Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Date: September 4, 2012 23:07

Koen
Grrrrr...eatest Hits! thumbs up

Exactly! Glad to see I wasn't the only one to get this.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:08

What kind of stupid ass artwork is that? The title is even worse.

I'm embarrassed to be a Rolling Stones fan today.

Signed, with great disappointment,

CindyC

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:10

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Koen

That makes it much better. Thanks

Date: September 4, 2012 23:11

Tallpaul
Yet again the Stones promise so much and deliver so little
I'll still buy it, cause I'm a sucker
Quite sad really

Did they deliver with the Exile and Some Girls bonus tracks? I can't get enough of them.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:13

bv
I am the only one who is looking forward to the new album and the new gigs?

BV,
I am absolutely looking forward to the new album AND the new gigs.
Unfortunately, none of that has been announced today.

Thus the disappointment and frustration taken out on an iconic-mouthed Big Ape.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:15

There is no reason to be disappointed...they have to begin with "that" for their great return....

Posted by: Tallpaul ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:16

They 'promise' exciting news. big announcements, build up expectations, then fob us of with this?
Don't get me wrong I'm gratefull for the two new tracks but is this an approriate way to celebrate your 50th?

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:18

I for one love the cover and find its' purposely tasteless, irreverent gorilla picture and in-your-face with a do-it-yourself marker-pen graffiti-style font a cheeky and impertinent smirk at those pious, devotional souls awaiting some elegant, heavy-handed, reverential memorial repository of musical history.

Fvck that.

What is profoundly disappointing is the lack of creativity IN THE CONTENT. Imagine this cover as a sleeve for a cracking new album of 11 new and vital Stones songs...then the cover suddenly takes on a new connotation...the snarky, godless, saucy Stones are back and taking the piss out of you...

Instead we get 48 re-heated tracks any sentient being interested in Rock and Roll music already has in 19 different iterations / versions and only two new offerings. Did the world need yet another career-retrospective collection from the Rolling Stones? No. But it could have lived with it if done well (using 12" versions of tracks like Miss You, and rare alternate versions) and if it included 5-6 new songs that would give fans a reason to (emotionally and financially) invest in the present version of the band and what they have to say. 2 new tracks is an artistic embarrassment...a manifest testament to paralyzing creative laziness and dessication...to having become a pampered, over-leisured, grotesquely over-paid gaggle of old men living for decades off past glories and coasting luxuriantly on the wispy last fumes of long-vanished greatness...

What a letdown...

P.S. to MightyStonesStillRollin50: yes, The Rolling Stones Corp. has provided us with lots of great stuff of late...all of it in the form of releasing old material like fantastic, beautifully mastered old concerts, and releasing old songs that were left on the editing floor for classic albums, etc. and we are all grateful and totally turned on by it...but after 7 years of waiting for totally new material (not live releases from 35 years ago and re-worked old songs) it is frustrating to realize that these guys couldn't be bothered to even try to have something new to say in 2012...5-6 new songs that would point us in the direction they are heading with a new album in 2013...an artistic statement of purpose...anything...so please stop the Corporate Apologist Stooge act and go sit in the corner and eat your beans...whatever the Stones are paying you to play the Cheerleader-Troll is money wasted...go scratch your balls in the hallway and let the hardcore fans revel in their disillusion...

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:20

Came home from work, made a routine check on iorr – and I couldn´t believe my eyes. Still can´t.

The last HURRAY of the Geatest Band On Earth is named “Grrr“. A bad joke?

Saw them 6 times since 1990 and in the end I was tired on their safety-first autopilot on stage. So I didn´t go to see them in Cologne 2006.

Now I wish them back on autopilot – one last time!!

Give us one more album title in the good old tradition of “B+B“!

What about

“The Best for Bjornulf“

“Boots and Boobs“

“Bastards from Britain“

Some more suggestions?

Priest

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:21

I personally don't like the cover ......but that's my opinion.......I do like the name Grrrr (it's original I think, at least it's not a name or a number)
I do think they didn't released this record for me............not all their hits again from "Come On"...till "Streets of Love" ...let's wait for some surprises......;o(

I will ask my kids about the Cover...............if they like it or not (maybe I'm getting to old for this)

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:23

Virgin Priest

What about

“The Best for Bjornulf“

“Boots and Boobs“

“Bastards from Britain“

Some more suggestions?

Priest

What about Brrr Brrr!

Date: September 4, 2012 23:24

Harm
MightyStonesStillRollin50
Koen

That makes it much better. Thanks

You are more than welcome. That's what I am here for, to make things better.smiling smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:27

GRRR!eed

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:30

Koen

Now that is simply clutching at bananas......

SonicD

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:35

Date: September 4, 2012 23:49

Grrrr....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:49

there are some people that will like anything the stones do,or at least pretend that they do-i'm not one of them.

if this actually is the title,cover and record they're putting out they should be ashamed of themselves.

1.the title is idiotic,lazy,doesnt sound right and is just plain stupid.
2.there should be no "50 licks" its a rip-off and an insult to the fans who have stuck with them.if they have a couple of new songs that will just make it worse.micks lame mid-tempo rocker from last time was just half hearted and horrible only to be outdone by keiths latest sleeping pill replacement of a "ballad".
3.are we not supposed to notice they made one friggin record since "40 licks"?
and that one record bombed.
4.the cover sucks-its one of those "renowned artists " right? oh,i like it then.get real,this is like one of those guys that smear shit on a canvas and tell us its art.a child couldve drawn this thing.

i never thought i'd say this but-if this is all you got you're just not trying anymore guys,go home to your families and live out the rest of your years in retirement.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:50

Turd On The Run
I for one love the cover and find its' purposely tasteless, irreverent gorilla picture and in-your-face with a do-it-yourself marker-pen graffiti-style font a cheeky and impertinent smirk at those pious, devotional souls awaiting some elegant, heavy-handed, reverential memorial repository of musical history.

Fvck that.

What is profoundly disappointing is the lack of creativity IN THE CONTENT. Imagine this cover as a sleeve for a cracking new album of 11 new and vital Stones songs...then the cover suddenly takes on a new connotation...the snarky, godless, saucy Stones are back and taking the piss out of you...

Instead we get 48 re-heated tracks any sentient being interested in Rock and Roll music already has in 19 different iterations / versions and only two new offerings. Did the world need yet another career-retrospective collection from the Rolling Stones? No. But it could have lived with it if done well (using 12" versions of tracks like Miss You, and rare alternate versions) and if it included 5-6 new songs that would give fans a reason to (emotionally and financially) invest in the present version of the band and what they have to say. 2 new tracks is an artistic embarrassment...a manifest testament to paralyzing creative laziness and dessication...to having become a pampered, over-leisured, grotesquely over-paid gaggle of old men living for decades off past glories and coasting luxuriantly on the wispy last fumes of long-vanished greatness...

What a letdown...

P.S. to MightyStonesStillRollin50: yes, The Rolling Stones Corp. has provided us with lots of great stuff of late...all of it in the form of releasing old material like fantastic, beautifully mastered old concerts, and releasing old songs that were left on the editing floor for classic albums, etc. and we are all grateful and totally turned on by it...but after 7 years of waiting for totally new material (not live releases from 35 years ago and re-worked old songs) it is frustrating to realize that these guys couldn't be bothered to even try to have something new to say in 2012...5-6 new songs that would point us in the direction they are heading with a new album in 2013...an artistic statement of purpose...anything...so please stop the Corporate Apologist Stooge act and go sit in the corner and eat your beans...whatever the Stones are paying you to play the Cheerleader-Troll is money wasted...go scratch your balls in the hallway and let the hardcore fans revel in their disillusion...

AMEN!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 4, 2012 23:56

Good one, Max. There is a "White Album" and "Banana Album". Now we have "Gorilla album"... damn, I can't stop laughing. This is so absurd (in a positive way). Can't recall when the Stones have made me laugh so much!>grinning smiley<

At the record store:

- "Hmm... may I have one copy of that... hmmm.. grrrr"
- "Sorry, could you please repeat; I couldn't quite catch the title..."
- "GRRRRR"
- "Excuse me, sir, but are you alright?" [and waves the security man]

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 00:01 by Doxa.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:00

Not sure why I'm pissed off. They aren't forcing me to buy it. I suspect the new songs will be available to download.

I think it's not the fact that it is cynical (if I were celebrating 50 years of music I'd want a restrospective) it's that there's no effort for the fans. All those different formats and no rarities, videos etc. If you have a 2 disc version and a 3 disc version the latter is presumably aimed at the fans but where is the incentive to purchase?

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:00

Tallpaul
They 'promise' exciting news.

and at that time I joked: "what, a new t-shirt ?"

I wasn't that far...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:02

HMN

Date: September 5, 2012 00:03

Turd On The Run

Fvck that.

What a letdown...

Sorry, but you are going to have to accept two songs to point you in the right direction instead of five or six. Next year you will get a new album with at least 8-12 new songs. Hope you enjoy them.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:04

TooTough
Virgin Priest

What about

“The Best for Bjornulf“

“Boots and Boobs“

“Bastards from Britain“

Some more suggestions?

Priest

What about Brrr Brrr!

The Greatttttt Gorilla Roll Swindle.

What's Better a Tongue or a Banana?

And song wise......

Gorilla of Burden

Might As Well Get Bananaed

Have You Seen Your Gorilla Baby Swinging in the Rainforest?

The Gorilla and the Marketing Machine

One Beat To The Body

Dancing With Mr. G

I Don't Want To See His Face

Turd on the Cover

Vine Me Up

Down In The Watering Hole

Get Off My Frond

SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 00:26 by SonicDreamer.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:05

Id like to say that the pain of GRRR -- how many Rs? -- could be eased by downing a bottle of Rolling Stone Wine (now available at RS.Com ) but Rolling Stones Wine is also absurd. You might need some barbiturates too.

Curious about the two new tracks and the band lineup for the upcoming shows.

Date: September 5, 2012 00:06

lem motlow
there are some people that will like anything the stones do,or at least pretend that they do-i'm not one of them.

if this actually is the title,cover and record they're putting out they should be ashamed of themselves.

1.the title is idiotic,lazy,doesnt sound right and is just plain stupid.
2.there should be no "50 licks" its a rip-off and an insult to the fans who have stuck with them.if they have a couple of new songs that will just make it worse.micks lame mid-tempo rocker from last time was just half hearted and horrible only to be outdone by keiths latest sleeping pill replacement of a "ballad".
3.are we not supposed to notice they made one friggin record since "40 licks"?
and that one record bombed.
4.the cover sucks-its one of those "renowned artists " right? oh,i like it then.get real,this is like one of those guys that smear shit on a canvas and tell us its art.a child couldve drawn this thing.

i never thought i'd say this but-if this is all you got you're just not trying anymore guys,go home to your families and live out the rest of your years in retirement.

This record is not to please there fans...it'f for them who don't own a Stones record ...we had our releases from the faults ...Brussles....etc.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:10

emotionalbarbecue
People should see this issue through your lens....

It is a way of saying..."hey...no one is going to tell us how to make things nor sell a recording or anything....so shut your mouths whinners....off we go...."

My sentiments exactly. The blistering reaction here is odd, but "art" is funny that way.

Posted by: sjs12 ()

Ok so I can understand the disappointment at no new album or tour announcement. However, a lot of this is sown to false rumors and hopes. At the moment they are announcing this greatest hits collection but it was never going to cater to the likes of us. We can only hope that they will record a new album next year and announce a tour. In the mean time we have 2 New songs to listen to. In the last couple of years they have given a fair amount with exile and some girls reissues, plus DVD releases and bootlegs. If a band is not ready or inspired to record a new album then it will never be good. I just hope they get inspired next year and produce something amazing. In the meantime I like the album artwork and find the title quite amusing but I'm not going to get angry about it. Yes I had hoped for more but I am glad to get at least 2 new songs. Here's to next year.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()

bv
I am the only one who is looking forward to the new album and the new gigs

You are NOT!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:12

NICOS
This record is not to please there fans...it'f for them who don't own a Stones record ...we had our releases from the faults ...Brussles....etc.

Got some typo troubles tonight Nico >grinning smiley<

HMN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home