Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed.
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:30

MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC
I've heard that alot of these "rumors" are being generated by the Stones camp,
but at least Mick Taylor has not "officially" been asked to play - period.

Checking with my contacts at the Taylor camp.. will advise if Taylor says
he has been asked and will play..

MLC

maybe at the stones campfire they are just sending out smoke signals to mt's camp. does mt even have a camp?

Tod - Why do yuo have to be such an A-HOLE and try to insult Mick Taylor?
Your not funny and need to try a different approach.

MLC

if i try a new approach, will you try to spell better? it's only fair.

Re: Taylor, Wyman confirmed?
Date: November 19, 2012 23:37

Munichhilton
Besides...I thought this whole thread was about how bad Clapton is was will be...

clapton-bashing is a way of life here on iorr. i may start doing some of it myself if and when i get tired of bashing the stones.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:16

StonesTod
Munichhilton
Besides...I thought this whole thread was about how bad Clapton is was will be...

clapton-bashing is a way of life here on iorr. i may start doing some of it myself if and when i get tired of bashing the stones.

As long as we're unclear on where you stand I can see this working for you.
Would you say Chuck gets bashed more or less then Chuck's facial hair?

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:19

If eric clapton joins the stones on stage, chuck and eric's beards will become one, and the stones will then kick off "i've been lovin' you too long" as the beardlock rages on.

Date: November 20, 2012 00:21

arthritis
If eric clapton joins the stones on stage, chuck and eric's beards will become one, and the stones will then kick off "i've been lovin' you too long" as the beardlock rages on.

You don't suppose a re-emergence of the Richards stash is possible do you?

The horror

Date: November 20, 2012 00:26

Munichhilton
arthritis

The horror

It may make a brief appearance if he has a glass of milk before the show.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:34

Munichhilton
jazzbass
MCDDTLC
jazzbass
Taylor has a camp? I thought he'd be luck to have a tent.

Jazz - See my comment to StonesTod - ditto.

One of the reasons Taylor's in the financial shape he's in is due to the Glimmer Twins deciding to stop paying him his rightful royalities back in the 80's..
just because their newly hired blood-sucking management told them they could get away with it. Taylor always has considered they guys his friends and didn't sue.
Keith even told him, years later; I know we owe you....
So stop the insulting comments.

MLC

I think I see what is going on here...MLC... are YOU in fact Mick Taylor? (If so, are you available Dec. 24th to my birthday party?)

I blame Mick & Keith for my poor financial decisions too so this makes complete sense...

Well Munich - making poor decisions and someone taking what's rightfully yours $$ are two difference things - are they not? but that concept might be over your head..

MLC

Date: November 20, 2012 00:36

vermontoffender
Taylor quit the Stones. Idiotic move.

From his standpoint, I mean.

I don't even like his playing all that much.

It would be difficult for me to care less about whether or not he joins the Stones onstage this year.

While I agree he did some fabulous work with the Stones, I attribute that more to the band than I do to Taylor. But, maybe that's because I'm a Stones fan.

I've seen Taylor solo live a few times; the shows were almost exhausting in their boredom.

Taylor ain't much without the Stones.

Happy Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Peace on Earth.

Well - Ver - I saw the Stones with Taylor and it was HE who made them a better band and I'm a Stones fan too - well amybe an OLD Stones fan

MLC

Date: November 20, 2012 00:39

StonesTod
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

Tod - deal!! I'll spell check and you stop insulting Taylor and the world
will be a happier place.... happy thanksgiving..

MLC

maybe at the stones campfire they are just sending out smoke signals to mt's camp. does mt even have a camp?

MLC

Date: November 20, 2012 00:41

MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

MLC

MLC

Tod - Deal!!! I'll spell-check and you stop insulting Taylor & the world will be a better place - happy thanksgiving

MLC

Date: November 20, 2012 00:47

MCDDTLC
Munichhilton
jazzbass
MCDDTLC
jazzbass
Taylor has a camp? I thought he'd be luck to have a tent.

Jazz - See my comment to StonesTod - ditto.

One of the reasons Taylor's in the financial shape he's in is due to the Glimmer Twins deciding to stop paying him his rightful royalities back in the 80's..
just because their newly hired blood-sucking management told them they could get away with it. Taylor always has considered they guys his friends and didn't sue.
Keith even told him, years later; I know we owe you....
So stop the insulting comments.

MLC

I think I see what is going on here...MLC... are YOU in fact Mick Taylor? (If so, are you available Dec. 24th to my birthday party?)

I blame Mick & Keith for my poor financial decisions too so this makes complete sense...

Well Munich - making poor decisions and someone taking what's rightfully yours $$ are two difference things - are they not? but that concept might be over your head..

MLC

Way...and dammit, I thought you were gonna spell better...so much for that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 00:48 by Munichhilton.

Date: November 20, 2012 00:49

arthritis
Munichhilton
arthritis

The horror

It may make a brief appearance if he has a glass of milk before the show.

I think we're relatively safe then.
Unless Taylor suddenly decides a beard will make him play better

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:50

This is the thing: from a 'how it should be' standpoint, Taylor and Wyman makes sense, but from a musical perspective? Heck, I'm crossing the Atlantic! Those two guys are still alive and can play the crap of the chosen instrument. For the dosh paid-out, I would want to competent musicians. Not some fat bloke who's a pale of his former self of some doddering old grandad.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:51

MCDDTLC
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

MLC

MLC

Tod - Deal!!! I'll spell-check and you stop insulting Taylor & the world will be a better place - happy thanksgiving

MLC

Would that leave an opening for others to take over for StonesTod?

This board simply wouldn't be the same if we weren't trying to put at least someone in the band down.

Date: November 20, 2012 00:52

treaclefingers
MCDDTLC
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

MLC

MLC

MLC

This board simply wouldn't be the same if we weren't trying to put at least someone in the band down.

Its ok Tre

BigAl's handling the chores tonight.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 00:57

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
MCDDTLC
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC
StonesTod
MCDDTLC

MLC

MLC

MLC

MLC

Its ok Tre

BigAl's handling the chores tonight.

Thanks Mune, sometimes I feel like I have to be in 20 places at one time. It's good to know there are friends out there willing to fill in when needed.

Date: November 20, 2012 00:59

Big Al
This is the thing: from a 'how it should be' standpoint, Taylor and Wyman makes sense, but from a musical perspective? Heck, I'm crossing the Atlantic! Those two guys are still alive and can play the crap of the chosen instrument. For the dosh paid-out, I would want to competent musicians. Not some fat bloke who's a pale of his former self of some doddering old grandad.

Al - have you had a chance to listen to: Plunder my Soul?

Kinda think the guitar player featured on that "recent" number can hold his own
with Keith & Ronnie...

MLC

Date: November 20, 2012 01:06

Yeah but have you heard that Time Waits For No One....

Not the song...just the fact

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:37

MCDDTLC
Big Al

Al - have you had a chance to listen to: Plunder my Soul?

Kinda think the guitar player featured on that "recent" number can hold his own
with Keith & Ronnie...

MLC

But would he be ok standing behind the amps for his segment? There might be concern he doesn't fit the "look" of the band any more. FWIW, Stu was ok with this when he was asked.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:47

carlostones10
Hi Friends,

I am the Stones Planet Brazil editor.

We just post what we read on rolling stone magazine website. The origimal text is here: [www.rollingstone.com]

I hope we can believe int the information.

all the best

This thread title is misleading, because it brings no actual new reports about Taylor and Wyman appearing--it was discussed a month ago. That said, it is highly likely that they will appear, because it would make no sense to have a tour that celebrates a historic anniversary without inviting historic figures as guests.

Don't understand all the Clapton bashing going on in this thread. Boring? I've been listening to some early Yardbirds lately, and his contributions to the mid-60s modernization of electric guitar style are as important as anyone's (likewise with John Mayall's Beano album). Clapton goes way back with The Stones, back to the 1963 Ealing Club days, and according to James Phelge's book Nankering with the Rolling Stones would even stand in for Mick Jagger onstage on those rare occasions when MJ couldn't make it to a gig.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:51

Enough with the Clapton already.

Date: November 20, 2012 01:56

arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo
arthritis, did Eric Clapton kill your brother or something? You seem to have an intense hatred for him. What did he ever do to you?

What did eric clapton do to me? His "safe" brand of soccer mom rock&blues has hounded me as it's piped into grocery stores i've shopped n all my life. Him& phil collins are two musical peas in a pod to me. Just crap that's piped into grocery stores.

Then do what I do--shop with your ipod on. Blast yourself some early Yardbirds, John Mayall, and Cream--then you'll think Clapton is god... or something.

Date: November 20, 2012 02:00

andy js
Eric's music does nothing for me, maybe a little bit of Cream but that's it

I sincerely hope these gigs wont be filled with shitty unwanted guest spots. I've paid to see ROLLING STONES not some @#$%& cabaret shit

One whiff of a Clapton, a McCartney or any other old fart and i may well belly flop from the lower tier

Perhaps when purchasing your ticket you were looking at an old poster? 'Cause when The Stones hit the stage you're going to think it's Return of the Living Dead... or something.

Date: November 20, 2012 02:12

71Tele
Enough with the Clapton already.

not until you officially apologize on behalf of ec-bashers everywhere, even though you have nothing to apologize for. otherwise, no dice, buddy boy...

Date: November 20, 2012 02:19

stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo
arthritis, did Eric Clapton kill your brother or something? You seem to have an intense hatred for him. What did he ever do to you?

What did eric clapton do to me? His "safe" brand of soccer mom rock&blues has hounded me as it's piped into grocery stores i've shopped n all my life. Him& phil collins are two musical peas in a pod to me. Just crap that's piped into grocery stores.

Then do what I do--shop with your ipod on. Blast yourself some early Yardbirds, John Mayall, and Cream--then you'll think Clapton is god... or something.

Clapton is possibly god to the woman placing sour cream containers in the basket of her lark scooter in the dairy aisle at Food Lion as "lay down sally" plays over the store intercom. Because it reminds her she can't wait to get home and lay down.

Date: November 20, 2012 02:24

arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo

Clapton is possibly god to the woman placing sour cream containers in the basket of her lark scooter in the dairy aisle at Food Lion as "lay down sally" plays over the store intercom. Because it reminds her she can't wait to get home and lay down.

Way too confusing and garbled.
Can't you sum up?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:27

Munichhilton
arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo

Can't you sum up?

Clapton is fat chick music.

Date: November 20, 2012 02:29

jazzbass
Munichhilton
arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo

Can't you sum up?

Finally. Thank you.

Date: November 20, 2012 02:36

jazzbass
Munichhilton
arthritis
stonesnow
arthritis
GumbootCloggeroo

Can't you sum up?

is that a bad thing?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:42

To defend Clapton a bit: At least he doesn't need to have guitarists behind the amps filling in for him. And he seldom noodles, plays bum notes or air guitar, posing.
Mick can rely on him. Which is a rarity with the other guitarists. The same goes for Jeff Beck. Or every other guitarist...

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home