Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849
Current Page: 49 of 49
Re: The Rolling Stones to play London and Newark Nov/Dec 2012
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 26, 2012 18:34

ohotos
MingSubu
What are the chances of me getting a <$400 solo ticket, for either of the December shows?
I would say pretty good if you don't mind sitting far, far away from the stage.

I just want in the building.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: October 26, 2012 18:36

You have got to play around on Ticketmaster, those seats have been available for several days now if you want a single ticket. General sale in les than a half hour.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 26, 2012 18:36

MingSubu
ohotos
MingSubu
What are the chances of me getting a <$400 solo ticket, for either of the December shows?
I would say pretty good if you don't mind sitting far, far away from the stage.

I just want in the building.
I'm still trying to figure out if I "just want to be in the building" for $100-170 smiling smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 26, 2012 19:12

I cant get one, keeps saying none???

Edit: Said, to hell with the site. I called and got a ticket for the Thursday show. Section 109.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 19:45 by MingSubu.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 27, 2012 06:38

remember when steel wheels tix were $28.50 and people thought that was crazy?

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 27, 2012 16:58

Somebody should tell the person on stub hub that his $750,000.00 last row seat in the balconcy, might be just a little tough to sell. When you can get a floor seat for $109,000.00. Some people just don't do their research.

I am a pretty easy going guy and not very big, but I would gladly take a ferocious physical beating from this guy as long as I could get one nasty backhander across his face.

Sorry for the pent up anger.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 17:23

virgil
Somebody should tell the person on stub hub that his $750,000.00 last row seat in the balconcy, might be just a little tough to sell. When you can get a floor seat for $109,000.00. Some people just don't do their research.

I am a pretty easy going guy and not very big, but I would gladly take a ferocious physical beating from this guy as long as I could get one nasty backhander across his face.

IMHO he probably doesn't even have any tickets to sell, just shoved that up there as a joke.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 27, 2012 22:32

Hello,

I haven't even tried looking for an O2 ticket yet: I'll be one of those last-minute chancers looking for a £105 (or less!) number, which may well/definitely backfire on me, hah-hah!

On the thorny issue of tickets I do recall from previous visits to the O2 that their staff are very hot on anyone who looks like they are trying to tout (scalp) tickets outside the arena, so much so that I don't remember seeing any black market operatives there at all: just a thought in case anyone thinks it is as easy as walking up outside the O2 and haggling.

If I do make it down to London for the first O2 show are folks still gonna meet for an IORR drink-up at the [www.pilotgreenwich.co.uk] pre-show?

As a heads-up for any fans of Mr. Albert Lee, he and his band are playing at The Borderline on Friday 23rd, [theborderline.co.uk]

You could start your Stones' weekend in worse ways! Hope to see you in a month...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: October 28, 2012 05:39

Hello Everybody! Well 5 years is gone and I'm back!lol! I see some familour poster's. like Gazza,snowman,etc but where has Rockman gone? anyway can somebody maybe answer this question, Do you think the stage is the same stage from the super bowl? and if so what in the hell do you think it sound's like in that pit? Where you are under them and the f%&*#@ Amplifiers! I think it will be the same stage myself but i heard Woody saying something like in response to the ticket's being so much money he say's that's about right, we all ready spent a million on rehearsal's and were not even half way through with them and then you got the stage that's million's right there man. That stage was paid for a long time ago what i think and it's in a wherehouse they got 12 mill for the super bowl? So i'm just wondering if anybody's got a for sure on the stage? Thanx,

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:01

lmatth8461
virgil

IMHO he probably doesn't even have any tickets to sell, just shoved that up there as a joke.

you can't be serious?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 28, 2012 10:30

treaclefingers
lmatth8461
virgil

you can't be serious?

Of course he has tickets to sell, and they are available elsewhere at more "reasonable" prices. It's marketing- "some people are selling these same kinds of tickets for over 10,000 each! I only paid 2000!"

Date: October 28, 2012 10:36

treaclefingers
lmatth8461
virgil

you can't be serious?
It wouldn't surprise me. Let's just say if he does, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind shelling out that amount...I mean it's not like they are in a really prime spot or anything.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 28, 2012 10:53

stonesfrkk
Hello Everybody! Well 5 years is gone and I'm back!lol! I see some familour poster's. like Gazza,snowman,etc but where has Rockman gone? anyway can somebody maybe answer this question, Do you think the stage is the same stage from the super bowl? and if so what in the hell do you think it sound's like in that pit? Where you are under them and the f%&*#@ Amplifiers! I think it will be the same stage myself but i heard Woody saying something like in response to the ticket's being so much money he say's that's about right, we all ready spent a million on rehearsal's and were not even half way through with them and then you got the stage that's million's right there man. That stage was paid for a long time ago what i think and it's in a wherehouse they got 12 mill for the super bowl? So i'm just wondering if anybody's got a for sure on the stage? Thanx,

I just saw Crossfire Hurricane here in Australia with Rockman. I'm sure he will post any minute.....

Date: October 28, 2012 14:44

PPV question:
Is it a reasonable assumption that the promoters are expecting the PPV to underwrite any tickets that don't sell? Are the Stones in for a cut of this as well, or are they getting their pound of flesh and the promoters take the risk of whether these concerts actually turn a profit?
Whichever way, it's likely that there won't be too much concern about empty seats at the London and first Newark gig, but the powers that be will ensure there are not thousands of spaces when it comes to the final PPV night.
What does the board think?
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere! Please point me in the right direction if it has....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 7, 2012 19:32

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849
Current Page: 49 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home