Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:30

virgil
If anyone has Purchased mutiple pairs of $85 tickets for San Jose on the same credit card. Could you please post in this thread exactly what happened when you arrived at will call for pick up and entry.

Problems, no problems, ETC.

Thank you in Advance

AnyBody

Date: May 11, 2013 05:29

virgil
virgil
If anyone has Purchased mutiple pairs of $85 tickets for San Jose on the same credit card. Could you please post in this thread exactly what happened when you arrived at will call for pick up and entry.

Problems, no problems, ETC.

Thank you in Advance

Anybody

SECRET?? $85 TICKETS DROP 35-45, MIN. AFTER START TIME
Date: May 9, 2013 05:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 12:48 by EXILEONMAINSTcalif.

Re: SECRET?? $85 TICKETS DROP 35-45, MIN. AFTER START TIME
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 9, 2013 05:12

Thank you man! much appreciated.....
smoking smiley

Date: May 9, 2013 06:12

Hey, no problem!!

Hope ya get to see them, no matter what!!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 06:14

Do you mean to say 30-40 mins to show time?

Date: May 9, 2013 18:22

Hi - no I meant that the 85s will drop (be available to buy) about 40 minutes after all of the other tickets start selling on that Monday, the 13th

I just landed in Las Vegas ( oh yeah!!!!!!) for the concert, check back here and I'll post a bit more about it and what I did. I'll do it in the next 12 hours. It's 8:20 AM here in Begas

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:26

thank you for sharing this information!

Date: May 10, 2013 19:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 12:46 by EXILEONMAINSTcalif.

Date: May 11, 2013 10:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 12:45 by EXILEONMAINSTcalif.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 11, 2013 11:04

The 4 shows for Los Angeles and Anaheim all went on sale at the same time on April 15th and I was able to buy $85 for all 4 shows. The $85 links on rollingstones.com were not working until 10:07 or 7 minutes after the public sale began. I very quickly did the 2 shows for Anaheim as they were sold through Ticketmaster while the 2 LA shows were being sold through AXS who I had never used before. Since I needed for all 4 shows, I figured I would get the 2 out of the way that i knew how to use, then go on to the 2 I had to buy through AXS. I was done with all 4 shows before 10:20 with $85 ticket for all of them.

Don't go with the belief that these $85 tickets won't drop until 35-40 minutes into the sale because they may be gone by that point. Just keep trying the $85 links until it allows you to purchase those tickets which in the case for the LA area shows was about 7 minutes into the public sale. Also keep the forum pages open to see what others are encountering while you search.

On April 19th, I tried for Las Vegas. The link was taking you to the regular sale and not the $85 tickets. Someone on this forum and also on Shidoobie had links that worked so I used that and got through roughly 5 minutes into the public sale. Unfortunately my Wifi internet service when down literally about 1-2 seconds before the order was compelted. It was spinning to complete the order after I chose which credit card I was using and died. It returned at about 40-45 minutes into the sale and the $85 tickets were all gone. At some point while my internet service was down, the links on rs.com were corrected and people were able to buy them. This was not 35-40 minutes into the sale though, it was much earlier than that from what I read in forums after my service returned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 11:06 by Halup.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 11, 2013 22:33

Nothing at the moment, but here's the link for tonight's show - [www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 13, 2013 06:11

So there were originally around 1000 $85 tickets to each show. And then in the run-up to each show, there were discounted tickets. And the day before each show there were more $85 lottery-style tickets.

My question: Do you stand a better chance of getting good seats from the day-before-the-show sales of $85 lottery tickets (because they are offloading more higher-priced tickets at the last minute) than you do if if you get/got the initial public sale $85 ones (the original 1000-ish $85 tickets that only had a few Pit/floor seats)? I know it's a crapshoot when you pick them up, but are people finding that there are more closer seats in the late-released batches of $85 or signing up on rs.com vs the original $85 lottery tickets? Any pointers appreciated.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:31

I think you answered your own question: "It's a crapshoot when you pick them up." You will hear all sorts of conspiracy theories about the alleged non-randomness of the whole thing. Ignore them.

Date: May 13, 2013 17:40

Contrary to the 2 ticket per valid ID ticket limited posted @ [www.rollingstones.com], Ticketmaster's $85 ticket page for the Washington DC show states "There is an 8 ticket limit per household", same as the regular on-sale page. Shocking.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:45

bye bye johnny
Contrary to the 2 ticket per valid ID ticket limited posted @ [www.rollingstones.com], Ticketmaster's $85 ticket page for the Washington DC show states "There is an 8 ticket limit per household", same as the regular on-sale page. Shocking.

If they messed this up, then tickmaster is going to catch hell from fans who bought more than two. Sounds to me like it was a mistake.

Date: May 13, 2013 18:25

Ticketmaster will remedy that by notifying some buyers they've cancelled their duplicate order(s), while advising others not to worry.

Hopefully they'll have it sorted in time for the fall on-sales. ;-)

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:29

For the VEGAS show, I purchased 2 sets of $85's, but with 2 different credit cards that had different mailing address but the name on the card was the same. When we arrived at the front of the line I laid down my e-mail confirmations and she said All I need is your last name a picture ID, I gave her my drivers licensed and told her I purchased two pair, she told my name to the guy behind her with the clip board and he said yep he's good to go, she handed me 2 envelopes and us and our friends were in.....same section of seats 1 row a part, but I still believe it was completely random. . . . .If you have never seen the Stones at the MGM if you ever get the chance you should do so,the sound is incredible in this venue, we were 3rd row upper level Keith's side.

NWSooner

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:38

Shut out again in DC for the $85 tickets...I have no luck.....

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:45

me eeder

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2013 18:49

NWSooner
For the VEGAS show, I purchased 2 sets of $85's, but with 2 different credit cards that had different mailing address but the name on the card was the same. When we arrived at the front of the line I laid down my e-mail confirmations and she said All I need is your last name a picture ID, I gave her my drivers licensed and told her I purchased two pair, she told my name to the guy behind her with the clip board and he said yep he's good to go, she handed me 2 envelopes and us and our friends were in.....same section of seats 1 row a part, but I still believe it was completely random. . . . .If you have never seen the Stones at the MGM if you ever get the chance you should do so,the sound is incredible in this venue, we were 3rd row upper level Keith's side.

What are the chances of the Stones ever playing MGM again?
Not a gambling man, but since I'm still in Vegas I'd say the chances are close to zero.

But I digress...congrats on the double $85's, and yes indeed, the Stones at MGM is always a great show,

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:05

NWSooner

NWSooner

This post reminds me of a point that I was going to make.

Not all nosebleeds are created the same. In some arenas, the "nosebleeds" can be very good - but a lot depends on the venue. Staples Center, with its three tiers of luxury boxes, is one example of nosebleeds that are extremely high up, and therefore less desirable. Other venues, with only one level of luxury boxes (or none) can be much better.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:23

I ended up in the nosebleeds for Las Vegas. Second last row of 206. I wouldn't say it was that random, when every single person in the last 3 rows in that section were $85. It was clear to me that they put most of the $85 into the purple areas on this map:

Maybe a handful got into the pit. But that's OK (under the pricing structure) ... last 3 rows $85, next 3 for $170, next few for $250. However, the jumbotrons were blocked, and the sound up there was absolutely abysmal. Just a rumble of muddy bass/drums/vocals and barely any guitar. I am very picky with sound at concerts.

After a little while, we left our seats and took off looking for somewhere better. Even walking down the aisle a little bit resulted in a dramatic improvement in sound. There were no obvious spare seats to try and steal, it was jam packed. Ended up going to that white space on the map in front of 216 and standing there. Could sort of see the stage OK (plus jumbotron just to the right), but the main thing was the sound was magnificent (speaker array pointed out to the side) and the concert was just fantastic.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:32

I'm really disappointed in the term "nose bleeds". I've sat up there many times in my life and not once has it made my nose bleed. Am I doing something wrong??

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 13, 2013 20:02

Hairball

What are the chances of the Stones ever playing MGM again?
Not a gambling man, but since I'm still in Vegas I'd say the chances are close to zero.
quote]

If the Stones go ahead with the plans to return to the US in September to play shows in the South (as crew members were talking about at the rehearsals in LA), I've thought that they could include a return to the MGM in Vegas with those dates. MGM was originally rumored to be having 2 shows on this tour, so maybe there are plans to give them that second show when/if the Stones return to the US for more shows on this tour.

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: May 13, 2013 21:16

Here is a picture from our seats at the MGM Section 218 Row C, when you look at the MAP DIAGRAM as I did in the holding room I was not very happy that's for damn sure (SEE Section 218 on Map above), however as you can see from the picture, the seats were darn good for $85.

Rock On people. . . . NWSooner

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 13, 2013 22:40

Good to hear...and see!
winter
So there were originally around 1000 $85 tickets to each show. And then in the run-up to each show, there were discounted tickets. And the day before each show there were more $85 lottery-style tickets.

There were two $85 ticket drops for LA but I don't remember any for the following shows since they had more time to figure out how to optimize the gross, i.e. "flex pricing" ?

Date: May 13, 2013 23:02

$85's dropped for Oakland a couple days before and San Jose day of show. No mention on the Stones website, Facebook or Twitter.

Haven't read about anyone getting e-mailed for those "second chance" $85's either.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 13, 2013 23:49

The randomness makes me grit my teeth when I remember that some couple came up out of nowhere and the authorities let them in at the front of the line, which was right in front of me. It crossed my mind at the time that they got the tickets I should have got. I always wonder where they ended up. They certainly weren't up in the Limited View rafters where I was.

By the way, I think any ticket on the 2nd level at Staples, beside Limited View, would be good. The only thing wrong with third level is there are speakers in the way. Other than that the view is pretty good. Face it, it's not like you need to see the Stones up close any longer. And the main screen is adequate to see what they're doing. I'll try for $85 tickets again and roll the dice for the LA concert on the 20th. With what I know now I'd get their early and go to Guest Services for better tickets if I get stuck with stinkers again. Or at least move around to a better seat.

Date: May 14, 2013 00:52

bye bye johnny

I have been saying that for a month. I printed out $85 page from boston it says exactly that. Im bringing it with me to the pick up window just in case there is a problem also I invited a civil attorney as one of my guest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-14 00:56 by virgil.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home