Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:21

Mick and Bruce

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:45

Great show. I envy those that saw it in person but I'm glad I ordered it on PPV. All the guests were good even Lady Gaga.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:52

stonesrule
Although Bruce didn't quite fit on "Tumbling Dice" there was something real real and special about him showing his enthusiasm about being on stage with The Rolling Stones!

The Joy of Music is just as powerful for "stars" as it is for the audience.

Played with Sir Paul and The stones. You could see he is a fan!

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:52

Fantastic show!! Lady Gaga very creap Lisa Forever!!

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:54

Great Show, watched live on PPV in OZ,
sorry but Lady GaGa,was a bad choice it wasn't her show and i'm not a fan of her's or him ?.
and does body language count for anything,
Jagger on Taylor-
1. the intro Mick Taylor,rather flat.
2. after Rambler Jagger didn't embrace him like the others
3. and at the bow with the entire performers MT in the middle,next to MJ everyone was arm in arm MT on MJ but Jagger did not place his arm round Taylor.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:58

Yeah, MJ didn't seem too buddy-buddy with anyone in the band. Not even a fake show of warmth with Keith,and keeping his distance from MT.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:10

Dean Hey yes I mber, I took this picture of Mick at Earls Court in 1976... I went to five concerts in the week - I seem to remember they did six and I missed one...!

"till the next time..."

Date: December 16, 2012 23:17

A farewell bow with Mick Taylor following the encores - nice to see him with the rest of the band again!

Date: December 16, 2012 23:24

I notice Mick walking away from him, thought it was weird.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:26

Give Mick a break.
You think you would do a better job?

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:28

I made an audience recording of this one too. It was a fantastic concert. Can't wait to see the PPV. My wife DVR'd it for me.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:30

Get Off Of My Cloud - Fun track. A little rough but Ronnie was playing beautifully. Guitars too low in the mix.

The Last Time - WEAK. LAME. This is one of my all time favorite Stones songs. The version in 97/98 was FANTASTIC. This was more like the original and had that jazzy/Ringo beat instead of the train-going-down-the-tracks pacing of the 97/98 version

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll - Just fine. Good warmup song.

Paint It Black - Great version.

Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga) - All about the vocals. Gaga did just fine but looked stupid and detracted from the song. Bad choice but I'm sure it added a few thousand viewers to the PPV.

Wild Horses - Why not Moonlight Mile? As Tears Go By?

Going Down (with Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer) - Great performance but they should have split this up! Put Mayer in the set on Respectable!! HE NAILED THAT.

Dead Flowers - I'll take it. Let It Bleed or Around and Around would have been far better.

Who Do You Love (with the Black Keys) - This was a wasted opportunity in my opinion. Almost any other song would have worked better, but atleast they did a blues. Did anyone else find it funny that Mick forgot that they played this with Bo Diddley?? And he said he thought it was the first time they had played it live! HA! Senior moment apparently. Probably one of those moments where fans remember it better than the musicians...

Doom and Gloom - Love it! Need more guitars in the mix! Sound guy loves Darryl more than Keef/Ronnie.

One More Shot - The song just isn't any good. Had It With You, Under The Radar, She's So Cold, anything would be better here.

Miss You - Tired of it. So very tired of it.

Honky Tonk Women - Great song, nothing new here tonight.

Before They Make Me Run - FANTASTIC. Keith, best version of this song I have ever heard. Hats off to ya.

Happy - Where is the Keith solo? Just a little lick, nothing serious. Really wanted him to tear this one up.

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) - HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT. Nuff said.

Start Me Up - They should open up every show with this just to get it out of the way. I can't even begin to count how many times I hear someone in the audience say "here we go" when Keith hits the opening riff. As if the show hasn't started til they hear that.

Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen) - Bruce did not add anything to this. Love to see him smile, but he did contribute. The fish dance at the end cracked me up though.

Brown Sugar - Great version, but the guitars are still too dang soft in the mix.

Sympathy For The Devil - The first Keith riff is the highlight. After that I'm bored. I know it remains a favorite for a ton of people, but I wish they'd play something different.

You Can't Always Get What You Want - Ronnie's solo is the only reason I listen to this song. The choir is just fine.

Jumping Jack Flash - Boring.

Satisfaction - Boring.

Seriously guys I LOVE this band, but I'll take the bootlegs of the show on the 13th with Around and Around and Respectable to this whole show. Apparently I can no longer be entertained by the same songs for every single show.

Date: December 16, 2012 23:44

stonesrule
Give Mick a break.

You think you would do a better job?

Doing what he does, nope Observations my friend from the show

Date: December 16, 2012 23:46

flacnvinyl
Get Off Of My Cloud - Fun track. A little rough but Ronnie was playing beautifully. Guitars too low in the mix.

The Last Time - WEAK. LAME. This is one of my all time favorite Stones songs. The version in 97/98 was FANTASTIC. This was more like the original and had that jazzy/Ringo beat instead of the train-going-down-the-tracks pacing of the 97/98 version

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll - Just fine. Good warmup song.

Paint It Black - Great version.

Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga) - All about the vocals. Gaga did just fine but looked stupid and detracted from the song. Bad choice but I'm sure it added a few thousand viewers to the PPV.

Wild Horses - Why not Moonlight Mile? As Tears Go By?

Going Down (with Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer) - Great performance but they should have split this up! Put Mayer in the set on Respectable!! HE NAILED THAT.

Dead Flowers - I'll take it. Let It Bleed or Around and Around would have been far better.

Who Do You Love (with the Black Keys) - This was a wasted opportunity in my opinion. Almost any other song would have worked better, but atleast they did a blues. Did anyone else find it funny that Mick forgot that they played this with Bo Diddley?? And he said he thought it was the first time they had played it live! HA! Senior moment apparently. Probably one of those moments where fans remember it better than the musicians...

Doom and Gloom - Love it! Need more guitars in the mix! Sound guy loves Darryl more than Keef/Ronnie.

One More Shot - The song just isn't any good. Had It With You, Under The Radar, She's So Cold, anything would be better here.

Miss You - Tired of it. So very tired of it.

Honky Tonk Women - Great song, nothing new here tonight.

Before They Make Me Run - FANTASTIC. Keith, best version of this song I have ever heard. Hats off to ya.

Happy - Where is the Keith solo? Just a little lick, nothing serious. Really wanted him to tear this one up.

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) - HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT. Nuff said.

Start Me Up - They should open up every show with this just to get it out of the way. I can't even begin to count how many times I hear someone in the audience say "here we go" when Keith hits the opening riff. As if the show hasn't started til they hear that.

Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen) - Bruce did not add anything to this. Love to see him smile, but he did contribute. The fish dance at the end cracked me up though.

Brown Sugar - Great version, but the guitars are still too dang soft in the mix.

Sympathy For The Devil - The first Keith riff is the highlight. After that I'm bored. I know it remains a favorite for a ton of people, but I wish they'd play something different.

You Can't Always Get What You Want - Ronnie's solo is the only reason I listen to this song. The choir is just fine.

Jumping Jack Flash - Boring.

Satisfaction - Boring.

Seriously guys I LOVE this band, but I'll take the bootlegs of the show on the 13th with Around and Around and Respectable to this whole show. Apparently I can no longer be entertained by the same songs for every single show.

somewhat agree with your comments here, Tired of the ones you mentioned.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:53

I'll try this link again - sorry Dean...!

[www.friendsreunited.co.uk]

Posted by: Dean ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:01

Starr
I'll try this link again - sorry Dean...!

[www.friendsreunited.co.uk]

LOL remember it like it was last night!

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:15

jazzbass
stonesnow
OpenGspot
Unfortunately, this is about as close as I saw Mick and Keith come to actually interacting during the entire evening. Really wish these two would find a way to patch things up!

Yes, the look on Mick's face says it all--that his relationship with Keith these days is purely professional and not personal. In the recent Nightline interview, Jagger was all smiles when discussing his exercise regimen, but soured to a reserved, almost tentative and frowning monotone when discussing Keith, mentioning that they have a "good...working relationship." Then Charlie also in the Nightline interview mentioned that their activity this year almost didn't happen. I think the IORR poster stonesrule was right when recently posting that Keith's Life memoir caused a lot more trouble and friction in the Stones' camp than they are publicly admitting to.

rolling eyes, I was in the pit (and close to the stage) for 2 of 3 shows I attended this tour and they interacted the whole concert long. Often smiling and exchanging a few words. I don't make out of that they are best friends, but there was zero indication of any tension whatsoever.

Sentimental old fool that I am I do hope M & K are getting on OK. I've always enjoyed the moments when they exchange a look or a smile.

To be fair haven't watched all the show yet but so far (up to I'm going down) Mick doesn't seem to have really interacted with the Stones much. They look a bit like his backing band.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:08

jazzbass
stonesnow
OpenGspot
Unfortunately, this is about as close as I saw Mick and Keith come to actually interacting during the entire evening. Really wish these two would find a way to patch things up!

Yes, the look on Mick's face says it all--that his relationship with Keith these days is purely professional and not personal. In the recent Nightline interview, Jagger was all smiles when discussing his exercise regimen, but soured to a reserved, almost tentative and frowning monotone when discussing Keith, mentioning that they have a "good...working relationship." Then Charlie also in the Nightline interview mentioned that their activity this year almost didn't happen. I think the IORR poster stonesrule was right when recently posting that Keith's Life memoir caused a lot more trouble and friction in the Stones' camp than they are publicly admitting to.

rolling eyes, I was in the pit (and close to the stage) for 2 of 3 shows I attended this tour and they interacted the whole concert long. Often smiling and exchanging a few words. I don't make out of that they are best friends, but there was zero indication of any tension whatsoever.

Who is "rolling eyes"? A new poster on IORR? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 01:09 by stonesnow.

Date: December 17, 2012 01:12

Wish I had the shot of Bruce giving Keith a kiss on the cheek - this is the closest I had, just missed it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:28

Fantastic photos, GS1978, fleabitmonkey, and bv.

OpenGSpot, interesting shot of Mick and Keith, bumping fists.
Do you remember what song that was from, or after?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:31

angee

Band introduction...introducing Keith.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:32

Also, so nice meeting a few of you at the shows!
I preferred the 13th, fewer distractions from guests, and then too,
I was in the pit. Apparently I made the screen a few times, ha.

"Going Down" was good on the 15th, and "Rambler", again terrific,
maybe even better. Seated on the side near L'Wren, I saw
Mick sing directly to her more than once, such as in "You make
a grown man cry". Ah, love.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:37

vodolngr
hbwriter
is brian ever shown on those screens?
Yeah, I saw him on the screen tonight, don't remember which song, but they had photos of the band from the 60s.

I didn't pay that much attention to the screens when I first watched it, but I'm re-watching it, and while I'm still not paying all that much attention, I did notice that during "The Last Time" there is a large group picture and Brian is in it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:39

Was worried when the show started, the first few numbers seemed slowed down and Vegas like at the same time. It wasn't until Gimme Shelter with a FANTASTIC Lady Gaga that things got kicked up another notch. She actually added an element of danger to a generally staid performance. And Charlie wasn't laughing at her in a negative way. I think we fascinated in an artistic way. He's certainly seen Mick look weirder than that over the years.

It was great that Mayer and Clark were there. But most AMAZING was Ron Wood snapping back at them with some incredible leads.

The Black Keys, what a waste. I think people have forgotten that Ronnie actually toured with Bo Diddley and Ronnie was the force in that song's performance last night.

Bruce seemed ill used.

Mick was incredible. He really pulled it together in those rehearsals. And yes, he was annoyed that the fan choice was Dead Flowers. So many good selections to choose from and that's what we got stuck with.

Charlie was the musical leader last night. He pushed those boys. Which brings me to Keith. It's a little sad. He can hardly string together enough notes for a lead. There are moments, like Jumping Jack Flash. But he's obviously not in the best of health. Look at his gut in that vest for christ's sake. I don't even enjoy his solo spots anymore. It's time they went away and were replaced by different songs. Maybe more touring would bring him around.

Chuck was good but played some inappropriate organ at times. Darryl is just the worst. A sideman laying down the bass line with no emotion at all. Even his 'solo' on Miss You didn't dazzle.

All in all a great show, watched on a huge HDTV screen with some good friends. Oh, shit, Mick Taylor. He was great. I still can't get over how animated he was. Where did this guy come from? And Doom & Gloom fit really well, the best 'new' song in a concert in some time. But One More Shot, please.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:40

angee
Also, so nice meeting a few of you at the shows!
I preferred the 13th, fewer distractions from guests, and then too,
I was in the pit. Apparently I made the screen a few times, ha.

"Going Down" was good on the 15th, and "Rambler", again terrific,
maybe even better. Seated on the side near L'Wren, I saw
Mick sing directly to her more than once, such as in "You make
a grown man cry". Ah, love.

Oh i would have like to have seen that!!!

Speaking of making it to the screen. In one shot last night, I saw a blonde woman wearing an IORR shirt. I feel like it was green, but I might be wrong. She was either in the pit near the tongue ramp, or right outside the pit near the tongue, I couldn't tell.

Was that anyone on here?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:47

this concert is wonderful. all the Mick- Keith stuff is petty compared to when they get going and rock, and Jagger I don't think is a grudge holding type of man.

Keith must be saying, through these performances- 'yes I got lazy, yes I trashed my friend, yes I jeopardized the band for years..

but he is laying it all out for this and is determined to raise his game, and the audience senses it..a huge relief that he's OK and playing well.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:02

This morning downloaded the show,and saw it,it was a nice effort by the band,but whats up with Mick motioning to the audience to clap all the time??.
Anyway a nice show,and Bruce showed why he is called "The Boss"...Also as someone else mentioned here before,very little interaction between Mick and Keith,its just business...drinking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:09

That blond woman was Angee, she was right next to the tongue with her IORR shirt....I was a few rows behind with my home-made Stones Long-Sleeve Shirt, hope I was on TV....Great show, great night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 02:12 by tommyquinn.

Date: December 17, 2012 02:17

angee

That photo was right before Keith does "Before They Make Me Run", so the song before it would have been HTW.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:43

Thanks for posting those great photos, especially the one of Mick Taylor in the air, mid stride...and the final bow with MT and old band mates. NICE! And cut out the negative crap!! Jagger did not diss MT. It was a superb performance. My only down spot was the Black Keyes. The rest was top shelf.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home