Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 09:14

24FPS
Now you can see that they're actually selling seats behind the stage. Not behind the stage like you can see them or hear them, but literally behind the stage where you cannot see them, except for one or two musicians on stage, but behind those tiny little screens above the stage on the stage. Having this view would have been much better than behind the stage at Staples.

How about a 2nd tongue pit, just for us 85'ers, directly behind the stage.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 16, 2013 09:14

@CarlG - That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!! This is my gameplan for Chicago, but who knows... They might be completely random.

@clance65 - I was more joking about having an organized 'upgrade' plan, like the folks who dance through the arena the entire show. I am more likely to enjoy crappy seats than move through the entire arena for the show. But... if someone PM'd/tweeted/emailed me and said 'hey, there's a row down here that has been empty and it is almost showtime......' I might go have a visit..

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 09:27

flacnvinyl
@CarlG - That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!! This is my gameplan for Chicago, but who knows... They might be completely random.

@clance65 - I was more joking about having an organized 'upgrade' plan, like the folks who dance through the arena the entire show. I am more likely to enjoy crappy seats than move through the entire arena for the show. But... if someone PM'd/tweeted/emailed me and said 'hey, there's a row down here that has been empty and it is almost showtime......' I might go have a visit..

Lol....ok, man I thought you were serious. I was ready to sign up or volunteer for my post, or whatever. Yeah, I'm fine with it. I'll sit where I'm told. I'm jacked to be there.

I heard from my brother that there were people I'm the 1st 50 or 100 that were put in the pit. I'm not sure what gets you an advantage. For this "late" theory to work, then someone needs to run a "new" batch of tickets over to the 85 will call....late in the game, and pull/replace the other ones. How would they just add a bunch of nice seats to all of the existing envelopes? They'd just have a bunch of leftovers after the 85's stopped coming to the window, wouldn't they?

Date: May 16, 2013 09:31

I think they'd run out of all the 1000-2000 85 seat tickets, and HAVE to hand me a ticket of some sort. Granted, I do not know where my seats will be, but the $85 ticket guarantees that I will be inside the arena. Ofcourse they could also put me in a 'no view' seat completely behind the stage. Who knows.

If you are gunning for PIT, I think coming earlier would be the smarter gamble. No doubt the pit tickets would be given out within the first 500-1000 envelopes.

Posted by: CarlG ()
Date: May 16, 2013 09:34

The number of envelopes at the table would have covered about 300 people. No way they did not have additional sets of tickets delivered to the tables.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 16, 2013 10:27

Heh. I wound up in the front row of the side stage after using some advice I learned here... just keep moving. Found one seat by itself across the aisle and it was seat 7, so figured nobody would claim it since others would have bought pairs... Nobody showed up and I had the best view in the house! Better than Pit, even, I think, since I was right at eye level with the band and didn't have to break my neck looking straight up.

Made friends with some other nice folks in the $85 line and was able to hook them up via the phone tree Drake suggested winking smiley with the seat in front of me. The usher didn't bother them even though it was two people standing in front of one seat. For folks going Saturday: this is way to the left of 219 as you look toward the stage, I have no idea what row these were but keep going down front towards the railing and you'll see three single seats on your right.

Awesome, fantastic experience. You know why the Stones charge $$$? Because IT'S WORTH EVERY DAMN CENT! grinning smiley Wish I could go Saturday :/

I definitely think people who got there early tonight got worse tickets. EVERY single person in line at 6 PM except the three lucky Pit pairs got 400s. Hoping some of those folks managed to move down, as there were scattered fields of empties in the 200s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 10:33 by tnhybrid.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: May 16, 2013 20:19

We got our 85's for Anaheim they were in section 448 very back of the place, next to the the last row. About the second song some dude in a suit asked for our tickets, took them, and handed back two different tickets in section 106. They were about 8 rows up from the tongue! Wow. What an upgrade! It seems the last row or two in the 4 very back sections were being relocated. Had a blast. Left right after the show to Colorado. Still on the the road...

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:14

Harpo
We got our 85's for Anaheim they were in section 448 very back of the place, next to the the last row. About the second song some dude in a suit asked for our tickets, took them, and handed back two different tickets in section 106. They were about 8 rows up from the tongue! Wow. What an upgrade! It seems the last row or two in the 4 very back sections were being relocated. Had a blast. Left right after the show to Colorado. Still on the the road...

Wow that's nice! Reading all these tips is making me more confused. My plan has been to self upgrade if I don't like our 85s, plenty of people were doing that at the San Jose show. But you waited patiently and were rewarded which is super cool.
We paid full price for San Jose for 3 of us and the Anaheim show is just something extra for my daughter and I. A cool experience for us to share before she goes off to college. We're flying down Saturday morning and just expect about 36 hours of fun together. Hopefully Our Stones Karma will shine a light on us and we get in the Pit. cool smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 17, 2013 20:34

Tickets dropping for Anaheim May 18 - [www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: HalloweenJack ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:29

WHat's going on with this system - I was on TM all morning - and I know I was on it at 11:30-ish and it never gave me the $85 option...?
Now (of course it is too late) I see your link and it shows the $85 option on TM...
but all sold out!
I'm soooo mad!!!!

Think there will be another chance for $85 ???? --UGH!

Date: May 18, 2013 00:43

$85's are sold separately, and aren't listed on the "regular" Ticketmaster venue page.

There's nothing available now, but keep trying. Good luck!

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:41

Ok my receipt for Anaheim May 18 $85 tickets it says Section Vouch, Row GA16, Seats 167-168. Did anyone w $85s for other shows have the same Section and Row
And if so where did you end up?

Or is this a bunch of BS and means nothing?

Date: May 18, 2013 04:44

dimtim
Ok my receipt for Anaheim May 18 $85 tickets it says Section Vouch, Row GA16, Seats 167-168. Did anyone w $85s for other shows have the same Section and Row

Means nothing. We all had something similar. Hopes up, then dashed! It is all random.

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:55

dimtim

Mine says GA1 seats 121-122? Means nothing I'm guessing.

What time is everyone planning on getting in line on Saturday?
I'd like to go to the pre-party for a bit across the street and don't want to be stuck forever in Honda Center before the show starts. This is my first $85 show so don't know the deal...

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:56

flacnvinyl
dimtim

Means nothing. We all had something similar. Hopes up, then dashed! It is all random.

Mine said the same thing. Also had something on there that said "Gimme Shelter" seats. Don't know what that meant. I ended up in 439.
The next person in front of me got Pit. The person handing out the tickets told them BEFORE they opened the envelope that they were "going to be very excited."
Seemed like there was a little less randomness than I anticipated.

Date: May 18, 2013 05:20

Hey Bye Bye Johnny, --

If the $85 are not on the "regular" TM page how do I look for them?
I was on rolling stones.com -then click "get tickets" then clicked on "tickets" for Anaheim show because $85 tickets said "sold out" but everytime I did it - it just gave me the $150 to $600 prices.
What am I doing wrong?
HELP!!!!

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 18, 2013 06:28

tiffjagger
dimtim

Mine says GA1 seats 121-122? Means nothing I'm guessing.

FWIW, my friend and I had GA1 pairs in Vegas and both got pit. We had lower seat numbers though. If you get pit then that may signal the system is rigged for early buyers with GA1. The ticket ladies seemed to know after our full names were checked by the clipboard guys behind the ticket tables.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 18, 2013 06:32

clance65
24FPS
Now you can see that they're actually selling seats behind the stage. Not behind the stage like you can see them or hear them, but literally behind the stage where you cannot see them, except for one or two musicians on stage, but behind those tiny little screens above the stage on the stage. Having this view would have been much better than behind the stage at Staples.

How about a 2nd tongue pit, just for us 85'ers, directly behind the stage.

That's funny.

Date: May 18, 2013 07:34

stoneslib
FWIW, my friend and I had GA1 pairs in Vegas and both got pit. We had lower seat numbers though. If you get pit then that may signal the system is rigged for early buyers with GA1. The ticket ladies seemed to know after our full names were checked by the clipboard guys behind the ticket tables.

Interesting thought... Here is what I have for Chicago...

May 28
Section - GA1
Row - GA1
Seats - 13-14

May 31
Section - GA1
Row - GA3
Seats - 31-32

Tons of people have Section GA1, but I am curious how many received that row designation. The way it has been described across this thread and through first hand accounts, is that they had a stack of envelops, your name gets checked off, you get handed a random envelope, you go in..

If they have different stacks based on when you purchased your tickets, THAT could be interesting. I like to live with a slight bit of hope!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: May 18, 2013 12:58

stoneslib
The ticket ladies seemed to know after our full names were checked by the clipboard guys behind the ticket tables.

I have a simuler feeling. People at the box office know before you even open your enveloppe, so either there is some kind of mark on the enveloppe, or pit is pre-defined and the names list includes that information. Other tickets are definitely random though.

Date: May 18, 2013 16:02

HalloweenJack
If the $85 are not on the "regular" TM page how do I look for them?

$85 tickets were made available through a separate Ticketmaster link posted on the official site. Subsequently those links were labeled "SOLD OUT", and can't be accessed -- unless they're saved/bookmarked.

Here's the link for tonight's show. Good luck. - [www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: cgonz ()
Date: May 18, 2013 19:54

Anyone have the AXS $85 link?

Are $85 tickets being sold at the box office on the evening of the show?
Date: May 18, 2013 09:16

Does anyone know if they are selling the $85 tickets at the box office on the evening of the show?

$85 drop for Anaheim?
Date: May 16, 2013 22:30

Did anyone get $85 tickets yesterday for the show?
I was on TM all day and never saw any come up...
What about for Saturday the 18th?
I thought they were going to do it for every show?

Re: $85 drop for Anaheim?
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:00

Not me. Such major public discounting seems to have ended. Best to hope for is price drops to $250 from $450. As the band came on last night, 100 people were lined up at the box office waiting in vain for cheap seats to come on sale. Instead, the $250 tickets disappeared, and only options were in the $400 and $600 range. Also, seems no one was selling any extras last night. Supply very tight.

PS Some people told me that some floor tickets last night were being sold at the box office for $250, but likely very few.

UPDATE: IGNORE MOST OF THE ABOVE ... SEE BELOW ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 00:10 by DeanGoodman.

Date: May 17, 2013 01:31

They were offered Monday a little before 4pm. and shortly after 10am on Tue. Got them thru a ticketmaster on a smartphone. Someone posted the link on one of the threads. Bookmark the link and keep trying.

Date: May 17, 2013 02:25

okay --Thanks Harpo!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:30

Were these sales notified by email (the one we signed up, but few seem to have received)? Or you just randomly clicked on the site, and hey presto?

Date: May 17, 2013 04:31

No email notification. Just kept checking.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 05:07

Harpo, did you get $85 tickets or $450 tickets for $250? thanks

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home