Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: OT: Re Aurora Colorado
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:26

dewlover
First of all, NO, this was NOT a "tragedy", it was a mass murder by a psychopath...

Secondly, to those who want to make it illegal for law abiding citizens to own a gun, i'm all for that, on one condition, you can guarantee all criminals will no longer be carrying guns...Guess What? You Can't!!

How silly some of you people are about this subject...If there had been an armed security guard or citizen in that theater, there would likely be a lot less dead today...

The more qualified people we have carrying guns in our society, the less chance there is for a repeat of this kind of incident, and the safer will ALL will be...As soon as one of these crack pots makes him or herself known, take them out, no questions asked!!!

Just go on the probabilities...look at the stats. You are WAY likelier to be killed in the US by a gun, than any other industrialized first world country.

You don't need to carry a gun if they're not legal, the stats prove it over decades.

Criminals will always find access to weapons. The person that perpetrated this slaughter wasn't even a criminal before. There is no safety with guns. The 'security guard' at the theatre would have been the first one to go.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:35

treaclefingers
dewlover
First of all, NO, this was NOT a "tragedy", it was a mass murder by a psychopath...

Secondly, to those who want to make it illegal for law abiding citizens to own a gun, i'm all for that, on one condition, you can guarantee all criminals will no longer be carrying guns...Guess What? You Can't!!

How silly some of you people are about this subject...If there had been an armed security guard or citizen in that theater, there would likely be a lot less dead today...

The more qualified people we have carrying guns in our society, the less chance there is for a repeat of this kind of incident, and the safer will ALL will be...As soon as one of these crack pots makes him or herself known, take them out, no questions asked!!!

Just go on the probabilities...look at the stats. You are WAY likelier to be killed in the US by a gun, than any other industrialized first world country.

You don't need to carry a gun if they're not legal, the stats prove it over decades.

Criminals will always find access to weapons. The person that perpetrated this slaughter wasn't even a criminal before. There is no safety with guns. The 'security guard' at the theatre would have been the first one to go.

Great Comment traci

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:41

Funny. Everbody I work with that defends the right to bare arms don't have pistol permits. That's like someone bitching about the price of gas that doesn't own a car. Hyprocates.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:45

dewlover
If there had been an armed security guard or citizen in that theater, there would likely be a lot less dead today.

Yeah. IF. But there wasn't. Never is. The wrong people have guns. The whole guns keep you safe BS has reached its expiration date. We have absolutley PROVEN that we, as a people, cannot handle gun responsiblities. Considering all the deaths that have occurred because of guns, we have lost the "privilege" of being allowed to have them.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:51

dewlover

For the families, friends etc. and of course the victims involved it is a tragedy in the very first place. It's all part of USA society. Get used to it or change society and laws. But if you don't, don't complain. Psychos are generally also a product of their society. Anyway, I end this useless debate. Things won't change in the USA. Besides, it's a political issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-23 21:07 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:54

R
Naturalust
You believe shit is going to happen and it will. You clean up your own thoughts and prayers and that is the best chance the outside world will change to match your inside world. I know I'm not thinking about guns and shooting people but he who allows the possiblity in their thoughts "yeah it's gonna happen again and again" is just making that possibility possible. peace

Oh brother. This bit of naive wishful thinking reminded me it's time to renew my CCP.

You can only change yourself in the end R. Naive? Hardly. Glad it motivated you to do something. peace

Date: July 23, 2012 21:12

Naturalust
R
Naturalust
You believe shit is going to happen and it will. You clean up your own thoughts and prayers and that is the best chance the outside world will change to match your inside world. I know I'm not thinking about guns and shooting people but he who allows the possiblity in their thoughts "yeah it's gonna happen again and again" is just making that possibility possible. peace

Oh brother. This bit of naive wishful thinking reminded me it's time to renew my CCP.

You can only change yourself in the end R. Naive? Hardly. Glad it motivated you to do something. peace

Well then, go change yourself, mr. peaceman. I wish you good luck with it.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 23, 2012 21:16

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: July 23, 2012 21:28

This is for Lennon, Reagan, Brady, and everyone else shot, killed, maimed and affected directly by gun
violence. Things never change. They probably never will.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 21:30

Edith Grove

Ah, The Brussels Affair. It deserves a better comment.

Date: July 23, 2012 21:36

More Hot Rocks
treaclefingers
dewlover

Great Comment traci

Thanks More Hot Rocks, if you've directed that to treaclefingers. If on the other hand, it is to Traci Lords, you got the wrong guy muchacho!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 23, 2012 21:46

I strongly believe in the right to bear arms but nobody outside of the military needs these rapid fire assault weapons with huge magazines. This guy was such a nut he probably would have devised some other way to reach his insane goal without the assault weapons but those weapons should be reserved for military use only.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 23, 2012 21:47

As Treaclefingers rightly suggests; this has nothing to do with personal opinions or feelings. It's all about statistics. If you raise speed limits on the roads, for example, you will also raise the number of traffic fatalities. It's simple mathematics.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 23, 2012 21:59

Stoneage
As Treaclefingers rightly suggests; this has nothing to do with personal opinions or feelings. It's all about statistics. If you raise speed limits on the roads, for example, you will also raise the number of traffic fatalities. It's simple mathematics.

Not falling for it. I ain't slowing down...

Date: July 23, 2012 22:02

Munichhilton
Stoneage

as Mick might say to Munich, "you're driving too fast, let me slow down"

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:13

Stoneage
If you raise speed limits on the roads, for example, you will also raise the number of traffic fatalities.

I can't drive 55.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:15

"The wrong people have guns"

erm, Police Officers and Murderers "have guns", so you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about...

So you mean all I have to do is say "i'm offended" by someone's comment on here, and it gets deleted, or they are banned??

My last post on this incident is if a psychopath decides to open fire in my presence, i'll be glad to know i'm the guy carrying, rather than the poor schlub who isn't...I'll know exactly what I need to do, and without ANY hesitation...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:16

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Stoneage

as Mick might say to Munich, "you're driving too fast, let me slow down"

Its possible. He and I rarely drive together, but he did want to drive to the edge of this world once in the younger days

I need open spaces to clear my head
Need a clearer view on the road ahead
Need to fill my tank, check the oil
Fix the air conditioner or I'm gonna boil

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:21

FrankM
I strongly believe in the right to bear arms but nobody outside of the military needs these rapid fire assault weapons with huge magazines. This guy was such a nut he probably would have devised some other way to reach his insane goal without the assault weapons but those weapons should be reserved for military use only.

Other than the styling of the gun (which goes with the whack-job's choice of camo garb and gas mask) the weapon was not that much different from a deer hunting rifle.

Colorado has some of the most stringent anti-gun laws in the US which means the LAW ABIDING CITIZENS in that theater were totally defenseless. At least in a state with carry permits the innocents would have stood a chance.

Date: July 23, 2012 22:25

I'm all for people being allowed to carry guns with a permit but again nobody needs these assault weapons.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:26

Ebert mentioned the shooters name 5 times in his short article.

Would like him to follow Anderson Coopers lead & not mention his name at all.

Date: July 23, 2012 22:33

I'm all for people being allowed to carry guns with a permit but again nobody needs these assault weapons.

------------

- don't need guns, either. this guy obtained 4 guns legally, but obviously suffers from some sort of psychosis. that clearly shows a lack of gun regulation, at the very least. yankees and their gun culture are ridiculous. people get shot in a theatre and you get these yahoos screeching about MY rights, MY freedoms, MY guns and MY ammo. what a bunch of idiots.

Date: July 23, 2012 22:38

pinkfloydthebarber

------------

- don't need guns, either. this guy obtained 4 guns legally, but obviously suffers from some sort of psychosis. that clearly shows a lack of gun regulation, at the very least. yankees and their gun culture are ridiculous. people get shot in a theatre and you get these yahoos screeching about MY rights, MY freedoms, MY guns and MY ammo. what a bunch of idiots.

If you don't like freedom then that's your choice.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:39

If we keep it a bit serene.............. this thread will last longer...thanks

Date: July 23, 2012 22:39

pinkfloydthebarber
...people get shot in a theatre and you get these yahoos screeching about MY rights, MY freedoms, MY guns and MY ammo. what a bunch of idiots.

Why should the actions of a single whack-job impugn the rights of hundreds of thousands of people? Who do possibly justif such a view?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:41

Single?

Date: July 23, 2012 22:43

If you don't like freedom then that's your choice.

----------

-- if you think you need a gun to be 'free,' you've got a fundamental critical flaw in your attitude toward human life

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 23, 2012 22:43

R
pinkfloydthebarber
...people get shot in a theatre and you get these yahoos screeching about MY rights, MY freedoms, MY guns and MY ammo. what a bunch of idiots.

Why should the actions of a single whack-job impugn the rights of hundreds of thousands of people?

That "single whack job" is yet another POSTER CHILD for how f*cked up things are around this country and how ridiculously easy for people to get a hold of this inhumane amount of weaponry with very little difficulty. He represents the black eye that the "rights to bear arms" freedom bears to this day.

Date: July 23, 2012 22:44

NICOS
Single?

As in ONE.

Date: July 23, 2012 22:45

NICOS
If we keep it a bit serene.............. this thread will last longer...thanks

Nico, don't you think it's time to stop all this? Or do you think this 'debate' is of any use? Let them seek it out there themselves. I will never go to the USA, but I have pity with the sane ones, like Treacle and a couple of others. The rest of them ..., well I better stop now.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home