Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28
Re: "From The Vault"- Hampton 1981 on 3 November
Date: August 19, 2014 13:47

TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
ryanpow
DandelionPowderman
ryanpow
If Hampton gets the same kind of mix that Leeds 82 did, that would I would be interested in hearing that.

We know how the mix is, as Hampton was released prior to Leeds. The mixes are pretty similar, except for some mic problems on Keith's guitar on the Leeds release. On Hampton there is sound problems during the intro of UMT.

Both sound like modernised versions of the show in great quality, imo.

confused smiley Uhh... Oh yeah.

There's something about the Mix at Leeds that I like better. Maybe its because it was an outdoor show.

Same here, like if there is bit more air in the mix. I think Keith had switched amp by then as well.
Keith switched to which amp? he was using the mesa boogie at this time ?

Sorry, I mixed it up with the 89 tour, where he switched to the Twin mid-tour.

Posted by: AllAboutYours ()
Date: August 19, 2014 13:58

Keith and Ron did change the amps. 81 tour is pure Mesa Boogie Mark IIb. In 82 those amps were either modified or Boogie delivered new amps. And those would be Mesa Boogie Mark IIb+. You can't get that Leeds sound out of stock Mark IIb.

Date: August 19, 2014 14:02

AllAboutYours
Keith and Ron did change the amps. 81 tour is pure Mesa Boogie Mark IIb. In 82 those amps were either modified or Boogie delivered new amps. And those would be Mesa Boogie Mark IIb+. You can't get that Leeds sound out of stock Mark IIb.

Thanks! I knew there was something there as well. But the change to Twins happened during the SW/UJ-tour.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 19, 2014 14:03

I think the dilemma is that the older the stuff is, the better it sells (that is, has more historical significance that is translated into bigger interest outside hardcore fan circles), but there simply isn't much material to choose from... So we are stick to post-80's stuff. I hope that HAMPTON doesn't turn out to be the oldest show, like what happened with Bootleg Series with its first release, BRUSSELS AFFAIR.

- Doxa

Date: August 19, 2014 14:10

AllAboutYours

This lead me back to this old thread. Some great stuff in there:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 19, 2014 14:15

Good point Doxa. But I have a feeling that LA75 will be released. Of course this is nothing more than a hunch, I don't have inside information. I do believe there is very little film footage from the 1960s and 70s that we don't already know about. Let's wait and see. Maybe we will be surprised in a big way.

Date: August 19, 2014 14:33

frankotero
Good point Doxa. But I have a feeling that LA75 will be released. Of course this is nothing more than a hunch, I don't have inside information. I do believe there is very little film footage from the 1960s and 70s that we don't already know about. Let's wait and see. Maybe we will be surprised in a big way.

If so, it will probably be this one, and not the archive audio release:

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 19, 2014 14:49

I've been wrong before but I doubt they'll release LA '75 officially on DVD. I think the show is terrible, particularly Jagger.

Date: August 19, 2014 14:50

flairville
I've been wrong before but I doubt they'll release LA '75 officially on DVD. I think the show is terrible, particularly Jagger.

Which one?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 19, 2014 15:56

corriecas
odean73
corriecas
so............do we really need Hampton on DVD then..............

Jeroen

I would say yes.

Not all of us have access to good copies and mine keep freezing occaisonly so spoiling the over all effect of the concert.

well Odean, you are right to buy it then. Enjoy it !!
Jeroen

I certainly will and cant wait for november 3rd.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 19, 2014 17:08

frankotero

Archive footage does exist from shows that have never circulated as bootlegs. I have no insider knowledge either but very short clips from these films have appeared in TV documentaries. Whether there is sufficient footage from a single show or tour to put together a complete show I don’t know, but it may be possible to build an official DVD covering 1969-1973 from multiple sources along the lines of the Led Zep DVD. Within a few years there will be a fairly complete official live history available on DVD. Good times!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 19, 2014 18:43

flairville

There are charming messy moments in all five shows, I guess. E.g. Happy from the official LA Friday is a candidate for the sequel of 13 Nervous Breakdowns. But the great moments will outshine the messy ones by far. The five shows are the holy Stones-grail in my opinion ... Okay Jagger goes a little bit Tom Waits, but I love Tom, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-19 18:44 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 19, 2014 19:14

dcba
""SD Blu-ray" means this will *not* be in HD video, but standard def like the recent Blu-ray release of the 1992 Freddy Mercury Tribute concert. No doubt because the show was shot on video tape, not film. Hopefully the audio will at least be lossless"
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Arggghhh...
Arrrggghhh too !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2014 22:03

Jean-Pascal, another bad news : 1995 will be represented by... the Tokyo March 12 show! Goodbye Paradiso Olympia or Brixton?
Je meurs! grinning smiley

5 blu- ray in the next next years
Posted by: LERIFFHUMAIN ()
Date: August 19, 2014 21:49

information from the french fan-site "sympathyforthedevils"

Eagle Rock will release for the first time officially and in the next two years, five concerts the Stones in Blu-ray. First in the series, the concert Hampton in 1981 that will appear on November 3. If the picture and sound have been restored, the little "SD Blu-ray" label on the cover suggests that we will not have the right to an artificial inflation of a TV picture (remember that this show was broadcast pay-per-view at the time) in HD.

Los Angeles will follow in 1975 and 1995 Tokyo What wriggle impatiently therefore

Re: 5 blu- ray in the next next years
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 19, 2014 21:56

Let's hope we get Knebworth and the Marquee 71 too.

Re: 5 blu- ray in the next next years
Date: August 19, 2014 21:59

LERIFFHUMAIN
information from the french fan-site "sympathyforthedevils"

1995 Tokyo

confused smiley Shall we logically cancel the possibility of seeing the Euro club shows being released? I couldn't care less about Tokyo March 12... unless they add the Toshiba sessions as a bonus.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 19, 2014 22:20

dcba
Jean-Pascal, another bad news : 1995 will be represented by... the Tokyo March 12 show! Goodbye Paradiso Olympia or Brixton?
arrrgghh again !
yes I agree with you for 95' shows. Tokyo may not be the best choice.
I'm afraid then we must forget clubs concerts.

but we'll have LA 75 and I hope it will be better that the Jointrip or Ganja version

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 19, 2014 22:30

75 seems like a hard tour to capture. I hope the DVD can pull it all together.

Date: August 19, 2014 22:31

dcba

This is bad news indeed. No matter how hot show it might be, it is a standard post-89 show we been treated enough. Good for hardcore stamp collectors, but there is much interesting stuff from 1995.

So three out of five is rather certain now? HAMPTON, LA 75, TOKYO 95?

- Doxa

Date: August 19, 2014 22:59

Where is those releases confirmed?

Date: August 19, 2014 23:59

DandelionPowderman

Here at IORR!grinning smiley

(Check some posts above.. The French seem to have some sources..)

- Doxa

Date: August 20, 2014 00:17

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Here at IORR!grinning smiley

(Check some posts above.. The French seem to have some sources..)

- Doxa

Anything apart from the french site that states that LA will follow in 75? smiling smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 00:22

Another reason to complain?
Releasing Hampton I (18/12) in two forms (flac and DVD) seems like a bad move. It would have been wiser to sell FLACs of Hampton II and put out the DVD of the PPV, no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-20 14:44 by dcba.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 20, 2014 02:27

Why not restore this one too and bundle them together?

Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 20, 2014 09:02

oh no no we don´t need Tokyo 1995,specially not the march 12th...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 20, 2014 11:57

Bastion
Why not restore this one too and bundle them together?

Only worth doing a restoration if the Houston show had a significantly different set list to Hampton.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 20, 2014 14:20

marko
oh no no we don´t need Tokyo 1995,specially not the march 12th...

We do need something from the 1994 / 1995 tour, though...

Without knowing anything about that particular (Tokyo) show: I'm sure there's better alternatives -
but still: I'd welcome anything from that tour as an official release in DVD / Blu Ray format.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 20, 2014 15:10

12th March 1995 includes underwhelming versions of Rocks Off, Love Is Strong, Sympathy For The Devil and Satisfaction. Since it's also already available in such good qualilty it would be a very unnecessary release:

Date: August 20, 2014 16:46

The more I think of the possible Tokyo '95 release, the less sense it makes to me. Sounds about the least exciting Stones product one can imagine. It is going to be a damn low profile product if anything. I mean, just another modern day Stones stadium gig footage the world has been offered numerous times already, the shops still being full of them. I don't think the two decades has given it any historical value. Quite the contary - the DVDs released after/during the tours have some urgency/souvenir value, but is there really something special to remember from an ordinary VOODOO LOUNGE show, decades later? That would make it unique, different, or something like that? I don't hear much applauds here at IORR - among the hardcore fan base - so how it could possibly excite anyone outside the devoted circles? Could any journalist/reviewer even notice its existence, no matter even to say anything of it? "Yeah, seemingly the Stones offered the same show, the same performers, the same songs, back then as they do now. Not actually being any better, but looked a bit younger, if that means anything". I think it will be ignored totally.

I just don't get it. Who the hell in this world is going to buy this product??!! Who actually needs that? Or do they really have started thinking that there are so many people in this world who might have nostalgic feelings that 'oh yeah, that was my first Rolling Stones tour, great to have souvenir of that now'. Well, it actually was my first, but count me out...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-20 16:48 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home