Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:01

claudine

[www.rollingstones.com]

heheheehhe.... those are the eyes in the app thing? and that is the cover/name of the new greatest 50 hits album? GRRR?... Really?...... heheehehehe actually it is pretty funny. I am not sure funny is what we need right now... but it is funny... maybe silly Steve Martin had a hand in this....

Or maybe they realize that a huge portion of their fans are grumpy grumpenstiens who are going to bitch moan and complain no matter what they do ... so why not let the grumpsters have a field day? Wht not give them something to complain about? something silly like this?... LOL....

I am not "let down" or dispointed at all... then again I didnt have any expectations built up... and hopefully neither did the people who have stated repeatedly that The Stones can not make a good album again.... maybe The Stones do listen and knew that even if they busted their asses and put a good album, with a great cover, that people would just bitch about it.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:05

The monkey means back to the roots but I'm afraid.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()

only two songs and so many words
but I wait for 7-8 minutes of new music

Posted by: Rik ()

flacnvinyl
I don't have an issue with them putting out another compilation, or two new tracks. Whatever they want to do is fine with me. I'd rather have an entire new album, but if they don't have it in them, then I'm glad to have two new tracks.

Its the kitsch cover art and crap title that have me upset. I predicted this, I just picked the wrong animal. I thought the eyes might be tiger eyes or something. So instead it'd be 'RAAARRRR'.

This is just a really really bad decision. I hope for their sake that they change the artwork NOW. This is horrific. Cartoon gorilla = Stones artwork? Unreal.

I agree with that a 100%

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:06

GRRR!???? really?
Who came up with that title, a 2 year old?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:09

cant wait to download the 2 new songs mick !!!
wont buy it.
get the f... band to do some shows!!!
jeroen

Posted by: andrea66 ()

i don't wanna talk about the cover, but i see that 80% of us was waiting for concert announcement or long term plans like new album and larger tour.
a new anthology is something that old stones fans were not waiting for. that's it.
this project is for bigger audiences than the few hundreds of die hard fans who went to see the stones 50-100 times live.
hope more exciting news will come out soon.
regarding the 2 new songs, what can i say? i was expecting a bigger effort..
the first impression is quite disappointing

GumbootCloggeroo
GRRR!???? really?
Who came up with that title, a 2 year old?

Maybe his 6 year (or however the kid is now) old son?.... in all seriousness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 18:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:11

Oh man. What was that argument against torrents again?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:12

Gazza
RG
What a fantastic news.. NOT!

All those 'hints', app's, announcements for.. this? Shame on you, Stones!

To be honest, its people's own fault for getting their hopes up.

It was common knowledge and widely reported on every message board and in several newspapers that theyd be releasing a new compilation in November with just two new songs.

The hints and apps and teases etc were aimed at a generation that didnt grow up listening to the Stones and for whom a greatest hits release is reasonably exciting.

Their genuine fanbase, in contrast, was always going to treat this with one big collective yawn.

That assessment is spot on.
Shame on us for getting our hopes up, again.

Keep going and keep smiling, I guess.
They definitely kicked some serious ass along the way, didn't they?
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:14

How thrilling!!!...Yet another chance to buy Brown Sugar,Tumbling Dice and a couple of throw away tunes they came up with on the spot that will be no better than Don't Stop and Key's to My Love from 40 Licks.

Can't wait until 2022 when we get 60 Licks

Am I being too hard?

Date: September 4, 2012 18:15

GRRR

hehehehehehee........ FUNNY!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:16

give them their last shot and RIP

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:17

GIVE UP NOW

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:18

I guess BV should start totalizator / online bet. Who will predict correct songs order for this compilation? Also bets for edits/remasters should be accepted winking smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:19

If this is a preview of what they are planning to do for their concerts,its total bullshit to me,a complete rip off,50 songs,of which 48 having been released,probably over 100 times,same songs just differet packages,its just $$$$$$$$,so don't anyone get ur hopes up, for reasonable ticket prices,$500 and up..l think l may pass this time,the greed on The Stones part is just too much..confused smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: September 4, 2012 18:22

ROPENI
If this is a preview of what they are planning to do for their concerts,its total bullshit to me,a complete rip off,50 songs,of which 48 having been released,probably over 100 times,same songs just differet packages,its just $$$$$$$$,so don't anyone get ur hopes up, for reasonable ticket prices,$500 and up..l think l may pass this time,the greed on The Stones part is just too much..confused smiley

Come on, maybe we can get a good deal on a new(used) car at the shows... winking smiley

*sits back...watches the show*

Posted by: Send It To me ()

I think the cover is different, funny, irreverent, and cool

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:23

The cover is cool but the name is really crrrap.

Date: September 4, 2012 18:23

Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI

Come on, maybe we can get a good deal on a new(used) car at the shows... winking smiley
Great Max,you have made my morning thumbs up

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:26

It's quite simple: download the two new tracks - which I'm looking forward to hearing, actually - and leave it at that. I won't be buying it. I have all the Stones I really need on my iPod already.

Date: September 4, 2012 18:26

ROPENI
grinning smileyFun is a good thing to have

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:27

James Kirk
How thrilling!!!...Yet another chance to buy Brown Sugar,Tumbling Dice and a couple of throw away tunes they came up with on the spot that will be no better than Don't Stop and Key's to My Love from 40 Licks.

Can't wait until 2022 when we get 60 Licks

Am I being too hard?

Use some lube!

Date: September 4, 2012 18:28

Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI
grinning smileyFun is a good thing to have
Indeed my friend....

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:29

just my thoughts. a career spanning 80 track deluxe edition is a very good idea. two new tracks, well, they had to record something, but it´s ok that they did just two tracks. so they can start with one and close with the other. it´s ok, and if they release the two new studio tracks seperately it would be ok. and now it´s time for the rarities box, the outtakes box and other deluxe editions...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:29

straycatUK
I expected to be under whelmed today, but this is taking the piss. That cover is an embarrassment . I think I'd rather walk down the street with a Gary Glitter album cover on show .

DoughboyUK
Lol.....it reminds me of the "Bottom" episode (rick mayall & ade edmondson)...gold frankenstein and grrrrr...haha.

LMAO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 19:36 by Gazza.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:31

This all makes sense! Universal (via all those technology driven new young Facebook fans) is going to sponsor the Gorilla and save it from extinction.
The new song titles say it all: Gorillas are having a hard time .... Gloom and Doom, so .... One Last Shot.
Meanwhile the die-hard fans are hyped up now, because they didn't get what they wanted. Off course they will get what they want next year, when Charlie is officially 50 years with the band. More news is ahead .... confused smiley

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:32

One word for this project: Torrent!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:32

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 18:36 by Sici.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home