Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Date: September 4, 2012 19:57

crumbling_mice
Not another re-hash of the same old songs. FFS, they have reels and reels of outtakes and unreleased stuff and this is the best they can come up with. I wouldn't buy it if it were 20 pence. THe cover alone is enough to put me off. If this is what we have come to lads, then don't even bother rehearsing Start Me Up, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction and all the other done to death live songs, becuase I won't bother going to London town to listen to Chuck Leavell and the backing musicians churn out another series of vegas shows.

This was their last chance and their big chance to go out with a bang. Try soemthing a little different, shock us, inspire us, not bore us to death.

Try to exercise a little patience. The dominos are starting to fall. This is great news. Especially the two new songs. Lots more to come. They are just getting warmed up.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 4, 2012 19:59

this thread became the most GRRR one in only few minutes. You are all in Grrr condition like fans ready to Grrr in the stadium or arena. Soon.
For now I listen to Olympia 95 to forget this Grrr day.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:02

Buy the damm thing we need the money..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 20:04 by ROPENI.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:03

JumpingKentFlash
More news coming soon. This isn't disappointing to me. There'll be more stuff
later I should think. Ok, it's been done a million times over, but it IS their anniversary. We knew this was a greatest hits, and I'm excited about the new songs.

Exactly. We have a long way to go and much much more to look forward to. Mick is just working us all into a frenzy. I love to watch the master at work.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:05

Could they still change the cover and title?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:06

What is strange is the animosity and suspicion awaiting these two new tracks. It didn't help that the 4 new ones on 40 Licks were embarrasing at best. They'd only been apart 2 or 3 years, not 5 when those were recorded. And, now they're competing with the old Rolling Stones. Their last worthwhile songs have at their base rhythm tracks from '71 and '78, approximately. And the antipathy for their current studio rhythm section is well known.

It's obvious that Keith, even with a growing interest in his music at one point, has done nothing to preserve what listenable areas of his vocal cords still exist. Do you think it has improved since his last efforts? I think people are expecting a Mick 'Stonesish' song and a Keith ballad. After the likes of 'Don't Stop', and 'Losing My Touch', we can only be pleasantly surpised.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:06

Good song - One Last Shot - Keith has got the Riffs back yawning smiley))

We used to be so perfect
We came together fine
It seemed like a crime
This world so blind
We once created
More than a fairytale
Oh, how we shined
Not anymore

I sing for justice
Here we stand in time
Waiting for our one last shot
Shot to come in

This world so blind
We once created
Where faked, painted smiles
Felt so naked
I was blind without a stick
Taste of morphine on your lips
Made me sick

Never learned to love surprises
Respecting how we swore
Eye for an eye
Smile for a smile

When your wings are torn
The distance between right and wrong
Is too short
And it feels you got nothing
Left to lose
Sky above falling down
You feel abused

And I don't want it
No I don't want it
This endless mile
That we are walking
Waiting for one last shot
To come in
But we need it
Somehow we need it
This unknown that we're suffering for
Losing hold of what we were before

Where's the mercy?
When we needed the most
When can't hold on
I'll be ok
I'll be alright
Nothing can brake me down
No one can hurt me
As long as you say
That you'll stay
Another day
We used to be so perfect
We came together fine
It seemed like a crime

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:08

Gorilla, fangs, Brooklyn..
This is the poster for the Barclays Center shows in Brooklyn :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 20:09 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:08

this cover provokes an emotional response
people are talking about this cover
you can't ignore this cover
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:09

Max'sKansasCity
LOL.... maybe a perfect title for the gumpsters for the coming years... they'll be sitting there in the geriatric wing, grumping away, and the nurse will come by and ask if they would like to hear some music and the grumpster will just "GRRRRR!!!" .... and the nurse will know what they want winking smiley

Hah hah...hah. You really need some new material.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:09

24FPS
What is strange is the animosity and suspicion awaiting these two new tracks. It didn't help that the 4 new ones on 40 Licks were embarrasing at best. They'd only been apart 2 or 3 years, not 5 when those were recorded. And, now they're competing with the old Rolling Stones. Their last worthwhile songs have at their base rhythm tracks from '71 and '78, approximately. And the antipathy for their current studio rhythm section is well known.

It's obvious that Keith, even with a growing interest in his music at one point, has done nothing to preserve what listenable areas of his vocal cords still exist. Do you think it has improved since his last efforts? I think people are expecting a Mick 'Stonesish' song and a Keith ballad. After the likes of 'Don't Stop', and 'Losing My Touch', we can only be pleasantly surpised.

Looks like its doom and gloom from here.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:11

Gazza
RG
What a fantastic news.. NOT!

All those 'hints', app's, announcements for.. this? Shame on you, Stones!

To be honest, its people's own fault for getting their hopes up.

It was common knowledge and widely reported on every message board and in several newspapers that theyd be releasing a new compilation in November with just two new songs.

The hints and apps and teases etc were aimed at a generation that didnt grow up listening to the Stones and for whom a greatest hits release is reasonably exciting.

Their genuine fanbase, in contrast, was always going to treat this with one big collective yawn.

We have so much to be thankful for. The band is back together. They have recorded two new songs. Four live performances are in the works. The documentary, etc., etc. A new album next year and most likely a tour to follow. Why should anyone feel let down?

MightyStonesStillRollin50
71Tele
What does MightyStones50 have to say about this? We were told the "magic" would be revealed today. I don't call putting yet another compilation of the same old material out magical. The only "news" is that they could only be bothered to come up with half the new material as last time they did this.

Calm done, Tele. You should be thankful for what you got today. It could have been more, but Mick obviously decided to extend the foreplay a little longer. He knows what he is doing. If they are going to do shows in November then the announcement has to come at some point very soon. The autumn winds will soon be upon us. Keep the faith, there are many lovely things coming our way.

Sorry, Mighty, I'm not drinking the Kool Aid. More for you!

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
LOL.... maybe a perfect title for the gumpsters for the coming years... they'll be sitting there in the geriatric wing, grumping away, and the nurse will come by and ask if they would like to hear some music and the grumpster will just "GRRRRR!!!" .... and the nurse will know what they want winking smiley

Hah hah...hah. You really need some new material.

then it is you who admits...

Date: September 4, 2012 20:12

71Tele
71Tele
What does MightyStones50 have to say about this? We were told the "magic" would be revealed today. I don't call putting yet another compilation of the same old material out magical. The only "news" is that they could only be bothered to come up with half the new material as last time they did this.

Calm done, Tele. You should be thankful for what you got today. It could have been more, but Mick obviously decided to extend the foreplay a little longer. He knows what he is doing. If they are going to do shows in November then the announcement has to come at some point very soon. The autumn winds will soon be upon us. Keep the faith, there are many lovely things coming our way.

Yeah tele, Calm down.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:13

micawber
Max'sKansasCity
Made for GRRRUMPYFANS to complain about.. and it is working perfectly.
What exactly is it, that you find great about it?

He finds everything great. The Stones could literally put a turd inside a CD wrapper and he would find it great and attack anyone who questioned its greatness as "grumps".

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:13

The mix/sound of the 4 new tracks from Forty Licks is really their worst out of all of their studiorecordings. I hope the two new GRRR songs are recorded better.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:15

71Tele
micawber
Max'sKansasCity
Made for GRRRUMPYFANS to complain about.. and it is working perfectly.
What exactly is it, that you find great about it?

He finds everything great. The Stones could literally put a turd inside a CD wrapper and he would find it great and attack anyone who questioned its greatness as "grumps".
GRRRUMPY!!!

Posted by: phd ()

toomuchforme
this thread became the most GRRR one in only few minutes. You are all in Grrr condition like fans ready to Grrr in the stadium or arena. Soon.

Did the Stones ever announce a tour ( mini or long) via something else than a conference with lots of journalists ? Don't think so. Agree this was a Grrr day to say the the least.We were overspoiled during more than 40 years ( I skipp the 83-88 years). But such a hype for that . Waiting for more and as you sure it will come soon. Maybe they are linked by a contract.

wicked67
beautiful cover?eye popping smiley Horrible cover! horrible title grrreye popping smiley two new songs pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus the ten or twelve you will get on the new album next year. They could have retired. Show some appreciation.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:17

I bet Tony The Tiger is pissed today!

"They're Grreat, my ass."

Date: September 4, 2012 20:18

straycatuk
I expected to be under whelmed today, but this is taking the piss. That cover is an embarrassment . I think I'd rather walk down the street with a Gary Glitter album cover on show .

WTF has happened to our Stones. I thought Mick still had his head screwed on ? THEY HAVE LOST THE PLOT.

Does not bode well for their judgement on been capable of live shows.

SC UK

The cover is an attention grabber. Visualize it on a CD rack in the store.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:21

lunar!!!
Rik
That cover is just plain stupid

the cover, title, and concept are terrible,ridiculous, and boring ....in that order. what happened to these guys? oh yea, they got old....super-deluxe-collectors'-limited-edition-numbered-in a fancy box-for an outrageous price=two new tracks after 7 years.....the mind boggles.....i know i know ...'if you don't like it don't buy it'.....ok i won't...

Don't you get the cover? The Stones are the Gorilla's of Rock 'N Roll. Who rules the Jungle? King Kong!

Date: September 4, 2012 20:21

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
71Tele

Yeah tele, Calm down.

I am perfectly calm sir. You are simply mistaking critical differences of opinion we have for things which they are not. That is entirely your problem.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:22

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
71Tele

Yeah tele, Calm down.

I am perfectly calm sir. You are simply mistaking critical differences of opinion we have for things which they are not. That is entirely your problem.
Just calm down, you are over reacting, as usual.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:23

phd
toomuchforme

Did the Stones ever announce a tour ( mini or long) via something else than a conference with lots of journalists ? Don't think so. Agree this was a Grrr day to say the the least.We were overspoiled during more than 40 years ( I skipp the 83-88 years). But such a hype for that . Waiting for more and as you sure it will come soon. Maybe they are linked by a contract.

Yes. Lots of times. '78 for example. And several Euro tours in recent years.

Even the last Euro tour was done via a crappy webcast between Mick and one interviewer.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:26

seitan
One of the best albums they have ever done. Great cover - but I wont buy this,

I want more than two new songs.

You will get a new album in 2013.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:27

I like it.

Funny, good sense of humour, shocking . I love it.

Date: September 4, 2012 20:29

seitan
One of the best albums they have ever done. Great cover - but I wont buy this,

I want more than two new songs.

You will get a new album in 2013.

Why do you keep making predictions that you have no way of knowing will come true?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:29

rockenrohl
proudmary
It's sad,isn't it?

"The use of one of the most advanced forms of mobile technology currently around solidifies The Rolling Stones as one of the most innovative bands in the world and as relevant as they have always been".

They're pathetic and delusional if they think using foking upps make them relevant

That made me cringe so badly. They seem to be at the hands of a really shitty PR firm doing their oh-so-amazing app-shite. No way any of the Stones really use this app (or write these cringeworthy PR-texts) - this is all done for them. Which once again seems to me like they don't really care anymore.

What's really pathetic... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US could get a band app today. Musician or not. And could have for at least the last two years.

Let's read a bit of this, shall we?

These brand new recordings constitute the first time Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood have all been together in the recording studio since completing the exalted A Bigger Bang album in 2005, and follow on from the critically-acclaimed expanded re-releases of the historic 40th Anniversary live Madison Square Garden concert Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out in November 2009, and of two of their seventies masterworks, Exile on Main St., in May 2010, and Some Girls, in November 2011.

So, apparently they didn't record Watching the River Flow last year - with Bill Wyman.

Oh right, that doesn't count since it was on Eagle Records, not Unviersal. Gotcha.

Good thing they reminded us all of Univsersal's Annual Re-Release Project. You know a band is current and busy when they re-realease something every year.

Underwhelmed? Are you kidding? Two new songs! I am thrilled! This is one giant step forward to bigger and better things to come. Only the tip of the iceberg. Lots of lovely things ahead!

Oh shut your bloody cake-hole you ASS.

24FPS

I would say that it's obvious that Keith is now non-functional as a musician. He is the reason for no tour in 2012. He is the reason that this "band" is releasing 2 fricking songs instead of an entire album. two new songs in 7 years is all he can be a part of (expect throwing that awful four-note "boo-boo-BWEE-boo" solo garabge on the Dylan cover and hte "new" Exile/Some Girls stuff on which Mick actually WORKED on.

SO instead of getting something fresh from a 50-year-old band - like the Beach Boys - we're robbed of anything of value since 1/2 of the "songwriters" in the band have been sitting around with their arthritic thumbs up his ass. He checked out in the 70's with junk. Now he's been checked out since 2002 with... hanging around uselessly, NOT quitting, and holding ALL the others back.

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home