Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2013 22:15

Dan
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
I would be willing to bet that Mick Jagger himself would not pay $1500 for a ticket to see any band....

...and yeah yeah, blah blah, I know he would probably get guest listed...
but still, I bet he has never, and would never, pay anywhere near $1500, or even
$600 to see a band play live. He would probably scoff at the mere notion of such a suggestion.

I think you're missing the bigger picture here Max.

I think most people here, including Mick (not that he's here) would proclaim that the ONLY band worth paying $600 is the stones.

With that said, why would Mick pay $600 to be in the audience to see the stones play... without him?

It just doesn't make sense.

The usual reasoning among band management is "If you can afford to only go to one show a year, it should be our show."

If anything this is causing me to spend more money. I have been trying to cut back on the amount of $10 shows I go to because even that adds up to a fortune if you go out several times a week but now it's like "If I am going to spend hundreds on the Stones, surely I can spare $10 for the Itchy Pissholes."

I've seen them spray before....not to be missed.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:15

Max'sKansasCity
I would be willing to bet that Mick Jagger himself would not pay $1500 for a ticket to see any band....

Nor would I. Well maybe Hendrix. But its time to think outside the box. You could apply for a job at the arena, say in concessions, show up then suddenly quit when the show started and run into the arena and watch the show for free.

I've seen them in Toronto and Buffalo for under $75 and watched the show near the stage. I'm satisfied with that and they were in much better form. For $1500 I would rather buy a first edition John Ruskin book from 1849. I would not pay $150 to hear that stale setlist from December.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 7, 2013 04:07

jackdog
The prices are sick no doubt but it's pretty clear this will be the last harrah so they want to get paid and make sure the support band and crew are taken care of one last time. The way I understand it the Stones got 20 million upfront and a line of credit for 20 mill more through the tour with a guarantee of 4 mill per show. Guess the take on their end will be at least 70 million plus. The promoter sets the price but the Stones really do with the mega upfront guarantees they are getting. Thats why Virgin got booted as couldn't make the numbers work and or get financing so it appears. Based on what I have read Jagger has a big issue with secondary ticket market and so it's clear with these obscene prices he has tried as well to stick it to them(and yes the fans) for the last tour. That said I got 2 very good seats in Chicago for 250 bucks each thru Citi promo. Not going to pay 600 though as seen them 10 plus times and nothing can top seeing them in the small club tour 10 yrs ago at Aragon Ballroom. Compromised but can't blame fans for being pissed but hey it's a biz...

Good logic to a point but Mick & Keith have $600 million dollars between them.
I'm not saying they need to pay to do shows but trying to grab as much cash out of what they think are their fans just shows they've become sadly out-of-touch with any kind of genuine inspiration.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 7, 2013 09:12

God U2 would never price gouge like that while using the $85 Fig leaf Ticket Gimmick for cover.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:10

GRNRBITW
flacnvinyl
@GRNRBITW - If I see you at a show (or if we're hanging in a bar while a show happens elsewhere), first round is on me.

offer accepted. just fax over your cc# to the bar i'm hanging out at.

Hey, can I get in on this offer. Tell me where to fax my cc# to!drinking smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:15

2000 LYFH
GRNRBITW
flacnvinyl
@GRNRBITW - If I see you at a show (or if we're hanging in a bar while a show happens elsewhere), first round is on me.

Hey, can I get in on this offer. Tell me where to fax my cc# to!drinking smiley

i will not bar anyone from this offer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 7, 2013 19:10

deadegad
God U2 would never price gouge like that while using the $85 Fig leaf Ticket Gimmick for cover.

U2 charged reasonable prices and were still able to make a fortune doing it. Of course, they had to play stadiums and they had to play a lot of them. Top price was $250. GA standing room in front of the stage was $55, and for each show, there were 10,000 seats priced at $30.

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:35

Well I can't argue with you that the prices are crazy and perhaps they don't care if they piss off fans at this point to get one last payout? They certainly don't seem to concerned about it in the press...

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:47

Thank You Kindly Rolling Stones,but you can go and F..k yourselves....

Hospitality package; $ 2,000.00
Tongue Pit Package $ 1,500.00
Gold hot seat Package $ 1,200.00
Silver Hot Seat Package $ 750.00

Hospitality Package
The Hospitality Package includes one premium reserved Price Level 1 Floor ticket, VIP entrance, pre-show buffet dinner - specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages) and wait staff service, exclusive merchandise item, official tour program, collectible lam
inate and onsite check-in staff

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:49

2000 LYFH
GRNRBITW
flacnvinyl

Hey, can I get in on this offer.
Tell me where to fax my cc# to!drinking smiley

If I win the lottery for any of these fabled sub-$300 seats we might have a blast in a major city...

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 8, 2013 06:23

TMONTANA
Thank You Kindly Rolling Stones,but you can go and F..k yourselves....

Hospitality package; $ 2,000.00
Tongue Pit Package $ 1,500.00
Gold hot seat Package $ 1,200.00
Silver Hot Seat Package $ 750.00

Hospitality Package
The Hospitality Package includes one premium reserved Price Level 1 Floor ticket, VIP entrance, pre-show buffet dinner - specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages) and wait staff service, exclusive merchandise item, official tour program, collectible lam
inate and onsite check-in staff

I hear you -- loud and clear.

Is that Cohl or Mick with the hose -- if it is Mick then it is definetly a hair weave!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:46

Gotta give credit to The Stones for selling 1000s of tickets for $85.00.

Any fan that wanted "in the door" could buy a $85.00 ticket today because there were plenty of these $85.00 tickets available, it wasnt a scam of only selling 10-20 tickets at that price... they sold 1000s of them. I am happy to know that they took care of people who were begging to be taken care of. Right on Stones, Right on!

Good for them. I give them huge props for this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 01:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:10

Blackdog
I am a real fan as well and sold my business and retired at 42. I won't pay 1500 for the tongue pit when I got the side of the stage for both Toronto and Chicago for 468.00 each. All four nights are row 8 or lower. To me, these are the best seats in the arena. I am only going because I am a Mick Taylor fan. He makes the band a little dangerous and on the edge, that's what I like when I see live music. It's the unexpected. They clearly started to gel together by the 4th show. Can't wait!

I'm happy for you, Blackdog. I'll get a vicarious thrill because you're at the shows...

I do agree about Mick Taylor. Did I mention that I saw him play in a small club in NYC last year? For all these years, Mick Taylor is one the main reasons I became a fan after he joined the band in 1969. I learned to play the guitar because of Mick Taylor (and Keith Richards of course). I was 12 years old in 1969 when my mom took me to see them at the Spectrum, along with my brothers and her friend and her kids. (How cool and prescient was that back then?)

I stayed a fan throughout the years without MT, and I always went to see the Stones once or twice on each tour when they came to town. Admittedly though, for decades some of it for me had been history... nostalgia.

But suddenly... The man was back. Mick Taylor is the main reason for me that I was so desperate to see the shows back in December. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one of $85 seats for Philly...

Date: April 12, 2013 18:12

I guess this is one thread Mick won,t be monitoring........smileys with beer

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:14

Captain Jack Sparrow
I guess this is one thread Mick won,t be monitoring......

Taylor or Jagger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-13 04:48 by schillid.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 13, 2013 02:59

Well the $85 mystery ticket is a bit of an olive branch but I reckon that came from the PR or Marketing dept.

So happy that not a single show has sold out due to the Rolling Stones greed!
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 20, 2013 04:31

Let me start off by saying that I am thrilled that the Rolling Stones have not sold out a single show in North America and they have nothing, but their never ending greed to blame for their poor ticket sales. What says rock + roll better than a $625 seat for a two hour show?

Don't get me wrong, I am a life long Stones fan who would be willing to pay a premium to see the Stones live in concert if I had a great seat.

That said, these greedy bastards are asking $3,502 for four tickets (one of those tickets is for a family member who is laying his life on the line as I type trying to take down a terrorist in Mass not a douchebag investment banker from JP Morgan who knows about three Stones songs) at the opposite end of the Boston Garden. Who in their right mind is going to pay that kind of money to sit a hockey arena away from the band and watch a screen?

Not only are sales at Ticketmaster going poorly, the secondary market is collapsing as well. Several ticket brokers in the New England area started off asking around $400 for the $85 dollar seats (worst seats in the building) they have had to cut their asking price in half this week as nobody is stupid enough to pay those prices for nosebleed seats...At the start of the week Ace Ticket in Boston was beyond arrogant in their asking price for Stones tix. They laughed at me when I told them I would never pay $400 for $85 seats. Today they called me back and told me they would sell me the same seat for $205. I told them I would buy it for $86 amd not a penny more.

If this is the last tour for the Stones they should be going out in a blaze of glory while at the same time thanking the fans who made them the legends that they are. Instead they attempted to take advantage of their fanbase with $625 seats at the opposite end of the arena.

How embarrasing it will be for the Stones if they play to half full arenas or simply have to give their tickets away to give the impression they can sell concert tickets at these prices because they prefer to play to the Deutsche Bank crowd...What happended to the counter culture "street fighting men"? I'm so disappointed that in the end the once mighty Rolling Stones turned out to be little more than the corporate culture they once rebelled against...The Rolling Stones are little more than corporate frauds these days.

Let me wrap up by suggesting that rather than waste $1,250 on two tickets at the opposite end of the arena you donate that money to a charity in memory of the hero police officers who lost their lives fighting for us this week or to the victims of the terrorist attacks in Boston...Unlike those ridiculous Stones tickets it would be money well spent.

P.S. I have no doubt in my mind the Stones would sell out every stadium in America if they had an ounce of respect for their fans (See McCartney/Springsteen) and charged reasonable prices.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 05:28 by James Kirk.

Re: So happy that not a single show has sold out due to the Rolling Stones Igreed!
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 20, 2013 04:39

And have you seen the rehearsal songs? Nothing but the same old, same old.

Re: So happy that not a single show has sold out due to the Rolling Stones Igreed!
Date: April 20, 2013 04:40

Let's drink to the hard working people...
Done with their Bullshit!!!
Hear dat Jagger?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 20, 2013 04:55

Whats Igreed?

Is that a step beyond what we know as money hungry?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 20, 2013 04:55

Go back into the catalog fellows, geepers

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:06

I agree with most of your comments JK, they have turned now in a kind of Rock'n'roll Bank, these Rolling Stones are no more my Stones since a while, but I still like them for what they have brought to music and in my life.
I'd just give up with all that big business circus in which they all have digged.
Sad ending indeed, I wish at least that the people who will go to the shows won't be dissapointed with some so-so shows, who knows, they can play like they did in the fall 2012, or miss the thing in 2013.
The setlist during the last rehearsals doesn't look very surprising too.I will get the forthcoming and predictable DVD box later in 2013 and it will be enough for me.To each his own...

It's no more rock'n'roll and I don't like it cool smiley

HMN

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:11

My I ask why the JP Morgan investmant banker is automatically a douchbag? That is about as ignorant a statement as I've read here in a while. Trust me the seats will sell.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:13

Someone needs to beam James Kirk back up, lol.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:28

Arenas will be packed and they will make a $hit load.
And yes...there will be another live album and DVD.
Business as usual.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:29

slew
My I ask why the JP Morgan investmant banker is automatically a douchbag? That is about as ignorant a statement as I've read here in a while. Trust me the seats will sell.

Are you unfamiliar with the financial crisis of 2008, or JP Morgan's numerous violations of US Government law? Or the incentive structure of investment bankers, where they are paid bonuses off of "profits" gained from taking advantage of the lower interest rate their firm can borrow money at thanks to US Government guarantees?

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:30

By show time, every seat for every show will be sold, your whining notwithstanding. Deal with it. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:34

I am well aware of the financial crisi of 2008. DOes that make every banker that works for JP Morgan guilty?? No, that is a stupid statement. you obviously listen to the press that does nothing but spread falsehoods that all rich people and all Wall Street people are somehow bad people. It is untrue. It is a large minority that give all a bad name.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:40

slew
I am well aware of the financial crisi of 2008. DOes that make every banker that works for JP Morgan guilty?? No, that is a stupid statement. you obviously listen to the press that does nothing but spread falsehoods that all rich people and all Wall Street people are somehow bad people. It is untrue. It is a large minority that give all a bad name.

I have lots of friends who work in the industry and understand it pretty well. Certainly don't listen to the press about the matter. The people are not douchebags, but their company's profits, and therefore their high bonuses, are paid to thanks to US Government guarantees. If they are sitting in the tongue pit, it's thanks to the US taxpayers.

Back to the topic at hand - the shows will probably sell out, I agree. The tickets will be dumped on regular corporate customers who will buy the tickets to entertain clients. I see it happen all the time - get offered world series tickets, super bowl tickets, etc for games and teams I don't care about. And for the Stones shows a bunch of people who don't care about the Stones are going to end up at the show as part of a business night out.

It's a bummer and I'm glad that the Stones and promotors are having to sweat a bit because the repurcussions of their pricing structure are exposed for all to see in that long list of available seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 05:41 by sonomastone.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:42

slew

You get the point I was trying to make. The Stones have gone corporate and prefer that type of audience to the real fans these days.

I agree that the tickets will sell,but how will they sell is the question. The Stones will have to paper the arena if they keep the tix at these levels. Or the tickets will be bought up by large corporations and given to their yuppie/boring employees who are not real fans, but may know Start Me Up or Jumping Jack Flash from memory.

Either way it's already an embarassment when you compare their sales to McCartney's. Macca banged out Fenway Park in minutes because he isn't attempting to rape his fans. There is nothing avaialble for his Fenway shows at Ticketmaster. On the other hand I can pull tons over grossly overpriced Stones tickets to both shows in Boston from Ticketmaster this very moment...It should be noted that McCartney is playing a venue that is twice as big as where the Stones are playing.

Bottom line is the Stones should embarrased of their greed and to a lesser extent to the fact that 1/4 of the Beatles is crushing them in concert sales...Way to leave a great legacy Mick.

P.S. As I stated before the only reason these tix aren't selling is their absurd cost. If the ticket prices were half way reasonable they wouldn't last five minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 05:44 by James Kirk.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home