Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed?
Date: November 22, 2012 17:31

liddas
DandelionPowderman
liddas
I was 100% sure that MT and BW would be joining on stage. I mean, it was the obvious conclusion of all the things I read here in the past year.

What is suspect is the timing of this "official" news.

I am quite sure that it has much to do with the tickets yet unsold ...

C

Apparantly, Taylor wasn't asked before yesterday if he would guest...

Sounds HUGE bs to me!

C

Ask Amsterdamned and MLC... I dunno

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 22, 2012 17:46

DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman
liddas
I was 100% sure that MT and BW would be joining on stage. I mean, it was the obvious conclusion of all the things I read here in the past year.

C

Sounds HUGE bs to me!

C

Ouch ...

C

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 22, 2012 18:23

liddas

C

The Stones have been paid. The tickets were sold. The band get the same amount whether there's 20,000 people in the building or 2,000.

The only people with unsold tickets are ticketmaster,a few secondary sites and some chancers on e-bay.

I seriously doubt the Stones' motivation for asking Mick and Bill to join them was due to pity for the plight of those people.

Who did you think they were talking about when they mentioned 'maybe some special guests' in their official announcement last month?

Date: November 22, 2012 19:03

Gazza
liddas

C

The Stones have been paid. The tickets were sold. The band get the same amount whether there's 20,000 people in the building or 2,000.

The only people with unsold tickets are ticketmaster,a few secondary sites and some chancers on e-bay.

I seriously doubt the Stones' motivation for asking Mick and Bill to join them was due to pity for the plight of those people.

Who did you think they were talking about when they mentioned 'maybe some special guests' in their official announcement last month?

Gazza, we are saying the same thing!

I know it was already planned and all that, and I know damn well that the Stones already got their bag of money.

What I am suggesting is only that TM and other related secondary sites asked the Stones organization to disclose the news now to help out sales.

C

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:11

Hope Mick Taylor won't be under-mixed in the sound like at Kansas City 1981.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:40

roby
Hope Mick Taylor won't be under-mixed in the sound like at Kansas City 1981.

I've only heard that one posted, Beast of Burden, a song he was probably totally unfamiliar with. I wonder if they let him stand out on any of the songs he created the lead for?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:59

Haven't read all posts in this thread but want to ask:

1) How many songs do you think Taylor and Wyman will appear on?
2) And do you think that happens to be on the same songs?
3) Or is there anybody who think they will be present on the entire shows?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 23, 2012 00:01

Thommie
2) And do you think that happens to be on the same songs?

Well the last number will be "Feed The World" so they will be on that for sure.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 23, 2012 02:26

steverogan
alimente
arthritis
It would be cool if mick invited clapton to play just to nail clapton's current wife after the show just to piss clapton off.thumbs up

It would be even cooler if you sent me YOUR current wife or girlfriend because I'm horny...RIGHT NOW...

Not necessary and uncool

Irony is spelt I-R-O-N-Y and sarcasm S-A-R-C-A-S-M, just for the record. Show me a better way to respond to such idiotic posts like the one from arthritis.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:32

Gazza
liddas

C

..Dick Taylor, Geoff Bradford, and Dick Heckstall-Smith.....

Date: November 23, 2012 03:40

liddas
Gazza
liddas

C

I know it was already planned and all that, and I know damn well that the Stones already got their bag of money.

What I am suggesting is only that TM and other related secondary sites asked the Stones organization to disclose the news now to help out sales.

C

well thats my point. The Stones dont owe these people any favours and there's nothing in it for them whatsoever. Why should they help them out?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 23, 2012 11:07

Gazza - I believe the number of attendees does matter in some way for the Stones as, as far as I know, merchandising is handled directly by them and not by the promoter. Right?

Obviously it is not that big money compared to the guarantee paid by the promoter.

Date: November 23, 2012 11:25

gwen
Gazza - I believe the number of attendees does matter in some way for the Stones as, as far as I know, merchandising is handled directly by them and not by the promoter. Right?

Obviously it is not that big money compared to the guarantee paid by the promoter.

That's a valid point, imo.

Posted by: Arron ()
Date: November 23, 2012 11:28

Not to mention the embarrassment of a half empty arena (which will never happen).

But surely the MT/BW announcement came just to build the buzz and to end the anticipation for NYC/NJ ticket holders that they might get the same treat.

8 and a half hours left of my working week then it's the weekend I've been waiting for (for 5 years, 3 months and 2 days) Whoo Whoo!

Date: November 23, 2012 11:31

liddas
DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman
liddas

C

Sounds HUGE bs to me!

C

Ouch ...

C

IMO, Taylor didn't wanna spill the beans either, or he was told to say he hadn't been conctacted - to create uncertainty about this "secret" as long as they could. That's gotta be it!

Date: November 23, 2012 11:44

Gazza
liddas
Gazza
liddas

C

C

well thats my point. The Stones dont owe these people any favours and there's nothing in it for them whatsoever. Why should they help them out?

It's not the Stones themselves, but the Stones organization.

Or the organization of the event (I do not know who is handling the communication)

I've worked with the organizers of similar events, with these kind of ticket sale strategy (general public + brokers), and I've seen these things happening in similar circumstances.

On the other hand, if the "official sponsors" are happy, the Stones very likely can charge a similar amount also for the 2013 tour.

They have very well paid communication consultants behind all this: the site, the app, interviews etc. Everything is disclosed is agreed in advance.

Taylor and Wyman were on board (officially or not, it doesn't matter) since a long time. Form the point of view of the ticket seller, this is an ace that can be played before the tickets are sold, to create the event, or at the event itself, for the benefit of the media. Unless shit happens (i.e. ticket sales don't match expectations).

C

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:20

With Mick Taylor, at least, a good guitarist with Keith on stage smiling smiley

Date: November 23, 2012 13:53

roby
With Mick Taylor, at least, a 2 good guitarist with Keith on stage smiling smiley

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 22:02

Taylor and Wyman were just announced now, a couple days before the show. As the NJ shows get closer, is there still a chance we get the same announcement and get to see these two as well? (Or at least Taylor, since Bill might not want to fly) Or do we just miss out here in the States?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 23:08

DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman
liddas

C

Sounds HUGE bs to me!

C

Ouch ...

C

IMO, Taylor didn't wanna spill the beans either, or he was told to say he hadn't been conctacted - to create uncertainty about this "secret" as long as they could. That's gotta be it!

As I understand it, Taylor was asked to join just about one day before the rehearsals. He was caught by surprise.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 24, 2012 02:26

But will they be in Newark??

Date: November 24, 2012 03:32

donvis

Taylor has a show in Spain on December 15

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: November 24, 2012 06:14

Gazza
donvis

Maybe it can be cancelled/postponed?

Date: November 24, 2012 06:17

SweetThing
Gazza
donvis

It was meant to take place this week. He only rearranged it a couple of weeks ago FOR December 15th.

I'm sure he could postpone it again, if it came to it.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: November 24, 2012 06:28

Gazza
SweetThing
Gazza
donvis

It was meant to take place this week. He only rearranged it a couple of weeks ago FOR December 15th.

I'm sure he could postpone it again, if it came to it.

Yeah. It's just particularly unfortunate that is the date of the PPV. The PPV should feature Wyman and Taylor.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 28, 2012 19:56

Well, I wasn't far off. Bill got two and Mick got one. Completely forgot the fan
love for Taylor's version of "Midnight Rambler". Wise choice.

Love the affectionate glances all around. This is what it's all about.

"We got together as school chums, started a band, and are still doing it."

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 28, 2012 21:22

A World Tour with The Rolling Stones as a 6-piece-band, that would be the absolute killer. All living Stones should be on stage as a big 'Thank You' for their world wide fans of the past 50 years!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home