Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 2, 2012 17:08

aprilfool
Massimo68
Few words yesterday on Classic 21, a belgian radio :
"Rumours for 4 shows in London and NY this fall,with many guests".

Maybe the 4 shows are very special, for the 50th anniversary, and not like the "classic" Rolling Stones shows from the last tours (just the band).

I'm thinking that the SNL TV show with Jagger performing with Arcade Fire, Jeff Beck and Foo Fighters, was maybe a test for the 50th yrs big party shows.
One more reason to be somewhere else at this time...

Agree totally. That would be bloody awful. If it happens and I get a ticket, I want to see the Stones - with or without Taylor / Wyman. If I want to see Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters ,etc., I'll buy tickets for THEIR shows.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: September 2, 2012 17:13

Songs for the 4 shows - make it short, Like 1964: Easy work
Around and Around
Little Queenie
Carol
2 New Songs
Last Time
All Over Now
Total Time = 30 minutes gave or take 5 minutes. Tickets adjusted for inflation.smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 2, 2012 17:30

Massimo68

Maybe the 4 shows are very special, for the 50th anniversary, and not like the "classic" Rolling Stones shows from the last tours (just the band).

I'm thinking that the SNL TV show with Jagger performing with Arcade Fire, Jeff Beck and Foo Fighters, was maybe a test for the 50th yrs big party shows.

I dont think theres a chance in hell of these shows being littered with guests, Unless they're being televised as PPV shows (and theres nothing to suggest these will be), the Stones (wisely) tend to avoid these kind some kind of superstar bun-fights.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 2, 2012 17:35

Gazza
Massimo68

I dont think theres a chance in hell of these shows being littered with guests, Unless they're being televised as PPV shows (and theres nothing to suggest these will be), the Stones (wisely) tend to avoid these kind some kind of superstar bun-fights.

I'm not sure about this Gazza, I do think it's possible to have some guest to celebrate....but not names as the Arcade Fire and the Foo Fighters......but some old friends from the 60's is possible

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 2, 2012 17:48

Gazza
I cant 'leak' anything other than to say again that I understand the dates for the London shows are not what has been mentioned above (ie, they're not on either or both of Nov 26 & 27). I dont know the NYC dates yet in case anyone asks but it wont be Dec 7 & 8 as that venue isnt available on the 7th. It IS available on December 3rd, 6th and 8th however, so I GUESS it could be on two of those three.

Are you confirming here that London will be first and NYC second ?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 2, 2012 18:50

Does someone seriously think this band could stop after only 4 shows. This is crazy to me. 4 shows and bye bye.Stupid.

Date: September 2, 2012 18:54

Edith Grove
Gazza
I cant 'leak' anything other than to say again that I understand the dates for the London shows are not what has been mentioned above (ie, they're not on either or both of Nov 26 & 27). I dont know the NYC dates yet in case anyone asks but it wont be Dec 7 & 8 as that venue isnt available on the 7th. It IS available on December 3rd, 6th and 8th however, so I GUESS it could be on two of those three.

Are you confirming here that London will be first and NYC second ?

I'm not 'confirming' anything..LOL...because I dont know for sure. I THINK London will be the first shows, however. I don't know the dates of the New York shows.

Date: September 2, 2012 18:54

NICOS
Gazza
Massimo68

I'm not sure about this Gazza, I do think it's possible to have some guest to celebrate....but not names as the Arcade Fire and the Foo Fighters......but some old friends from the 60's is possible

Thats certainly possible, but the original quote said 'many guests', which is highly unlikely IMO.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 2, 2012 18:56

"4 shows and bye bye.Stupid"

Or 4 shows to create a buzz and test the waters (after all we're in the thick of a terrible recession). If things go smoothly I expect a full "2013 world tour" and an album to launch it.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: September 2, 2012 19:21

Gazza
I'm not 'confirming' anything...

I'm confirming that this sucks much worse than them playing no shows whatsoever.

But yeah it does take a certain kind of genius to come up with a plan that,
whether it happens or not, is complete farce. Complete pro wrestling horseshit.
Just like the American election. Which is probably why Jagger has timed it like
he has. To rub everybody's faces in it. Okay, I admit, that part of it is cool,
the sucker-born-every-minute social-commentary part, but otherwise...

sheesh ai-yi-yi va fungool i can't believe fans are gonna shell out for this crap

Date: September 2, 2012 19:25

dcba
"4 shows and bye bye.Stupid"

Or 4 shows to create a buzz and test the waters (after all we're in the thick of a terrible recession). If things go smoothly I expect a full "2013 world tour" and an album to launch it.

A world tour yes, an album no. I don't think Keith hasn't enough creative power in his fingers by now.

Date: September 2, 2012 19:30

Here's EXACTLY what these shows are for fans:

"Take a thousand dollars, gonna have some fun. Put it all on a horse at
a hundred to one."

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 2, 2012 19:34

superrevvy

a hundred to one."

Damn you're negative.....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 2, 2012 19:46

Does anyone think that these 4 shows will almost immediately lead into a World Tour?

2 in London,
2 in New York,
2 more in ???
2 more in ???

All of a sudden it's Christmas... and BAM!
2013 January World Tour.

Date: September 2, 2012 19:56

JumpingKentFlash
superrevvy

a hundred to one."

maybe. hopefully. but riddle me this batman. let's just say jagger's real intention
was to kill off the stones without anyone, least of all keith, realizing what he
was up to. if this was jagger's real intention, over the last year, could he have
possibly played his hand any better?

or, put it another way: if jagger is so money-hungry, then why is he playing his hand
in such a manner as to guarantee the LOWEST possible financial return on
the 50th hype?

AND the lowest possible cultural/artistic impact?

in artistic terms, what we've been witnessing is pure hari kari. and completely
contrary to jagger's history, which is to play his hand for MAXIMUM financial
return and artistic impact.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 20:03 by superrevvy.

Date: September 2, 2012 20:06

superrevvy
JumpingKentFlash
superrevvy

a hundred to one."

maybe. hopefully. but riddle me this batman. let's just say jagger's real intention
was to kill off the stones without anyone, least of all keith, realizing what he
was up to. if this was jagger's real intention, over the last year, could he have
possibly played his hand any better?

or, put it another way: if jagger is so money-hungry, then why is he playing his hand
in such a manner as to guarantee the LOWEST possible financial return on
the 50th hype?

AND the lowest possible cultural/artistic impact?

in artistic terms, what we've been witnessing is pure hari kari. and completely
contrary to jagger's history, which is to play his hand for MAXIMUM financial
return and artistic impact.

You are very negative, indeed. Let's wait the 4th. Jagger is a brilliant guy and has given to his fans as much as Keith or Charlie.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: September 2, 2012 20:13

I see these shows as "sticking a toe in the water" to gauge interest, price elasticity and overall potential profit margin for an extended tour. I read some where the stones will get 25 million dollars for the 4 dates. Look for ticket VIP packages ( first 5 rows center ticket, pre show meal, and a bunch of merch in the range of $1,500-$2,000/package- if a meet and greet is included add another $500) then tiered packages after that--lesser priced and tix that are in rows 6-10,11-15 etc. Regular non packaged tix will range from $375-$500 priced as low as 95 dollars. I see these shows as a "beta test" of a product to detemine ultimate size/scope/venues, etc. of any actual tour. Just my thoughts...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:18

The Stones are at an age now where money is meaningless. £25 million, £25 or 25p.. it surely doesn't matter anymore.

They could be something incredible (and free).

One last big swing at it, bigger than anyone else.

One last big shot.

If they are up to it that is.

(I mean Keith).

Cemented for eternity.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:29

ed

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:21 by SecondSet.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:30

GravityBoy
The Stones are at an age now where money is meaningless. £25 million, £25 or 25p.. it surely doesn't matter anymore.

They could be something incredible (and free).

One last big swing at it, bigger than anyone else.

One last big shot.

If they are up to it that is.

(I mean Keith).

Cemented for eternity.

Money is never meaningless for MJ. This time it´s more about the money than ever.

Date: September 2, 2012 21:39

SecondSet
Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza
I dont know the NYC dates yet in case anyone asks but it wont be Dec 7 & 8 as that venue isnt available on the 7th. It IS available on December 3rd, 6th and 8th however, so I GUESS it could be on two of those three.

Gazza....December? I thought it was November at Barclays?

Maybe. I honestly think it'll be December, though - AFTER London and after the 'new' album comes out.

I could be way off, of course.

In November, the Barclays Center is available only on November 2, 6-8, 22 and 26.

I dont think it'll be early November which leaves the two dates later in the month - which are around the time the new record comes out. However, if theyre in London in late November, that rules those out.

It has to be said that on this occasion, the Stones organization have done very well in keeping all of this largely under wraps until the last few days.

As I've said previously, there will NOT be a show on November 22, which is the American Thanksgiving this year. It would be like having a show on Christmas. And there almost certainly will be no show on the 6th, which is (the Presidential) Election Day. But I think there could be a show on the 4th, if the gospel show scheduled for that day, which is set for a time TBA, is moved or canceled.

For what its worth, the Stones played in Denver on Thanksgiving day in 2005 (24/11/05).

Oddly enough - they have only ever played US shows in Presidential Election years twice - 1964 and 1972.

Cant imagine someone agreeing to move their show to accommodate the Stones. Why would they be expected to?

Anyway, I think it'll be the early December window for the NY shows.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:44

Gazza
For what its worth, the Stones played in Denver on Thanksgiving day in 2005 (24/11/05).
We almost went to that show...

Date: September 2, 2012 21:57

Whoever designed that atrocity should have been executed without trial by the Fashion Police.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 2, 2012 22:03

Gazza
Whoever designed that atrocity should have been executed without trial by the Fashion Police.
It's a cultural thing

Date: September 2, 2012 22:09

Harm
Gazza
It's a cultural thing

yyyyaaaawwwwwnnnn

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 2, 2012 22:47

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
We almost went to that show...
I LOVE IT MAX!!cool smiley

Posted by: roby ()
Date: September 2, 2012 22:50

And what about Keith capacity to play guitar on stage ??? Taboo subject ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 23:02 by roby.

Date: September 2, 2012 22:55

memphiscats

We almost went to that show... ..
]
I LOVE IT MAX!!cool smiley[/quote]
thumbs up You are THE BEST memphiscats! THE BEST!

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: September 3, 2012 00:01

SecondSet
Gazza
Sam Spade

As I've said previously, there will NOT be a show on November 22, which is the American Thanksgiving this year. It would be like having a show on Christmas. And there almost certainly will be no show on the 6th, which is (the Presidential) Election Day. But I think there could be a show on the 4th, if the gospel show scheduled for that day, which is set for a time TBA, is moved or canceled.

That leaves November 2, (maybe 4,) 7, 8, and 26, assuming the November report is correct.

They have already played New York on Thanksgiving and the day after, Nov 27 & 28 way back in 1969. In fact Madison Square Garden has the day prior and after as open dates this November smiling smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 3, 2012 00:51

GravityBoy
25,000,000 / (4 x 20,000)

=

£300 per ticket.

thank you for doing the math - that sounds about right

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1672
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home