Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: December 21, 2012 21:38

It was sustained.Longer than I've ever seen. Touching moment...

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: December 22, 2012 00:05

oldfan
It was sustained.Longer than I've ever seen. Touching moment...

I was there also and the ovation waqs long and sustained, it looked like Keith had a tear in his eye. I need to check the PPV for that, sweet moment.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 22, 2012 01:20

Watching it right now on SVT1. 47" in HD. They are playing JJFlash right now. Will tape the re-run coming up in a week.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 22, 2012 01:25

Watching it again and I am really taken with Keith's version of Before They Make Me Run. Wow. Love it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 22, 2012 02:12

spsimmons
Watching it again and I am really taken with Keith's version of Before They Make Me Run. Wow. Love it.

as opposed to......elvis' version?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 22, 2012 02:24

StonesTod
spsimmons

Kindly leave Elvis outta this. He NEVER ran...

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: December 22, 2012 04:17

Munichhilton
StonesTod
spsimmons

Kindly leave Elvis outta this. He NEVER ran...

Elvis is going to appear in the next ppv

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 22, 2012 04:29

Finally hearing PPV of show, not too shabby!
I'm smiling a lot. "Going Down", very, very nice, in spite of
Ronnie's solo not coming through in the sound.

So glad I had the chance to see a couple of these shows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 22, 2012 06:05

I am surprised no one has mentioned the skull with a piece of his bone removed showing red inside. Great reference to the head injury and his treatment.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 22, 2012 07:26

Do you mean the skull on the guitar strap? It's the logo of Keith's record label:

Interesting that this was around for years before the palm tree incident - Keith must be a Fortune Teller.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:45

And I just dont care. I saw this on SVT yesterday and it didnt move me one bit. The only song was Rambler with Taylor. Still theres a problem with that one; the guitars sound like separate units. I know they're old but watching Ronnie "fool around" and Mick do his nasal Vegas singing again?

Promising to see Keith focus on the guitar and I bet he sounds better when I re-listen with earphones. How I wish he had really tried to communicate with Taylor on Rambler. Maybe he did and I could here Keith... My GF asked me why they sound like a bunch on grannies on downers. Once again I had to explain their 60s and 70s stuff, Keiths minimalistic God given touch, how Mick sang like a soul singer from hell- how f-ckin great they were. Every little lick, tone and phrase.

Btw I spotted BV (well deserved, should have said "BV, iorr.org") in the beginning and Justin (hehe, explains the pretty harsh tone these last months? cool smiley )

Date: December 22, 2012 12:48

OpenGspot

Sorry - finally have it now!

>grinning smiley<thumbs upthumbs up

Date: December 22, 2012 12:51

stonesrule
Give Mick a break.
You think you would do a better job?

Jagger was annoyed with Taylor getting a bit to relaxed, swaying his arms and that. It's Mick's stage, he runs the show 100%.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 22, 2012 14:41

Stoneage
Watching it right now on SVT1. 47" in HD. They are playing JJFlash right now. Will tape the re-run coming up in a week.

Thanks to Swedish TV, finally got to see it taped! Brougt back memories. Think I watched Dead Flowers 3 times. Only thing that was a bit of a drag was that they edited away some of the fun stuff between the songs.
Well, will get my USB stick tomorrow from the Norwegian one. And hope they did NOT mess with the LIVE broadcast. But, heck, Tnx Sweden Norway for showing it for free!!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 22, 2012 16:14

finally got to watch the PPV i taped last week and though the Stones were great i am so happy i was at the Thursday show instead of this one...too many guests!

Lady Gaga looked ridiculous in those shoes and seemed more into proving she could dance in them than she did about the song and Bruce seemed thrilled to be on stage with the stones but not necessarily to be on TV with them. He couldnt even bother to learn the words to Tumbling Dice, as he was reading off the teleprompter most of the time. It seemed to me like he was asked and felt compelled to do it, but really didnt want to be there.

Also the montage that played behind them for Dead Flowers was so out of place...if you were unaware that they were playing that tribute every night and had to find a place to fit it in you'd be left wondering why are the playing a country song during a tribute to rock legends?? It worked much beter during Around and Around on Thursday. They should have moved it to Who Do You Love for the PPV show, at least it would ahve made sense to see Bo Diddley while playing Bo Diddley!

But when you take all those extras away, the Stones themselves sounded great on this tour and lets hope Mick's comments about "seeing us again," refer to the as of yet unannounced 2013 tour!

Posted by: roby ()
Date: December 22, 2012 18:12

IMO, Keith is far better in 2012 than in 2006-2O07, but nothing to compare with 1989 or 1995, and of course with the Taylor and Stonesgold era.

Ronnie is still a limited solo guitarist. But he plays more and less fool around.

Jagger hum ? The best.

Date: December 22, 2012 21:21

roby
IMO, Keith is far better in 2012 than in 2006-2O07, but nothing to compare with 1989 or 1995, and of course with the Taylor and Stonesgold era.

yeah...i put keef somewhere between 1999 and 2002, right before his precipitous decline. so...watch out! so keef is indeed back - but not all the way back. you can never go all the way back. dylan said that.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 22, 2012 21:51

You can't repeat the past?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-22 21:58 by Erik_Snow.

Date: December 22, 2012 22:54

Erik_Snow

dylan can; but not us mere mortals. he's repeated himself on three straight records now.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 23, 2012 00:10

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

dylan can; but not us mere mortals. he's repeated himself on three straight records now.

Thought you'd reply with the rest of Summer Days lyrics. But yes, you're right. I think Tempest, despite a couple of nice moments, was somewhat of a deja vu; and not what I was hoping for.

Date: December 23, 2012 00:14

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

Thought you'd reply with the rest of Summer Days lyrics. But yes, you're right. I think Tempest, despite a couple of nice moments, was somewhat of a deja vu; and not what I was hoping for.

we need a new dylan. i hope for some auditions in the coming year.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 23, 2012 17:12

Redhotcarpet
stonesrule
Give Mick a break.

Jagger was annoyed with Taylor getting a bit to relaxed, swaying his arms and that. It's Mick's stage, he runs the show 100%.

How do youknow he was annoyed. What did he think og Gaga making a fool of herself

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 23, 2012 17:56

Over a week later and people are still talking about two things, Lady Gaga and Keith's playing. I thought Lady Gaga was the only spontaneous thing, in a good way, about the whole concert. Keith's playing has a l-o-n-g way to go to be anywhere near pre-fallin' out of a tree. Either he has really let his playing go in the 5-year hiatus, or maybe after all his troubles he can't get his health together enough to reach his former heights.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: December 23, 2012 19:53

well, they´re great and back again for one last round. they should keep it simple, like these 5 gigs. except for lady gaga (which means lady sh*t in german & i fully agree) everythings fine. they prooved that they can do it. and they´re really playing much better than on abb tour. well, they are slower in many cases but the concert will be longer winking smiley

Date: December 23, 2012 20:37

More Hot Rocks
Redhotcarpet
stonesrule
Give Mick a break.

How do youknow he was annoyed. What did he think og Gaga making a fool of herself

Gaga was amazing. Came in like a whirlwind and left in a crossfire hurricane!

Date: December 23, 2012 20:39

Redhotcarpet
OpenGspot

Sorry - finally have it now!

>grinning smiley<thumbs upthumbs up

Amazing! And they said it would never happen! Dreams do come true! At least for some of us!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 24, 2012 00:10

JumpinJackOLantern
More Hot Rocks
Redhotcarpet
stonesrule
Give Mick a break.

Are you kidding me? She acted like a jerk. She made a fool of herself. You could of gotten any drunken barfly to do the same thing. Probabaly the most embarrasing event live in the history of the Stones.

Date: December 24, 2012 00:34

More Hot Rocks
Probabaly the most embarrasing event live in the history of the Stones.

that's quite an accomplishment, if true. i should think congrats are in order...or something.

Date: December 24, 2012 01:28

More Hot Rocks
JumpinJackOLantern
More Hot Rocks
Redhotcarpet
stonesrule
Give Mick a break.

Are you kidding me? She acted like a jerk. She made a fool of herself. You could of gotten any drunken barfly to do the same thing. Probabaly the most embarrasing event live in the history of the Stones.

It was like two storms colliding head on! Mick and Gaga that is. She was made for this song.

Date: December 24, 2012 02:01

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow

we need a new dylan. i hope for some auditions in the coming year.

Keith will become the new Dylan when he hits 80.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home