
Cleveland 2002
Aragon Ballroom 2002
Stockholm Globe Arena 2003 (recorded for Four Flicks)
Bangalore 2003
Columbus 2005
Boston TD Garden 2nd Show 2006
Wercther 2007
Le Trabendo 2012 + Echoplex 2013

Barcelona 76 ??? I don't think this one was filmed. I only know of 2 videos of the first minutes of the show (one camera only).

If you have more info, please, let me know.

Best

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2014 21:05

I don't mind the Hampton release but I would have prefered Leeds ยด82 before it. Not because it's better but because it's not as worn out as Hampton.

Date: August 14, 2014 21:28

rogerriffin
Yesterday was uploaded by Music Vaults, its the same bootleg version with pre-show content:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Funny, a few weeks ago they had to remove bits and pieces from their main channel, and now they give the Stones their own 'Showcase' channel...

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: August 14, 2014 22:08

Rolling Stones on Music vault

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFPh5PL2c8Y&feature=share

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: August 15, 2014 00:14

What about a complete 1970 show from the European tour? Huntley Archives claim to have over 2 hours of pro shot material including backstage footage.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: August 15, 2014 00:20

Mack Jigger
What about a complete 1970 show from the European tour? Huntley Archives claim to have over 2 hours of pro shot material including backstage footage.

[www.youtube.com]

Yes please.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home