Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 24, 2012 02:06

Kurt
GADAWG
stonesrule
Nice to hear from the girls! CindyC, Angee and Proud Mary. Enjoyed your varied (!) comments.

Love the word "tedious".

Once again, the world knows that Jagger is the best front man of all.

And now they're seeing a sober Ronnie and Keith. It's a beautiful sight.

I to enjoyed Saturday night, but the event seemed different to me. It wasn't until I read this post, that this was the first time I had seen the Stones sober.

After years of party which approached almost a half-gallon a day. In 2006 I called it quits. I had a major health event right after seeing the Stones in Foxboro.

They are the greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world.

Well Done, GADAWG
Sobriety Rocks!

I have finally just watched the PPV play. Paid $39.99 and it started a half an hour in and it wasn't in HD. so I re-bought @ $49.99 for HD so I could record the entire show.

What the hell That was still cheaper than seeing the on December 13th in addition to Saturday night.

As I said this was a different sounding Stones show than I had experienced before. As you can see I blamed it on sobriety.

Well it was not only that, I guess my hearing is also shot at my age and after hearing the PPV in my living room at several hundred decibels I realized that I could not hear the guitars except a muffled sound behind Charlie’s drums and the bass.

Last Saturday was also the first time since 94, I had seen the show beyond a section A outside of the first 10 rows.

My conclusion is next show will take a lot more $$$ to be at least pit distance or take a few shots before I go in.

We'll try to have more money next time.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: December 24, 2012 11:04

Got mine off the net a few hours after the show, dont want to say it was free, that tends to upset some but I don't have pay tv, not that affluent. Mostly a good gig, maybe GA-GA and Bruce struggled a little but was still good to watch.Taylor was great, did a fantastic job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-24 11:08 by lapaz62.

Posted by: hodouvodo ()
Date: December 31, 2012 03:38

Hello to all, this was # 68 lifetime-show/ concert of the GREATEST R'nR Band in the World, you know it!!!! I still don't have my copy of the PPV, anybody have any leads? I Collect everything Stones, esp. the boots and videos...let me know, I was there, My first time seeing Mick Taylor (should have, back in '72 Norfolk, Va, at least), saw them my first time back in '75 at Hampton Coliseum, among my best shows were the Beacon, and my wife says this was the best Stones show she's ever seen...I say the Beacon was..or Charlottesville, Va. was!! Sweet Virginia..forever..please tour on...but, don't let us your die-hard fans go OVER the Fiscal Cliff on seeing FUTURE SHOWS, PLEASE!! we're old farts now, too, ya know..woo-woo.....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 2, 2013 00:37

... sorry if this has been asked somewhere in the 37 pages, but rewatching this show with friends last night
we were weeping from laughter at the extra voice that made it into Miss You.
It sounds like someone turned on an audience mic way too early without warning the hapless person standing right by it
that their irrelevant offkey ohhwoooweeee woahawoo sounds would be broadcast loud & clear all over the planet for posterity

All insights and/or true confessions welcome :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-02 00:39 by with sssoul.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 2, 2013 06:09

with sssoul
... sorry if this has been asked somewhere in the 37 pages, but rewatching this show with friends last night
It sounds like someone turned on an audience mic way too early without warning the hapless person standing right by it
that their irrelevant offkey ohhwoooweeee woahawoo sounds would be broadcast loud & clear all over the planet for posterity

ha! I wouldn't admit it if I knew it was me...
I don't think we'll ever know who it was!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 2, 2013 07:09

Do you still want a copy? I have all 5 shows on DVD? PM me

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 2, 2013 11:01

hodouvodo

I still don't have my copy of the PPV, anybody have any leads?

If you have the VLC-Player, then here or here.

Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: stoneskris ()
Date: January 2, 2013 18:29

Hey Midimannz,

Please contact me at stoneskris@yahoo.com please?

Kris

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 2, 2013 18:46

midimannz
Do you still want a copy? I have all 5 shows on DVD? PM me
do you have barclay center on 12/8/12 would really love a dvd of that ?

Date: January 2, 2013 19:26

schillid
with sssoul

ha! I wouldn't admit it if I knew it was me...
I don't think we'll ever know who it was!

Maybe it was Charlie :E
No no, I mean: I wonder how it happened - they don't normally leave live mics strewn around the venue, after all!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 2, 2013 20:50

Our seats were right behind Bobby and Tim... At the front of our section (and others) there were microphones mounted at the tops of long poles:

Date: January 2, 2013 21:06

schillid
Our seats were right behind Bobby and Tim... At the front of our section (and others) there were microphones mounted at the tops of long poles:

Ahh so - thanks for the insight!
I shall now enjoy my mental image of someone in the upper tier leaning way forward and making ohhwoooweeee woahawoo sounds into that :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-02 22:33 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 2, 2013 21:43

with sssoul
schillid

Ahh so - thanks for the insight!
I shall now enjoy my mental image of someone in the upper tier leaning way forward and making ohhwoooweeee woahawoo sounds into that :E

... or maybe one of the poles tipped over

It was probably L'Wren. peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home