Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:46

ryanpow
treaclefingers
ryanpow
ohnonotyouagain
I don't care how good a guitarist John Mayer is, he'll always be the pretty boy dweeb who sang that crappy pop song "Your Body Is A Wonderland" to me. Can't stand him.

That's a John Mayer solo song, there's also the John Mayer Trio. They're really bluesy. Ive heard from somene who is a fan of Mayer that he does his solo pop stuff so that he can make money but doesn't really love doing it. To me that doesn't say much for his artistic inegrity. I enjoyed his contributions to the shows though, esp. the first night on Respectable.

No different than an actor who is also a waiter...gotta pay the billz.

That's not the same thing at all. He's put his name on this music that he doesn't even care about. That's not really art. At the very least he could stand behind his own work.

How do you know he doesnt care about it? Most musicians - the Stones included - are able to embrace different genres from the ones where they're best known. Charlie Watts prefers jazz and boogie woogie to rock n roll. Is his integrity shot to pieces because he plays with the Stones?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:51

TE
stonesnow
Was that BV in an IORR shirt in the front of the Pit during Satisfaction, stage right?

Think is was me if Ronnies side. Somebody told me.
BV was wearing his lovely jacket!
Oh well, 1-2 seconds of fame, LOL

TE
Oslo

Yes, it was Ronnie's side just a few places from the ramp--you had your hands on the top of the stage monitor.

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:52

This was by far the best moment of the evening for me - so happy to see MT having a great time with the rest of the band!

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:53

we watched the PPV last night on the 60" in HD with surround. The broadcast sound was a little sketchy at first, but improved quickly by the 3rd number.

Great night! Thought the band was in fine form, these guys are amazing.

(Anyone else catch it when Mick dropped his tissue and Keith picks it up, dropping it in front of the drums, where it sits till the next number, and he finally kicks it further? funny tidbit.)

Date: December 16, 2012 19:54

One more try!

Date: December 16, 2012 19:55

Sorry - finally have it now!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:01

ryanpow

treaclefingers

ryanpow

ohnonotyouagain
I don't care how good a guitarist John Mayer is, he'll always be the pretty boy dweeb who sang that crappy pop song "Your Body Is A Wonderland" to me. Can't stand him.

That's a John Mayer solo song, there's also the John Mayer Trio. They're really bluesy. Ive heard from somene who is a fan of Mayer that he does his solo pop stuff so that he can make money but doesn't really love doing it. To me that doesn't say much for his artistic inegrity. I enjoyed his contributions to the shows though, esp. the first night on Respectable.

No different than an actor who is also a waiter...gotta pay the billz.

That's not the same thing at all. He's put his name on this music that he doesn't even care about. That's not really art. At the very least he could stand behind his own work.

How do you know he doesnt care about it? Most musicians - the Stones included - are able to embrace different genres from the ones where they're best known. Charlie Watts prefers jazz and boogie woogie to rock n roll. Is his integrity shot to pieces because he plays with the Stones?

no, it doesn't mean that regarding charlie. I've heard that Mayer doesn't care about those hit songs he did. If this is true , it just seems cheap to me. It isn't like the Stones. Over the years from time to time they been ambivelent towards their own work, but in this case its differnt. there's nothing sublte about it.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 20:19 by ryanpow.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:14

OpenGspot

wow! Levitating Mick! Right on and thanks for sharing!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:16

OpenGspot

WHAT a great photo !! But is this real, Mick Taylor with his feet off the ground ? Extraordinary. So good to see this man back where he belongs. Mick Taylor, a ROLLING STONE !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:21

paulywaul
OpenGspot

WHAT a great photo !! But is this real, Mick Taylor with his feet off the ground ? Extraordinary. So good to see this man back where he belongs. Mick Taylor, a ROLLING STONE !!

looks like Ronnie has a invisible string and lifting him,, what a magician

Date: December 16, 2012 20:28

What I liked about John Mayer and Gary Clark was how they matched with their boots. (btw Junior got some big feet!)

I said it way before but Ron Wood was excellent last night. Whatever it was - sobriety, his stint with the faces, his new line in art, his independence - he is supreme in his world right now.
The guitars are back. But on their terms: not too loud, not too fast. that is why the Stones are not easy. It takes a bit of yourself in the mix to appreciate them. You got to bring some smarts and some joy on your end; you shake it all up, and you get the perfect Stones cocktail; the magic potion.
It's like the solos on a guest number: Clapton or John Mayer steps up and yes - the solo is brilliant; but you's recognize that from under a bus. Keith steps up, and you got to pay attention, and at the end he gave you the deep one.

Date: December 16, 2012 20:34

Unfortunately, this is about as close as I saw Mick and Keith come to actually interacting during the entire evening. Really wish these two would find a way to patch things up!

Date: December 16, 2012 20:37

OpenGspot
Unfortunately, this is about as close as I saw Mick and Keith come to actually interacting during the entire evening. Really wish these two would find a way to patch things up!

Very true. I saw that too. Because in the past, no matter what, you could always see Jagger's eyes darting towards Keith when it is time for a cue of some sort; even once the Vegas era had arrived.
But now Jagger will not look at Keith. Keith is watching Jagger though; quite a bit.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:40

OpenGspot
This was by far the best moment of the evening for me - so happy to see MT having a great time with the rest of the band!

AWESOME PICTURE!!! Glad to see it all worked out with the camerathumbs up

Date: December 16, 2012 20:45

Max'sKansasCity
OpenGspot

Thank you, Max - your advice worked perfectly!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:45

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:48

OpenGSpot, Fabulous photo...One of the best rock pix EVER!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:48

OpenGspot
Max'sKansasCity
OpenGspot

Thank you, Max - your advice worked perfectly!

I am delighted to hear thatsmiling smiley and delighted to see your results, AWESOME!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:12

OpenGspot

Yes, the look on Mick's face says it all--that his relationship with Keith these days is purely professional and not personal. In the recent Nightline interview, Jagger was all smiles when discussing his exercise regimen, but soured to a reserved, almost tentative and frowning monotone when discussing Keith, mentioning that they have a "good...working relationship." Then Charlie also in the Nightline interview mentioned that their activity this year almost didn't happen. I think the IORR poster stonesrule was right when recently posting that Keith's Life memoir caused a lot more trouble and friction in the Stones' camp than they are publicly admitting to.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:15

sanQ
Mick Jagger totally blew off Mick Taylor at the end when he had his arms raised.

Is Mick Jagger still going to be that full of himself? I sure hope not...I really didn't like that very much. Power tripping maybe.

Maybe he was a bit pissed of with him. Mick J didn't seem to like Mick T pushing into the line up between him and Keith.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:19

ChrisM
OpenGspot

wow! Levitating Mick! Right on and thanks for sharing!

Photo of the year!

I think MR got better each time they played it. Taylor was more integrated into the band every time. I think he danced for pure joy last night.

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:29

Great photo ..... the best.. thanks

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:43

Great Jumping photo! grinning smiley

That Jagger - Richards photo is loaded with mixed vibes.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:45

Great pictures - thanks guys! smoking smiley

Date: December 16, 2012 22:05

This is right before MT jumped in the air. These guys were having such a great time during Midnight Rambler, and they just killed it. It was the best version of the song I've ever heard!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:07

Wonderful! smileys with beer

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:09

stonesnow
OpenGspot

Yes, the look on Mick's face says it all--that his relationship with Keith these days is purely professional and not personal. In the recent Nightline interview, Jagger was all smiles when discussing his exercise regimen, but soured to a reserved, almost tentative and frowning monotone when discussing Keith, mentioning that they have a "good...working relationship." Then Charlie also in the Nightline interview mentioned that their activity this year almost didn't happen. I think the IORR poster stonesrule was right when recently posting that Keith's Life memoir caused a lot more trouble and friction in the Stones' camp than they are publicly admitting to.

rolling eyes, I was in the pit (and close to the stage) for 2 of 3 shows I attended this tour and they interacted the whole concert long. Often smiling and exchanging a few words. I don't make out of that they are best friends, but there was zero indication of any tension whatsoever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 22:10 by jazzbass.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:10

Ha! Look at Charlie's face! Great pic..

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:12

Thanks all for posting

fleabitmonkey some great Art pics!

cheers

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:17

Although Bruce didn't quite fit on "Tumbling Dice" there was something real real and special about him showing his enthusiasm about being on stage with The Rolling Stones!

The Joy of Music is just as powerful for "stars" as it is for the audience.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home