Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 27 of 30
Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 9, 2013 01:46

Stubhub has been advertising Stones tickets very aggressively on the local classic rock radio station in the past few days. I don't think I've ever heard radio ads for them before, so I'm guessing this is a pretty dire situation regarding ticket sales.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 9, 2013 02:00

Anyone bought those Hyde Park £12,700 tickets yet?

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 9, 2013 02:05

SomeTorontoGirl
Stubhub has been advertising Stones tickets very aggressively on the local classic rock radio station in the past few days. I don't think I've ever heard radio ads for them before, so I'm guessing this is a pretty dire situation regarding ticket sales.

They air radio ads all the time in boston for Stub hub in general. I am not sure if I have ever herd them advertise for one specific concert.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 9, 2013 03:44

andrewt
Keith in the latest Rolling Stone interview:

"From my point of view, it's like this: We say we want to put a Stones tour together and people come to us with proposals. And these proposals are all basically the same."

"We actually did push down the prices a little bit. We took the lower offer, in other words. But, um, it's the price of the market. I don't really know. I don't have much to do with it other than I would like people to get in, to be able to afford to get in, without sort of starving their babies and all. And that's about it."

Don't worry, we're on it, Keith.

Keith has come a long way from "You can keep the money, pal!!".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 03:45 by bleedingman.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 9, 2013 06:08

Stoneage
Anyone bought those Hyde Park £12,700 tickets yet?

grinning smiley

How ridiculous ... !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 9, 2013 08:40

Out of interest I just searched for a VEGAS ticket, somewhat amazed to be offered a seat as good as this in the lower level after all this time and this close to the date. Guess they really aren't selling that well ......... unless it's dear old Ticketmaster pulling their usual trick of selling crap first and leaving better stuff till late in the day ?

Section 15
Row D
Seats 5

Description Price Level 1
Lower Level Reserved Seating
Type Adult Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price US $780.15 x 1
Price Details Close
Price Details
Ticket Price US $750.00 x 1 Convenience Charge US $30.15 x 1

SUBTOTAL*US $780.15

Mind you, that's £500 ticket, £100 more than the most expensive seat at the O2 last year. Yowch ... and yowch again !

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:12

paulywaul
Out of interest I just searched for a VEGAS ticket, somewhat amazed to be offered a seat as good as this in the lower level after all this time and this close to the date. Guess they really aren't selling that well ......... unless it's dear old Ticketmaster pulling their usual trick of selling crap first and leaving better stuff till late in the day ?

Section 15
Row D
Seats 5

Description Price Level 1
Lower Level Reserved Seating
Ticket Price US $780.15 x 1
Price Details Close
Price Details
Ticket Price US $750.00 x 1 Convenience Charge US $30.15 x 1

SUBTOTAL*US $780.15

Mind you, that's £500 ticket, £100 more than the most expensive seat at the O2 last year. Yowch ... and yowch again !

We got two tickets in Section 4 earlier today for $560 total.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:56

Well, after a bit of hassling, I got Ticketmaster to move me from Toronto L3 Row 10 (effectively 21 rows back, the 3 in L1 plus 8 in L2 plus 10 in L3) to R2 Row 7, exactly where I wanted to be.....amazing what you can do if you keep at it. The Ticketmaster US/Canada people are a damn sight more helpful than I've ever found in the U.K. 2 weeks tonight and I'll be in the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.....can't wait. Then the 2 in Hyde Park to meet up with everyone for the end of all endings !!!!!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: May 10, 2013 06:32

chriseganstar
Well, after a bit of hassling, I got Ticketmaster to move me from Toronto L3 Row 10 (effectively 21 rows back, the 3 in L1 plus 8 in L2 plus 10 in L3) to R2 Row 7, exactly where I wanted to be.....amazing what you can do if you keep at it. The Ticketmaster US/Canada people are a damn sight more helpful than I've ever found in the U.K. 2 weeks tonight and I'll be in the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.....can't wait. Then the 2 in Hyde Park to meet up with everyone for the end of all endings !!!!!

What are these "L's" you're on about, can't see any "L's" on the seating chart on the Ticketmaster page for this show, completely fail to follow you .... ?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:51

paulywaul
chriseganstar

What are these "L's" you're on about, can't see any "L's" on the seating chart on the Ticketmaster page for this show, completely fail to follow you .... ?
That was exactly the problem....the Ticketmaster floor plan doesn't show what block is which, and I bought an L3 Row 10 in the Voodoo pre-sale thinking I was 10 rows from the front. I then checked the StubHub seating chart and realised that the 2 small blocks of 3 rows either side of the tongue are L1 and R1, then you have blocks L2, L3 and L4 (R2, R3 & R4) behind each of them, with C1 right in front of stage, C2, C3 and C4 behind it.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: May 10, 2013 14:42

I will be flying in from another State to see the June 12th Boston show which I bought full price $625.00 tickets for. After suffering through the total disregard for anything resembling fairness and seeing tickets much closer to the stage than mine being sold weeks after I bought my tickets. I am still a fan and decided that if I could score a pair of $85.00 tickets I would stay in Boston for the June 14th show. Now I read on the Stones web site that if I sign up for a chance to get $85.00 tickets I will be notified the day of the show if I get them. I am not about to hang around Boston for 2 days without knowing if I am getting tickets or not. I have been going to Stones concerts since 1972 and have traveled all over the US and to London to see them. I have now come to the sad conclusion that Boston will be my last show. To make matters worse I fear during that show I will have to listen to Emotional Rescue, Doom and Gloom, and One More Shot.
The End!

Date: May 10, 2013 14:46

chriseganstar
paulywaul
chriseganstar

That was exactly the problem....the Ticketmaster floor plan doesn't show what block is which, and I bought an L3 Row 10 in the Voodoo pre-sale thinking I was 10 rows from the front. I then checked the StubHub seating chart and realised that the 2 small blocks of 3 rows either side of the tongue are L1 and R1, then you have blocks L2, L3 and L4 (R2, R3 & R4) behind each of them, with C1 right in front of stage, C2, C3 and C4 behind it.

OK, I see what you mean now after looking at the STUBHUB seating chart, which is much more detailed than the TICKETMASTER one (there's a surprise that TM should exhibit a shite seating chart - huh ?).

Well done YOU - for perseverance !!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:00

lougio
To make matters worse I fear during that show I will have to listen to Emotional Rescue, Doom and Gloom, and One More Shot.

Trust me : it's the best part of the show since they were not played before.

By this I mean we cannot compare the 2013 renditions of these tunes to ones from previous tours. So there's no "ouch" factor.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 15:01 by dcba.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: May 10, 2013 16:08

lougio... I also hope that they drop Emotional Rescue. Nice that they're playing a song they've never played before, but it is such a bad song.

If I had to guess, I'd say it doesn't make it to the East Coast. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 16:10

Emotional Rescue is great. I hope they'll play it more. Beautiful groove.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 16:11 by 1962.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: May 11, 2013 03:33

Chriseganstar, Thanks for the tip. I just called Ticketmaster and they moved me closer to the stage and lower than I was with almost no hassle. They were actually really nice about it. If I must listen to Emotional Rescue at least it will be from a great seat!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 11, 2013 04:22

lougio
I will be flying in from another State to see the June 12th Boston show which I bought full price $625.00 tickets for. After suffering through the total disregard for anything resembling fairness and seeing tickets much closer to the stage than mine being sold weeks after I bought my tickets. I am still a fan and decided that if I could score a pair of $85.00 tickets I would stay in Boston for the June 14th show. Now I read on the Stones web site that if I sign up for a chance to get $85.00 tickets I will be notified the day of the show if I get them. I am not about to hang around Boston for 2 days without knowing if I am getting tickets or not. I have been going to Stones concerts since 1972 and have traveled all over the US and to London to see them. I have now come to the sad conclusion that Boston will be my last show. To make matters worse I fear during that show I will have to listen to Emotional Rescue, Doom and Gloom, and One More Shot.
The End!

Has anyone signed up for the 85 dollar tix and not got them?

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 11, 2013 07:57

Just another vote for ER! I love it & hope they play it in Anaheim. Anyway...They're playing radio ads in S Cal too and they're terrible! Sounds like they're being read by an undertaker straight off a sheet in a monotone voice. I know that would make ME jump up/buy tix! grinning smiley

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Date: May 12, 2013 17:23

Scathing editorial today in the Maine Sunday Telegram

[www.pressherald.com]

excerpt:
When the Stones announced they would be touring the States in celebration of their 50th anniversary, I was excited -- especially when I heard that my all-time favorite Stones guitarist, Mick Taylor, was going to be joining them on the road for the first time since 1973.

But then the ticket prices for Boston were announced: $165 for nose-bleed, $472 for decent seats, and $625 for front of the house. Oh, and for $2,000, you can buy VIP seats that include a buffet and a tour program, but no meet-and-greets with the band.

My excitement was replaced by sadness, then resignation, then anger. And this time, I decided, I wasn't going to give more money to the Glimmer Twins. I'm not even sure I'm going to buy anything by the band anymore, if this is how little it thinks of its fans.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one, because none of the Stones' shows on their U.S. tour are sold out. In fact, they're not even half-sold in many cases.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: May 12, 2013 17:47

andrewt
Scathing editorial today in the Maine Sunday Telegram

[www.pressherald.com]

excerpt:
When the Stones announced they would be touring the States in celebration of their 50th anniversary, I was excited -- especially when I heard that my all-time favorite Stones guitarist, Mick Taylor, was going to be joining them on the road for the first time since 1973.

But then the ticket prices for Boston were announced: $165 for nose-bleed, $472 for decent seats, and $625 for front of the house. Oh, and for $2,000, you can buy VIP seats that include a buffet and a tour program, but no meet-and-greets with the band.

My excitement was replaced by sadness, then resignation, then anger. And this time, I decided, I wasn't going to give more money to the Glimmer Twins. I'm not even sure I'm going to buy anything by the band anymore, if this is how little it thinks of its fans.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one, because none of the Stones' shows on their U.S. tour are sold out. In fact, they're not even half-sold in many cases.

None of the Stones shows are sold out? Where did get that from.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 12, 2013 18:24

<<None of the Stones shows are sold out? Where did get that from.>>

Here maybe:

[www.rollingstones.com]

According to that, the only things sold out are $85 tickets and Hyde Park x 2 (plus Glastonbury, which doesn't count as it was sold out before the headline acts were announced).

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 12, 2013 20:48

It's true. The Stones have permanently damaged their reputation among both hardcore fans and hotrocks fans.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 12, 2013 21:10

flacnvinyl
It's true. The Stones have permanently damaged their reputation among both hardcore fans and hotrocks fans.
Well I guess they have no future then.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 12, 2013 21:45

The LA show was practically sold out - I know because I bought tix at the box office. However, literally thousands of seats were sold for $85 at the last minute. I expect that pattern will continue. They should have just priced the tickets better - $1500 for the pit seems to sell; $625 for front floors and risers close to the stage is expensive, but people will pay. The rest of the arena should have been priced from $125 - $275, and every show would have sold out.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 12, 2013 21:47

lougio
Chriseganstar, Thanks for the tip. I just called Ticketmaster and they moved me closer to the stage and lower than I was with almost no hassle. They were actually really nice about it. If I must listen to Emotional Rescue at least it will be from a great seat!

Good for you - as I've said before, I'm pretty sure it's a ticket master policy to upgrade seats where available if requested prior to a week before the show.

Enjoy the show.

Date: May 13, 2013 00:08

drbryant
The LA show was practically sold out - I know because I bought tix at the box office. However, literally thousands of seats were sold for $85 at the last minute. I expect that pattern will continue. They should have just priced the tickets better - $1500 for the pit seems to sell; $625 for front floors and risers close to the stage is expensive, but people will pay. The rest of the arena should have been priced from $125 - $275, and every show would have sold out.

Put in Vegas was 1/2 full according to reports on this site from folks at the show. San Jose same thing.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:12

Really? That's not the impression I got from reading the reports or the vids/pictures ? 1/2 full would be very noticeable I would think!

Date: May 13, 2013 02:26

There was mention of it in the Vegas thread but this report from Sweetcharmedlife on RO was telling:
Dreams come true people. I started off fully prepared to skip this tour after the dates and ticket prices were announced. Got some pressure from some friends who'd never seen them to get in on the Citicard pre-sale for Oakland. Ok,fine. Then they announced the $85 special. Well that's an interesting concept. So got a pair for San Jose. Oakland was fun and nice. Went with a bunch of people who had not seen them before. So tonight I go with my concert vet buddy. We get to San Jose about 8. Fully prepared to have nosebleeds after a friend of mine who was already in said that's where they were. So we walk up to the special will call table. Walk right up. No waiting. Show my ID. They hand me an envelope. I give the envelope to my buddy because I couldn't handle the pressure of knowing where our tickets were. Before he can open them. They ask for them back. I'm like no, you can't take our upgrade away and give us NB's. They tell us to follow some guy over to the side and he tells us the tickets are bogus and because of it we'll be upgraded to the pit. Unbelieveable. The arena looked pretty full. But the pit was only 1/2 to 3/4 full. We moved around at will in the back. Good show. Much improved setlist. Got NO EXPECTATIONS. Almost cried.............Sometimes karma doesn't suck.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:46

Yeah I saw that but he was talking about the pit specifically and oddly enough it seemed fuller on the vids/pictures in San Jose than it did at Staples...a full pit is never going to be packed anyway, for security reasons I suppose and also because most people in there have paid $1500 so you can't decently pack them like sardines ;-)

It does seem to me that the only really problematic show so far has been Staples with the two extra rounds of $85 tix, but that's probably because it was the first show (not much lead time) and of the rescheduling. For the next shows they had time to introduce "flex scheduling" so the lack of extra $85 rounds may not be a decisive indicator...still they're certainly not playing to empty looking places so that's good for those attending and for fans in general. While the pricing is crazy, no fan wants to see their band look pathetic...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 03:12 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 13, 2013 03:31

There's certainly no tumbleweeds but there's definitely plenty of elbow room. I also suspect a lot of those warm bodies are not exactly pumped to be there but went because it was comped. I certainly hope the people from the board who are going find themselves in a good pocket of enthusiastic fans.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 27 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home