Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 30
Re: May 3rd, 2013 - A dream turns to a nightmare
Date: May 4, 2013 04:27

benroyblenkle
THIS IS NOT A SAD BITTER TOUR

JUST SAD BITTER FANS WHO DIDN'T PLAN AHEAD

SOON AS BIGGER BANG TOUR ENDED I STARTED SAVING A BIT HERE AND THERE IN MY

ROLLING STONES PIGGY BANK BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANNA BE BROKE WHEN ANOTHER TOUR ROLLED AROUND

AND HERE IT IS AND YEP I HAVE MY TICKETS AND ILL BE THERE

HAPPY AS A @#$%& ON MAY 20TH AT STAPLES

STOP YOUR SOBBING PEOPLE

NEVER HEARD OF BEING PROACTIVE??????

I did the same thing only they snubbed my town this time around. Now I have all this money, for the summer movie season, I guess.

Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 4, 2013 05:29

I just went on a couple of the scalper sites and there are almost no tickets left. I think the seats will be full. Three or four hours ago there were a lot of tickets looks like a lot of last minute sales. Man I NEED a life what a thing to be doing on a Friday night! smiling smiley

Date: May 4, 2013 05:36

slew
I just went on a couple of the scalper sites and there are almost no tickets left. I think the seats will be full. Three or four hours ago there were a lot of tickets looks like a lot of last minute sales. Man I NEED a life what a thing to be doing on a Friday night! smiling smiley

I would be interested in knowing what the average cost of a ticket ultimately turned out to be. A whole lot lower than had been speculated I suspect. Looks like maybe the Stones and the promoters have found a formula that ultimately sees the tickets fall into the hands of the deserving at a reasonable cost.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: May 4, 2013 05:55

Doxa
FrankM
Holy moly. If some people here added up all the time they spent whining and griping about ticket prices they could spend that time working a part time job and could afford plenty of tickets. Problem solved.

Wow! I'd like to give you a medal for a perfect Rolling Stones fan AD 2013. I always wonder what sort of people Jagger has in his mind when he is doing his business decisions, but at least now I have a sort of idea... I congratatulate you... ain't it good to be you, and with your values, in the times like of these?

- Doxa

Lol, so Doxa is on the prowl tonight I see. FrankM makes a valid statement, no need to be above yourself, or is there? Hopefully your evening gets better.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:23

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:37

Yep.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:39

RSbestbandever
Doxa
FrankM
Holy moly. If some people here added up all the time they spent whining and griping about ticket prices they could spend that time working a part time job and could afford plenty of tickets. Problem solved.

Wow! I'd like to give you a medal for a perfect Rolling Stones fan AD 2013. I always wonder what sort of people Jagger has in his mind when he is doing his business decisions, but at least now I have a sort of idea... I congratatulate you... ain't it good to be you, and with your values, in the times like of these?

- Doxa

Yep

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:10

So how did they get rid of all the unsold tickets?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:19

OneHit

they gave tickets to anyone who showed up at staples with an ID... check out the $85 experience thread...

Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:22

OneHit.....they were already sold... dont listen to all crappers on here....IT WAS AN AMAZING SHOW!!! Pack house...as they all will be.....dont miss this show.....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:28

sonomastone
OneHit

they gave tickets to anyone who showed up at staples with an ID... check out the $85 experience thread...

What ? They gave away tickets ?!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:25

Of course they gave away tickets. The Stones price is roughly 100 USD. Well below U2 or Coldplay. AEG has surely booked a huge reserve in its accounts. That means also that more tour is in real jeopardize. They are not more bankable. What a disaster. Keith do not care. But Mick !!! No promoters would want in the future to put a dime on them. I will go to Hyde Park and enjoy it as the last time I will be able to watch them. Sad farewell. " 50 and Counting Money".

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:57

EG1964
OneHit.....they were already sold... dont listen to all crappers on here....IT WAS AN AMAZING SHOW!!! Pack house...as they all will be.....dont miss this show.....

Actually it was far from packed, Bluzdude confirmed as much.
As for the show, from what I've seen and heard from the clips, I'll be diplomatic and say it's nice to see them onstage again. But hey, glad you had a good time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 14:05 by andrewt.

Date: May 4, 2013 14:03

RSbestbandever
Doxa
FrankM

- Doxa

Lol, so Doxa is on the prowl tonight I see. FrankM makes a valid statement, no need to be above yourself, or is there? Hopefully your evening gets better.

Frank M's statement comes off as ignorant. Doxa may be laying on the sarcasm a little heavy but his message is bang on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 14:04 by andrewt.

Date: May 4, 2013 14:11

claudine

Pretty much nails it. Quite sad that the only media coverage is on Business channels and there's no buzz on the music channels.

Date: May 4, 2013 14:13

stonehearted
andrewt
3 of the 77 news items today about the tour opener, all focused only on the prices.

[santacruz.patch.com]

[www.entertainmentwise.com]

[www.gigwise.com]

Heh-heh, journos these days....(from the entertainmentwise link):

Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Bill Wyman will begin the North American leg of their latest tour

Ha! Nice catch

Date: May 4, 2013 14:15

benroyblenkle

ROLLING STONES PIGGY BANK BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANNA BE BROKE WHEN ANOTHER TOUR ROLLED AROUND

STOP YOUR SOBBING PEOPLE

If you up the point size and make the letters red I've think you've got a winner on your hands.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:32

[www.latimes.com]

Maybe the Rolling Stones were inspired by their recent cheap Echo Park club gig. Or maybe even their longtime fans have an upper limit on what they can pay for a show these days.

Ahead of the band's Staples Center "50 and Counting" show Friday night, the promoter AEG announced that a new block of more than 1,000 $85 seats (some of the cheapest on offer) will be made available for last-minute purchase.

AEG told Reuters that the price cut came after a final walk-through of the stage design revealed that more unobstructed seats were available than previously thought.

But fans looking for a last-minute Stones ticket might be surprised that the set from the oft-declared "biggest rock band in the world" is, well, not at all sold out.

As of Thursday, a lot of seats were still available in the $250-$600 range - exactly the high-rolling sections that gave the Stones their past eye-popping ticket grosses. The band grossed $550 million on their last tour in 2005-07, with more than 144 dates.

The new $85 seats will be placed, according to AEG, all around the arena, including in the prime "tongue pit" spot near the stage.

Earlier this week, music-biz spitballer Bob Lefsetz published a scathing take on the Stones' undersold tour, saying "It's a disaster" and detailing the many prime seating options still available a week before the show. "The bloom is off the rose, there's no story, people just don't care."

It's hard to imagine the Stones - famous for triple-digit concert tickets and elaborate tax-avoidance plans - are suddenly offering a whole batch of cheap seats out of a burst of empathy for working-class fans.

But if you got left behind at the El Rey and didn't want to sell your plasma to make it to Staples, now you might have some options - even if it comes with a small side of humble pie for Jagger and Co.

A bad excuse

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:15

If the tickets were sold at a cheaper price the scalpers and secondary market would make lot of money selling back lot of tickets at an increased price. That isn't fair either. I believe with that tour the scalpers are not making money which is good.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:24

Whether the shows are sold out or not is irrelevant, those who want to see them will go and those who don;t won't. THose who go to the shows will all say it was amazing and those who don;t will moan about ticket prices. Of course we would all like the tickets to be £55 but then there would be the nightmare of fans not being able to go due to demand - like the old days.

THis is likely to be the last tour and so it's a case of how much you are prepared to pay to say cheerio to the boys. Had I not already had a Glastonbury ticket I would have happily gone to Hyde Park and paid what was needed, it would have been the only show I could have afforded to go to and would have been a struggle to pay for travel, accommodation and tickets but hey, no one is forcing us to turn up. In ten years we would all be happy to pay whatever to see them, but alas, the wheels will have stopped turning and the liklihood is that 2 or three of the band will be playing harps in heaven by then. At least the scalpers got scalped for once which is always good to hear.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 4, 2013 17:03

True, you don't have to go, but if you go there's a concern that it might not be terribly enjoyable to view a show with twenty empty seats around you...looking forward to BluzDude's feeddback on that.

andrewt
claudine

Pretty much nails it. Quite sad that the only media coverage is on Business channels and there's no buzz on the music channels.

Yeah, good report, I finally heard that the Stones do have a potential upside if sales reach a certain amount.

They do make it sound like they came up with the $85 tix at the last minute when they were there from the get go...well at east the original batch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 17:03 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 4, 2013 17:07

crumbling_mice
Whether the shows are sold out or not is irrelevant, those who want to see them will go and those who don;t won't. THose who go to the shows will all say it was amazing and those who don;t will moan about ticket prices. Of course we would all like the tickets to be £55 but then there would be the nightmare of fans not being able to go due to demand - like the old days.

THis is likely to be the last tour and so it's a case of how much you are prepared to pay to say cheerio to the boys. Had I not already had a Glastonbury ticket I would have happily gone to Hyde Park and paid what was needed, it would have been the only show I could have afforded to go to and would have been a struggle to pay for travel, accommodation and tickets but hey, no one is forcing us to turn up. In ten years we would all be happy to pay whatever to see them, but alas, the wheels will have stopped turning and the liklihood is that 2 or three of the band will be playing harps in heaven by then. At least the scalpers got scalped for once which is always good to hear.

As usual, right on target Crumbling Mice. Well said.

Date: May 4, 2013 17:11

andrewt
benroyblenkle

STOP YOUR SOBBING PEOPLE

If you up the point size and make the letters red I've think you've got a winner on your hands.

Now that's more like it, takes a while but you do catch on.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 4, 2013 17:16

people saying it was packed when it clearly was not, what do you get out of that?

Date: May 4, 2013 17:28

melillo
people saying it was packed when it clearly was not, what do you get out of that?

Has the official attendance been released yet?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 4, 2013 17:28

melillo

it does not look like a half-empty hall in my opinion

Date: May 4, 2013 17:32

Agree, from that angle it does look pretty full.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2013 17:33

RSbestbandever
andrewt
benroyblenkle

STOP YOUR SOBBING PEOPLE

NEVER HEARD OF BEING PROACTIVE
??????

Now that's more like it, takes a while but you do catch on.

I think it wouldn't have been too much to just do it rather than criticize.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 4, 2013 17:50

RSbestbandever

that is not the angle it's just the way it was in fact
Staples Center was packed to capacity for the concert, the first of 17 dates the Stones are set to play throughout the United States.[www.washingtonpost.com]
LOS ANGELES, May 4 (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones rocked a packed house in Los Angeles on Friday on the opening night of their North American "50 and Counting" tour

Date: May 4, 2013 18:40

proudmary
RSbestbandever

that is not the angle it's just the way it was in fact
Staples Center was packed to capacity for the concert, the first of 17 dates the Stones are set to play throughout the United States.[www.washingtonpost.com]
LOS ANGELES, May 4 (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones rocked a packed house in Los Angeles on Friday on the opening night of their North American "50 and Counting" tour

Thanks proudmary for the info. It puts to rest the "Staples Center will be half empty" theory, hopefully.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home