Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Date: September 5, 2012 00:15

lem motlow
there are some people that will like anything the stones do,or at least pretend that they do-i'm not one of them.

if this actually is the title,cover and record they're putting out they should be ashamed of themselves.

1.the title is idiotic,lazy,doesnt sound right and is just plain stupid.
2.there should be no "50 licks" its a rip-off and an insult to the fans who have stuck with them.if they have a couple of new songs that will just make it worse.micks lame mid-tempo rocker from last time was just half hearted and horrible only to be outdone by keiths latest sleeping pill replacement of a "ballad".
3.are we not supposed to notice they made one friggin record since "40 licks"?
and that one record bombed.
4.the cover sucks-its one of those "renowned artists " right? oh,i like it then.get real,this is like one of those guys that smear shit on a canvas and tell us its art.a child couldve drawn this thing.

i never thought i'd say this but-if this is all you got you're just not trying anymore guys,go home to your families and live out the rest of your years in retirement.

Well, this isn't all they've got. They are simply not done yet. Like I said, try and view the next ten months or so like one of their concerts. The show has just begun. Would you go to a concert and judge it by what took place in the first fifteen to twenty minutes? Of course not. If I was Mick I would be insulted by some of the remarks I have heard here today. Fortunately, he has much thicker skin than I do. Have a little faith. Mick isn't going to blow the ending to the Rolling Stones career anymore than he would blow the ending to one of their concerts.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:16

50 years after the beginning The Rolling Stones are always...SHOCKING !!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:17

jp.M
50 years after the beginning The Rolling Stones are always...SHOCKING !!!!

And they will do what ever they like.............................

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:20

just returned from work,speedchecking this thread and their site...

any informations about the bonus cd included in the super deluxe box yet ?

50 (80) licks could be expected....no surprise.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:26

um er i dont think so, they can keep it, another greatest hits album this is comical

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:28

I am disappointed...If they wanted make another compilation after ten years from "Forty Licks" and with an onlyone studio album in seven years, they can make a three compilation CD's: two with all the old hits and one CD with unreleased stuff, ten re-worked outtakes like SG project(Misty roads,Fiji Jim,Criss cross man etc..)and five new tracks recorded recently in the studio if they had been three weeks in Paris Studios not four days making the class test so quickly...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:29

ohhh,i get it,this is for the casual fan -because you cant buy these songs in a compilation anywhere, at least not with a dumb title and ridiculous artwork.

i dont know what scares me more,the thought that they're not trying at all and putting out this lazy piece of crap -

or the thought that maybe they are trying and this is as creative as they are at this point.

either way its not looking good

Date: September 5, 2012 00:30

melillo
um er i dont think so, they can keep it, another greatest hits album this is comical

having read mightyrollin... expecting to be thankful.
donĀ“t know what for...beside you get their stuff for free.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:31

Max'sKansasCity

...how abuut an electrical one...it's bound to be the very next phasegrinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:33

We all knew there was a new compilation coming, particularly as 40 Licks is out of print.

No one should have a 'problem' with that, as your choice is easy then...don't buy it.

With that said, what butt ugly cover art and stoopid title.

I'd like to have been in the UMe special products division coming up with this, and then seen them selling it to Mick and Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 01:17 by treaclefingers.

Date: September 5, 2012 00:38

Ok most of you don't like the title ....any idea..................

50 Dicks and still no Satisfaction

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:38

Doxa
Good one, Max. There is a "White Album" and "Banana Album". Now we have "Gorilla album"... damn, I can't stop laughing. This is so absurd (in a positive way). Can't recall when the Stones have made me laugh so much!>:D<

- Doxa

Laugh? I nearly died...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:39

Cover art aside; if you look at the content: Who's the potential buyer? The tourist already have the 40 licks album. Kids don't know what a record store is, let alone a cd record.
And the "real" fans are already whining. So, who's gonna buy it?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:42

It's one UGLY cover - but at least it's memorable.

For the rest, I'll reserve judgment until we get a tracklist

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:42

Doxa
Good one, Max. There is a "White Album" and "Banana Album". Now we have "Gorilla album"... damn, I can't stop laughing. This is so absurd (in a positive way). Can't recall when the Stones have made me laugh so much!>grinning smiley<

At the record store:

- "Hmm... may I have one copy of that... hmmm.. grrrr"
- "Sorry, could you please repeat; I couldn't quite catch the title..."
- "GRRRRR"
- "Excuse me, sir, but are you alright?" [[b]and waves the security man][/b]

- Doxa

I would have loved to see what message boards might have said about/when the White album would have been shown like this... and I wonder what this album will be come commonly referred to?... because you are exactly correct, GRRRing at the store's sales help is not the best way to make friends and influence them...

I'm looking for GRRR!! (and they wave over security)... and I know, because I was just GRRRing at the sales help last week, regarding computers... and they didnt like it! (yeah, I was grumpy at them GRRR!!!) winking smiley

GRRRR!!! That is not what the ad says!!!!
Well!!!! when the GRRRR!! will it be in stock??... GRRR!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 00:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:45

I thought both Charlie and Mick were fairly artistic. To reproduce Mighty Joe Young, an inferior King Kong, suggests they were not behind this shabby greatest hits compilation, or that their input was minimal.

What concerns me is that none of the stonesarchive concerts were/are reissued on CD, whereas long-term fans would have been a lot more appreciative if this were the case. I am almost playing the Some Girls Live In Texas CD from the DVD set to death, and would love the archive live concerts to be reissued on CD too.

I think a new album would be great: if Dylan can do it, with Tempest, why not the Stones, or is it that, logistically, it is an impossibility? They must feel some sense of a competitive spirit, even now. Paul McCartney has an excellent archive series going on, i.e. McCartney, Ram, Band On The Run, and we are informed that Wings Over America is forthcoming. The Allmans have an excellent archive series of their concerts, even if some of the early 70s live albums sound bootleg quality.

I would gladly feel that new live concerts are not the way forward, and that a comprehensive, not sporadic, reissue program coupled with archive concerts, would be the best way to celebrate the Stones.

UMG could also issue deluxe 2cd sets of Sticky Fingers with a 1971 concert, such as Leeds Lungs, Goats Head Soup with some 1973 highlights from concerts, Tattoo You with a 2cd bonus of a 1981/82 concert.

We shouldn't be fed thin gruel, but that's what Mick and Keith are determined to do. It makes me sad, sad, sad.

Date: September 5, 2012 00:46

NICOS
Ok most of you don't like the title ....any idea..................

50 Dicks and still no Satisfaction

but what about the 80 dicks then ?

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:46

Embarrassing, really. I'm looking at it and can't still get over it. Horrible cover and title. The title is probably the worst.
I can't believe how hard it can be to design a just decent looking album? That gorilla with lips & tongue is heinous. Abuse on their own discography. I can't decide which cover is worse of Dirty Work and this ape shit one.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:48

Comical, but expected. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

They've been taking the piss since circa 1974.... Ladies and gentlemen, the greatest rock and roll band in the world. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:56

Tired..............sad smiley

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:07

"Grrr" ... the only album that ever flung its poo at the fans.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:08

What would message boards have said about the White Album? They would have said it was an awesome cover, great insert pictures of the guys, three great sides worth of stuff, but did we really need Revolution No. 9, and is that Yoko's fault, but . . . .

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:11

Most of members of the Stonestreff board (where I am one of the admins) are "not amused".

Date: September 5, 2012 01:12

DiscoVolante
Embarrassing, really. I'm looking at it and can't still get over it. Horrible cover and title. The title is probably the worst.
I can't believe how hard it can be to design a just decent looking album? That gorilla with lips & tongue is heinous. Abuse on their own discography. I can't decide which cover is worse of Dirty Work and this ape shit one.

I think you've answered it already...I'll give you an example.

"Dirty Work is the worst cover ever by the Rolling Stones, but at least it isn't ape shit!"

I'd further say let's put some lip stick on this pig, but they've gone and done it with a Gorilla instead.

Date: September 5, 2012 01:13

I just showed it to my 6 year old. He laughed.

Date: September 5, 2012 01:24

treaclefingers
I just showed it to my 6 year old. He laughed.

Wasn't he scarred?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:28

tomcasagranda
I thought both Charlie and Mick were fairly artistic. To reproduce Mighty Joe Young, an inferior King Kong, suggests they were not behind this shabby greatest hits compilation, or that their input was minimal.

What concerns me is that none of the stonesarchive concerts were/are reissued on CD, whereas long-term fans would have been a lot more appreciative if this were the case. I am almost playing the Some Girls Live In Texas CD from the DVD set to death, and would love the archive live concerts to be reissued on CD too.

I think a new album would be great: if Dylan can do it, with Tempest, why not the Stones, or is it that, logistically, it is an impossibility? They must feel some sense of a competitive spirit, even now. Paul McCartney has an excellent archive series going on, i.e. McCartney, Ram, Band On The Run, and we are informed that Wings Over America is forthcoming. The Allmans have an excellent archive series of their concerts, even if some of the early 70s live albums sound bootleg quality.

I would gladly feel that new live concerts are not the way forward, and that a comprehensive, not sporadic, reissue program coupled with archive concerts, would be the best way to celebrate the Stones.

UMG could also issue deluxe 2cd sets of Sticky Fingers with a 1971 concert, such as Leeds Lungs, Goats Head Soup with some 1973 highlights from concerts, Tattoo You with a 2cd bonus of a 1981/82 concert.

We shouldn't be fed thin gruel, but that's what Mick and Keith are determined to do. It makes me sad, sad, sad.

I agree. It's sad. And stupid.Good suggestions SF and GHS reissues with concerts. By the way I'm new here. So hi everyone.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:34

GRRR!!! The more I say it, the more I like it!! its kind of fun... GRRR!!!!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:40

I certainly hope this is not all we get for 50 years ANOTHER hits album come on!!!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:41

this really could be a good bit for a spinal tap sequel,the band just reissue their old material every year.

nigel tufnel-"yes,we've moved beyond titles so we're just using sounds now.on our 51st anniversary we're gonna use a tiger.it'll be called rrrrrrr and the title of our greatest hits on our 52nd will be the sound of a humpback whale,we havent actually decided how to spell that yet"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home