Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 45
Re: BEWARE of the $85 Ticket! Ripoff City
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:31

Dan
Max'sKansasCity
Dan
I can sympathize for sure. Having been in the upper deck at Staples, they are not worth $85. Or even $50 for that matter. I have never paid more than $22 for an upper deck ticket and even that seems like a ripoff.

Which begs the question.... why the hell did they ever even build those seats? Has anyone, ever, attending any event, sitting in those shitty seats, ever been happy one time? Has anyone ever honestly "just been happy to be there?"

My friend says they are great for hockey.

And that is why I asked, they might be perfect for hockey. Thank you.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:34

Always act like you know where you're going and pick the youngest usher...usually has a bored look on his face...male, too...women ushers are ruthless...wait 2 songs. Not standing too long in one spot is also good advice. Last time I had the worst tickets but ended up on the floors next to B stage...twice! What you really need is a little stage rush...not likely this time around...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:35

Dan
My friend says they are great for hockey.

I'd disagree with your friend, if you can't see the puck it just looks like a bunch of people skating around and you don't know what's going on until the goal horn blows unexpectedly. I personally don't like being too close either, it's cool when the action is close to you, but you can't get a good look at all the action. The best seats in the house are about where you'd see the cameras set up. Around center ice, maybe halfway up, little lower.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:39

oldschool
How can anyone complain about $ 85 tickets ? We all knew the risks when we bought them yes?

When you say that tickets could be anywhere in the arena, you should be able to assume those tickets are from areas currently on the market. It appears that AEG opened up those crap sections at the last moment and threw a bunch of $85 ticket buyers in there. Henceforth the rip off. Your risk was that you could end up in the crap $150 sections, not a whole new section created especially for the damned.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:46

Staples is very difficult to move around. A lot of sections are even fenced off and the ushers come down quick on anyone lingering in an aisle or on the stairs.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:28

24FPS
oldschool
How can anyone complain about $ 85 tickets ? We all knew the risks when we bought them yes?

When you say that tickets could be anywhere in the arena, you should be able to assume those tickets are from areas currently on the market. It appears that AEG opened up those crap sections at the last moment and threw a bunch of $85 ticket buyers in there. Henceforth the rip off. Your risk was that you could end up in the crap $150 sections, not a whole new section created especially for the damned.

Your point is moot as the offer stated the tickets could be anywhere from nosebleeds to the pit. Unfortunately you got a couple of the least desirable seats last night. It wasn't a rip-off as you knew in advance they may be less than desirable seats when you bought them. You roll the dice and take your chances.

And not that it matters but how do you know they opened up those sections at the last minute? or are you just speculating? if the show had sold out I think you would have a point but it sounds like they had a number of empty seats they could have put you in rather than open up a section last minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 00:32 by oldschool.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:33

Hockey fan: I have 7th row seats for the Nashville Predators and one thing's for sure: you better pay attention if you're down that close - I've nearly been beaned by a puck more than once!

Higher seats are better for watching plays develop... tho I like mine in the attack once zone b/c I can watch the awesome Pekka Rinne for hours.

May try to move around in Anaheim, although that now word is out that folks can get in for $85, doubt there'll be much room!

"Just a poor girl in a rich man's house" * Rockin' in Nashville, TN!

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:41

My only comment is; Can someone please hook me up with 2 $85 tickets for Boston, Philly or MontreaL? I have to see this tour and thats all I can afford.

Date: May 5, 2013 00:58

oldschool
24FPS
oldschool

Your point is moot as the offer stated the tickets could be anywhere from nosebleeds to the pit. Unfortunately you got a couple of the least desirable seats last night. It wasn't a rip-off as you knew in advance they may be less than desirable seats when you bought them. You roll the dice and take your chances.

And not that it matters but how do you know they opened up those sections at the last minute? or are you just speculating? if the show had sold out I think you would have a point but it sounds like they had a number of empty seats they could have put you in rather than open up a section last minute.

I'm getting tired of trying to explain this simple concept, but, yes, it matters. The cheapest available seats before the $85 'lottery' seats were $150 seats. The $150 sections were totally sold out. This is common knowledge. There was never an $85 section that you could buy a ticket in. They knew that many people were trying to get those $85 seats. The sections we, and I mean hundreds of people on both sides of the arena, ended up in were entirely populated by people with $85 tickets. Those people all had the impression, because I talked to a number of them, that they would end up no worse than nosebleeds in the $150 sections. And since the $150 sections were totally sold out ahead of time, it would be reasonable to expect your tickets would be in even more desirable areas. There was no $85 section for you to expect to end up in. At no point were those sections offered for sale to the public beforehand. I certainly hope that you now understand this amazingly complex situation. I'm now going to map the human genome and then take a nap.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:05

oldschool
24FPS
oldschool

So true! It's not like a construction crew "built" extra seats inside Staples Center, just for The Stones show. What part of "you can be ANYWHERE in the arena" "tickets spread THROUGHOUT the arena" is misleading?

I bought 1500.00 pit tickets for Oakland tomorrow. I WILL be pissed as hell if I get there and they send me to some other seats that aren't the pit.

On May 18 & 20, I have 85's. I will feel really unlucky if I get the worst seats, but I promise I won't be pissed. For those shows I will reserve being pissed and feeling ripped off if they don't let me in the building.

Date: May 5, 2013 01:13

clance65
oldschool
24FPS
oldschool

So true! It's not like a construction crew "built" extra seats inside Staples Center, just for The Stones show. What part of "you can be ANYWHERE in the arena" "tickets spread THROUGHOUT the arena" is misleading?

I bought 1500.00 pit tickets for Oakland tomorrow. I WILL be pissed as hell if I get there and they send me to some other seats that aren't the pit.

On May 18 & 20, I have 85's. I will feel really unlucky if I get the worst seats, but I promise I won't be pissed. For those shows I will reserve being pissed and feeling ripped off if they don't let me in the building.

We'll see how you feel if you get two rows from the top, LIMITED VIEW in a section that wasn't even open for consideration as a viable place to watch the concert when the tickets were sold. By your logic ANYWHERE (your caps) in the arena could be in the third floor john.

Date: May 5, 2013 01:31

24FPS
clance65
oldschool
24FPS
oldschool

We'll see how you feel if you get two rows from the top, LIMITED VIEW in a section that wasn't even open for consideration as a viable place to watch the concert when the tickets were sold. By your logic ANYWHERE (your caps) in the arena could be in the third floor john.
Any seat spread through out the arena literally means any seat in the arena. This was CLEARLY stated. So sorry you lost the lottery and got crappy seats, maybe your expectations regarding the 85 tickets were a bit (OK a lot) unrealistic. You got exactly what you paid for but you still seem unhappy. I can guarantee you I won't be pissed even if I get the crappiest seats in the house for $85 a ticket. I mean it's a lottery some people will win and get good seats and other people will lose and get crappy seats...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:50

I have to agree with Clance the offer states that your seats could be anywhere. You could have gotten the best seats in the hose just as well as the worst. Its a lottery.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:25

its good to be anywhere
24FPS
clance65
oldschool
24FPS
oldschool

I bought 1500.00 pit tickets for Oakland tomorrow. I WILL be plissed as hell if I get there and they send me to some other seats that aren't the pit.

Any seat spread through out the arena literally means any seat in the arena. This was CLEARLY stated. So sorry you lost the lottery and got crappy seats, maybe your expectations regarding the 85 tickets were a bit (OK a lot) unrealistic. You got exactly what you paid for but you still seem unhappy. I can guarantee you I won't be pissed even if I get the crappiest seats in the house for $85 a ticket. I mean it's a lottery some people will win and get good seats and other people will lose and get crappy seats...

Exactly! I hope for good seats but I have no expectations as it luck of the draw so I won't complain if I get crappy seats as I knew this was a possibility when I bought the mystery seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 02:26 by oldschool.

Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: SquealingTea ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:34

Question for eddiefm:

Did your friends behind you in line who got the good seats get them from the same window where you got yours?

Just asking because some are theorizing that the window where people got their tix played a role in how good/bad seat location turned out to be.

BTW, thanks for your posting your experiences.

Date: May 5, 2013 02:56

its good to be anywhere
24FPS
clance65
oldschool
24FPS
oldschool

You still don't get it. Hope you get good seats. Somewhere in the arena.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:00

SquealingTea
Question for eddiefm:

Did your friends behind you in line who got the good seats get them from the same window where you got yours?

Just asking because some are theorizing that the window where people got their tix played a role in how good/bad seat location turned out to be.

BTW, thanks for your posting your experiences.

After reading some more feeedback that doesn't seem to be the case after all, level 1/3 given at the same window.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:06

24FPS
clance65
oldschool
24FPS
oldschool

I said I'd feel unlucky. I'll add that I'll also feel I saw the Stones for about as cheap as they can be seen, next to being given tickets.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:13

virgil
Did anybody who ordered mutiple pairs on the same card have any issues? Were they given the tickets or were they cancelled as some IORR members have posted would happen.

//

Posted by: BouldernBun ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:26

Though it does indeed state the the $85 seats are sprinkled throughout the arena, I think the (reasonable) expectation is that one will be able to at least see the band and/or video screen. This was not the case at Staples. I lucked out and got decent seats in section 210 row 7, but after reading this forum and checking a few sections out 1st hand I'm going to pass on $85 seats for Anaheim 5/18. I could care less how far away from the stage a seat is or how high up a seat is, but I have no use for a partially or completely obstructed seat. At the very least rather than "seats sprinkled throughout the arena" it should be advised "may not be able to see the stage, band or video screen" before purchase..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:42

24FPS
flacnvinyl
I appreciate you bringing this up. The promotion did not state that they were going to open up new terrible seats. This makes me heavily reconsider the Chicago shows I am planning on attending..

Thank you. Somebody got it. This is not about me. I am giving you information you wouldn't have had. I dealt with the situation and got a better seat. This is more for the poor guy who takes some date he's trying to impress and he ends up looking bad.

Don't you think the dufus that took the date to see the stones, spending as little as he could should have a backup plan?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:57

Max'sKansasCity
oldschool

Anybody who expected better then the worst nosebleeds when they bought the $85 tickets should not have bought them to begin with as there was no guarantee you would get anything better.

I have $85 tix to both Boston shows and if I get good seats great but if not then I will do as MKC suggested and go hunting.
thumbs upsmileys with beer

It really is a fun way to go to a show... and if what they are saying about large pockets of empty seats, then it will be all too easy to slide in and that is it, VOILA! enjoy the rest of the show.

Best Tip- dont become known by the ushers, let the other nutty people get/keep their attention, but if you possibly have too memorable of an "encounter" with them, move to the flip side of the arena... and try to wear "average" looking clothes ( what ever that means winking smiley )

I like the cut of your jib, Max. It's never 100% but it's amazing sometimes how you can move around if you go hardcore.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:12

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity
oldschool

Anybody who expected better then the worst nosebleeds when they bought the $85 tickets should not have bought them to begin with as there was no guarantee you would get anything better.

I have $85 tix to both Boston shows and if I get good seats great but if not then I will do as MKC suggested and go hunting.
thumbs upsmileys with beer

It really is a fun way to go to a show... and if what they are saying about large pockets of empty seats, then it will be all too easy to slide in and that is it, VOILA! enjoy the rest of the show.

Best Tip- dont become known by the ushers, let the other nutty people get/keep their attention, but if you possibly have too memorable of an "encounter" with them, move to the flip side of the arena... and try to wear "average" looking clothes ( what ever that means winking smiley )

I like the cut of your jib, Max. It's never 100% but it's amazing sometimes how you can move around if you go hardcore.

Thank you andrewt. It is amazing, and sometimes can be more fun than having (even good) tickets, but in a NO FUN zone (next to, or in front of, the "wrong" type of people duds)

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:25

Ya mean the seats aren't front row center???

EDIT: Subject line

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 04:27 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:43

I just don't get how everyone doesn't already know the $85 ticket is a lottery.

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 5, 2013 05:57

I tried for Philly and got thru for the $85 tickets and after entering my form for payment the system lost my order!!! Please! enjoy your good fortune in having a pair of $85 tickets for a show in your area. I have been a fan since age 5 (shined shoes and saved my allowance to buy High Tides and Green Grass Greatest hits album in 1966 and and am pretty bummed out I cannot see them one more time. Wishing everyone a great time that heads out to see them this year.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:13

Oakland
For those willing to gamble and take the risk of the $85's (be it pit, nosebleed, somewhere in between, or obstructed view), the link for Oakland is now in red.

$85's-Risky mystery seats

direct to Ticketmaster:

T-Bastard-mystery seats

Date: May 5, 2013 06:39

BouldernBun
Though it does indeed state the the $85 seats are sprinkled throughout the arena, I think the (reasonable) expectation is that one will be able to at least see the band and/or video screen. This was not the case at Staples. I lucked out and got decent seats in section 210 row 7, but after reading this forum and checking a few sections out 1st hand I'm going to pass on $85 seats for Anaheim 5/18. I could care less how far away from the stage a seat is or how high up a seat is, but I have no use for a partially or completely obstructed seat. At the very least rather than "seats sprinkled throughout the arena" it should be advised "may not be able to see the stage, band or video screen" before purchase..

And...after much search, a reasonable man has been found who 'gets it'. Thank you. smileys with beer

Date: May 5, 2013 06:54

Another question. I, and I'm assuming many others, were contacted last Tuesday to register on Rollingstones.com for a chance at $85 tickets. We gave name, rank, etc, including e-mail. We were told we'd be notified on the day of the show, May 3rd, on whether we would have a chance to buy $85 tickets. I don't see how they were going to notify us any other way but through our e-mail. Was anybody contacted through their e-mail. If not, what exactly were we registering for?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:59

24FPS
Another question. I, and I'm assuming many others, were contacted last Tuesday to register on Rollingstones.com for a chance at $85 tickets. We gave name, rank, etc, including e-mail. We were told we'd be notified on the day of the show, May 3rd, on whether we would have a chance to buy $85 tickets. I don't see how they were going to notify us any other way but through our e-mail. Was anybody contacted through their e-mail. If not, what exactly were we registering for?

sounds like it was an experiment to see what the demand was for tickets at $85 so they could put together a strategy for filling up the arena at the maximum revenue to them.
it's pretty common in online marketing to get people to "sign up" to be notified of something as a way to gauge demand.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home