Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30
Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:08

The pit is always less than "full". They sell it that way because of the prices you pay.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 17, 2013 14:33

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 17:33 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:41

Well there is concert karma, my buddy in DC owns a company and called in some chips from a client and got 2 free club level tickets. So I am going, and all I have to pay for is my plane ticket. So flying from Detroit to DC for $140 round trip.

Posted by: CarlG ()
Date: May 18, 2013 05:39

drbryant
The LA show was practically sold out - I know because I bought tix at the box office. However, literally thousands of seats were sold for $85 at the last minute. I expect that pattern will continue. They should have just priced the tickets better - $1500 for the pit seems to sell; $625 for front floors and risers close to the stage is expensive, but people will pay. The rest of the arena should have been priced from $125 - $275, and every show would have sold out.

Yep. Exactly.

Tour Statistics??
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:26

Do we know how the tour is doing, or do they typically not release this info until well after the tour is over? I ask because each week I look at the top 20 US tours in the paper, and the Stones have yet to be listed a single time since this little mini tour began...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 00:27 by VoodooLounge13.

Re: Tour Statistics??
Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:47

VoodooLounge13
Do we know how the tour is doing, or do they typically not release this info until well after the tour is over? I ask because each week I look at the top 20 US tours in the paper, and the Stones have yet to be listed a single time since this little mini tour began...

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 14:55

Thank you sir! Surprised that each show is a sell out. Do they appear that way to those who have gone?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:01

VoodooLounge13
Thank you sir! Surprised that each show is a sell out. Do they appear that way to those who have gone?

Toronto 1 sure looked it. That said, most tickets were sold at the $250 price point, and there were big losses in the resale market.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:29

How would you get a $600 seat for $250? Are they dropping the face value that much on the day of the show? Is this a fact?

Date: June 5, 2013 19:00

mickschix
How would you get a $600 seat for $250? Are they dropping the face value that much on the day of the show? Is this a fact?

Not the day of the show, but after the initial sale. Take a look at the Boston Ticketmaster page. If you order 2 tickets @ $250, you will be offered first level opposite the stage. That's probably a fair price for seats that far from the stage - certainly not a "bargain". But, I'm pretty sure that those seats were originally priced at $450 or even $600.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 19:00 by drbryant.

Date: June 5, 2013 19:20

I just bought a ticket from TICKETMASTER for Boston, got Loge 21 row 4 but I paid full price.....do I stand a chance of getting a bit refunded if I call and BITCH!?

Date: June 5, 2013 19:21

Oh, I see, you had to buy 2 at the $250 price point....

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: June 5, 2013 20:34

mickschix
I just bought a ticket from TICKETMASTER for Boston, got Loge 21 row 4 but I paid full price.....do I stand a chance of getting a bit refunded if I call and BITCH!?

No, those are premium seats, they will not drop those prices. I picked up Club 113 seats for 250.00 about a week ago when there was a flex pricing drop. These were originally 600.00 seats.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:46

Wow. That chart shows they got over $500 a ticket in London but only appx $350 at Staples in LA.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: June 5, 2013 22:52

These ticket sales will be always a mystery and no one will give you exact Details. What count's for me most is the realy joy of These guys being on stage and deliver the best concerts in row for decades.

I totally agree that the Price range for was totally wrong from the beginning. However the 85$ Tickets seemed generous and you could be lucky.
I find it also ok if you would ensure a very good seat or front pit that you have to go for the big bucks.
But I know that there are thousands of oppinions and a lot more whiners who blame everybody else then themselves.
There are always fans to every Band or Musicians who admire their/his/her Music but simply can't afford to go. Is it fair? Is life fair to everybody?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:01

flacnvinyl
It's true. The Stones have permanently damaged their reputation among both hardcore fans and hotrocks fans.

Well, then you scare the audience / fans away and a good excuse not to continue the tour. Hyde Park 13/7 - last show it will be.

Date: June 5, 2013 23:26

mickschix

I would demand one. Actually, I think this worth a new thread about. If you can prove that your section has gone down in price, supposedly TM will/must refund the difference within a week of the show date (or something like that.) Or, ask to be moved to a better section in your price range. That's what I did for Las Vegas when I saw that TM was selling lower bowl for $250- down from $750(!) My $250 originally was up very high section #216, extreme Keith's side, but the TM rep in Texas very kindly moved me down to #6, still Keith's side, but kinda far back. It was much better to be able to see the screens!

Posted by: Tbdster ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:29

Just grabbed a single in loge 4 towards the back of the section for $150 plus fees. Boston Friday night.

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:10

mtaylor
flacnvinyl
It's true. The Stones have permanently damaged their reputation among both hardcore fans and hotrocks fans.

Well, then you scare the audience / fans away and a good excuse not to continue the tour. Hyde Park 13/7 - last show it will be.

By this time, there ought to be some word one way or another on this being the end of the line, or, a revised pricing scheme beyond the "Thousands" of $85 Tickets mantra,...

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: leonamccauley ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:44

The truth is, they're going to keep selling them at this price point as long as we keep buying them! That being said, the only expensive recreational activities I participate in are this and a Red Sox season pass, so I really can't complain. If you're going to splurge, why not do it on your favorite band and team, right? I just check the Massachusetts Sports Office website to find out about local events.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:59

This tour is just plain bittersweet...

They are on tour!! Prices are insane.
Band sounds great... plays same 19 songs every night in same order.

If it weren't for the $85 tickets, I wouldn't have seen them this tour. $1200 for a pair of tickets to a concert... $10 a minute..

@leonamccauley - You are right about spending it on what you care about. And I am thrilled to say that the Stones got roughly $400 from us (two 85s, two gigs) and the city of Chicago and various restaurants got the remaining $1600. I had a blast with my wife, and it was difficult trip. Difficult for me to walk away from my business for a week, and very difficult to spend that amount of money currently.

Obummer hasn't helped us entrepreneurs. Jagger fleecing fans hasn't helped either.

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: June 29, 2013 16:24

No, the truth is that they're not selling them at their high price points which is why it's become an effort of recouping through the mantra of "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!

It's not about splurging — it's about fleecing.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

leonamccauley
The truth is, they're going to keep selling them at this price point as long as we keep buying them! That being said, the only expensive recreational activities I participate in are this and a Red Sox season pass, so I really can't complain. If you're going to splurge, why not do it on your favorite band and team, right? I just check the Massachusetts Sports Office website to find out about local events.

Posted by: Maura94 ()
Date: April 20, 2015 16:13

I'm more annoyed that people from the East coast have to travel far which involves either really long drive or plane tickets plus hotels. Would rather pay high price for ticket and see them at Madison Square Garden which is where I saw them 40 years ago and many times after. If they had shows in NY, Chicago, LA and Boston people wouldn't think twice about the ticket prices. At the moment going to Nashville and trying to decide if I want to drive to Raleigh or fly to Detroit.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 20, 2015 16:19

Same rant(-s), different tours...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 20, 2015 16:28

drbryant
The pit is always less than "full". They sell it that way because of the prices you pay.

Yes, it is usually that way and it is nice when one has a bit of space around him. But I have been to some concerts where it seemed they sold more FOS tickets than the FOS was able to accomodate. To be sqeezed in the FOS after you payed quite a lot of money is not a nice experience.

I remember that in 2012 a lot of people were truly outraged about one Springsteen concert, I think it was in Frankfurt, if I am not mistaken. Or was it Cologne? The FOS strategy was a disaster there. What happened was that they were selling FOS tickets and GA tickets as usual. Only inside the venue people found out, that there were 2 FOS sections (which was not advertised), the second reaching into the half of the football stadium. When the first pit filled up, people with the same tickets ended up in the secon one - in the middle of the stadium. And I actually read that some people with the FOS tickets were not even let into the 2. FOS and ended up in the GA sector in the second half of the stadium.

I went to see Bruce a couple of days later in Berlin and was rather worried, but there was absolutely no problem there, there was one resonably sized pit and I ended up really close :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 20:41 by Happy24.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:29

I may say something that may offend some people, but I will say it anyway. Tickets that are 400 or 600 dollars each are in fact expensive, but they are worth it. The Stones really are the greatest rock and roll band in the world. The Stones, with all their talent and longevity, should not be criticized for demanding high ticket prices.

I am by no means a wealthy man, but I did not begrudge paying over 800 dollars for two tickets in Ohio Stadium, near Keith. But that is all I am going to pay. I love the Stones but I am neither a millionaire or a fanatic.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:52

Tickets will sell. Prices will be adjusted over Time for Tickets to ultimately sell.

Date: April 20, 2015 21:21

Not sure why people are saying tickets are not selling?

I checked several cities and yes there are seats left but not many. If you go and check at each price level most of the better seats are gone.

Date: April 20, 2015 21:43

jumpontopofmebaby
Not sure why people are saying tickets are not selling?

I checked several cities and yes there are seats left but not many. If you go and check at each price level most of the better seats are gone.

This thread is from 2013.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 21, 2015 05:53

MILWAUKEE WILL BE THE ONLY REAL SELL-OUT.

THERE WILL BE $20 TICKETS OUTSIDE EVERY OTHER VENUE.

THIS TOUR HAD THE WORST PLANNING IN MODERN HISTORY.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home