Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 6, 2013 03:47

littleredrooster
You should re-name yourself........"SNICKERS"
Why?
Cause you're LUMPY.......NOT SMOOTH!!!!!!

Take it easy, Corky. Why don'tcha pack up your 12-sided dice and other D&D crap and find some other kids to play with.

oldschool
You mean we are not going to get a show comparable to the 69-81 era Stones when they were 30-40 years younger and still in their prime for our $85? well damn I wish I had known this before I bought my tickets.eye rolling smiley

If you wanna pay $85 to see (via video screen, because your view of the stage is obstructed) five geriatrics & their 30 musicians friends shamble through a set of synthesized versions of various Stones tunes, all while sipping on a $30 Stroh's draft, knock yourself out. >grinning smiley<

treaclefingers
GOOD GAWD StonesTod, is that you!?!

Watchman, I've never cared for this persona. Why don't you retire it & bring back one of your other aliases, like Sir Craven of Cottage?

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 6, 2013 03:50

According to a post by the webmaster of this site, there were 100 people out of 400 people in the "tongue pit,"who were $85 ticket holders. Mysteriously, there has only been one report of two people (meaning one ticket buyer) getting those tickets for $85. Of course, he also said that only 1,000 to 1,500 people were holders of $85 tickets, and that was the day after it was estimated there were anywhere from 2,000 to 3,000 people in line at Staples for $85 tickets, not 1,000 to 1,500. Granted, all the attendees don't post on these boards, but it's doubtful that the $85 ticket buyers had a one in ten chance of getting pit seats, even though that was printed on the initial confirmations.

It sounds like a good basis for a class action lawsuit. Sure, the lawyers would wind up getting most of the money in a settlement and not the fans, but somebody needs to push back against the greedy bands and promoters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 03:51 by marianna.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 6, 2013 04:16

MILKYWAY
littleredrooster
You should re-name yourself........"SNICKERS"
Why?
Cause you're LUMPY.......NOT SMOOTH!!!!!!

Take it easy, Corky. Why don'tcha pack up your 12-sided dice and other D&D crap and find some other kids to play with.

oldschool
You mean we are not going to get a show comparable to the 69-81 era Stones when they were 30-40 years younger and still in their prime for our $85? well damn I wish I had known this before I bought my tickets.eye rolling smiley

If you wanna pay $85 to see (via video screen, because your view of the stage is obstructed) five geriatrics & their 30 musicians friends shamble through a set of synthesized versions of various Stones tunes, all while sipping on a $30 Stroh's draft, knock yourself out. >grinning smiley<

treaclefingers
GOOD GAWD StonesTod, is that you!?!

Watchman, I've never cared for this persona. Why don't you retire it & bring back one of your other aliases, like Sir Craven of Cottage?

You made a ridiculous statement about people expecting the Stones to be as good as in their prime and I responded as I doubt anybody who posts on this forum expects that given the band members current age. Personally I accept the current band for what they are. A group of legendary musicians at the end of their amazing careers who can still put on a respectable show singing the old songs and giving me my $85 worth for a nice night out on the town partying with fellow Stones fans.

If you choose not to attend that is your choice but I will have a nice dinner in the Boston North End with the wife and some friends and then go see the Stones put on a good 2 hours of classic music for $85 from my favorite band of all time. A good night out IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 04:19 by oldschool.

Posted by: BouldernBun ()
Date: May 6, 2013 04:40

Bump..This misses one important point - the sale of obstructed view seats should have been disclosed at the time of sale. In some jurisdictions (I am not sure about California) there are actually laws that require ticket sellers to specifically disclose whether tickets being sold are "obstructed view" or "limited view". I think that New York is one of those jurisdictions where it is specifically required, but I'm not sure (would have to double check). In other jurisdictions, there is probably at least an argument under consumer

protection laws

Frankly, I plan to request a refund and I would encourage others to do the same. Even if it isn't required under California law, AXS should not place ticket purchasers in "restricted", "obstructed" or "limited" view seats unless that possibility was disclosed at the time of purchase. Hopefully, they will not do so at future events.
I am not missing any point. Would it have been nice for them to tell us we could end up with a restricted view seat ? Sure but it was a lottery and you have to expect you may get the crappiest seat possible. JMO but I doubt it would have caused many fans to not roll the dice on $85 tickets.
It depends. If it is legal, then it is simply inconsistent with common business practice. If it is illegal, which it is in some jurisdictions, you have every reason to expect the disclosure, regardless of whether it would have affected your decision. I'm pretty sure that New York Code 25.13 would require the disclosure.

Re: BEWARE of the $85 Ticket! Ripoff City
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:46

clance65
24FPS
clance65
oldschool
24FPS
oldschool
How can anyone complain about $ 85 tickets ? We all knew the risks when we bought them yes?

When you say that tickets could be anywhere in the arena, you should be able to assume those tickets are from areas currently on the market. It appears that AEG opened up those crap sections at the last moment and threw a bunch of $85 ticket buyers in there. Henceforth the rip off. Your risk was that you could end up in the crap $150 sections, not a whole new section created especially for the damned.

Your point is moot as the offer stated the tickets could be anywhere from nosebleeds to the pit. Unfortunately you got a couple of the least desirable seats last night. It wasn't a rip-off as you knew in advance they may be less than desirable seats when you bought them. You roll the dice and take your chances.

And not that it matters but how do you know they opened up those sections at the last minute? or are you just speculating? if the show had sold out I think you would have a point but it sounds like they had a number of empty seats they could have put you in rather than open up a section last minute.

So true! It's not like a construction crew "built" extra seats inside Staples Center, just for The Stones show. What part of "you can be ANYWHERE in the arena" "tickets spread THROUGHOUT the arena" is misleading?

I bought 1500.00 pit tickets for Oakland tomorrow. I WILL be pissed as hell if I get there and they send me to some other seats that aren't the pit.

On May 18 & 20, I have 85's. I will feel really unlucky if I get the worst seats, but I promise I won't be pissed. For those shows I will reserve being pissed and feeling ripped off if they don't let me in the building.

We'll see how you feel if you get two rows from the top, LIMITED VIEW in a section that wasn't even open for consideration as a viable place to watch the concert when the tickets were sold. By your logic ANYWHERE (your caps) in the arena could be in the third floor john.

I said I'd feel unlucky. I'll add that I'll also feel I saw the Stones for about as cheap as they can be seen, next to being given tickets.

Dude, if you got Section 322, row 9, seats 11 and 12, you wouldn't feel like you "saw the Stones for about as cheap as they can be seen" because from those seats, you can't see the Stones. You can see Chuck, and the backs of Lisa and Bernard. The actual sightline is in the shape of a triangle, basically the upper right 1/3 of the stage. That's why 24FPS is upset - and that's why many jurisdictions require that a promoter or ticket seller state specifically that tickets are obstructed view.

I had those exact seats, took one look at them, and paid $1200 to upgrade. What a rip off. I had the pit package tonight. And, although I have $85 tickets for Chicago on June 3, I'm going to pass and work instead. I wish I could give them to someone, but ticketmaster said they can't do it. Admittedly, it was kind of fun to be part of this mysterious and new $85 experience, and it did feel great to have been one of the "lucky few" to purchase them on the day they went on sale. Never again for me. I don't need that kind of excitement in my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 11:53 by drbryant.

Re: BEWARE of the $85 Ticket! Ripoff City
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 6, 2013 11:51

So how did the 85ers work out in Oak town? Same mess with basically give aways in the end to anyone with an ID queuing up? Better seats on average?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 6, 2013 16:42

From IGTBA on Shidoobee:

Just back at hotel near Oakland now. Another great concert. Got in the pit with my $85s - yes!!! I think it was random luck. They checked my ID against my name on a list, then she looked at my tickets in an envelop (I think from a single pile, but not positive) and told me to wait over at the side, keeping my ID with the tickets - after a minute or so (when I was not sure what was happening) another worker grabbed another envelop and ID for people in front of me and started putting wrist bands on them - that's when I started to think this might be great. Then he took my ID/envelop called my name and I asked "are we in the pit?" and he said yes and put wrist bands on us - great!! There were quite a few $85s that got in the pit at Oakland. But the percentage was still low, since there were a lot of $85s sold for Oakland too - a long line and long wait to get in with the $85s.

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 6, 2013 17:47

So, at the end, we can say that the tix cost 85$ if you have the nerve to wait, a variable fortune if you are anxious ...

C

Posted by: littleredrooster ()
Date: May 6, 2013 17:51

bye bye johnny
From IGTBA on Shidoobee:

Just back at hotel near Oakland now. Another great concert. Got in the pit with my $85s - yes!!! I think it was random luck. They checked my ID against my name on a list, then she looked at my tickets in an envelop (I think from a single pile, but not positive) and told me to wait over at the side, keeping my ID with the tickets - after a minute or so (when I was not sure what was happening) another worker grabbed another envelop and ID for people in front of me and started putting wrist bands on them - that's when I started to think this might be great. Then he took my ID/envelop called my name and I asked "are we in the pit?" and he said yes and put wrist bands on us - great!! There were quite a few $85s that got in the pit at Oakland. But the percentage was still low, since there were a lot of $85s sold for Oakland too - a long line and long wait to get in with the $85s.

Johnny, What was your position in the line?
Were you in line early?
Or, just in the middle of it?

Thanks!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:07

littleredrooster
bye bye johnny
From IGTBA on Shidoobee:

Were you in line early?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm IGTBA. I was probably around the middle of the line - got in line about 7:15 - got inside the arena about 8:20 at Oakland - actually had to wait in line longer to get inside, after getting the tickets/wristbands, than to get the tickets wristbands. There were a lot of $85s sold for Oakland, so while there were quite a few $85s that got pits, I'm sure the percentage was low. Got lucky in Oakland.

Date: May 6, 2013 18:15

Good for you, makes up for the aggravation AEG gave you for HP, eh ;-)

So your name had apparently been drawn before hand since you were "flagged" at the window as opposed to just being given an envelope at random. So was that a paper list or a list on a computer/tablet?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:07

littleredrooster
bye bye johnny
From IGTBA on Shidoobee:

Were you in line early?

Thanks!

Wasn't at the show. That information came from IGTBA on Shidoobee.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 6, 2013 20:18

To recap what we know so far: You CAN get a nice seat, or a great seat, with an $85 ticket, but the odds are also very high that you can be thrown into a newly opened, just for that night, LIMITED VIEW nosebleed seat. Your remedies are....

A) go buy an expensive ticket and eat your $85 tickets.
cool smiley stalk the arena until you find a place to either see and hear the concert adequately. (Remembering that if you have a nosebleed seat you're on the highest level).
C) Go to Guest Services and attempt to get better tickets.

Any other hard earned information is appreciated.

$85.00 ticket experience and seating information
Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:06

Please post your experience with the $85.00 tickets.
How long in line?
Where seated?
When purchased.

Re: $85.00 ticket experience and seating information
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:14

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:48

What happened to the original thread?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:03

BluzDude

It was probably was assimilated by the borg into another thread.

HUGE CONGRATS on winning the ticket lottery! It was great to hear smileys with beer

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:06

Max'sKansasCity
BluzDude

It was probably was assimilated by the borg into another thread.

HUGE CONGRATS on winning the ticket lottery! It was great to hear smileys with beer

Thank you, got lucky I guesssmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:10

Here is the other thread, probably soon to be joined by this thread, within that thread becoming one thread within itself [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:16

Good questions Christopher. This is specific to Friday's experience for/at, the Los Angeles' Staples show.

Add-on: Other Issue(s?)

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Christopher
Please post your experience with the $85.00 tickets.
How long in line?
Where seated?
When purchased.

Posted by: darkstardew ()
Date: May 6, 2013 10:19

Oakland tonight. Got 109 Row 27. Interestingly there were 2 other pairs of people I knew within a few rows of me who also got $85 tix. Another buddy pulled seats in a better section, 104 I believe. People in front of me got 200 something.

Talking to my friends a few seats down they knew people who paid $85 and got tongue pit, but most of their friends who got $85 got uppers. I was VERY happy with my seats, not too close but could clearly see the whole stage and screens and hear well. The only annoying part was the couple behind us who kept yelling at my wife and this other guy to sit down when 90% of our section was standing...

Date: May 6, 2013 12:09

Thanks for the update, similar to LA then it seems, same long queue and no more CC scanning in the end just token ID checking to get people in?

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 6, 2013 17:56

I got pits, with my $85s, in Oakland. I think it was random, but not 100 percent sure. Got in line about 7:15. I saw others get pits too, but most did not. There were a lot of $85s sold for Oakland too, so the percentage of pits had to be low. Great to luck out!! BTW, there seemed to be very few $85s in the pit at Staples; I got PR7 - not bad - for Staples - also with $85s. At Oakland, I stood in line about 30 minutes before getting my tickets/wristband, then it took another 30+ minutes to get inside the arena. Before, at Staples, the line took 75 minutes, but then we were inside almost immediately. Good luck to others with $85s for future concerts.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:14

It was truly random. A women who was in front of us got the Pit. We got section 220, which was to the side and sightly behind the stage. After 3 songs I went and had a word with guest services and they upgraded us to section 110, row 6 which was an order of magnitude better. Great view of the stage and sound. If any of you find yourselves with obstructed views, then it can't hurt to say something about it. It worked for us!

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:18

Cool way to get the upgrade, but What do you mean by "guest services" you just walked up to an usher, a ticket box inside? who did you speak with if you don't mind me asking

Posted by: gtrplyr ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:38

I had $85 tix for Oakland as well. Got in line about 7:20 and entered the venue at about 8:15. As stated above, about 30 mins to get my tix and 30 more to get into the venue. They dumped the $85 line into the standard line after you get your tix, so there is a bottleneck.

My seats were 206 row 14. Opposite side of the arena from the stage. The guy behind me got 220, which was obstructed and almost behind the stage.

I did see people getting wristbands with their tix, so I assume they were getting pit.

We have a connection at Ticketmaster who was at the show and told us to meet him and he'd get us upgraded. We ended up on the floor, 2nd row. Amazing seats.

Anyway, when we were waiting to meet him, we were in the "guest services" area where people were talking to the Box Office manager. Some of the people had received the wrong tickets, or had price complaints, and others were there complaining about the $85 seats they got. He was just handing them all new tickets from a stack he had in his pocket (mostly much better seats in the 100's). So, if you end up in the upper level, I would suggest heading to guest services and asking to be relocated. It seems that they have so many extras that they are giving them out pretty freely.

Note: One person had purchased $600 tix and when they picked them up at will-call, the ticket had a cheaper price listed on it (due to TM dropping prices the last day). She was livid. However, this is not something you can resolve at the show. You have to take it up with Ticketmaster to get a refund/reimbursement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-06 18:40 by gtrplyr.

Date: May 6, 2013 18:46

Wow...great for people who got upgrades, but what a friggin' fiasco! I wonder when it will start to take a toll on the overall vibe...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:47

gotdablouse
Wow...great for people who got upgrades, but what a friggin' fiasco! I wonder when it will start to take a toll on the overall vibe...

there's a vibe?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:48

gtrplyr
It seems that they have so many extras that they are giving them out pretty freely.

Note: One person had purchased $600 tix and when they picked them up at will-call, the ticket had a cheaper price listed on it (due to TM dropping prices the last day).

So that British newspapers was right... smoking smiley

Posted by: gtrplyr ()
Date: May 6, 2013 18:49

gotdablouse

Agreed. The process for getting the $85 leaves much to be desired. Then for some to receive not only crappy seats, but obstructed ones just adds insult to injury.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home