Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:49

StonesTod
jazzbass
Munichhilton
arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo
arthritis, did Eric Clapton kill your brother or something? You seem to have an intense hatred for him. What did he ever do to you?

What did eric clapton do to me? His "safe" brand of soccer mom rock&blues has hounded me as it's piped into grocery stores i've shopped n all my life. Him& phil collins are two musical peas in a pod to me. Just crap that's piped into grocery stores.

Then do what I do--shop with your ipod on. Blast yourself some early Yardbirds, John Mayall, and Cream--then you'll think Clapton is god... or something.

Clapton is possibly god to the woman placing sour cream containers in the basket of her lark scooter in the dairy aisle at Food Lion as "lay down sally" plays over the store intercom. Because it reminds her she can't wait to get home and lay down.

Way too confusing and garbled.
Can't you sum up?

Clapton is fat chick music.

is that a bad thing?

Are you a fat chick?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:50

treaclefingers
StonesTod
jazzbass
Munichhilton
arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo
arthritis, did Eric Clapton kill your brother or something? You seem to have an intense hatred for him. What did he ever do to you?

What did eric clapton do to me? His "safe" brand of soccer mom rock&blues has hounded me as it's piped into grocery stores i've shopped n all my life. Him& phil collins are two musical peas in a pod to me. Just crap that's piped into grocery stores.

Then do what I do--shop with your ipod on. Blast yourself some early Yardbirds, John Mayall, and Cream--then you'll think Clapton is god... or something.

Clapton is possibly god to the woman placing sour cream containers in the basket of her lark scooter in the dairy aisle at Food Lion as "lay down sally" plays over the store intercom. Because it reminds her she can't wait to get home and lay down.

Can't you sum up?

is that a bad thing?

Are you a fat chick?

i need an answer to my question before i'm willing to reveal personal information

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:52

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
jazzbass
Munichhilton
arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo

Can't you sum up?

is that a bad thing?

Are you a fat chick?

i need an answer to my question before i'm willing to reveal personal information

I don't understand...does that mean you'll post a picture of yourself or not?!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:55

Where the hell is Big Al when you need him?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:09

The man has recently got hitched. I'd like to believe he's being kept busy at this late hour.

Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed.
Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:14

Erik_Snow
arthritis
Munichhilton
arthritis
StonesTod
so much clapton bashing. this hurts. can we get back to bashing the stones, please?

Let's multitask and do both! Eric clapton should write a song called "carefully sculpted beard and eyeglasses blues" and keith could play the rhythm guitar in the wrong key. smileys with beer

so much keith bashing. this hurts. can we get back to bashing Chuck, please?

The stones only invited clapton because chuck leavell wanted another boring white guy with a sassy beard to help him ruin the stones live sound.

It's funny that so many RS fans like to bash Clapton; calling his playing "sterile"....whatever that means. Especially funny when at the same time being a fan of a demented guitar-section such as ROlling Stones.
You can have your Keith and Ronnie of the 2010's - I'll take EC's playing over them anytime. Clapton is one of them old "stars" who still delivers brilliant enough to deserve the star-status.

Amen! Good post Erik.

Date: November 20, 2012 03:19

Gazza
The man has recently got hitched. I'd like to believe he's being kept busy at this late hour.

Fantastic

Good on ya Biggie!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:25

I thought Clapton's skills were becoming diminished (or at least his confidence in them) way back in 2002 when he passed on playing slide on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" during the Concert for George.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:36

stop putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:48

jazzbass
Munichhilton
arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo

Can't you sum up?

Watchit, sucka!

Re: Tayler, Wyman confirmed.
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:10

RollingStonesRob
Get Jimmy page onstage too so all three Yardbirds guitarists share the stage with The Rolling Stones.

Hey, great idea! Also, they could invite Chris Dreja and Jim McCarty and have a battle of the bands, with the winner to be awarded a permanent residency at the Crawdaddy Club [or whatever it's called now].

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:18

Well, maybe I'm breaking into more of a private discussion, arriving late to the brawl, er, I mean, party, but--

How fantastic that Mick T and Bill W would play in the London shows, if so! The best!!! I can only
turn green with envy from across the pond.

As far as Clapton and Jeff Beck, I wouldn't be too sad to hear either or both as guests in the US.
They sure beat most of the other guest artists that have played with the band. I hear tell each
was even considered to replace Mick T at one time. Both have played with Ronnie a number
of times, I know, in the last decade...

It's all good, imo.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:45

Is there any truth to the rumor that they're adding a second drum kit on this tour for phil collins to play alongside charlie?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:52

arthritis
Is there any truth to the rumor that they're adding a second drum kit on this tour for phil collins to play alongside charlie?

Umm . . . .don't quit your day job.

Date: November 20, 2012 05:11

stonesnow
carlostones10
Hi Friends,

I am the Stones Planet Brazil editor.

We just post what we read on rolling stone magazine website. The origimal text is here: [www.rollingstone.com]

I hope we can believe int the information.

all the best

This thread title is misleading, because it brings no actual new reports about Taylor and Wyman appearing--it was discussed a month ago. That said, it is highly likely that they will appear, because it would make no sense to have a tour that celebrates a historic anniversary without inviting historic figures as guests.

Don't understand all the Clapton bashing going on in this thread. Boring? I've been listening to some early Yardbirds lately, and his contributions to the mid-60s modernization of electric guitar style are as important as anyone's (likewise with John Mayall's Beano album). Clapton goes way back with The Stones, back to the 1963 Ealing Club days, and according to James Phelge's book Nankering with the Rolling Stones would even stand in for Mick Jagger onstage on those rare occasions when MJ couldn't make it to a gig.

His playing isn't boring. He is! But a good guy, though.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 20, 2012 05:41

arthritis

Yes. But it will be a folding, toy jazz kit. Oh, and Ray cooper will be there on ridiculously exaggerated tambourine as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 05:42 by jazzbass.

Date: November 20, 2012 09:39

MCDDTLC
vermontoffender
Taylor quit the Stones. Idiotic move.

From his standpoint, I mean.

I don't even like his playing all that much.

It would be difficult for me to care less about whether or not he joins the Stones onstage this year.

While I agree he did some fabulous work with the Stones, I attribute that more to the band than I do to Taylor. But, maybe that's because I'm a Stones fan.

I've seen Taylor solo live a few times; the shows were almost exhausting in their boredom.

Taylor ain't much without the Stones.

Happy Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Peace on Earth.

Well - Ver - I saw the Stones with Taylor and it was HE who made them a better band and I'm a Stones fan too - well amybe an OLD Stones fan

MLC

Of course Taylor made the Stones AND their new material at the time shine.

However, to say that it was he alone that made the Stones a better band, and not even mentioning the fantastic Mick Jagger in those years, is close to a crime, imo winking smiley

Date: November 20, 2012 09:42

Stoneage
To defend Clapton a bit: At least he doesn't need to have guitarists behind the amps filling in for him. And he seldom noodles, plays bum notes or air guitar, posing.
Mick can rely on him. Which is a rarity with the other guitarists. The same goes for Jeff Beck. Or every other guitarist...

You're thinking about Blondie? Then you got it all wrong.

Try The Edge instead...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:22

StonesTod
71Tele
Enough with the Clapton already.

not until you officially apologize on behalf of ec-bashers everywhere, even though you have nothing to apologize for. otherwise, no dice, buddy boy...

I'm not bashing him (others here have done a good enough job of that), I just find the entire Clapton-Beck-with-Stones angle sleep-inducing. What, they are all blues-based English musicians who started in the 60s, so it's a given that they should be talked about in the same breath? Give me a break.

Posted by: robv ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:35

arthritis
Wrong. There will be three drum kits, Carmine Appice will be there as well.

Date: November 20, 2012 11:43

robv
arthritis
Wrong. There will be three drum kits, Carmine Appice will be there as well.

What, no Ginger Baker? Maybe Jack Bruce could appear instead of Bill Wyman. Certain people here would seem to prefer to see Clapton than Mick Taylor (an actual Stone), so nothing would surprise me.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:50

Could we wish for Adolfo fito de la Parra for the third kit then....

2 1 2 0

Date: November 20, 2012 11:53

I heard if you buy the 8000 euro tickets which seating is located under the stage Brian Jones ghost will be conjured up and he will perform Little Red Rooster with the boys.

I would definitely consider the price for London tix to see Taylor and Wymann. It deters me to spend any cash to see Clapton and Beck with The Stones. No desire whatsoever and I like Clapton and Beck, but Iam there for a Stones show, not them. If I want to see them I would just go see them.

Date: November 20, 2012 14:26

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

not until you officially apologize on behalf of ec-bashers everywhere, even though you have nothing to apologize for. otherwise, no dice, buddy boy...

I'm not bashing him (others here have done a good enough job of that), I just find the entire Clapton-Beck-with-Stones angle sleep-inducing. What, they are all blues-based English musicians who started in the 60s, so it's a given that they should be talked about in the same breath? Give me a break.

you call this an apology?

Date: November 20, 2012 14:44

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

No. I don't think God should appear with the Stones any more than Rod should.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 20, 2012 14:54

I have an idea, guaranteed to please those who find Clapton and other great great musicians, "boring".

2 people on stilts dressed up as Ronald McDonalds and Captain Crook can join one song; they don't have to sing too much, they could mostly clap their hands (just like you) and walk around onstage while Rolling Stones play One More Shot

For Doom & Gloom, Gene Simmons or Bryan Adams will do the trick
....let the whole Winne The Pooh family come on the stage dancing for a song as well, maybe join the choir.....Sympathy For the Devil would be a good choice. They could throw out candies to you in the audience. Keith could do his SFTD solo ala Shine A Light, with...BALLOONS attached to his hair! Now what a show that would be! It will be the concert of your lives, for sure

After the show, a trip to a nearby tivoli, eating a bananasplit as the sun goes down. The BEST day you ever had!

Date: November 20, 2012 15:01

Erik_Snow
I have an idea, guaranteed to please those who find Clapton and other great great musicians, "boring".

2 people on stilts dressed up as Ronald McDonalds and Captain Crook can join one song; they don't have to sing too much, they could mostly clap their hands (just like you) and walk around onstage while Rolling Stones play One More Shot

....let the whole Winne The Pooh family come on the stage dancing for a song as well, maybe join the choir.....Sympathy For the Devil would be a good choice. They could throw out candies to you in the audience. Keith could do his SFTD solo ala Shine A Light, with...BALLOONS attached to his hair! Now what a show that would be! It will be the concert of your lives, for sure

After the show, a trip to a nearby tivoli, eating a bananasplit as the sun goes down. The BEST day you ever had!

Would never surpass the elephant on the 75 tour winking smiley

Date: November 20, 2012 16:49

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

No. I don't think God should appear with the Stones any more than Rod should.

have it your way...but this way we keep talking about clapton and now we get to add rod the mod to the mix.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 16:52

Erik_Snow

grinning smiley

Date: November 20, 2012 16:54

Erik_Snow

Pooh ain't touching this band after LIFE came out.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home