Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 28
Re: "From The Vault"- Hampton 1981 on 3 November
Date: August 20, 2014 16:51

Doxa
The more I think of the possible Tokyo '95 release, the less sense it makes to me. Sounds about the least exciting Stones product one can imagine. It is going to be a damn low profile product if anything. I mean, just another modern day Stones stadium gig footage the world has been offered numerous times already, the shops still being full of them. I don't think the two decades has given it any historical value. Quite the contary - the DVDs released after/during the tours have some urgency/souvenir value, but is there really something special to remember from an ordinary VOODOO LOUNGE show, decades later? That would make it unique, different, or something like that? I don't hear much applauds here at IORR - among the hardcore fan base - so how it could possibly excite anyone outside the devoted circles? Could any journalist/reviewer even notice its existence, no matter even to say anything of it? "Yeah, seemingly the Stones offered the same show, the same performers, the same songs, back then as they do now. Not actually being any better, but looked a bit younger, if that means anything"...

I just don't get it. Who the hell in this world is going to buy this product??!! Who actually needs that? Or do they really have started thinking that there are so many people in this world who might have nostalgic feelings that 'oh yeah, that was my first Rolling Stones tour, great to have souvenir of that now'. Well, it actually was my first, but count me out...

- Doxa

I agree. The fans need a DVD from a tour where they haven't released anything as yet. OR they should release something special, like the 1995 club-gigs (Or the 1982 or 1989 club gigs, for that matter).

The No Security-tour is first in line, though, together with some Brian era-material, imo.

The Marquee-show would also be a natural release, but I really doubt they will release a "show" that sloppy-sounding. But we'll have to wait and see.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 20, 2014 16:54

corriecas
so............do we really need Hampton on DVD then..............

Jeroen

NO.- But will be great to get BD+CD as Texas 78, with decent image and excellent audio..
Yes.- To put in the trash all bootleg versions we had...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2014 17:20

Doxa
The more I think of the possible Tokyo '95 release, the less sense it makes to me.
- Doxa

Or... the band want to release mainstream stuff (audio and video) before they get to the "deep" (= for IORR readers) material. From a commercial pov it's better to offer the common stuff first before you put rarities on the shelves, no?

The 6 FLAC releases were mainstream to say the least. We waited for Mocambo or something simialr in vain. Maybe the stream of DVD's will follow the same path : fill the gaps in the official discography with solid live stuff but nothing more. No rare shows, no rare songs.

But we can still hope the deep stuff (audio and vid) will come after this bunch of DVDs.

Date: August 20, 2014 17:24

Another explanation for Tokyo is it's done and ready. It's been released before on laserdisc, so there's no need for editing or stuff like that. You just have to take it from the vaults and prepare it for the DVD/BR format.

If they decide to put the Paradiso gigs out, there might be some editing and mixing to be done...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 20, 2014 17:31

dcba
Another explanation for Tokyo is it's done and ready. It's been released before on laserdisc, so there's no need for editing or stuff like that. You just have to take it from the vaults and prepare it for the DVD/BR format.

If they decide to put the Paradiso gigs out, there might be some editing and mixing to be done...

Maybe as 20th anniversary (as At The Max) in 2015 they could release Tokyo 95 in Bluray...

Hope in 2017 they release Bridges To Babylon in St. Louis in Bluray!!! (this also were released in Laser Disc year ago)

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 20, 2014 18:32

I thought from the vault was unreleased stuff. Japan was officially released

Date: August 20, 2014 19:34

rogerriffin

Maybe as 20th anniversary (as At The Max) in 2015 they could release Tokyo 95 in Bluray...

Hope in 2017 they release Bridges To Babylon in St. Louis in Bluray!!! (this also were released in Laser Disc year ago)

I hope you're wrong. What you speculate would be anti-climatic so say the least confused smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 20:04

Bashlets

When?

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 20, 2014 20:12

Everyone has some type of copy of this..I have a good quality VHS. No interest as so many better shows and boots from 81. The Philly boot is much better.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 20, 2014 20:17

RoughJusticeOnYa
marko
oh no no we donĀ“t need Tokyo 1995,specially not the march 12th...

We do need something from the 1994 / 1995 tour, though...

Without knowing anything about that particular (Tokyo) show: I'm sure there's better alternatives -
but still: I'd welcome anything from that tour as an official release in DVD / Blu Ray format.

We do have something we have the Miami show from the Voodoo Lounge Tour I own a copy. I have loads of Sympathy, about 40 versionshot smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 20:34

The Japan show was as sterile a sound and unenthusiastic audience I have ever seen at a Stones shows.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 20, 2014 20:42

DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

When?

It was released in Japan on Laser Disc.

[www.geetarz.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-20 20:45 by Deltics.

Date: August 20, 2014 20:46

As it has already been released in Japan, there is really no point, however a club show with rarities would be welcomed with open arms>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-20 20:52 by desertblues68.

Date: August 20, 2014 21:25

I was at the PPV in Miami and the guests really dragged that show down....the Stones, however, were very good that evening.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 20, 2014 21:28

Brstonesfan
I was at the PPV in Miami and the guests really dragged that show down....the Stones, however, were very good that evening.

...except for Bo Diddley and Robert Cray...

Date: August 20, 2014 21:31

Cray was very good on "Stop Breaking Down", Bo was a pioneer so I guess he gets a pass...it was a little too played out.

Date: August 20, 2014 21:33

That Stop Breaking Down was a beautiful trainwreck grinning smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 20, 2014 21:35

DandelionPowderman

I like it from beginning to end:

Date: August 20, 2014 21:47

Brstonesfan
Really love Keef singing the worst and the B stage setsmileys with beer

Date: August 20, 2014 22:26

Yes...I recall they sang Angie, Sweet Virginia and and one more from the "B" stage which was really to my right and not centered as it was in future tours.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 20, 2014 22:30

Brstonesfan
Yes...I recall they sang Angie, Sweet Virginia and one more from the "B" stage

Dead Flowers.

Date: August 20, 2014 22:40

Brstonesfan
Yes...I recall they sang Angie, Sweet Virginia and and one more from the "B" stage which was really to my right and not centered as it was in future tours.

Thank you my friend Swedish Eric!!!! Hope all is well!!! Did you see the Stones in Europe????

Date: August 20, 2014 22:42

erikjjf
Brstonesfan

Dead Flowers.
Brstonrsfan, the band played really well that night, I am so jealous!grinning smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 23:02

desertblues68
erikjjf
Brstonesfan

Dead Flowers.
Brstonrsfan, the band played really well that night, I am so jealous!grinning smiley
That was a great tour although it took them some time to get the momentum rolling as they had not played since the end of SW/Urban Jungle tours. It was the beginning of virtually non stop touring until the long break from 07-12. I was 3rd row and it was an incredible stage. The unique thing was how they had such a diverse set list and broke into Satisfaction less than 1/2 way through the show. VL remains , imo, the best "modern tour".

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 20, 2014 23:07

Brstonesfan
Thank you my friend Swedish Eric!!!! Hope all is well!!! Did you see the Stones in Europe????

Sure did. Oslo, Landgraaf and Stockholm.

Date: August 20, 2014 23:08

erikjjf
Brstonesfan

Sure did. Oslo, Landgraaf and Stockholm.

This is wonderful news. I think our mutual friend mentioned she saw you. Take care!!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 21, 2014 00:22

WTH is going on on Stop Breaking Down anyways? It sounds like Mick temporarily forgot how to sing.

Date: August 21, 2014 00:25

TooTough
DandelionPowderman

I like it from beginning to end:

The beat is totally off for a long time in the beginning whether we like it or not smiling smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 21, 2014 00:57

We can't even get just a straight release of the Stripped TV show as it aired? That sucks.

Date: August 21, 2014 01:04

And my Stripped CD Rom doesn't work anymore smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home