Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 35 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:04

latebloomer
Hang in there CindyC, the holidays can drive ya crazy...do what I do and just bitch and moan to your family, they have to put up with me no matter what.

hehe - that's exactly what I should do!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 20, 2012 00:19

Hey, Cindy C, I love Frankie's music and took no offense. I've heard other stories.

Actually, I like your approach, speak ill of the dead. tongue sticking out smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 20, 2012 00:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-20 01:02 by latebloomer.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 02:28

stones todd,you need help with your ears.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:04

StonesTod is the only intellectual in this thread. Leave him alone!

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: December 20, 2012 04:04

ryanpow
is it just me or did mick seem annoyed at the web choice?

Guaranteed not, trust me. We bought one of the packages that included dinner, etc. before the show and while there we got to listen to the sound check. They rehearsed 'Dead Flowers' so they knew well beforehand which "most voted" song they were going to play Saturday night.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: December 20, 2012 04:24

ironbelly
Check Keith pose and the look he gave to Lady Gaga at the end of the song. Somwhere around 6.45 and onwards

It seems he is thinking "Who the @#$% is this and what I am doing here?"

Yep, you nailed it, ironbelly. I was purposely watching Keith very closely for a reaction to Gaga and he did not disappoint. Did you by chance catch where Keith and Charlie exchanged glances after watching her and both were just cracking up? I thought maybe they were looking at her shoes, if that's what you want to call them, while she was dancing and jumping around the stage??? She is truly an oddball but I think she did a great job with Mick and GS, the crowd loved her and she seemed to enjoy herself immensely even after her song spot was long over. Go easy on her, folks, Mick usually knows what he's doing!

Date: December 20, 2012 04:40

latebloomer, I should have said I like your idea on venting very much too, though the
other works better for me at present, less interaction, ha.

T and T, yeah, I thought I saw Keith and Charlie chuckling during GaGa.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-20 04:42 by angee.

Date: December 20, 2012 04:52

flacnvinyl
Get Off Of My Cloud - Fun track. A little rough but Ronnie was playing beautifully. Guitars too low in the mix.

The Last Time - WEAK. LAME. This is one of my all time favorite Stones songs. The version in 97/98 was FANTASTIC. This was more like the original and had that jazzy/Ringo beat instead of the train-going-down-the-tracks pacing of the 97/98 version

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll - Just fine. Good warmup song.

Paint It Black - Great version.

Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga) - All about the vocals. Gaga did just fine but looked stupid and detracted from the song. Bad choice but I'm sure it added a few thousand viewers to the PPV.

Wild Horses - Why not Moonlight Mile? As Tears Go By?

Going Down (with Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer) - Great performance but they should have split this up! Put Mayer in the set on Respectable!! HE NAILED THAT.

Dead Flowers - I'll take it. Let It Bleed or Around and Around would have been far better.

Who Do You Love (with the Black Keys) - This was a wasted opportunity in my opinion. Almost any other song would have worked better, but atleast they did a blues. Did anyone else find it funny that Mick forgot that they played this with Bo Diddley?? And he said he thought it was the first time they had played it live! HA! Senior moment apparently. Probably one of those moments where fans remember it better than the musicians...

Doom and Gloom - Love it! Need more guitars in the mix! Sound guy loves Darryl more than Keef/Ronnie.

One More Shot - The song just isn't any good. Had It With You, Under The Radar, She's So Cold, anything would be better here.

Miss You - Tired of it. So very tired of it.

Honky Tonk Women - Great song, nothing new here tonight.

Before They Make Me Run - FANTASTIC. Keith, best version of this song I have ever heard. Hats off to ya.

Happy - Where is the Keith solo? Just a little lick, nothing serious. Really wanted him to tear this one up.

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) - HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT. Nuff said.

Start Me Up - They should open up every show with this just to get it out of the way. I can't even begin to count how many times I hear someone in the audience say "here we go" when Keith hits the opening riff. As if the show hasn't started til they hear that.

Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen) - Bruce did not add anything to this. Love to see him smile, but he did contribute. The fish dance at the end cracked me up though.

Brown Sugar - Great version, but the guitars are still too dang soft in the mix.

Sympathy For The Devil - The first Keith riff is the highlight. After that I'm bored. I know it remains a favorite for a ton of people, but I wish they'd play something different.

You Can't Always Get What You Want - Ronnie's solo is the only reason I listen to this song. The choir is just fine.

Jumping Jack Flash - Boring.

Satisfaction - Boring.

Seriously guys I LOVE this band, but I'll take the bootlegs of the show on the 13th with Around and Around and Respectable to this whole show. Apparently I can no longer be entertained by the same songs for every single show.

flacnvinyl, were you actually at the show? Let me tell you, I was there and the guitars were very high in the mix, the sound was killer and the Stones brought the house down. I came home sick but yesterday I finally watched the PPV that I recorded and it almost sounded like a differend show. I was really disappointed by the way they mixed the show, the first couple of songs were way off and then after GS it got a little bit better but still nothing like it was live. It's a real shame, as much as most of you all loved the PPV if only the sound mix could have been as good as the live show you would have been blown out of your socks!

Date: December 20, 2012 05:08

flacnvinyl, were you actually at the show? Let me tell you, I was there and the guitars were very high in the mix, the sound was killer and the Stones brought the house down. I came home sick but yesterday I finally watched the PPV that I recorded and it almost sounded like a differend show. I was really disappointed by the way they mixed the show, the first couple of songs were way off and then after GS it got a little bit better but still nothing like it was live. It's a real shame, as much as most of you all loved the PPV if only the sound mix could have been as good as the live show you would have been blown out of your socks![/quote]

I couldn't agree more Thru and Thru, the guitars were absolutely incredible, the live show was electrifying. I have the PPV on DVD and haven't watched it yet, I am a little hesitant now as it seems that it wasn't mixed very well. I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

Date: December 20, 2012 06:08

I heard that often the PPVs are remixed for better sound after the DVDs are officially produced for sale later on.

Is that anyone's experience? Hope so, from a lot of what I'm reading about sound quality thus far.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:18

The sound on the PPV was disappointing as expected. I never expect those things to sound perfect. And why does it always sound like they hired some guy off Craigslist to come in and mix it? It never sounds like it's their OWN guy at the mixing board---the sound is all off during all the wrong places.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-20 08:18 by Justin.

Posted by: hitti ()
Date: December 20, 2012 09:34

Believe me, if you turn on your volume with the ppv/dvd it is absolutely ok (surely you need a good subwoofer).
As I saw it live in the night (germany), I had the volume to low in the first couch row. So on sunday, family was out, I turned realy on, ask the neighbours, and it was all in all a f§$%&&ing great tv concert.
But nothing compares with see them live, so I did in London 2.

hitti

You've got the sun, the moon and you've got the Rolling Stones

Date: December 20, 2012 09:50

The PPV-mix was good, but a bit uneven.

It didn't surprise med that it took a couple of songs to get the soundscape adjusted.

My only complaint would be that the mix was a little light on guitars at times. It was very bass-heavy, though.

Sometimes Mick was very high in the mix, at other times he was barely audible. That is a bit unprofessional, imo.

Overall, it was ok.

Posted by: hitti ()
Date: December 20, 2012 11:32

DP, for me it was the same, but as I said, high volume and it is ok smiling smiley
And the bass-heavy imo was fine for me.
Listening Going down really loud is brilliant, the guitars ... wow ... it blows me away ... but surely it never compares with the live feeling and the guitarsound directly in your ear.

hitti

You've got the sun, the moon and you've got the Rolling Stones

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 20, 2012 12:58

hitti
DP, for me it was the same, but as I said, high volume and it is ok smiling smiley
And the bass-heavy imo was fine for me.
Listening Going down really loud is brilliant, the guitars ... wow ... it blows me away ... but surely it never compares with the live feeling and the guitarsound directly in your ear.

Yeah, this number was amazing live, and sounds great on the PPV. Sound is considerably muddier on other tracks.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 20, 2012 15:35

I would guess Bob Clearmountain will be involved in the DVD, so the mix on the official release should be just fine! In the meantime, my DVR recording is decent. I ripped it to CD and have breen cranking it in the car, pretty good at high volume! I like being able to actually hear Darryl for a change.

Ross

Date: December 20, 2012 15:45

Ross
I would guess Bob Clearmountain will be involved in the DVD, so the mix on the official release should be just fine! In the meantime, my DVR recording is decent. I ripped it to CD and have breen cranking it in the car, pretty good at high volume! I like being able to actually hear Darryl for a change.

Ross

Just curious Ross, how did you manage to record it on your DVR? We tried and it was blocked, so recorded it on DVD instead.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 20, 2012 15:49

latebloomer
Ross

Ross

Just curious Ross, how did you manage to record it on your DVR? We tried and it was blocked, so recorded it on DVD instead.

I have AT&T Uverse (which usually sux) and I fully expected the recording feature to be blocked. I was quite surprised when I hit the record button and it actually recorded! I guess it just depends on the cable provider. I have certainly gotten more than my $50 worth!

Ross

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-20 15:51 by Ross.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 20, 2012 17:01

stonesrule
StonesTod is the only intellectual in this thread. Leave him alone!

everybody always leaves me alone. no fair.

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: December 20, 2012 17:14

Been catching up with the PPV, and some observations:

Gimme Shelter was just great all round, and Lady GaGa did an excellent job, vocally & visually. Those of you getting sniffy about her attitude & look are just confirmation of the great circle of life, and have forgotten the Stones' origins.

Doom & Gloom. Not bad, but I think Mick's vocals suffered from him playing the guitar. Forgettable.

One More Shot is just completely dire, and has nothing to commend it. Lowlight of show in my opinion.

Rambler is my favourite bit. Still seems under-rehearsed, but exciting to watch. MT clearly enjoying himself immensely. It's Ronnie's generosity which strikes me. MT seemed to take a backseat later on to let Ronnie have a go, yet Ronnie swept him back into it. Lovely to watch!

I was struck at how Honky Tonk sounded like a poor pub band doing a cover. Best left out if it sounds like this.

Miss You (a song I really like) is OK. Darrell's bass solo reminds how much Bill is missed. No criticism, but Bill is a higher level on this song. Shame he didn't do it in London.

Ronnie plays excellently throughout. He & Keith are not overly 'refreshed', and have great focus. Mick seems slightly out of breath sometimes, but who can criticise that? He is still a superb performer.

I can watch until mid January when it auto-deletes from my Sky box. not bad for a tenner methinks. I do hope for a blu-ray release, with pieces from all the shows.

Dayo

PS the out of tune crowd singer mentioned previously is disappointingly prominent in Miss You!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 20, 2012 17:38

Dayokay
the out of tune crowd singer mentioned previously is disappointingly prominent in Miss You!

I will be watching the re-broadcast of the PPV on the tv tonight... I sure hope it wasn't me.. but if it was, I won't say...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2012 17:57

flacnvinyl
Start Me Up - They should open up every show with this just to get it out of the way. I can't even begin to count how many times I hear someone in the audience say "here we go" when Keith hits the opening riff. As if the show hasn't started til they hear that.

Maybe those are anti-warhorse Stones fans and that is the opening salvo of the end of the show!?

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: December 20, 2012 18:07

Schillid,
Who is rebroadcasting the PPV tonight? I was at the show but would like to see the PPV if it's supplied by my cable carrier. Thanks

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 20, 2012 18:37

oldfan
Schillid,
Who is rebroadcasting the PPV tonight? I was at the show but would like to see the PPV if it's supplied by my cable carrier. Thanks

verizon

Date: December 20, 2012 18:43

schillid
oldfan
Schillid,

verizon

My cable carrier Cox Communications, is rebroadcasting several times over the next three days. Just check on your ppv cable channel.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 21, 2012 00:25

Anybody have any insight into when to expect the show to be released on DVD/Blu-ray?

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 21, 2012 04:41

thru and thru is correct,i was there both nights in newark,sound great,guitars way up in the mix,not bass,and jagger never sounded better and was never out of breath.

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: December 21, 2012 16:25

hope i wasn't that out of tune singer... well at least not on miss you...loved the reaction of keith and the crowd, i think he was emotionally moved at the mic

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 21, 2012 19:47

getdown
hope i wasn't that out of tune singer... well at least not on miss you...loved the reaction of keith and the crowd, i think he was emotionally moved at the mic

Me too. You can kind of tell, as he asks Pierre for his guitar. Very nice to see. Wish I was there for it. It sounded loud.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 35 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home