Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: OT: Re Aurora Colorado
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 25, 2012 04:12

Midnight Toker
Isn't anyone sick and tired of reading this atrocity on this messageboard. I am. Turn on the radio. Turn on the Tv. Open up a newspaper. Stop , please. There is no cure. It's a mad world. Hello.
?

I so very agree with you.
Look at the 7th post on the 1st page!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2012 04:56

R
treaclefingers
Not necessarily, there are several countries (not the U.S.) where almost every family or a high % of households own guns (far more than the US) where gun crime is almost non-existent.

Indeed. What you will also find is homogeneous societies in these countries. I earlier pointed to a growing gun crime problem in Toronto that happens to coincide with a growing non-homogeneous immigrant population. Now, feel free to get all fashionably huffy and indignant but it is what it is. Didn't British police start packin' a few years back, quietly, for the same reason?

You have no idea what you are talking about R. The 'growing' gun problem in Toronto that you allude to is a drop in the bucket compared to any US city....AND, the reason why the criminals have the guns in Canada, is they smuggle them from the US. Blaming immigrants is a ridiculous and classically xenophobic position.[/quote]

To reiterate, I didn't blame anybody for anything. I merely pointed to two coinciding factors. Also there IS a growing gun crime problem in Toronto (albeit a small one compared to the US but I wasn't comparing to the US, you were) but none existed there before. BTW, who ARE these people shooting each other in Toronto of late and how are they homogeneous with traditional Canadian society?[/quote]

You've somehow quoted someone else and attributed it to me. Could you please fix, as I didn't say this. Thanks.

Date: July 25, 2012 04:59

Now R, other than misquoting me, you're stats on Toronto are just way off base.

Here is the headline today, Canada lowest crime rate in 40 years:
[ca.news.yahoo.com]

I know, who cares, other than you're using Toronto to boost your argument it's safer with guns. The argument just doesn't work.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 25, 2012 05:09

Date: July 25, 2012 07:22

Remove this thread....ATTICA ATTICA

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: July 25, 2012 07:47

this is a rolling stones website,a horrible tragedy,but does not belong here,really.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 25, 2012 11:13

Another "jackass" explanation for outraged Justin :

America is the land of the free... for capitalism.
That means everything is considered a market... including guns. Therefore according to the rules of capitalism, the market should be as free as possible = the product (guns) should be sold everywhere and to everyone.

"That means seliing the product to a Denver wacko or to the deadly Mexican gangs"? Yeah no problem as long as units get shifted. Remember it's a free market!
Freedom knows no boundaries. Are you against freedom? Would that mean you're a bad American?

The side effects (30000 deaths per year) are downplayed and each time a gun-control advocate stands up he's slapped in the face with the 2nd amendment.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 25, 2012 12:59

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 25, 2012 14:42

Guns are made for one thing. Killing. Putting a hole in a target from 50 feet away? Get a life.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 25, 2012 14:58

dcba
Freedom knows no boundaries.
I think this is at the root of the deeply ingrained believe of many Americans to be able to do whatever you want, often without thinking of the consequences. Make as much money as you can (eg Wall Street), eat as much as you want (eg 'all you can eat'), drink as much as you want (eg 'binge drinking'), get the biggest car as you can, whether you need it or not (eg SUVs), buy as much crap as you can (eg Walmart), etc, etc.

And guns/weapons are used to protect that freedom, no matter what. Both domestically and abroad.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 25, 2012 16:03

Edith Grove

I finally get it!

A pissing contest!

Sorry but that took me awhile

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 25, 2012 16:27

mickscarey
Koen
dcba
Freedom knows no boundaries.
I think this is at the root of the deeply ingrained believe of many Americans to be able to do whatever you want, often without thinking of the consequences. Make as much money as you can (eg Wall Street), eat as much as you want (eg 'all you can eat'), drink as much as you want (eg 'binge drinking'), get the biggest car as you can, whether you need it or not (eg SUVs), buy as much crap as you can (eg Walmart), etc, etc.

And guns/weapons are used to protect that freedom, no matter what. Both domestically and abroad.

If you want to talk about "cpnsequqnces" then look around the world buddy - people in france sobbing when they have to work more than a few hours a week, greece collapsing, ME ME ME all over Europe. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I keep forgetting that you're a fan of Ted "draft dodger" Nugent.

Date: July 25, 2012 17:35

Munichhilton
I finally get it!

A pissing contest!

smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 25, 2012 17:38

mickscarey
If you want to talk about "cpnsequqnces" then look around the world buddy - people in france sobbing when they have to work more than a few hours a week, greece collapsing, ME ME ME all over Europe. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sure, but we're talking about Aurora, CO, not Aurora, France or Aurora, Greece.

Date: July 25, 2012 17:57

Edith Grove
Munichhilton
I finally get it!

A pissing contest!

smiling smiley

yes, but are there prizes?!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:12

RE "cpnsequqnces"
You try to invalidate my point because I made a typo?
How old are you MS, I mean mentally?

And yes I believe Americans are the guinea pigs for a no-boundaries capitalist system that's starting to show its limit on many points : Aurora shooting, Wall St corruption, the insane levels of obesity, the private health system (that's the most expensive and the least efficient of the Western world) etc etc etc.

BELIEVE ME : once you have put a bit of regulation in his bloated and obscene mess you'll feel a lot better winking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:13

treaclefingers
Edith Grove
Munichhilton
I finally get it!

A pissing contest!

smiling smiley

A full automatic gun for the winner!

Safety for life guaranteed.

Date: July 25, 2012 18:16

kleermaker
treaclefingers
Edith Grove
Munichhilton
I finally get it!

A pissing contest!

smiling smiley

A full automatic gun for the winner!

Safety for life guaranteed.

Problems always start when you don't have the safety on.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:24

As per the Herostratus Syndrome I mentioned above a few days ago, I was interested to see the following headline in today's L.A. Times, on the front page, above the fold:

Campaign mounts against mentioning Colorado shooting suspect's name

Following pleas from victims' relatives and others, politicians and some journalists are refraining from naming the Colorado theater shooting suspect.

Full story >>> [www.latimes.com]

Date: July 25, 2012 18:40

RE: ''To try and get you out of it. Seriously, this stuff is for talk radio, not a rock-n-roll fan club.''

---------

yeah but there's a zillion threads here on rock and roll. one of these kinds of threads once in a while, hurts nothing. i would just suggest if people arent interested, then stay away, instead of posting pics of boats et al

RE: ''each time a gun-control advocate stands up he's slapped in the face with the 2nd amendment.''

-----

geez. the old 2nd amendment argument.. which was written when it was legal to own people; you aren't off to a good start, there

if the founding fathers visited today, they'd be most concerned about the speeding metal beasts on the paved highways, the fire breathing flying dragons in the skies, and who the hell let the slaves out

only after their astonishment at big fast metal things on the roads and in the skies would come their astonishment that benedict arnold can buy a semi-automatic weapon with a 30 round clip at the feed store

the founding fathers referred to arms which were capable of shooting about one round every 10 seconds; not getting 100 round clips for your assault rifle at sears or 40 clips for your handgun at walmart

over sized clips are good for only specific things: killing many people in a movie theater ...Killing many people outside a mall ...Killing many people in a classroom ...

polishing your musket, too?

RE: people in france sobbing when they have to work more than a few hours a week

--- really? from where i sit its peole in the USA apparently sobbing over the dismal lack of benefits they get

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:42

This problem is so complicated that it's goofy but at the heart of the problem is the stranglehold that the NRA has on most politicians in America. ALL of our Congressmen and Senators need to grow a PAIR and stand up to these lobbyists who control the gun laws in this country. I am not a gun lover, however I am for the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms...with some restrictions....like prohibiting ANYONE from purchasing 6000 rounds of ammo! I understand that this was not the norm, not your typical psycho, especially since he was protected from head to toe in body armour...but we do have to figure out a way to stop this kind of senseless killing.
Assault rifles should not be owned by private citizens, END OF STORY! I know the crap about if you prohibit folks from buying guns, only criminals will own guns. There's a grain of truth in this BUT to do NOTHING is not acceptable. I am not paid the big bucks that these elected officials are paid to come up with ways to protect the citizens in this country. It just seems odd that the rest of the world, by comparison and percentage of population, is NOT experiencing the kinds of killings that we have in the USA. Mass murder seems way too common now and I'm afraid that we'll become jaded and accepting soon if politicians don't attempt to implement stricter laws on gun ownership.
Michael Moore was on the Piers Morgan show last night and he challenged everyone to step up and try to get these politicians fired up enough to actually DO SOMETHING! I agreed with him; complacency is unacceptable.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:42

Well, if you're competing for herostratic fame the competition is pretty stiff these days. I'm sure this "joker's" "fame" will not last very long. Unfortunatelly there are worse mad men running around.

Date: July 25, 2012 19:04

pinkfloydthebarber
RE: ''To try and get you out of it. Seriously, this stuff is for talk radio, not a rock-n-roll fan club.''

---------

yeah but there's a zillion threads here on rock and roll. one of these kinds of threads once in a while, hurts nothing. i would just suggest if people arent interested, then stay away, instead of posting pics of boats et al

RE: ''each time a gun-control advocate stands up he's slapped in the face with the 2nd amendment.''

-----

geez. the old 2nd amendment argument.. which was written when it was legal to own people; you aren't off to a good start, there

if the founding fathers visited today, they'd be most concerned about the speeding metal beasts on the paved highways, the fire breathing flying dragons in the skies, and who the hell let the slaves out

only after their astonishment at big fast metal things on the roads and in the skies would come their astonishment that benedict arnold can buy a semi-automatic weapon with a 30 round clip at the feed store

the founding fathers referred to arms which were capable of shooting about one round every 10 seconds; not getting 100 round clips for your assault rifle at sears or 40 clips for your handgun at walmart

over sized clips are good for only specific things: killing many people in a movie theater ...Killing many people outside a mall ...Killing many people in a classroom ...

polishing your musket, too?

RE: people in france sobbing when they have to work more than a few hours a week

--- really? from where i sit its peole in the USA apparently sobbing over the dismal lack of benefits they get

brilliant round of counter attack arguments pinkfloydthebarber.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 25, 2012 19:18

Mental illness is a serious problem,

Didn't mean for this to become a lengthy topic on guns.
How many here own guns or know how to shoot?

Date: July 25, 2012 19:44

stonesrule
How many here own guns or know how to shoot?

I own a gun, and I know how to shoot, but it's been many years since I have.

Date: July 25, 2012 19:48

only think i can shoot, or care about being able to shoot, is a hockey puck

Date: July 25, 2012 19:49

pinkfloydthebarber

---------

OK, then how about

for a disaster of a thread that is only going down in flames.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 25, 2012 19:53

What's worse
The horrors inflicted by the European countries though out history on the people of Africa , Asia , Indian , south and north America ????
Or the USA gun problem???

Date: July 25, 2012 19:56

GOO
What's worse
The horrors inflicted by the European countries though out history on the people of Africa , Asia , Indian , south and north America ????
Or the USA gun problem???

Or the IORR thread problem??

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 25, 2012 20:07

stonesnow, why open and post in a thread that you have no interest in?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home