Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 20, 2012 16:57

Erik_Snow
I have an idea, guaranteed to please those who find Clapton and other great great musicians, "boring".

2 people on stilts dressed up as Ronald McDonalds and Captain Crook can join one song; they don't have to sing too much, they could mostly clap their hands (just like you) and walk around onstage while Rolling Stones play One More Shot

For Doom & Gloom, Gene Simmons or Bryan Adams will do the trick
....let the whole Winne The Pooh family come on the stage dancing for a song as well, maybe join the choir.....Sympathy For the Devil would be a good choice. They could throw out candies to you in the audience. Keith could do his SFTD solo ala Shine A Light, with...BALLOONS attached to his hair! Now what a show that would be! It will be the concert of your lives, for sure

After the show, a trip to a nearby tivoli, eating a bananasplit as the sun goes down. The BEST day you ever had!

that'd be a fun show to take the grand-kiddies to....then take them home...and head out to see ec play some killer down-home blooze.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:00

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Enough with the Clapton already.

not until you officially apologize on behalf of ec-bashers everywhere, even though you have nothing to apologize for. otherwise, no dice, buddy boy...

I'm not bashing him (others here have done a good enough job of that), I just find the entire Clapton-Beck-with-Stones angle sleep-inducing. What, they are all blues-based English musicians who started in the 60s, so it's a given that they should be talked about in the same breath? Give me a break.

you call this an apology?

No. I don't think God should appear with the Stones any more than Rod should.

have it your way...but this way we keep talking about clapton and now we get to add rod the mod to the mix.

Why not? Add the people who prefer Mac to Chuck and we can have our Faces reunion along with the Stones. Is Tetsu available?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 17:00 by 71Tele.

Date: November 20, 2012 17:08

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

not until you officially apologize on behalf of ec-bashers everywhere, even though you have nothing to apologize for. otherwise, no dice, buddy boy...

I'm not bashing him (others here have done a good enough job of that), I just find the entire Clapton-Beck-with-Stones angle sleep-inducing. What, they are all blues-based English musicians who started in the 60s, so it's a given that they should be talked about in the same breath? Give me a break.

have it your way...but this way we keep talking about clapton and now we get to add rod the mod to the mix.

Why not? Add the people who prefer Mac to Chuck and we can have our Faces reunion along with the Stones. Is Tetsu available?

tetsu is busy with the free reunion

Date: November 20, 2012 17:10

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

OK, another drumset next to Charlie's for Kenny Jones then. Or is Kenny spending his time poking needles in a Zak Starkey doll?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 19:08 by 71Tele.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:11

Funny how this guy steps on stage and Vegas Stones turn into a blues band again.
how awful.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:44

andrewt
Funny how this guy steps on stage and Vegas Stones turn into a blues band again.
how awful.

I was there...my first Stones concert.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 20, 2012 23:09

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

OK, another drumset next to Charlie's for Kenny Jones then. Or is Kenny spending his time poking needles in a Zak Starkey doll?

It was Roger Daltrey who pushed to get Kenny Jones out of The Who, so perhaps Kenny had a Roger Daltrey doll and was poking pins in the throat of it, which may have led to his recent vocal troubles.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:05

andrewt
how awful.

Yeah really. Nail head!

I have my doubts about Clapton though being asked to play with the Stones this go around.

If Mick was pissed at Keith over being dissed in Keiths book, Mick must really have a case of the a** over portions of what Clapton said about Mick in his book. Matter of fact I would be surprised if Clapton would play if asked.

Besides. Clapton has his own tour and another upcoming Crossroads Guitar Festival:

[www.ericclapton.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:15

1cdog
If Mick was pissed at Keith over being dissed in Keiths book, Mick must really have a case of the a** over portions of what Clapton said about Mick in his book.

Right now I can't remember exactly what it was that Clapton wrote about Jagger, apart from Jagger stealing his girlfriend in a most stalking way, in 1989. But nomatter what it was; I mean: if it was something more than that; I was also thinking, when reading, that Clapton would never be doing anything with Rolling Stones again.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:26

Erik, some stuff with Patti too as well as other issues.

As I mentioned previously, I wouldn't expect to see Clapton guesting with the Stones this go around.

Beck probably would jump at the chance if it was offered.

The only guests who SHOULD be guesting regardless of the venue is Wyman and Taylor. They are/were Rolling Stones.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:27

It would be cool if mick invited clapton to play just to nail clapton's current wife after the show just to piss clapton off.thumbs up

Posted by: king ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:28

Surely we don't need Clapton and Beck to appear with the boys.
On the other hand,if Taylor and Wyman even played just a few numbers,it would be,I suspect a dream come true for every genuine Stones Fan.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:33

arthritis
It would be cool if mick invited clapton to play just to nail clapton's current wife after the show just to piss clapton off.thumbs up

It would be even cooler if you sent me YOUR current wife or girlfriend because I'm horny...RIGHT NOW...

Date: November 21, 2012 02:36

alimente
arthritis

It would be even cooler if you sent me YOUR current wife or girlfriend because I'm horny...RIGHT NOW...

Very nice. Is this really the best we can do?

Date: November 21, 2012 02:38

king
On the other hand,if Taylor and Wyman even played just a few numbers,it would be,I suspect a dream come true for every genuine Stones Fan.

True, but at least when Clapton and Beck leave the stage after their respective guest appearances the rest of the show won't feel anticlimactic as it would when Taylor and Wyman depart the stage. Surely you would want them in for the whole set rather than just a couple of songs. In 1981 when Taylor guested in a show, didn't he stay for most of the show all the way to the end? Now especially hardcore fans might feel let down and even pissed off to see Darryl return after Bill leaves the stage.

Date: November 21, 2012 02:40

alimente
arthritis

You should really think about that a bit longer--his wife or girlfriend has "arthritis"... and very likely varicose veins as well.grinning smiley

Date: November 21, 2012 02:40

ec is coming to austin in march...might have to break my self-imposed ban on paying for live music....it's a matter of religion...or something

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:45

StonesTod
ec is coming to austin in march...might have to break my self-imposed ban on paying for live music....it's a matter of religion...or something

Or, you could download a picture of EC, and just play an album while you watch your computer screen.

Effectively, the performance and the experience is the same.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:46

alimente
arthritis

Not necessary and uncool

Date: November 21, 2012 02:52

treaclefingers
StonesTod

Or, you could download a picture of EC, and just play an album while you watch your computer screen.

i'm outsourcing my response to erik

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:09

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
I have an idea, guaranteed to please those who find Clapton and other great great musicians, "boring".

2 people on stilts dressed up as Ronald McDonalds and Captain Crook can join one song; they don't have to sing too much, they could mostly clap their hands (just like you) and walk around onstage while Rolling Stones play One More Shot

For Doom & Gloom, Gene Simmons or Bryan Adams will do the trick
....let the whole Winne The Pooh family come on the stage dancing for a song as well, maybe join the choir.....Sympathy For the Devil would be a good choice. They could throw out candies to you in the audience. Keith could do his SFTD solo ala Shine A Light, with...BALLOONS attached to his hair! Now what a show that would be! It will be the concert of your lives, for sure

After the show, a trip to a nearby tivoli, eating a bananasplit as the sun goes down. The BEST day you ever had!

Would never surpass the elephant on the 75 tour winking smiley

Forget a live show. Your description the best entertainment I've had in a long while! smileys with beer

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:21

stonesnow
king

True, but at least when Clapton and Beck leave the stage after their respective guest appearances the rest of the show won't feel anticlimactic as it would when Taylor and Wyman depart the stage. Surely you would want them in for the whole set rather than just a couple of songs. In 1981 when Taylor guested in a show, didn't he stay for most of the show all the way to the end? Now especially hardcore fans might feel let down and even pissed off to see Darryl return after Bill leaves the stage.

Both very true.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:29

Boston Strangler, good point, we came to see a Stones concert, not guests.
Then they shouldn't have any guests or any opening acts, but rarely would they go by that.
So considering who they are chosing for guests, I guess I am just relatively happy. It's
probably only for a song or two anyway, in the US.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:36

andrewt
how awful.

This

Very nice version of Little Red Rooster, liking the very bluesy piano on it too...but no matter all the versions I hear, nobody seems to make "the dogs begin to bark" and "hounds howl" better than the original slide by Brian Jones, he just knew how to make it sound perfect. Not sure if Mick Taylor has ever played it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:00

treaclefingers
StonesTod

Do not go to see Eric Clapton if you are not interested in his guitar playing. No guitar-god poses, no explosions, no dancing, no grimacing, no between song chatter.

I saw the Winwood Clapton show last year, and both guys just stood there on stage and played old Blind Faith and blues songs, zero stage presence. I loved it so much, I went back the next night.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:01

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

i'm outsourcing my response to erik

THe EC concert I attended last summer was absolutely great - just incredible to see that guy standing there, completely focusing on his playing, completely unlike most "stars"....he doesn't give a damn about the clothes he wears or anything; and deliver what he does; what a feel that guy with his guitarplaying. And it surely isn't "just like the records". It's in concert EC comes to shine. One could complain about stale setlists though....if going to multiple shows. But the solos vary on every show.

Talked to a relative of mine, in the 50s, later that summer, whom I never met before.....he's playing guitar himself in a most slick "dance band" covering old hits from the 60s...commercial stuff, IOW! - he said....without me mentioning EC, that the most boring show he's ever been to was Eric Clapton, back in the 90s, and also this summer's show of 2011. "They guy was just grumpy....didn't say anything....looked like he'd loathed the audience....just wanted to get home to his luxury suite"....etc...etc....
Incredible that some people goes to a EC concert if they have no ears for what's being played. That's like complaining about a novel, based on the looks of the writer in the picture on the back-cover

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 11:45 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:30

Clapton as an artist has not handled sobriety well. The cleaner he got, the blander his playing became. He already gave me plenty. If being sober makes him happy, then so be it.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:46

24FPS
Clapton as an artist has not handled sobriety well. The cleaner he got, the blander his playing became. He already gave me plenty. If being sober makes him happy, then so be it.

I prefer my musicians on the sh!t.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:50

So happy to hear that Mick Taylor will be performing with the RS at last. I hope he blows everyone else off the stage.

Date: November 21, 2012 10:54

Bliss
So happy to hear that Mick Taylor will be performing with the RS at last. I hope he blows everyone else off the stage.

I would be too, if it had been confirmed. It still hasn't.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home