Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 33 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 17, 2012 22:58

Keith's playing was monstrous (in a good way!)

Charlie was like a machine

Ronnie was superb

Mick Jagger is like a superhuman

Mick Taylor appearing was perfect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 15:10 by schillid.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 17, 2012 22:59

ohotos
TE
CindyC
Sorry if this has already been brought up, I must have missed it.

Did anyone else noticed that when Keith got up to the mic to do his set, he kept looking at his hands, as though he had stuff written on them that he wanted to remember to say? I was thinking he was going to say something about the shootings.

He got such a huge response though, bigger than normal it seemed to me, that it seemed he changed his mind, like he didn't want to lose the buzz, bring down the crowd.

Perhaps it was my imagination, but it seemed he looked at them a few times.

Didn't notice that one, but when Mick introduced Wild Flowers, he was looking down at the floor, hand to his heart (if I remember right). He's the man!

TE
Oslo

Wild Flowers? I missed that they played another new song spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

wisely, they did not play Dead Horses..

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 17, 2012 23:18

schillid
Keith's playing was monstrous

Charlie was like a machine

Ronnie was superb

Mick Jagger is like a superhuman

Mick Taylor appearing was perfect

You sound biased smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:07

angee
Actually, proudmary, I'm a huge Mick fan, not in the Keith faction you speak of, just making a little joke of the moment, from a close view in the live audience. Anyone who knows me can attest to my focus, just ask them. (See my signature photo below, for example.) From what I can see, many of us do appreciate more than one band member, at one time or another, or even at the same time, and we can empathize with those who like someone else more than our own favorite,
if we have one.

I strongly suspected at least one person would take offense at my brief comment above. From my vantage point, it's
really not 'here we go again', *not at all*, not this time, sorry about that, agree to disagree. I find that over-
stereotyping individuals often leads us to erroneous conclusions.

One reason I like the band is because of their sense of humor.

Fans against tedium unite! Ho, ho, ho.

I'm sorry I did not mean to offend you. The first part of my post was a response to your joke - of course I knew it was a joke, but this was only partly a joke. I thought that it is necessary to answer it seriously.
The second part was not addressed to you personally - I've just read posts on this thread and was surprised - after this show people noticed only as Mick didn't look in the right direction, didn't not embrace properly .... it's tiring, you know what I mean?

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:25

ohotos
TE
CindyC

Did anyone else noticed that when Keith got up to the mic to do his set, he kept looking at his hands, as though he had stuff written on them that he wanted to remember to say? I was thinking he was going to say something about the shootings.

He got such a huge response though, bigger than normal it seemed to me, that it seemed he changed his mind, like he didn't want to lose the buzz, bring down the crowd.

Didn't notice that one, but when Mick introduced Wild Flowers, he was looking down at the floor, hand to his heart (if I remember right). He's the man!

TE
Oslo

Wild Flowers? I missed that they played another new song spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:31

Green Lady

proudmary - I enjoy Ronnie, I appreciate Charlie, I admire, respect and enjoy the astonishing Mr. Jagger - but Keith I love, faults and all, and there's no doing anything about it. It's just a fact of my life, which does not require me to hate other members of the band.

Green Lady, you rock!
I have never seen a bias in your judgment of the band or individual Stones. I would like to be Richards's fan - then the time on this forum would be much more fun. If you notice people who are not ardent fans of KR don't post here very often

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:32

Nice to hear from the girls! CindyC, Angee and Proud Mary. Enjoyed your varied (!) comments.

Love the word "tedious".

Once again, the world knows that Jagger is the best front man of all.

And now they're seeing a sober Ronnie and Keith. It's a beautiful sight.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:44

Green Lady
Re CindyC's observations about Keith - yes, I noticed that and wondered what it was all about - the notes on the hands explanation didn't occur to me. He DID say later in his intro that he "ought to say something about all the people watching all over the world" (or something like that) so maybe it was that, and not the shootings, that he had the reminder for? Anyway, whatever it was, he was clearly too blown away by his reception to remember what he'd been supposed to say.

proudmary - I enjoy Ronnie, I appreciate Charlie, I admire, respect and enjoy the astonishing Mr. Jagger - but Keith I love, faults and all, and there's no doing anything about it. It's just a fact of my life, which does not require me to hate other members of the band.

Well said, Green Lady.

proudmary, thank you so much for your post, I appreciate it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:51

Vocalion
ohotos
TE
CindyC

TE
Oslo

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:12

proudmary
angee
Actually, proudmary, I'm a huge Mick fan, not in the Keith faction you speak of, just making a little joke of the moment, from a close view in the live audience. Anyone who knows me can attest to my focus, just ask them. (See my signature photo below, for example.) From what I can see, many of us do appreciate more than one band member, at one time or another, or even at the same time, and we can empathize with those who like someone else more than our own favorite,
if we have one.

I strongly suspected at least one person would take offense at my brief comment above. From my vantage point, it's
really not 'here we go again', *not at all*, not this time, sorry about that, agree to disagree. I find that over-
stereotyping individuals often leads us to erroneous conclusions.

One reason I like the band is because of their sense of humor.

Fans against tedium unite! Ho, ho, ho.

I'm sorry I did not mean to offend you. The first part of my post was a response to your joke - of course I knew it was a joke, but this was only partly a joke. I thought that it is necessary to answer it seriously.
The second part was not addressed to you personally - I've just read posts on this thread and was surprised - after this show people noticed only as Mick didn't look in the right direction, didn't not embrace properly .... it's tiring, you know what I mean?

Yes, and I'm at least nominally in the Keith "faction". The show was terrific. Mick was spectacular. The band sounded great together and both Mick and Keith are very, very pleased with it all and with everyone involved.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:19

TeddyB1018
and both Mick and Keith are very, very pleased with it all and with everyone involved.

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 18, 2012 02:04

duke richardson
ohotos
TE
CindyC

TE
Oslo

I should never type too early in the morning, LOL.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 18, 2012 02:23

duke richardson

Axl Rose forbade them to do so...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 18, 2012 02:52

Green Lady
Re CindyC's observations about Keith - yes, I noticed that and wondered what it was all about - the notes on the hands explanation didn't occur to me. He DID say later in his intro that he "ought to say something about all the people watching all over the world" (or something like that) so maybe it was that, and not the shootings, that he had the reminder for? Anyway, whatever it was, he was clearly too blown away by his reception to remember what he'd been supposed to say.

Very well said, Green Lady. I love them all too, but Keith does tug at my heartstrings a bit more than the others, probably because he is such a glorious f-up, like many of the men in my life. smiling smiley
I'm glad I am still in NYC, it's a good distraction since I am feeling a bit down now that it's all over. Thank you BV for this wonderful site; happy holidays to everyone and here's hoping for a Stones-filled new year!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 18, 2012 03:09

doubledoor
Great Great version of Satisfaction.

It really was. Very deserving of a second look.
And pay special attention to Keith--- The man was kicking serious ass.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 18, 2012 04:06

Finally watching the concert. The one thing I notice is that there is hardly any crowd noise, even in between songs. Great concert by the way. Could do without all the guests.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 18, 2012 04:21

stonesrule
Nice to hear from the girls! CindyC, Angee and Proud Mary. Enjoyed your varied (!) comments.

Love the word "tedious".

Once again, the world knows that Jagger is the best front man of all.

And now they're seeing a sober Ronnie and Keith. It's a beautiful sight.

I to enjoyed Saturday night, but the event seemed different to me. It wasn't until I read this post, that this was the first time I had seen the Stones sober.

After years of party which approached almost a half-gallon a day. In 2006 I called it quits. I had a major health event right after seeing the Stones in Foxboro.

They are the greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 18, 2012 09:21

proudmary
Green Lady

Green Lady, you rock!
I have never seen a bias in your judgment of the band or individual Stones. I would like to be Richards's fan - then the time on this forum would be much more fun. If you notice people who are not ardent fans of KR don't post here very often

That's interesting - because there have been times over the past couple of years when it hasn't been fun at all - in fact quite painful to be a "Keithie" on this board. I guess we both have that extra thin skin when "our" Stone is attacked, and I admire the way you leap to Mick's defence in the face of unjustified criticism. Let's hope we'll have plenty more chances to see both of them back in action this coming year.

Date: December 18, 2012 09:35

To be a "Keithie" doesn't mean you can't be a "Mickie" as well smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 18, 2012 12:08

DandelionPowderman

Now that sounded "Goofy"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 18, 2012 12:08

DandelionPowderman

Or a Stonie

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 18, 2012 13:45

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

Now that sounded "Goofy"

Bring Goofy out of this, he's far to clumsy to be a Stone...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 18, 2012 15:46

DandelionPowderman

Haha, and vice versa.
DandelionPowderman

But what about Donald? I hear he once did a Mick impersonation. <insert smiley>

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 15:48 by angee.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 18, 2012 15:53

I actually kind of enjoyed hearing Bruce on Tumbling Dice. I am not a fan of the boss and was not excited about the amount of guests, but after watching it again, Bruce wasn't too bad. Gary Clark Jr is someone im going to keep an eye on. His music is amazing.

Date: December 18, 2012 16:17

angee
DandelionPowderman

Haha, and vice versa.
DandelionPowderman

But what about Donald? I hear he once did a Mick impersonation. <insert smiley>

I think Donald still has the juice to rock it up, LOL! He has a bad temper, though, we can't afford a WWIV...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 18, 2012 16:59

"what are you, f*cking Pluto?"

Family joke.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 18, 2012 18:12

CindyC
"what are you, f*cking Pluto?"

Family joke.

lol... we all know someone who's f*cking goofy!

Posted by: GrandToad ()
Date: December 18, 2012 18:14

So far because of this tour I've purchased Florence + The Machine's latests, and Gary Clark, Jr's latest. Both are very good recordings.

See now I have something else to blame on the Rolling Stones.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 18, 2012 18:28

what a show .wow.i was very happy to see Mick Taylor back with the stones.killer midnight rambler.i was screaming with ecstacy for dead flowers .one of my all time favs.the Boss was awesome on tumbling dice ,awesome voice that the Boss has,i would have liked to have both the Boss and Mick Taylor for more than just one song each.the stones played so good all of them .i was so happy !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: December 18, 2012 19:30

TheGreek
what a show .wow.i was very happy to see Mick Taylor back with the stones.killer midnight rambler.i was screaming with ecstacy for dead flowers .one of my all time favs.the Boss was awesome on tumbling dice ,awesome voice that the Boss has,i would have liked to have both the Boss and Mick Taylor for more than just one song each.the stones played so good all of them .i was so happy !!!!!!!!!!

I liked Springsteen too on TD. And I was real happy to see Taylor -- it kinda completed my life as as Stones fan. Before They Make Me Run and Paint It Black were really great. Also dug Get Off My Cloud. The whole show was enjoyable.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 33 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home