Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed?
Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:47

Bliss
So happy to hear that Mick Taylor will be performing with the RS at last. I hope he blows everyone else off the stage.

thumbs up Source?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:16

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood will hit the stage at 8PM, with a set list packed with hits, classics, and one or two surprises.

There is no support act for these concerts, The Stones will perform for over two hours to deliver a stunning show to celebrate five decades treading the boards. Ticketholders are asked to make their way to the venue in time for this early Stones onstage time of 8pm.

Stones fans will be delighted to hear that Stones legends Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are confirmed as special guests for these London shows. This will be the first time they have performed with the band for over 20 years.

Source: [www.stereoboard.com]

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:14

Lien
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood will hit the stage at 8PM, with a set list packed with hits, classics, and one or two surprises.

There is no support act for these concerts, The Stones will perform for over two hours to deliver a stunning show to celebrate five decades treading the boards. Ticketholders are asked to make their way to the venue in time for this early Stones onstage time of 8pm.

Stones fans will be delighted to hear that Stones legends Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are confirmed as special guests for these London shows. This will be the first time they have performed with the band for over 20 years.

Source: [www.stereoboard.com]

Contact music and Gigwise have an article on this as well, hope this is actually true and not just an unfounded rumour

[www.gigwise.com]

[www.contactmusic.com]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:30

that sounds promising. We'll wait and see. Hopefully they do appearances on both dates.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:00

It's not a rumour it's in the news on the iPhone app !

Wow...Mick T. on "Gimme Shelter" and Bill on "Miss You" please ! Oh and how about "Time Waits for One" as the encore with Mick Taylor ! I know they haven't rehearsed it but that can probably still be done and wouldn't it be fitting...wouldn't be a dry eye in the house...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 15:02 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:03

gotdablouse

Wow...Mick T. on "Gimme Shelter" and Bill on "Miss You" please ! Oh and how about "Time Waits for One" as the encore with Mick Taylor ! I know they haven't rehearsed it but that can probably still be done and wouldn't it be fitting...wouldn't be a dry eye in the house...

Excellent (tu )I don't have the app and all of the articles I read did not mention it came from the app, so glad it is confirmed smileys with beer

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:12

Rollin92
gotdablouse

Excellent (tu )I don't have the app and all of the articles I read did not mention it came from the app, so glad it is confirmed smileys with beer
This sounds to me a bit that they added the app to sellout remaining tickets and to play full house.

Date: November 21, 2012 15:25

Taylor and Wyman: Damn! That crazy bell ringer was right all along!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 15:26 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:49

i guess the dvd will be there before christmas.
jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:55

Also confirmed on rollingstones.com
[www.rollingstones.com]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:55

Wyman and Taylor confirmed for London shows on the RS twitter, probably the reason why everything doesn't work, including Ticketmaster :/

Date: November 21, 2012 16:00

Rolling Hansie
Also confirmed on rollingstones.com
[www.rollingstones.com]

So it's official! Let's party!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:01

Jeezee...that's something...I wonder how many number they gonna do...I'm especially satisfied with Swedish television that's gonna show this...HORRAY for Captain Spalding!!!!

smileys with beer

2 1 2 0

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:06

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
ec is coming to austin in march...might have to break my self-imposed ban on paying for live music....it's a matter of religion...or something

Or, you could download a picture of EC, and just play an album while you watch your computer screen.

Effectively, the performance and the experience is the same.

i'm outsourcing my response to erik

THe EC concert I attended last summer was absolutely great - just incredible to see that guy standing there, completely focusing on his playing, completely unlike most "stars"....he doesn't give a damn about the clothes he wears or anything; and deliver what he does; what a feel that guy with his guitarplaying. And it surely isn't "just like the records". It's in concert EC comes to shine. One could complain about stale setlists though....if going to multiple shows. But the solos vary on every show.

Talked to a relative of mine, in the 50s, later that summer, whom I never met before.....he's playing guitar himself in a most slick "dance band" covering old hits from the 60s...commercial stuff, IOW! - he said....without me mentioning EC, that the most boring show he's ever been to was Eric Clapton, back in the 90s, and also this summer's show of 2011. "They guy was just grumpy....didn't say anything....looked like he'd loathed the audience....just wanted to get home to his luxury suite"....etc...etc....
Incredible that some people goes to a EC concert if they have no ears for what's being played. That's like complaining about a novel, based on the looks of the writer in the picture on the back-cover

you can see why i outsource my responses to erik on occasion; he's a more cost-effective alternative to my over-bloated blathering.

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:11

it s also on rollingstones.com

i just buy my ticket
for 25 ive got one for 29
it s like a dream stones with taylor and wyman

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:21

You won't notice Wyman on stage. Makes no difference. What will he play? Miss You? pee break time.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:00

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Date: November 21, 2012 19:02

More Hot Rocks
You won't notice Wyman on stage. Makes no difference. What will he play? Miss You? pee break time.

How about: When The Whip Comes Down?

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:33

I have understood that the Stones approached MT only yesterday and they are rehearsing today. Let's hope the good old days will be re-heard once more.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:38

Interesting, now please try to find out what they've rehearsed, TWFNO would bring the O2 to its knees I'm sure!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 20:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:41

More Hot Rocks

Perfect song for Bill and/or Eric Clapton.

Suck on the jugular.. HA!

j/k, both shows are going to be awesome... London will be the most sentimental and probably have the best overall song(s) played simply b/c MT will be playing them. EVERY fan wants to see that. But overall, I bet the PPV Newark show will be the most fun to attend. Remember, this is a 2 hour show, Beck and Clapton are not going to be the only guests. Where the hell is Jimmy Paige for Heart of Stone?
If you're a fan of the Rolling Stones, the London show is where we all want to be.
If you're a fan of music, then the Newark show will be awesome, but not as awesome from a Stones fan's perspective.
It's like watching your favorite sports team win the championship in a decent game versus watching another team win the championship in the most thrilling game ever... (am I making any sense here??)

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:42

Come On
Jeezee...that's something...I wonder how many number they gonna do...I'm especially satisfied with Swedish television that's gonna show this...HORRAY for Captain Spalding!!!!

smileys with beer

What will swedish television show?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:43

My dream coming through thumbs up

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:53

According the rehearsals i'll bet for :
Bill for the songs from the sixties (Be your man, Last time and Get off my cloud)
then
Mick T. for Gimme shelter and Love in vain or Moonlight mile

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 20:59

Not to take anything away from him, but Taylor plays nothing like the way he did when he was with the Stones. His version of CYHMK is very jazzy. I am very curious to see how this sounds but I fear anyone expecting a Brussels version of "Shelter" will be disappointed. Hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:04

I vote for Shine A Light. The snippet we heard when the Jimmy Fallon show was returning from commercial, with Taylor sitting in the house band, was fantastic.

Possibly the best I have heard from MT in decades.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:33

I have no doubt Wyman and Taylor will be confirmed for Newark as well...especially for the Dec 15th Saturday show. I mean come on, this will be on PPV and is the most high profile show of the entire mini tour...they'll be there

Clapton eh I can take or leave. Would never just see him live, he just seems to go through the motions on stage. I mean for once can you put some heart and feeling into Layla?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:39

chop
he just seems to go through the motions on stage.

...thru the motions of being one of the greatest guitarists on planet earth. i agree...

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:48

You know what I mean, the concert versions of his songs are extremely watered down elevator music type knockoffs.

And yes I'd rather hear Mick sing "Hey...You...Get-Offa-My-Cloud" instead of "Heyyou.......getoffamahclow" but Claption deviates so far from the album that it really ruins the song

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 21, 2012 21:51

To be fair Mick doesn't sing "Bra shuooa" anymore.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1188
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home