Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28
Re: New BOXSET : Hampton 81
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:22

SKILLS
Yeah L.A. now that'd be wild, who knows what the oficial footage looks like, or how much there is?

Probably put Falo in coma if they finally released it after that incredible effort on his MFG project, still though must be said that potentially the 78 bootleg is more than a competitor for the official Texas 78. So rock on Boots

no no, no potential coma threat on my side, but after their uploads of snippets
to promote the July 13th release, I doubt that they have good audio quality for an official release.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:42

jpasc95
so, to sum up, all we can expect is to have the Hampton DVD in widescreen.

No, it will be in 4:3 standard for television up until recently, what you'd call a square shape, not the rectangle of your widescreen TV. So expect as per "The Checkerboard Lounge" black vertical lines either side of picture.

To create a widescreen picture they would have to cut off the top and bottom of the picture, sacrificing nearly 25% of view and that ain't gonna happen. If you look at David Bowie's Serious Moonlight and Glass Spider Tour DVD's they were recorded with Television Camera's and are of a considerably lesser quality than the Motion Picture Camera filmed 72' L&G, Texas 78 & 81's Lets Spend The Night Together.

Remember the Band had already gone to the trouble and expense of Filming 3/4 performances for inclusion in the Film LSTNT, so making a second film at Hampton would have been pointless. It's only the fan sentiment and success of the archive releases that the band would effectively release a second visual record when one already exists.

I happen to like LSTNT, it's shot from strange angles and has one of my most favourite versions of YCAGWYW, I adore Ronnie's long solo almost mucking Mick up, and Neighbours/Black Limousine is a stunning intro to 2 new songs

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:46

SKILLS
jpasc95
so, to sum up, all we can expect is to have the Hampton DVD in widescreen.

No, it will be in 4:3 standard for television up until recently, what you'd call a square shape, not the rectangle of your widescreen TV. So expect as per "The Checkerboard Lounge" black vertical lines either side of picture.

To create a widescreen picture they would have to cut off the top and bottom of the picture, sacrificing nearly 25% of view and that ain't gonna happen. If you look at David Bowie's Serious Moonlight and Glass Spider Tour DVD's they were recorded with Television Camera's and are of a considerably lesser quality than the Motion Picture Camera filmed 72' L&G, Texas 78 & 81's Lets Spend The Night Together.

Remember the Band had already gone to the trouble and expense of Filming 3/4 performances for inclusion in the Film LSTNT, so making a second film at Hampton would have been pointless. It's only the fan sentiment and success of the archive releases that the band would effectively release a second visual record when one already exists.

I happen to like LSTNT, it's shot from strange angles and has one of my most favourite versions of YCAGWYW, I adore Ronnie's long solo almost mucking Mick up, and Neighbours/Black Limousine is a stunning intro to 2 new songs
well, in that case, I won't buy that Hampton DVD cos there will be nothing new.

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 21:48

Anymore news on this?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 28, 2013 22:44

My boot leg DVD of Hampton is just fine, especially if they don't release it separately, or want and arm and a leg as part of boxset.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2013 22:53

I hear there will be a replica of Mick's football pants included as part of the set.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2013 22:57

treaclefingers
I hear there will be a replica of Mick's football pants included as part of the set.

Although that truly sweetens the deal it turns out they are key-chain size so no jumping around in the mirror...and would it kill them to through in the cape?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 28, 2013 23:57

Is this confirmd? If so, when is the release date? Are there any pictures of the set available? Why not release the '82 Leeds concert also? It looks really good apart from Mick's stage clothes...

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 23:58

The article says there will be box sets for ALL Stones Archive releases. I'm sure the rest will have a standalone DVD released by Eagle Rock.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:09

I think the footage from 1975 is from the Bill Graham archives.
Mick mentioned in the trailer from TEXAS1978 that he was responsible for the filming.
Wasnt he the promoter for most LA concerts in the 70's?
One thing about Hampton.........the Stones have ALL the camera angles in their archives so we may get different footage than on the PPV.
Can anyone tell me what Mick was talking about when he said "dressed all up in a Turkish jock strap?"

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 29, 2013 02:33

Hey, I want them to keep releasing things too but how about letting something out that we HAVENT seen a billion times in ex quality...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2013 02:33

Munichhilton
treaclefingers

Although that truly sweetens the deal it turns out they are key-chain size so no jumping around in the mirror...and would it kill them to through in the cape?

yeah exactly cheap monkey bastards. GRRRR!

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 29, 2013 05:36

Christopher
I think the footage from 1975 is from the Bill Graham archives.
Mick mentioned in the trailer from TEXAS1978 that he was responsible for the filming.
Wasnt he the promoter for most LA concerts in the 70's?
One thing about Hampton.........the Stones have ALL the camera angles in their archives so we may get different footage than on the PPV.
Can anyone tell me what Mick was talking about when he said "dressed all up in a Turkish jock strap?"

I thought he said, "It's hotter than a Turkish taxi driver's jockstrap." I supposed it gets toasty inside those Turkish drawers.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 29, 2013 07:12

That's a good look for Ronnie -- the Tranny Street Walking Hooker look.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:25

Releasing the Hampton show is excellent news. If it is released only as that box-set, then it sucks.

Release it as a CD/DVD/Bluray/LP and let us buy those separately. 99.9% of fans need 1 or 2 of those items. I (like many others I hope) don't need to pay 500 extra to get a Keith Richards pick replica.

If it is released as a normaly priced CD and DVD, I'll go and buy it on the day one. If not, I won't bother. If we are forced to pay say 700$ for that, I would feel absolutely no guilt if I dowloaded it somewhere for free. Eventhough I ALWAYS BUY the official stuff.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:37

24FPS
My boot leg DVD of Hampton is just fine, especially if they don't release it separately, or want and arm and a leg as part of boxset.

Agreed! I have a boot dvd of Seatle 81', its great. Why can't they just do them all like Texas 78'? If they went that route, every Stones fan would pick up at least one from every tour.......I never thought the Stones were an exclusive thing.......I always thought they were living out the dreams of decadence that we could live vicariously through. Rock and Roll aint exclusive man!

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:57

A stand alone dvd would be fine I would buy it but then again i might need a replica of mick's pants

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:21

"Some signed by Richards" LOL LOL LOL LOL.

Date: May 29, 2013 21:50

It's a bit sad though that it took them 32 years to release this. The original Hampton PPV was never shown in Europe so I would have loved a VHS of this in the early 80s...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 30, 2013 13:48

the hal ashby movie is good with one exception ,the songs have been cut short to make the whole concert fit into a 2 hour movie .this sucks because the songs from the concert have been chopped .that is why this news about hampton 81 coming out is great news .we all have a ton of boots from 81 ,now we will have a dvd of a complete show from 81 .

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 30, 2013 13:52

When is it coming out?

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: May 30, 2013 14:06

Kevinrm15
The article says there will be box sets for ALL Stones Archive releases. I'm sure the rest will have a standalone DVD released by Eagle Rock.

Yeah I think its highly likely that we'll see LA, Leeds, Tokyo and Toronto DVD's hence why only a few videos from some of these shows have been but on their YouTube channel, they're clearly there as teasers. I think it's also why these shows where selected as archive releases in the first place, it's mainly to combat the bootlegs like LA and Tokyo that are in circulation, with adage of a few gems like Leeds and Toronto.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: May 30, 2013 14:13

Stoneage
It's a bit sad though that it took them 32 years to release this. The original Hampton PPV was never shown in Europe so I would have loved a VHS of this in the early 80s...
I watch it 2 days before the 1st paris show in 1982. It was in a place called "Vidéostone" 17 de la rue des Grands-Augustins 75006 Paris. Stayed open only 2 years!

Date: August 12, 2013 20:50

So this was just a hoax?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 13, 2013 01:53

I've been monitoring the Eagle Rock site, Bravado and just about anything that could be involved, and not a peep since the initial word.

I would say that they usually look to release Late October/Mid November in the past to capture the christmas market.

So i'd say if we don't hear anything within the next 6-8 weeks then it's a whenever/whatever proposition imo

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:45

please mick/keith put hampton 81 boxset out please !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:55

Well, I would rather say: Please, Mick, Keith, put the Hapmton DVD/Bluray out! If there is a boxset for those who want to pay 500 extra, good, but let it be a plain DVD/Bluray in the first place.

Date: August 13, 2013 14:03

<Packaging will include a DVD of the show, vinyl and possibly a replica of Keith Richards' guitar pick, with some signed by Richards. "We're trying to make sure it's a different experience every time," Bennett says.">

I have the CDs, the DVD and the vinyl, all in excellent quality.

Should I get this merely for a replica of Keith's pick + some stuff he signed?

We need both nights + some extra stuff to make this worthwhile, imo.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: August 13, 2013 15:39

Happy24
Well, I would rather say: Please, Mick, Keith, put the Hapmton DVD/Bluray out! If there is a boxset for those who want to pay 500 extra, good, but let it be a plain DVD/Bluray in the first place.

And please put Live at Leeds DVD\Bluray also, both concerts should be available IMO!!!

Posted by: johang ()
Date: August 13, 2013 19:35

Never mind picture quality, the most important part is the sound..., hopefully that is what's causing the delay...?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home