Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 14:25

RG
Some rumours on a Dutch fansite says that there will be an official anouncement next tuesday (september 4th) about the shows in London and Brooklyn?

They will tell us by the app on Facebook..

Someone who knows more about this?

The announcement by uView will be on september 4 and is about the new products.... compilation + movie... the gigs will be announce in middle of september.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 31, 2012 14:51

proudmary
hbwriter
i heard from someone that a plan might possibly include a ticketless format to avoid scalping and that this would be a fan-driven priority so that everything is not just scooped up VIPS - but the demand is expected to be the most unprecedented in Stones history, they know that, and are working to make it as fair as possible

I'm not so sure. If you read the comments that people write to articles with the news of the possible shows you pay attention to two things:
at first there is almost no enthusiasm, basically no one give a shit
secondly - the vast majority of the comments are negative and very sarcastic. here is an example: "Hope the O2 is well-equipped with zimmer frame facilities, Stannah lifts and incontinence pants dispensers... This could be the ultimate geriatric rockfest".
if these comments are some indication of the mood of the public - I would not say there would be unprecedented demand

I hope I'm wrong

The demand won't be on the same level it was for the 2007 Led Zeppelin concert, where 20 million people emailed in for the chance to buy tickets, mainly because the majority of Rolling Stones fans have already been to a Stones concert. It was a very different situation with Zeppelin because there's an entire generation of Zeppelin fans, actually TWO generations of Zeppelin fans now, who are too young to have seen them.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 31, 2012 15:00

StonesTod
Manofwealthandtaste
There was a thread on here once debating what constitutes a 'tour' - is it a minimum of 2 shows? Anyway, whatever the definition may be, I wonder what this 'tour' will be called?!

if it's just a pair of shows, it's a two-er....

Actually a two off-er. peace

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 15:19

roby
"Richard Branson and Australian promoter Paul Dainty will promote, and the source says the Stones will be paid $25 million for the four shows".

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

End of the Cohl era?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 31, 2012 15:43

Gazza
Manofwealthandtaste
There was a thread on here once debating what constitutes a 'tour' - is it a minimum of 2 shows? Anyway, whatever the definition may be, I wonder what this 'tour' will be called?!

More than one city in a continuous stretch is a tour, I suppose.

How about "The 2012 Blink and You Miss it" Tour.

LOL

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 31, 2012 15:54

roby
"Richard Branson and Australian promoter Paul Dainty will promote, and the source says the Stones will be paid $25 million for the four shows".

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$25.000.000 / 4 shows / 20.000 seats = $ 312,50 minimum average ticket prize (to be added are: the costs for the venue, the production costs, the promoter's profits, etc etc). Very unlikely that there will be tickets for less than $250+

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 16:27

slewan
roby

$25.000.000 / 4 shows / 20.000 seats = $ 312,50 minimum average ticket prize (to be added are: the costs for the venue, the production costs, the promoter's profits, etc etc). Very unlikely that there will be tickets for less than $250+

for some reason good news always ends up into a debate full of negativity on this board,, go figure

even though nothing officially has been announced ticket pricing seems to be a real concern ,, but with that, the one key figure here that people seem to neglect to put into play and that is the name of Richard Branson being involved.. maybe his money will end up subsidising prices, witht the ability to plaster his company logo on everything,,

also it is not out of the realm of all reality that these 4 shows are a primer,, and if all goes well this could be expanded into who knows what,,

and to feed fuel to the debates,, I hope they come out and play rough and loud, Rock and Roll was never built around playing perfect and polished

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 31, 2012 16:37

proudmary
hbwriter
i heard from someone that a plan might possibly include a ticketless format to avoid scalping and that this would be a fan-driven priority so that everything is not just scooped up VIPS - but the demand is expected to be the most unprecedented in Stones history, they know that, and are working to make it as fair as possible

I'm not so sure. If you read the comments that people write to articles with the news of the possible shows you pay attention to two things:
secondly - the vast majority of the comments are negative and very sarcastic. here is an example: "Hope the O2 is well-equipped with zimmer frame facilities, Stannah lifts and incontinence pants dispensers... This could be the ultimate geriatric rockfest".
if these comments are some indication of the mood of the public - I would not say there would be unprecedented demand

I hope I'm wrong
I'm telling you what the organization is anticipating - the writers are schmucks for the most part - this band knows its audience and its place in the world - and they understand people will all but kill for tickets - plus, they have done research to determine what is best for them - none of this is by chance - trust me

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 31, 2012 16:39

Naturalust
StonesTod
Manofwealthandtaste

if it's just a pair of shows, it's a two-er....

Actually a two off-er. peace

no. there'll be a uk two-er and a us two-er. stop trying to confuse ppl.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 31, 2012 16:39

tatters
proudmary
hbwriter

I hope I'm wrong

The demand won't be on the same level it was for the 2007 Led Zeppelin concert, where 20 million people emailed in for the chance to buy tickets, mainly because the majority of Rolling Stones fans have already been to a Stones concert. It was a very different situation with Zeppelin because there's an entire generation of Zeppelin fans, actually TWO generations of Zeppelin fans now, who are too young to have seen them.

however - the pressure of this being the 'last time' is the primary trigger here -
and that is a very emotional trigger

Date: August 31, 2012 16:40

hbwriter
- and they understand people will all but kill for tickets -

oh, please...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 31, 2012 16:49

hbwriter
tatters
proudmary
hbwriter

I hope I'm wrong

however - the pressure of this being the 'last time' is the primary trigger here -

Only if they actually come out and say these are the final concerts. Otherwise everyone'll be thinking, "Ah, there's sure to be more shows next year. I'll catch 'em then."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-31 16:50 by tatters.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 16:56

My problem is... how to buy tickets for London. It´s my big problem!!!!!!!!

Date: August 31, 2012 16:59

tatters
Only if they actually come out and say these are the final concerts. Otherwise everyone'll be thinking, "Ah, there's sure to be more shows next year. I'll catch 'em then."

That would be quite the gamble. Let's face it, time is NOT on their side...

I was looking forward to the Grateful Dead's '96 spring tour too, which was rumored to have stops in my town. Made me glad I reluctantly bought tickets to the '95 shows.

I also have a workmate who bought tickets to Zeppelin's 1980 Detroit gig, and we know how well that worked out.

Date: August 31, 2012 17:02

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
tatters

That would be quite the gamble. Let's face it, time is NOT on their side...

I was looking forward to the Grateful Dead's '96 spring tour too, which was rumored to have stops in my town. Made me glad I reluctantly bought tickets to the '95 shows.

I also have a workmate who bought tickets to Zeppelin's 1980 Detroit gig, and we know how well that worked out.

i had plans to see their december '95 oakland run. jerry dying really screwed up that whole plan.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 31, 2012 17:04

Anything over £100 and they can shove it up their arses

Date: August 31, 2012 17:11

tatters
hbwriter
tatters
proudmary
hbwriter

I hope I'm wrong

Exactly. Since I'm a gambler, I think I'll wait. This is almost like the IPO for Facebook, build up the Frenzy! And to proudmary's post - Of course the older than hell comments will be made - Its the nature of the game. Long live the Stones...

Date: August 31, 2012 17:12

2000 LYFH
tatters
hbwriter
tatters
proudmary
hbwriter

I hope I'm wrong

Exactly. Since I'm a gambler, I think I'll wait. This is almost like the IPO for Facebook, build up the Frenzy! And to proudmary's post - Of course the older than hell comments will be made - Its the nature of the game. Long live the Stones...

Awesome!!!! You guys wait....more tickets for MEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: August 31, 2012 17:16

Maybe the concerts will be free, much like the Global Warming concert in LA in '04.
Oh well...wishful thinking.

Date: August 31, 2012 17:16

andy js

you mean you wouldn't practically KILL for a ticket???? what the hell kinda fan are you anyway??

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 17:46

an anthology with 3-4 new songs is not really interesting to me. even if i loved losing my touch from 40 licks, and don't stop live was not bad at all.
i'd prefer a complete new album and a larger tour, i don't feel like fighting for few expensive available tickets in london (many people here seem sure about high prices ....let's see). i am not ready to spend more than 100-120 euros, plus flight and hotel in london, sorry .
i am afraid that these gigs will be full of v.i.p. persons, actors, models, etc etc and that many true fans won't find the tickets.

Date: August 31, 2012 17:50

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
2000 LYFH
tatters
hbwriter
tatters
proudmary
hbwriter

I hope I'm wrong

You must of hit the lottery - how many do you want!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:34

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan

Why would you need more than one ticket?

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:45

hbwriter
tatters
proudmary
hbwriter

I hope I'm wrong

I was under the impression that they would be performing in 2013. So this would not be the last time.

Date: August 31, 2012 19:07

andrea66
an anthology with 3-4 new songs is not really interesting to me. even if i loved losing my touch from 40 licks, and don't stop live was not bad at all.
i'd prefer a complete new album and a larger tour, i don't feel like fighting for few expensive available tickets in london (many people here seem sure about high prices ....let's see). i am not ready to spend more than 100-120 euros, plus flight and hotel in london, sorry .
i am afraid that these gigs will be full of v.i.p. persons, actors, models, etc etc and that many true fans won't find the tickets.

You got that right. However, the actors and models are only allowed in the front row.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 31, 2012 19:11

Mick's hidden anger (?): 2 songs, 4 gigs, over and out....

It's possible Jags decided after Life that he was done with the Stones but that it would be unseemly for the world to see how much he was upset - for him to quit in a huff.

A short burst of Stones activity in the form of two tracks and four gigs would allow him to make the statement "Keith's book didn't bother me." He may be privately thinking that this is it.

Just a thought for those expecting a bit 2013 tour....

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: August 31, 2012 19:25

Send It To me
Mick's hidden anger (?): 2 songs, 4 gigs, over and out....

It's possible Jags decided after Life that he was done with the Stones but that it would be unseemly for the world to see how much he was upset - for him to quit in a huff.

A short burst of Stones activity in the form of two tracks and four gigs would allow him to make the statement "Keith's book didn't bother me." He may be privately thinking that this is it.

Just a thought for those expecting a bit 2013 tour....

I really think all that is ancient history now. The reasoning that doing four really good shows instead of forty mediocre ones is better for the legacy is closer to the mark.

Also, I'd venture that Keith is stage-ready as well.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: August 31, 2012 19:26

i hope they are free......i cant max out another credit card

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 31, 2012 19:29

StonesTod
andy js

you mean you wouldn't practically KILL for a ticket???? what the hell kinda fan are you anyway??

One that's still sore after paying nearly £100 for a poor show last time

Posted by: 2000man ()
Date: August 31, 2012 19:48

The Barclays Center? they literally are playing down the street.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home