Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24
Re: OT : Lance Armstrong
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: January 18, 2013 04:25

bitusa2012
No pity from me.

I DO SINCERELY feel for those clean cyclists who finished second/third/fourth/fifth etc down the line who would have/should have THEIR names and accomplishments recognised and financiall been recompensed in a better fashion. Armstrong took the kudos and cream when he should have taken nothing. His actions hade a domino effect on others. He's a monumental cheat, hypocrite and liar who, without having heard him as I type, I do not doubt will try to justify by saying 'well others did it", and somehow try and shift the blame elsewhere.

He COULD have not done it. He chose to do it.

I am glad he beat cancer. That's it.

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Hummm...second/third/fourth/fifth and etc probably where doping too.
but 76, 127 and a few others could have been clean.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 18, 2013 04:27

...well, he's coming 'clean' so to speak, but it's pretty hard to like him listening to him speaking to Oprah right now.

Just admitted he was a bully to his teammates.

Date: January 18, 2013 04:51

Oprah's doing an excellent job on the interview actually...is no one else watching this?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 18, 2013 05:22

treaclefingers
Oprah's doing an excellent job on the interview actually...is no one else watching this?

I didn't see it. I think in the sports world the Lance Armstrong thing got overshadowed by the Manti Te'o story. They were saying on ESPN today how pissed they though Oprah was going to be, she thought she had the big story then the night before it airs one of the most bizarre sports stories ever breaks.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 18, 2013 06:24

Lance is a liar, so I don't believe him when he said he took drugs smoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smiley

Date: January 18, 2013 07:26

NoCode0680
treaclefingers

I didn't see it. I think in the sports world the Lance Armstrong thing got overshadowed by the Manti Te'o story. They were saying on ESPN today how pissed they though Oprah was going to be, she thought she had the big story then the night before it airs one of the most bizarre sports stories ever breaks.

Yeah, I caught of bit of that, Manti thing...bizarre.

Pt. 2 of the interview is tomorrow...the guy is practically a sociopath...he's just so matter of fact about it.

They show clips of him lying, not batting an eye, and then they go to him with his response, and he behaves like he does in the clips where he is lying.

Down is up and up is sideways...you don't know where the guy actually stands I don't think.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: January 18, 2013 09:16

It's no big surprise to me but now we know once for all that he cheated
It's a good thing he admitted it
Lance, how does it feel to be a man now ?!
anyway, I hope his foundation "Livestrong" will be able to continue its mission

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 18, 2013 10:31

It is just a sad, pathetic story about a big lie and a big cheater. I did not plan on commenting about this, but I see people are still blind...

Lance Armstrong finally admitted he has been cheating through his entire career as a pro cyclist. He was born 1971, started as a pro 1992, and when asked on Operah tonigh he said he has been using the whole range on illegal substances like EPO etc since the mid 90's. With the known honesty of Lance this means he has been cheating all his professional career.

What came first, cancer or illegal substances, is not really interesting. You do not have the right to rob banks or steal money or cheat even if you have been seriosuly ill. Lance has been cheating in the Olympics, in the World Championships, he has been suing and winning legal cases vs team members who came forward, press, journalists and a bunch of others. He is a brutal money making and selfish businessman who has build a fortune on numerous lies.

I do know that many people have been impressed by his biking and his history, but it is all built on a big, big lie. If you fill your body with EPO and all other available illegal substances - called a "cocktail" - as quoted by Lance, you become superman. There are numerous tests that prove illegal substances make the human body like 30% or more faster and stronger. Like a machine. So hundreds and probably thousands of competing athlets have done the same as Lance, cheated, many have been forced into giving up careers, got sick, lost money and changed life because of this big lie. Thousands have bought NIKE shoes because Lance has promoted these. And so on.

As Lance said himself in the Operah interview as broadcasted live tonigh: This is coming out far too late. Far too late. Like 15 years too late. I feel bad when I take a pain killer on my way to the top of Kilimanjaro. So I have not done it on my past two trips. I am not Mother Theresa but I have some moral and personal ethics. I hope Lance will clean up dramatically now, tell us the whole truth, tell os who helped him cover up for all of his lies, and not just hide with his fortune and believe everything is forgiven.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: January 18, 2013 12:41

could get expensive

from the BBC

The Sunday Times is suing Lance Armstrong for £1m over a libel payment to him in 2004 after the newspaper alleged he had cheated.

David Walsh, the paper's chief sports writer, tells BBC Radio 5 live that the disgraced former cyclist should pay back the money.

"He should pay that now, no questions," Walsh says. "The Sunday Times were the ones asking the right questions, but UK libel laws said we can't ask questions of a great man and had to prove he was a doper."

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 18, 2013 13:39

Still have mixed emotions about this.

Clean pro cyclists? They do not exist. Everybody knows. Teams, sponsors, institutions, newspapers. Has anybody ever paid minimum attention to the average speed of the group (not the top cyclists) during the odd stint? Try keeping that average speed with a scooter, if you can!

I read LA's book on how he defeated cancer. The first thing that struck me was in page 1 or 2 (before he knew he was ill) when Lance described what he had in his fridge. Milk and eggs? A WHOLE CHEMIST SHOP!!!

OK Lance confessed. Where is the riot? Where are all those who arrived second? Most of them are decent enough to remain silent. Everybody knew. Everybody still does it. And the same can be said of all pro sports that make big money.

It's just a show, after all. And the show sells if you see cyclists climbing mountains at an average speed at 50 km/h

I see lots of hypocrisy. Nike sold millions sponsoring Lance. Now they claim damages, but where is the damage? I see only profits. For everybody. THat is why nobody wants to change things.

Lance is just a small part of a huge system. If the consensus now is that what lance did is bad, let's address the system.

That said I am not defending Lance. I simply don't care less. I mean, you are still allowed to have fun doing sport without being forced to dope yourself like a horse!

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-18 13:41 by liddas.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: January 18, 2013 14:17

Hello,

I've got to speak up here, Liddas: there are and there were clean pro-cyclists. They did and do exist.

They were cheated out of race wins, prize money and subequently not offered better or sometimes any contracts.

All that impacted hugely and detrimentally on them and their families. That is what people sometimes forget about- the impact on other innocent people that the cheats couldn't give a shit about.

Lance and Oprah? A waste of electricity.

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: January 18, 2013 14:29

In all this craziness, one of the best decision by Le Tour was to leave those 7 tours without winners. It's sad but to find the clean riders you'll have to scroll down on the long list of riders.

Hope all efforts, including L.A's go into cleaning the Sport.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 18, 2013 15:11

perfectly said BV...
he is rich and famous because he cheated.
great example!!!
i just wished he had to pay back his millions in sponsorship and winnings and become just a simple lonely man he would have been...without drugs.
better still...give his millions to charity.
i hate cheats and i hope he is hurting.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 18, 2013 15:17

I still have the feeling he's not telling it all. All his answers seemed so calculated.

Date: January 18, 2013 15:19

"I was clean when I did the comeback"... Yeah, right...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 18, 2013 15:33

this was more about Oprah and ratings than Armstrong.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: January 18, 2013 15:36

liddas
Still have mixed emotions about this.

Clean pro cyclists? They do not exist. Everybody knows. Teams, sponsors, institutions, newspapers. Has anybody ever paid minimum attention to the average speed of the group (not the top cyclists) during the odd stint? Try keeping that average speed with a scooter, if you can!

I read LA's book on how he defeated cancer. The first thing that struck me was in page 1 or 2 (before he knew he was ill) when Lance described what he had in his fridge. Milk and eggs? A WHOLE CHEMIST SHOP!!!

OK Lance confessed. Where is the riot? Where are all those who arrived second? Most of them are decent enough to remain silent. Everybody knew. Everybody still does it. And the same can be said of all pro sports that make big money.

It's just a show, after all. And the show sells if you see cyclists climbing mountains at an average speed at 50 km/h

I see lots of hypocrisy. Nike sold millions sponsoring Lance. Now they claim damages, but where is the damage? I see only profits. For everybody. THat is why nobody wants to change things.

Lance is just a small part of a huge system. If the consensus now is that what lance did is bad, let's address the system.

That said I am not defending Lance. I simply don't care less. I mean, you are still allowed to have fun doing sport without being forced to dope yourself like a horse!

C

thumbs up -> Lance was unfortunate enough to win 7 tours though...cool smiley

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 18, 2013 16:17

VT22
Lance was unfortunate enough to win 7 tours though...cool smiley

Those have been erased, vacated.

Wake up.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: January 18, 2013 18:15

uhbuhgullayew
VT22
Lance was unfortunate enough to win 7 tours though...cool smiley

Those have been erased, vacated.

Wake up.

I meant unfortunate enough to "win" 7 tours.
Winning 1 time by cheating (like almost everybody those days)..ok. But Lance is worse off by "winning" 7 times.

Date: January 18, 2013 18:43

Eleanor Rigby
by the way..where is MaxKansas?? i'd like to hear his opinions..
he was innocent afterall...
you should read the previous pages and you will understand what he thinks today.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 18, 2013 18:53

What was Lance's price tag for an Oprah confession? 30 silver coins?

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 18, 2013 19:00

uhbuhgullayew

Back around 1978, my brother had one of those. Nowadays, they go for quite a bit on eBay. Especially if you have the box.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 18, 2013 19:15

Well let's say this poor guy suffers...he took a chance....

2 1 2 0

Date: January 18, 2013 19:41

This is interesting.

[tvnz.co.nz]

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: January 18, 2013 19:44

Koen
I still have the feeling he's not telling it all. All his answers seemed so calculated.

Normally when a celeb confesses all they blurt out the lot because it makes sense to get everything out at once. This is because half the problem people in this situation have is that while they are denying/holding back people are chipping away at their lies.

In Lance's case he has to hold back things he might get sued and (IMHO) he needs to hold things back that he can use to plea bargain.

Date: January 18, 2013 19:50

So Oprah saved Armstrong's tears for stage 2 tonight?
It was announced all over about the emotional Armstrong
got in the interview. Did not seem that emotional last night.

Wonder if anyone knows what where last nights ratings.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 18, 2013 20:18

I was being polite to reply to you, I thought you worthy, but I guess not, I see by your reply you are juts playing little girl games. I try ignore most trolls, I guess I should ignore you too

Date: January 18, 2013 20:20

ok young boy !

Date: January 18, 2013 20:23

And we are back after a short commercial break.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: January 18, 2013 20:31

Max'sKansasCity
What a drag to have to filter through so many morons to enjoy IORR.

Has anyone ever suggested an "ignore this poster" feature?
It would be so handy to be able to ignore people who are only here looking to start shit, not adding anything, just being idiot internet trolls.

It would be nice to when morons post, all one would see would be...

"THIS POST IS UNSEEN BECAUSE ITS AUTHOR IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST"

I guess you will be ignored most when this button is up and running!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home