Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 29 of 30
Re: High Priced Tickets not Selling
Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 21, 2015 07:36

"THERE WILL BE $20 TICKETS OUTSIDE EVERY OTHER VENUE."

I knew I shouldn't have tried for those damned-expensive Lucky Dips!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 11:49 by Snoopy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 21, 2015 11:47

DREAMTIME
MILWAUKEE WILL BE THE ONLY REAL SELL-OUT.

THERE WILL BE $20 TICKETS OUTSIDE EVERY OTHER VENUE.

THIS TOUR HAD THE WORST PLANNING IN MODERN HISTORY.

I don't know if I've been to as many shows as this Dreamtime (didn't I leave a ticket for you at the Westin Times Square many years ago?), but based on my experience, I am convinced that San Diego is basically sold out.

The other shows are not sold out, but ticket sales actually seem better than in 2013, when they were playing arenas

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 21, 2015 12:08

flilflam
I may say something that may offend some people, but I will say it anyway. Tickets that are 400 or 600 dollars each are in fact expensive, but they are worth it. The Stones really are the greatest rock and roll band in the world. The Stones, with all their talent and longevity, should not be criticized for demanding high ticket prices.

I am by no means a wealthy man, but I did not begrudge paying over 800 dollars for two tickets in Ohio Stadium, near Keith. But that is all I am going to pay. I love the Stones but I am neither a millionaire or a fanatic.

What is sad is that there are working class people who follow the band since the beginning, spend a lot of time and money on rock music and now that the RS are super wealthy they just can't make tickets prices more affordable. Plus for what do you pay, exactly? A crap stadium seat, watching screens, crap stage, crap sound and bad guitar playing. It's more expensive than opera.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 21, 2015 14:19

Just because Ticketmaster shows seats not available does not mean they are sold.

They release tickets in phases so they can try to sell the expensive seats first.

IMHO they will drop seats all the way until show day and if past experience is any indicator you will be able to walk up to the box office day of show and buy primo seats. This had been the norm for every tour I attended since 40 Licks

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 21, 2015 16:21

oldschool
Just because Ticketmaster shows seats not available does not mean they are sold.

They release tickets in phases so they can try to sell the expensive seats first.

IMHO they will drop seats all the way until show day and if past experience is any indicator you will be able to walk up to the box office day of show and buy primo seats. This had been the norm for every tour I attended since 40 Licks
This is correct. Soon as the VIP packages won't sell they will release those seats at normal ticket prices first and if you're lucky lower even those prices.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 21, 2015 16:30

San Diego is not sold out. They have held a significant amount of tickets back as "platinum" tickets. Every day I search platinum ticket options and I find many of the same tickets available for purchase.

Basically, if you want to spend $2,000 to $3,000 for A4 to A6, you have no problem scoring tickets. This inventory does not appear to be moving. Even crazier, they are attempting to sell platinum tickets in the upper levels for several hundred dollars. This is a game the promoter is playing to cover the guarantee.

This show is not sold out.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 21, 2015 16:46

There were pit tickets and great seats dropping right up until a few days before most shows on the Oz tour, and those shows were instant sell outs- a very hot ticket down here.
It's the ultra expensive VIP tix that don't sell always turn up in the general sale.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 21, 2015 20:52

anybody think that more LD tix will be released for San Diego?

plexi

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:01

SAN DIEGO SHOULD END UP A SELL-OUT.
NO MORE LD'S COMING

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:08

drbryant
DREAMTIME

I don't know if I've been to as many shows as this Dreamtime (didn't I leave a ticket for you at the Westin Times Square many years ago?), but based on my experience, I am convinced that San Diego is basically sold out.

The other shows are not sold out, but ticket sales actually seem better than in 2013, when they were playing arenas

YES YOU DID! I believe it was for Paul McCartney? YES, San Diego is basically sold out except for some 'cheap' seats. Atlanta is almost sold out of their 'cheap' seats. That's it. Everywhere else wide open. For this tour they picked the wrong locations/venues/pricing/name/set-list/promotion! The only thing that will save this tour will be the 3 nights at Forest Hills after the '15'.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:14

Juicy Joyce knows it all

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:14

StonesSoCal
San Diego is not sold out. They have held a significant amount of tickets back as "platinum" tickets. Every day I search platinum ticket options and I find many of the same tickets available for purchase.

Basically, if you want to spend $2,000 to $3,000 for A4 to A6, you have no problem scoring tickets. This inventory does not appear to be moving. Even crazier, they are attempting to sell platinum tickets in the upper levels for several hundred dollars. This is a game the promoter is playing to cover the guarantee.

I am aware of the "platinum tickets" and think that the prices being charged are dispicable. Yes, those are still on sale, but the inventory appears to be very limited. I think that the show is basically sold out - secondary market ticket sales are very brisk for San Diego (the only show that is really selling).

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:18

Lots of games played by promoters. I pretty much agree with drbryant. If all seats went on sale at the normal 4 level price ranges, SD would have sold out almost right away. I now a number of people who have been shut out.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:40

But it's still early in the game so both sides can still play chicken for a while.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:45

DREAMTIME

don't you know that writing in bold, capitals, doesn't mean that you are right?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:56

drbryant
StonesSoCal

I am aware of the "platinum tickets" and think that the prices being charged are dispicable. Yes, those are still on sale, but the inventory appears to be very limited. I think that the show is basically sold out - secondary market ticket sales are very brisk for San Diego (the only show that is really selling).

I think the guarantee is likely covered if all tickets sold at face value. HUGE markups by the primary ticket sellers is borderline criminal. I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 times markups but 10x is truly excessive.

But in the end, they will do whatever it takes to fill all the seats in San Diego since the first show is important to set the bar for all the subsequent shows. Being the only West coast location this will be relatively easy although I secretly hope a bunch of those seats up front go to Lucky Dip ticket holders.

peace

Date: April 21, 2015 22:13

keefed
DREAMTIME

don't you know that writing in bold, capitals, doesn't mean that you are right?

Arlington will sell out. Almost is already.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:39

False.

All ya'll have to do is wait.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 21, 2015 23:00

jumpontopofmebaby

You mean Cowboys stadium? The one with 350,000,000 sets in it? Jerry's World?

If that place is sold out on the day of the show, sold out to the top seats, I will be surprised. That place is too big for a football game, let alone a final four and even more so a concert. There are seats in that place that should not exist. Who in the wild wild west would buy upper upper upper level tickets to a show in a place like that in advance?

I think that place and places like Arrowhead are too big for a concert.
There will people there who will show up that night(maybe early morning for the long hike), get their oxygen bottles, make the long long long trek up to the up up up up upper levels, get to their seats at the top of the world stadium and by the time the show starts and the light and sound hits them, the show will be over for 2 light years... or it could be more, depending on how much gravity affects the time and space in seats up that high... then it becomes an Interstellar issue.

Those up up up up upper deck seats may sell, but probably not too far in advance and they will prolly sell for what they are worth... bout treefiddy or less fiddycents.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 21, 2015 23:37

To all those who believe any of these shows are close to sellouts you are exactly the people the promoters are trying to convince this is true so you panic and buy the expensive tickets now.

Keep an eye out and I think you will most likely find that there will be more ticket drops as we get closer to show dates. I think you will see the "flex pricing" they used last year where they dropped ticket prices on unsold seats the closer they got to show date.

I would also be totally shocked if you could not walk up to the box office and purchase field seats or at least decent lower bowl seat day of show. This has been the case every tour since 40 Licks in my experience.

I have no insider information just basing this on past history.

As the saying goes "Good things come to those who wait" winking smiley

Date: April 21, 2015 23:39

"This has been the case every tour since 40 Licks in my experience."

Indeed.

Date: April 22, 2015 00:08

Leonioid
jumpontopofmebaby

You mean Cowboys stadium? The one with 350,000,000 sets in it? Jerry's World?

If that place is sold out on the day of the show, sold out to the top seats, I will be surprised. That place is too big for a football game, let alone a final four and even more so a concert. There are seats in that place that should not exist. Who in the wild wild west would buy upper upper upper level tickets to a show in a place like that in advance?

I think that place and places like Arrowhead are too big for a concert.
There will people there who will show up that night(maybe early morning for the long hike), get their oxygen bottles, make the long long long trek up to the up up up up upper levels, get to their seats at the top of the world stadium and by the time the show starts and the light and sound hits them, the show will be over for 2 light years... or it could be more, depending on how much gravity affects the time and space in seats up that high... then it becomes an Interstellar issue.

Those up up up up upper deck seats may sell, but probably not too far in advance and they will prolly sell for what they are worth... bout treefiddy or less fiddycents.

Yes Arlington Texas AT&T Stadium - Will be a sell out it is almost there now

Date: April 22, 2015 00:51

I guess we will see...
I say 2-3 days before the show tickets will be available.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: April 22, 2015 01:23

I paid 950.00 a seat in new jersey VIP and they were way high up on the side couldn't even see the screens,i wish I would've paid more attention to comments on here about waiting all I got was a book,lanyard and a tote bag..drove from Columbus,oh..but oh well it was a nice vacation for myself and ex girl,next day drove into nyc and walked around..but I paid 200.00 a piece for floor seats in Columbus section j row 30..and my I talked my mom into buying LD for her and her husband she told me if they do end up getting closer than she will trade out with me knowing im such a die-hard..bless her heart.

Date: April 22, 2015 01:27

Man if I ever pay $950 for a Stones ticket I better be sitting at the top of Keith or Ronnie's guitar, by the tuners, looking down at the neck as they play

Date: April 22, 2015 03:27

Stuhub has better deals than i can find on TM for same locations so something has to give on TM.

Date: April 22, 2015 04:54

Leonioid
I guess we will see...
I say 2-3 days before the show tickets will be available.

There is always tickets available a few days before the show. These are called house holds. For people in the band or who work at the venue or a guy like jerry jones or tony romo that have people they want to give tickets or sometimes a radio station etc. It is sad but true the very best seats are set aside and never are for sale. So the ticket you see a few days before the show In this case like AT&T stadium that is all but sold out. Are tickets that people with connections did not use. Or from orders that did not fill. Because of a credit card issue etc. So. Yes there will be tickets. But this will sell out no problem. All but sold out now. This I know from someone who knows all. Thanks

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: April 22, 2015 05:04

Oh well,l may just do Orlando,but only if l get a decent seat at $50 or less,screw the promoters and the band,they are both in cahoots,serves them right to have to lower or even give tickets away,as to not be embarrassed by half empty stadiums...winking smiley

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 22, 2015 05:08

Sold out means that the seats that they have put up at a given moment are sold. It is really hard to believe that there are not tone of unsold tickets . . . whole rows in Dallas and everywhere else. What is available for sale at a given moment has no relationship to what has been sold and what has not yet been sold. it has nothing to do with "house holds," radio station returns, credit card returns, etc., everyone knows about all that. It has to do with people not wanting to pay hundreds of dollars to sit in the back half of a football stadium.

Date: April 22, 2015 05:28

Exactly rockyfan. I refuse to pay $200+ to sit in a shitty stadium location so unless they drop in price, I will see 1 show instead of 2 or 3 and be ok with that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 29 of 30

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2056
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home