Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 49
Re: THE DATES - This Deserves Its Own Thread!
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:39

Cocaine Eyes
The dates are as kosher/close as I can get at this time.

In other words neither he nor his source has any @#$%& idea.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:43

StonedInTokyo
Cocaine Eyes
The dates are as kosher/close as I can get at this time.

In other words neither he nor his source has any @#$%& idea.

No, not really. These are the dates he gave me. He's certain the dates are correct. The only reason I said "at this time" is because (from experience) things DO tend to change with the Stones as time passes.

Bottom line - these ARE the dates my source was given and then passed along to me!

smoking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:50

Whatever the dates end up been, thanks for passing this on.

sc uk

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:53

not 26 and 27.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:01

When was the last time The Rolling Stones played back-to-back nights?

I believe CE has a good source, but the back-to-back part doesnt add up.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:03

Cocaine Eyes
LONDON - NOVEMBER 26 & 27, 2012

BROOKLYN/NYC - DECEMBER 6 & 7, 2012

Now.......how do we get in, get tickets?

Good luck everyone!

I presume you got those dates from the showbiz411.com story that has been reposted several other places.

There were a lot of inaccuracies in that article and the venues arent available on BOTH nights in each case, which would make me have serious doubts about the entire thing.

Nov 25 & 27 and Dec 6/8 look more plausible.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 1, 2012 16:08

Wasn't it said quite recently here that Mick had been told not to sing on consecutive nights, and hasn't done so for some time? Thanks for posting, anyway, Cocaine Eyes - I wish I had any sources at all...

Date: September 1, 2012 16:21

He cancelled a couple of shows in 2003 due to throat problems . I think the decision to not play consecutive nights was made around this time . I remember it well as I'd set off for the 2nd Twickenham show and had to turn back sad smiley

sc uk

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 1, 2012 18:42

There certainly will not be concerts on two nights in a row.

Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Date: September 1, 2012 19:35

Green Lady
JumpinJeppeFlash

$$$$$$$$$$

If we're this angry with the Stones before we know what tickets will cost, just imagine how furious we'll all be when we find out.

And when we're done with that one we can start on Keith's fingers and the setlist. Isn't it FUN when the Stones announce a show!

we're?

Most of us are not...
Just a couple of the typical big mouth whiners are, but that is the way they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 19:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 1, 2012 19:48

Gazza

That date would be a great coincidence...

That's the date of the first Stones concert I ever saw!
This one will cost much much more I'm sure.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 1, 2012 19:49

Looking forward to something official on these gigs. Hopefully they'll be broadcast online (would love that contract myself) or tv. No doubt everyone in the world is calling their offices.

If the Stones as a band are ready and able to play four gigs, whats stopping them from play 20 across the globe?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 1, 2012 20:22

Rolling Hansie
Munichhilton
if you don't like the Stones, why don't you find a Monkees board to piss on?

Now this is very unfair. Telling someone to go trouble those poor innocent Monkees fans. You are so cruel.

Munichhilton
Justin
deadegad
vermontoffender
Wow....a man who feels he has a monopoly on the truth? And, he seems to firmly believe that any opinion differing from his own in infantile.

That's a quality example of hypocrisy in action. Why don't you go pout and stomp around your parents basement until sleepy time comes....

Glad to see you agree with me that Justin, among others, is wholly divorced from reality:

[en.wikipedia.org]

You're a big bad ass here who really knows the "truth" yet you'll probably be the first to buy the new greatest hits set just to listen to the new songs they've recorded and then you'll be the first to watch the PPV of whatever show they perform later in the year.

No one's living in a fantasy land dude. No one is saying they're going to blow our minds and perform so well they'll scare us. Anyone still pissed off about that are the ones living in fantasy world. The dudes are in their f*ckin' 70's...how the hell else do you expect them to perform? Get with it already.

The guys are running their victory lap. And here you are boo-ing them as they come around the corner. Totally not even worth it. It's a huge farewell party and you're the one sitting in the back angry at Keith for having arthritis and being old. Yeah who's the baby sucking their thumb now?

I'm with J on this one.

Dead whatever...if you don't like the Stones, why don't you find a Monkees board to piss on?

I really do love The Stones and have spent a lot of money in that regard like so many others here at IORR have too.

The Stones since Ron joined have sounded the best live when Keith played rhythm and Ron played lead and both were sober and focused. When it was the other way? It was terrible. I would bet Jagger is fully aware of this.

Unfortunately for the concert goer it has gotten worse over the years. It is not simply about age. Ofcourse Keith's palm tree-stump accident made things worse and he was in our prayers.

While I am not deliberately pissing on the parade this guitar situation is worthy of mention -- now espescially. It should not cause such consternation and surprise because it has been discussed numerous times before. That this is their 'Victory Lap,' or a prelude to another tour, makes it more important. The Stones should serve their musical legacy and the concert goer by having Ron playing lead exclusively and Keith and Blondie serving the rhythm. They would sound so consistently better. If Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman or even Jeff Beck joined in The Stones would really have a victory lap and a musical high.

We would have some really great sounding boots too.

The audience pays a very expensive ticket price for seeing The Stones and should get the most musically competent performance. As I said above, I bet Jagger gets it.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 1, 2012 20:27

Stoneage
Since when did Brooklyn become a city? I always thought it was a borough...

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 1, 2012 20:30

Stoneage

Brooklyn was an independent city until 1898, when it became a borough of the City of New York. If NYC were deconsolidated into five independent cities, Brooklyn, the most populous of the boroughs, would be the third largest city in the US, Queens would be the fourth, and Manhattan would be the sixth.

Date: September 1, 2012 20:34

nick
Stoneage

thumbs up

I really have to hand it to Brooklyn. I dont know a whole lot about the politics or details of building and operating an arena like this.... but it seems like this arena is a HOME RUN for Brooklyn. They have an NBA tenant and it seems like they are hosting some other type of event every single night... It makes me wonder who is losing out? Where did these events go before?... not that it matters... anyway.... I say BRAVO Brooklyn on your new arena!! CHEERS!smileys with beer

Date: September 1, 2012 21:06

schillid
Gazza

That date would be a great coincidence...

That's the date of the first Stones concert I ever saw!

the dates are, I understand, incorrect.

Date: September 1, 2012 21:10

Gazza
Cocaine Eyes

Good luck everyone!

I presume you got those dates from the showbiz411.com story that has been reposted several other places.

There were a lot of inaccuracies in that article and the venues arent available on BOTH nights in each case, which would make me have serious doubts about the entire thing.

Presumption is incorrect! I got the dates from a source who e-mailed me late last night.

But, hey..... it's OK. My source has been bang on since 1994 and I'm happy with that.tongue sticking out smiley

I do agree that the back-to-back dates seem implausible. My source was merely passing along info to me. Make of it what you will.

If better info comes along.....all the better for all of us. (Sorry to have bothered with the info. It seems to have caused a kerfuffle here!)

CE cool smiley

smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 1, 2012 21:14

Cocaine Eyes
Gazza
Cocaine Eyes

Good luck everyone!

Presumption is incorrect! I got the dates from a source who e-mailed me late last night.

But, hey..... it's OK. My source has been bang on since 1994 and I'm happy with that.tongue sticking out smiley

I do agree that the back-to-back dates seem implausible. My source was merely passing along info to me. Make of it what you will.

If better info comes along.....all the better for all of us. (Sorry to have bothered with the info. It seems to have caused a kerfuffle here!)

CE cool smiley

smoking smiley

wow...you're source EMAILED YOU? Must of course be true in that case.

Date: September 1, 2012 21:20

Cocaine Eyes
Gazza
Cocaine Eyes

Good luck everyone!

CE cool smiley

smoking smiley

The info has been online for several hours before that, mate.

the venues in question arent available on at least one of those days in each case.

Appreciate the post, though.

Date: September 1, 2012 21:22

straycatuk

sc uk

Geez......a kind and grateful remark here!! eye popping smiley

Someone call 911 as I'm about to faint dead away on the floor from an utterance of gratitude.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Now.....please resume the regurlarly scheduled whining, moaning, bi^*@ing and complaining. About the dates, about the Stones, about Brooklyn, about the sun and the moon and the stars.

Date: September 1, 2012 21:34

eye rolling smiley

Date: September 1, 2012 21:36

I can do abuse if you would prefer winking smiley

Flairville and I are planning to cross the Atlantic for this, so the dates are kind of important .

sc uk

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 1, 2012 22:31

Cocaine Eyes
straycatuk

sc uk

Geez......a kind and grateful remark here!! eye popping smiley

Someone call 911 as I'm about to faint dead away on the floor from an utterance of gratitude.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Now.....please resume the regurlarly scheduled whining, moaning, bi^*@ing and complaining. About the dates, about the Stones, about Brooklyn, about the sun and the moon and the stars.

Your thread title and post set you up for the abuse I'm afraid.

THE DATES -This Deserves Its Own Thread!

I don't think anyone has a problem with you posting what you think will happen, based on some 'inside information'...we'll take that with a grain of salt and believe it or not. How you positioned it was the problem, as people shot 'the dates' full of holes immediately. Your 'but anything can happen' is a bit of an easy way out as well.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 1, 2012 22:55

Hey all of you insiders...

Keep up the good work!
I'm am getting @#$%& excited!

Until the press conference, I'll just hang out here and watch the fireworks.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 1, 2012 23:57

Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson
26 November 2012
The O2 arena | Music

Alanis Morissette
28 November 2012
The O2 arena | Music

[www.theo2.co.uk]

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: September 2, 2012 00:29

That Mick Jagger is some philanthropist! He just announced that he will be contributing all his proceeds from the concerts to charities. April Fool!

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 2, 2012 01:10

Yippee. Doin' the happy dance. Keith be with you!spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmoking smileysmileys with beerdrinking smiley

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 2, 2012 01:17

latebloomer
stonesnow
latebloomer
Gazza
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
Someone said they are going to pick 50-100 people who regularly post to IORR and sell them tickets for 50 bucks each.... just to be able to say they did.

Who is this "someone"--MightyRollingStonesStill50, or someone?

In fairness, its like something the Stones could come up with.

Tell someone theyve won a competition - and then charge them $50 for doing so.

The sad/funny thing is, no one would complain, $50 would be a real barain to see the band.

I sure wouldn't complain, were it only really true. For a bargain like that you could proudly proclaim that it pays to be a regular poster on IORR.

Yeah, I can just everyone tripping over themselves to see who could post the most and get a $50 ticket. Poor bv, it would probably crash the whole site. grinning smiley

I don't think it's about posting the most, but rather just being more or less a regular

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 2, 2012 02:59

Hey, ya'll, I've been out of the loop for 3-1/2 days thanks to a hurricane called Isaac.

Can someone save me the time of going through 15 pages of this thread and tell me:

1) Has this been officially announced ?

2) Have dates been set ?

3) Do we have details on tickets ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home