Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Tayler, Wyman confirmed.
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:13

Naturalust
Forget Clapton, the Stones don't need his tired licks. But the Beck, Taylor, Wyman connections are getting me pretty excited. I only wish both Wyman and Taylor would be invited back into the fold for the remainder of The Rolling Stones. peace

Clapton is done. He's boring as mesh.

I don't know about Beck though. His guitar fart noises get old too.

Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed.
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:18

there are some exciting new breakthroughs in mesh, munich. don't be so dismissive.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:22

Munichhilton
Naturalust
Forget Clapton, the Stones don't need his tired licks. But the Beck, Taylor, Wyman connections are getting me pretty excited. I only wish both Wyman and Taylor would be invited back into the fold for the remainder of The Rolling Stones. peace

Clapton is done. He's boring as mesh.

I don't know about Beck though. His guitar fart noises get old too.

I think Beck would be incredible onstage with the stones. I've liked him all through his break out hit, "I'm A Loser"...

That boys got beats. I think he did peak with Odelay tho', truth be told.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:28

Naturalust

I agree 100%. Why in the hell would eric clapton be invited to play with the stones? That guy could put an insomniac on speed to sleep with his boring garbage. Jeff beck should be interesting though. I'm suprised they'd invite jeff because of his otherworldly skill level could upstage ronnie severely. Ronnie comes across as jeff beck's autistic stunt double when they play onstage simultaneously.

Date: November 19, 2012 18:41

VT22
I am sorry to hear that....

I forgot the smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:41

arthritis
Naturalust

I agree 100%. Why in the hell would eric clapton be invited to play with the stones? That guy could put an insomniac on speed to sleep with his boring garbage. Jeff beck should be interesting though. I'm suprised they'd invite jeff because of his otherworldly skill level could upstage ronnie severely. Ronnie comes across as jeff beck's autistic stunt double when they play onstage simultaneously.

Yeah.Boring.Right.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:44

Will Eric do any of his racist speechs or will he limit himself to only playing the guitar?

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:47

Stoneage
Will Eric do any of his racist speechs or will he limit himself to only playing the guitar?

I don't like his playing, but Clapton a racist? Please explain..

Date: November 19, 2012 18:48

andrewt
arthritis
Naturalust

Yeah.Boring.Right.

I found that to be typical eric clapton. Sterile and boring. He has no buisness being onstage with the stones. He belongs onstage with phil collins.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:49

I agree that Taylor and Wyman are the biggest deal here, but jeez, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton are major, major legends. Those two are nothing to whine about! I'm not even a big fan of either, but I'd still be psyched if they came on stage during my Stones show!! I am envious of anybody who has/ can afford a ticket to any of these 5 performances.

Date: November 19, 2012 18:54

arthritis
andrewt
arthritis
Naturalust

Yeah.Boring.Right.

I found that to be typical eric clapton. Sterile and boring. He has no buisness being onstage with the stones. He belongs onstage with phil collins.

C'mon man! I understand hating on Tears In Heaven and all that MOR shite, but the guy still has serious chops when he plays the blues. Mick Taylor, while a sentimental favourite for sure, pales in comparison these days.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:55

I've heard that alot of these "rumors" are being generated by the Stones camp,
but at least Mick Taylor has not "officially" been asked to play - period.

Checking with my contacts at the Taylor camp.. will advise if Taylor says
he has been asked and will play..

MLC

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 19, 2012 18:56

StonesTod
and then get taylor on with peter green and clapton for a bluesbreakers showdown. we don't even need no stinkin' rolling stones for this to be the best rolling stones ever....

smileys with beer

Date: November 19, 2012 18:57

MCDDTLC
I've heard that alot of these "rumors" are being generated by the Stones camp,
but at least Mick Taylor has not "officially" been asked to play - period.

Checking with my contacts at the Taylor camp.. will advise if Taylor says
he has been asked and will play..

MLC

maybe at the stones campfire they are just sending out smoke signals to mt's camp. does mt even have a camp?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:00

VT22
Stoneage

Eric Clapton

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:01

arthritis
andrewt
arthritis
Naturalust

Yeah.Boring.Right.

Clapton wouldn't make it one bar with Phil - although I like this hot stuff coverwinking smiley

Date: November 19, 2012 19:09

andrewt
arthritis
andrewt
arthritis
Naturalust

Yeah.Boring.Right.

C'mon man! I understand hating on Tears In Heaven and all that MOR shite, but the guy still has serious chops when he plays the blues. Mick Taylor, while a sentimental favourite for sure, pales in comparison these days.

I simply don't buy eric clapton's "blues." If anybody should actually HAVE the blues it would be mick taylor who exited the biggest band in the world to fade off into relative obscurity forever more. Phil collins and eric clapton were made for each other. They should duet on the phil collins supremes cover of "cant hurry love" and just grimace and pose until they become one.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:35

Stoneage
VT22
Stoneage

Eric Clapton

36 years ago..and he was off his trolley. Pretty sure he regrets this. Is Bowie still a fascist?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:39

exhpart
36 years ago..and he was off his trolley. Pretty sure he regrets this. Is Bowie still a fascist?

Depends. Is Keith still an alchie?

Date: November 19, 2012 19:40

arthritis

I simply don't buy eric clapton's "blues." If anybody should actually HAVE the blues it would be mick taylor who exited the biggest band in the world to fade off into relative obscurity forever more. Phil collins and eric clapton were made for each other. They should duet on the phil collins supremes cover of "cant hurry love" and just grimace and pose until they become one.

Oh dear. Well, the Stones rehearsed this one, so maybe Mick T & Clapton can have a guitar duel and settle this proper.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:42

Taylor has a camp? I thought he'd be luck to have a tent.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:44

Pretty shocking from EC but he was drinking heavily that night and was clearly out of his mind. I think he has shown more empathy towards other races since then. He's changed for the better no need to slander him on that front.

As far as his playing goes, he's not the one to guest with Further On Up the Road with the Stones, ....Maybe Keb Mo would do it for me but keep Eric in the audience with the rest of us. .... peace

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:45

Hi Friends,

I am the Stones Planet Brazil editor.

We just post what we read on rolling stone magazine website. The origimal text is here: [www.rollingstone.com]

I hope we can believe int the information.

all the best

Date: November 19, 2012 19:46

so much clapton bashing. this hurts. can we get back to bashing the stones, please?

Date: November 19, 2012 19:52

StonesTod
so much clapton bashing. this hurts. can we get back to bashing the stones, please?

Let's multitask and do both! Eric clapton should write a song called "carefully sculpted beard and eyeglasses blues" and keith could play the rhythm guitar in the wrong key. smileys with beer

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:55

If this is true I hope MT gets a chance to rehearse with the band on the few songs he will play on. We all hope he just does not show up and go onstage for a boring 12 bar blues cover. We all hope Mick and Keith do the right thing and treat MT's presence with respect for what he contributed during his stay with the band and let him do a song that he was involved with Sway, Moonlight, TWFNO or Winter, CYHMK.

play the guitar boy

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2012 19:56

jazzbass
Taylor has a camp? I thought he'd be luck to have a tent.

lmfao, he probably has to set it up himself too. But I love his playing still and he has done much for my ears. The possibly he will continue to do so with the Stones is a pleasing thought. peace

Date: November 19, 2012 19:59

arthritis
StonesTod

Let's multitask and do both! Eric clapton should write a song called "carefully sculpted beard and eyeglasses blues" and keith could play the rhythm guitar in the wrong key. smileys with beer

can ronnie add some bizarre-sounding guitar fills that sound like a 12-year-old warming up in dad's garage?

Date: November 19, 2012 20:01

OpenG
If this is true I hope MT gets a chance to rehearse with the band on the few songs he will play on. We all hope he just does not show up and go onstage for a boring 12 bar blues cover. We all hope Mick and Keith do the right thing and treat MT's presence with respect for what he contributed during his stay with the band and let him do a song that he was involved with Sway, Moonlight, TWFNO or Winter, CYHMK.

play the guitar boy

are you our newly appointed spokesperson?

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:02

The Stones expect former guitarist Mick Taylor (who quit in 1974) and founding bassist Bill Wyman (gone since '93) to come on board for the four shows, but only as guests on a few songs.

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

That quote was from the link Carlo posted. It says "for the four shows."

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home