Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 30
new article: "Rolling Stones Facing Empty Seats Tonight"
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 3, 2013 20:32

Re: new article: "Rolling Stones Facing Empty Seats Tonight"
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 3, 2013 20:41

Baloney.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:16

No . It is not. The Stones do not rule anymore.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:24

Whoever wrote that has been reading all the threads on this board!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:30

Beast
Whoever wrote that has been reading all the threads on this board!

Or writing some of the threads on this board.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:32

Ah..now I see. phd is just being a sad sack because he's in France and the Stones are not touring Europe...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:41

The Stones have had plenty of non-sell-out shows in tours past. Even the Beatles had plenty of non-sell-out shows. (Even their last concert at Candlestick Park.)

The-Beatles-and-Shea-Stadium = "hysterical Beatlemania."

But consider: (from: [beatlesfan2.99k.org] ) "A little over a year after their first triumphant appearance at New York's Shea Stadium, the Beatles returned for a second time at this momentous venue.

"The concert did not sell out, with 11,000 of the 55,600 tickets still available."

What losers.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:46

and here too:

guardian.co.uk

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:49

sure--they will do concerts in Germany/ Netherlands.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:56

They gotta open the $85 link to Staples soon, or most fans think a lot of spare seats in arena.

I hope that it will get a full house and lots of fans get a good deal.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:58

Jagger seen running around in LA neighborhood distributing tickets....smileys with beer - singing "neighbours".... what a scandal.
Keith ssen in a bar giving free drinks to free attendants.... yawning smiley))

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 3, 2013 22:04

I don't think it will be that big of a deal. The first show I went to was a "disaster". There were 125,000 tickets for sale to see them at Texas Motor Speedway, their only Texas show of the tour, and about 25,000 had been sold by the day of the show. I don't know what they did, but they did something, because the place looked packed to me by the time the show started. They did some rearranging with the seating, what had been a large GA area was turned into reserved seating, which worked for me because when we traded in our GA tickets we got 12th row seats. Many people didn't buy tickets in advance, just went up there the day of the show. And that's the other thing, when there are tons of stories about how tickets aren't selling for a show, people are going to wait and go up there to buy them. Some do it anyway, but when you keep seeing stories about how whoever can't put asses in seats somewhere, you know you can just go up there and buy one from a scalper who is desperate to get some money back. I think in some ways these stories are feeding themselves, and just like Texas Motor Speedway didn't spell the end of the road for The Stones, neither will this. They'll figure something out, they'll bus people in before they let a reporter take a picture of The Stones playing to a half empty house.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 3, 2013 22:28

"Mick Jagger promises to sing entire show in Spanish in last minute bid to boost ticket sales"

( that's true, I just saw that on CNN )

Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Date: May 3, 2013 22:51

Ticketmaster / Partner

Just went there and there are very few sections now wehre 4 tickets together are available.

However this is still a bunch of sections with 2 seat together.

So looks like the pairs of $85 are selling. And it appears they are hit and miss to at least put people in all sections to make it appear more people are there.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 3, 2013 23:58

It won't be a disaster, but I'm still surprised by how poorly this was handled. It's opening night and all the headlines are negative.

I'm beginning to think the band and/or promoters did read this board while planning the tour, since they apparently expected everyone to behave the same way a hardcore fan would.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 4, 2013 00:03

Sorry for re-posting my own posts, but I just realised that there were two threads about this shitty thing Rolling Stones turned into years ago, but which they seem to enjoy, so here's my post from that other thread:

Why should anybody but the "die hard fan" (and who's even proud to be it!) bother to see Rolling Stones anymore?
If the prices were more human, somebody who were just curious could do that. But with these prices, Rolling Stones themselves admit that they have nothing to really show; it's just the memories and "emotions" old fans have of the band that makes them so "big". It's quite sad.

Come to think of it, the ticket-prices of RS *should* have actually been LOWER now compared to 1989, 1994.....not to mention the 70s. They should just be happy there's still people there interested in hearing the same things again and over again.....which is quite unbelievable, actually.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2013 00:11

Erik_Snow
Sorry for re-posting my own posts, but I just realised that there were two threads about this shitty thing Rolling Stones turned into years ago, but which they seem to enjoy, so here's my post from that other thread:

Why should anybody but the "die hard fan" (and who's even proud to be it!) bother to see Rolling Stones anymore?
If the prices were more human, somebody who were just curious could do that. But with these prices, Rolling Stones themselves admit that they have nothing to really show; it's just the memories and "emotions" old fans have of the band that makes them so "big". It's quite sad.

Come to think of it, the ticket-prices of RS *should* have actually been LOWER now compared to 1989, 1994.....not to mention the 70s. They should just be happy there's still people there interested in hearing the same things again and over again.....which is quite unbelievable, actually.

I love rereading your old posts Erik, thanks for thinking of us.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 4, 2013 00:33

I gotta say, even with the whinging... I love most of the posters on this board grinning smiley Keep 'em comin' folks! Can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow!!!!

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 4, 2013 02:39

Have Keith ever played "This place is empty" before?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 03:10

Once, but no one was there so it doesn't count.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 03:17

andrewt
Once, but no one was there so it doesn't count.

The Stones always do the best when the chips are down. I bet they blow the roof off tonight.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 03:52

3 of the 77 news items today about the tour opener, all focused only on the prices.

[santacruz.patch.com]

[www.entertainmentwise.com]

[www.gigwise.com]

May 3rd, 2013 - A dream turns to a nightmare
Date: May 3, 2013 20:59

I have been following this band since 1964. Every tour has been driven excitment in the musical world. The Stones each time won their challenge. Remember Boston in 2006. This time I feel sad and bitter. What I read is only about overpriced tickets, arena half full. Nothing about music, not a single world written on this. How will be Keith ? Will Mick be able to demonstate that he is still the greatest frontman ? Wow Mick Taylor is there ? NO, nothing about this. Only money. A lot of people here shouted for arenas. Now they shout out that the ticketes price are too high ( which they are). We should have been happy after the great shows at O2. No. Everyone is wondering : empty, half empty. Lessons come from London. Decent prices and they fill 2 Hyde Park instantly. I feel sad and bitter.

Re: May 3rd, 2013 - A dream turns to a nightmare
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:18

Is that you Mick J? Goodluck for tonight! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:22

Can't enjoy the music if we can't afford the tickets! Sad
For everyone. .

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:25

phd
I have been following this band since 1964. Every tour has been driven excitment in the musical world. The Stones each time won their challenge. Remember Boston in 2006. This time I feel sad and bitter. What I read is only about overpriced tickets, arena half full. Nothing about music, not a single world written on this. How will be Keith ? Will Mick be able to demonstate that he is still the greatest frontman ? Wow Mick Taylor is there ? NO, nothing about this. Only money. A lot of people here shouted for arenas. Now they shout out that the ticketes price are too high ( which they are). We should have been happy after the great shows at O2. No. Everyone is wondering : empty, half empty. Lessons come from London. Decent prices and they fill 2 Hyde Park instantly. I feel sad and bitter.

Please cheer up.

It's gonna be a great tour.

I haven't got tix for any ,but it's gonna be great. winking smiley

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:27

Holy moly. If some people here added up all the time they spent whining and griping about ticket prices they could spend that time working a part time job and could afford plenty of tickets. Problem solved.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: May 3, 2013 21:27

We want Stadiums and not music for very, very happy few who are so full of USD that they can't shout and dance anymore. We have to be aware that in the half full arenas, only one or two hundreds know about Stones music. Sad tour.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 3, 2013 21:31

oh get over yourself, suck it up, put $85 on the credit card and have fun one more time.

Date: May 3, 2013 21:34

I have never been a whiner. I just feel very sad for what is happening to the Greatest Rock Band. I have been to O2 and really feel they were great. If Mick prefers to play in front of half arena, it's his choice. But the wrong one for his legacy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home