Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 20 of 24
Re: OT : Lance Armstrong
Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: January 19, 2013 23:44

talkcheap
I can't understand people like Lance. They always get caught and when there lifes are ruined. Low IQ?

He is in therapy, maybe a bit of a psychopath..some have low IQ, some are more gifted..

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 20, 2013 00:01

Was Lance Armstrong the only one using dope back then? If so, I agree he was stripped of his tour titles.................otherwise they should do there homework better and stripped of all the titles for the dopers...............

A reporter in my country interviewed about 80 bicycles from the past and now, 80% admitted using dope, the ones retired will admitted openly the ones still bicycling not............

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 20, 2013 00:09

Chris Fountain
Not because of any post or opinions but this thread needs to be closed. Nearly 10,000 posts? This is an insult to the Thread "Some kinda Stones Connction" that Rockman worked his ass off for all of us Stones Fans.

By posts, I suppose you mean views? This I believe, is the 575th post so we have a ways to go before 10000.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: January 20, 2013 00:09

NICOS
Was Lance Armstrong the only one using dope back then? If so, I agree he was stripped of his tour titles.................otherwise they should do there homework better and stripped of all the titles for the dopers...............

A reporter in my country interviewed about 80 bicycles from the past and now, 80% admitted using dope, the ones retired will admitted openly the ones still bicycling not............

Reporters interviewing bicycles from the past and then having the nerve to say that the bicycles where taking something....hummmsmoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 20, 2013 00:47

ChefGuevara
Hansie, I come from a small country and raced for the national team a few years

No matter how small the country. Racing for the national team is always an honor. Congratulations

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 20, 2013 00:49

ChefGuevara
NICOS

Reporters interviewing bicycles from the past and then having the nerve to say that the bicycles where taking something....hummmsmoking smiley

LOL, indeed a funny typo(?) from Nicos

-------------------

Date: January 20, 2013 01:05

Rolling Hansie
ChefGuevara

No matter how small the country. Racing for the national team is always an honor. Congratulations

smileys with beer

Date: January 20, 2013 01:06

ChefGuevara
Rolling Hansie
ChefGuevara

smileys with beer

Even the Vatican City national team?! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 20, 2013 01:14

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
Not because of any post or opinions but this thread needs to be closed. Nearly 10,000 posts? This is an insult to the Thread "Some kinda Stones Connction" that Rockman worked his ass off for all of us Stones Fans.

By posts, I suppose you mean views? This I believe, is the 575th post so we have a ways to go before 10000.

My bad === loved Syracuse beATIN Loisvillle --- I was on steroids with that commentsmileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 20, 2013 03:09

windmelody
I just found out the Stones played many concerts in which they were not totally clean. I feel betrayed! How could I have known it?

Just a look in Keith's bloodshot eyes or Mick's cocaine glaze would give it away. But in the case of The Stones, their substances were hardly "performance enhancing", and I'm sure you will agree from seeing clips of the 5 shows from last fall that they--and Keith and Ronnie especially--play a lot better and are more focused when they are onstage clean and sober.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 20, 2013 03:29

Here's an idea: wait till the statute of limitations is up (7 years), then admit to all wrong-doing previous to 2006...NOW THAT'S THE TICKET!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 20, 2013 03:45

hey,the mans apologised!
If people think its a genuine enough apology most of them leave it at that.smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 20, 2013 04:47

colonial
hey,the mans apologised!
If people think its a genuine enough apology most of them leave it at that.smileys with beer

I think you've hit the nail on the head colonial...unfortunately I don't think most people do think it's genuine. Even if it were, how would you be able to tell, he's such a compelling liar?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 20, 2013 10:45

On the brightside: maybe also others will come forward although I doubt it: Merckx, Boogerd, Boonen, Gimondi, Hinault,....??

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: January 20, 2013 13:22

Harm
On the brightside: maybe also others will come forward although I doubt it: Merckx, Boogerd, Boonen, Gimondi, Hinault,....??

Aaah, what about the good old days when cheating was still romantic, like my southern neighbour Pollentier. He was using a condom already, "safe cycling" :

'In the 1978 Tour de France, he was the Belgian national champion when he won the stage arriving in Alpe d'Huez and took the yellow jersey. However, he was accused of foul play in the succeeding doping test, having used what was described politely as a pear-shaped tube (in fact a condom) of different urine held under the armpit and connected by a plastic tube to give the impression of urinating. Pollentier was uncovered after another rider at the test had trouble operating his own system of tubes and aroused the suspicion of the doctor, who then demanded Pollentier lift his jersey to show if he too was cheating.
He was put out of the Tour, later won by Bernard Hinault.

Just to note: Pollentier used urine coming from his sister in law, who turned out to be pregnant after the test. Pollentier received congratulations from the Tour organisation : "Congrats, you are pregnant".

For the Dutch and Belgian cycle fans amongst us, a short interview with "Polleke" (Pollentier).

"Polleke, u bent een slachtoffer van drogerende middelen?"
Polleke: " Allez ja, wij in Vlaanderen vernoemen het den drog. Ik heb dan van enkele jaren terug nen trainer gehad die mij deed slikken. Ge zag mij altijd van voren koersen, vermits ik van mijn strot tot mijn billen vol zat met den drog."

Date: January 20, 2013 18:48

VT22
a short interview with "Polleke"

Heel leuk, maar dat was Gerard Cox smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: January 20, 2013 19:41

Armstrong book moved to the fiction section on an Australian library.
Not a bad idea at all. Maybe book stores will follow.

[www.nydailynews.com]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 21, 2013 02:17

ChefGuevara
Armstrong book moved to the fiction section on an Australian library.
Not a bad idea at all. Maybe book stores will follow.

[www.nydailynews.com]

If any humor can be found in all of this, this might be the start... That's Funny! Would love to see a dvd of the oprah interview in the drama section as opposed to the documentary.

Although I do hope he and his victims heal and move forward successfully, I'm not above (below?) enjoying some quality ridicule at his expense. Not sure if that makes me a hypocrite or just proves that I too am a flawed human. It's still a pretty funny story and I'm going to look for the DVD in the drama section.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 21, 2013 07:43

the guy is a dick, straight up

a liar

a cheat

which is, i guess, basically what he told oprah, apparently

but i dont give a shit. didnt watch that

and the smug prick is probably thinking he can rebrand and sell a zillion books if not get back into racing, but i hope he rides his bike off into the sunset and just disappears

i mean honestly, who the f*ck cares; he rode a bike for a living.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 21, 2013 08:06

Were he a Brit he would of course have been knighted by now like Sir Michael. Sir Lance or maybe Sir Lancelot or even Sir Lie a lot? Just speculating...

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: January 21, 2013 08:13

[ [www.smh.com.au]]

Latest update on library Armstrong 'controversy' smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 21, 2013 08:32

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: January 21, 2013 09:01

now that Armstrong admitted he cheated, which makes him a little bit more human, it's Rabobank Dutch team's turn to go to confession.
Between 1996 and 2012, they said (especially Thomas Dekker who was suspended for 2 years in 2009) it was a habit to take drugs (EPO, Dynepo, blood transfusions...) insinuating that it was widely spread in the Tour de France.
They of course did it with the help of the team's doctors !
When it comes to intoxicating people, doctors are always very efficient !
More confessions to come ? Next patient please !

Now that the Tour de France has been hugely tarnished and if we want to make things cleaner in international riding, I think we should have a look at other great races like the Giro and the Vuelta.

Date: January 21, 2013 09:44

colonial
hey,the mans apologised!

To lie while you're making an apology is not very trustworthy... winking smiley

Date: January 21, 2013 11:05

pinkfloydthebarber
the guy is a dick, straight up

a liar

a cheat

which is, i guess, basically what he told oprah, apparently

but i dont give a shit. didnt watch that

and the smug prick is probably thinking he can rebrand and sell a zillion books if not get back into racing, but i hope he rides his bike off into the sunset and just disappears

i mean honestly, who the f*ck cares; he rode a bike for a living.

Now that's a lot of words to say you don't care smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 21, 2013 16:42

what a douche bag

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 21, 2013 21:34

Lance should run for the US Senate. His behavior shows he's got what it takes.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 21, 2013 22:20

The fact that other people do rob banks and do criminal activity does not make it more acceptable to do robbery. In addition to seven - 7 - major robberies (TDF), Lance made a fortune on his lie, and he also meet presidents, royalties and so on. The largest bank in Norway DNB paid US dollars 35,000 for one of Lance's bikes on auction. Then they gave it to the Norwegian cancer hospital. Now it is returned to the bank. Probably worth the metal value, at the most. So many sad stories about people and company who have been cheated.

May be there have been hundreds of bicyclists cheating, I don't really care, but Lance was by far the biggest cheater of them all. By far. That is the problem.

Bjornulf

Date: January 21, 2013 22:33

bv
The fact that other people do rob banks and do criminal activity does not make it more acceptable to do robbery. In addition to seven - 7 - major robberies (TDF), Lance made a fortune on his lie, and he also meet presidents, royalties and so on. The largest bank in Norway DNB paid US dollars 35,000 for one of Lance's bikes on auction. Then they gave it to the Norwegian cancer hospital. Now it is returned to the bank. Probably worth the metal value, at the most. So many sad stories about people and company who have been cheated.

May be there have been hundreds of bicyclists cheating, I don't really care, but Lance was by far the biggest cheater of them all. By far. That is the problem.

The fact that the problem has been around a long time definitely puts a large part of the blame on the associations that sanction these events. It is a problem in the entire culture of these events.

What takes it from very bad to far worse was that LA took it to an entirely new level, revelling in the glory, bullying and using his considerable resources in to attack critics and team members if they defied him, bribing officials and organizations to 'hush' irregularities, using his success with cancer as a protective veil against criticism and all the while profiting at the expense of everyone and everything else.

He's not a nice guy.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 22, 2013 13:51

such a pathalogical liar.lance would make a good politican .seems to have the right dna

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 20 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home