Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859Next
Current Page: 57 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger hosting and performing on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Date: May 31, 2012 12:19

To me, it sounded like BOTH Arcade Fire and The Foo Fighters tried to copy the originals note by note. The former fvcks up the solo break, though, confusing Mick a bit smiling smiley

FF is the first band I've heard that did the cut in-intro that is on the original IORR-album. I'll give them credit for that - and it sounded exciting for the first minute or so. After that it became generic, imo. I'm talking about the band, not Mick. He had a new twist on The Last Time, though - ending all sentences in the verses on a high note...

Re: Mick Jagger hosting and performing on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: May 31, 2012 18:52

"the blues number was the one Jagger was home with, and totally controlled the scene."

...that may be, however, it doesn't negate the fact that it is an extremely weak song with lame lyrics!!

Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 31, 2012 22:01

treaclefingers
riverrat
Ya'all might have seen this, and I'm sorry that I'm not going to take the time to look thru 56 pages tonight, so apologies in advance if it's already here, and if not, it's fun to see Steven Tyler's reaction to Mick's portrayal of him:

Thanks for that...you could tell Tyler was damn flattered by the MJ impersonation.
He should be.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: Marianella ()
Date: June 1, 2012 04:52

MightyStonesStillRollin50
stupidguy2
treaclefingers

And maybe that's what some of us REALLY liked about it. I bet if you asked Mick, that is also what he liked about it. A new energy.

Ditto. I think is one of those times where you just go with the feel of things, nothing complicated, nothing deep...
Just a 68-year old performer finding that spark again...
and it happened to be with young performers with a fresh, raw energy.
I loved it!

Mick had that twinkle in his eye again!

Yes He did cool smileycool smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2012 08:35

dewlover
"the blues number was the one Jagger was home with, and totally controlled the scene."

...that may be, however, it doesn't negate the fact that it is an extremely weak song with lame lyrics!!

I agree, but I prefer the other songs, not only because they were better, but because Jagger was more nervous, on edge, and out to prove something.

His performance was fine on the Beck number, although a weak song, but it was electric on the Arcade and Foo Fighters songs.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:36

I'm up to like 15 or 20 times watching all three numbers in high def...

Great, greater, and greatest! C'mon Mick more please. Preferably with the
Stones, but more! Soon. Before that bitch Rihanna gets me back in her clutches...

Date: June 1, 2012 21:12

superrevvy
I'm up to like 15 or 20 times watching all three numbers in high def...

Great, greater, and greatest! C'mon Mick more please. Preferably with the
Stones, but more! Soon. Before that bitch Rihanna gets me back in her clutches...

I get a sneaking suspicion you may get a little abuse hurled your way for that comment.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: June 2, 2012 03:42

Ok, WOW! Just watched it for the first time on my DVR and was pretty much blown away, Mick was ON FIRE, ignited both by Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters! Never expected sixties songs (barring IORR), a very exciting and pleasant surprise!The best was The Last Time, both Mick's performance and Arcade Fire's incredible sound and energy, and the Gospel singers added such a nice touch and intro. Arcade Fire did wonderful justice to She's a Rainbow and Ruby Tuesday at the end, absolutely beautiful sound and melody, so sweeeeeet. Favorite skit was the Karaoke skit, too funny. Nice sound from the Foo Fighters too. Mick should have his own show....a job very well done.

Date: June 2, 2012 10:19

Blue
Favorite skit was the Karaoke skit, too funny.

The skit about "the impersonation of mick jagger". Yes, my favorite too for
reasons already discussed. But seems I'm not the only one who knows a lot
about the impersonation of mick jagger...

"'Barry Obama played a lot of Hendrix, Earth, Wind & Fire, and Billie Holiday, but
was known in the Annex for his wicked impression of Mick Jagger,' writes Mr
Maraniss, according to Yahoo. 'He could do the walk, the strut, the face, and act
out the dramatic scene of the Rolling Stones onstage at the Altamont Speedway
outside Livermore, California, on December 6, 1969.'"

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: June 5, 2012 10:20

some recent caricatures from around the net...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2012 11:00

Hey yeah the Juarez Ricci is way cool .....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 5, 2012 17:23

"Favorite skit was the Karaoke skit, too funny."

I guess you're easily amused...

Posted by: shaxebeer ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:04

I'm an absolute Stones freak and I love Jagger. I just joined y'all because it has been a life long quest to meet Jagger. I was hoping to hear where he was staying since he was in town for the Met Gala! As soon as I heard about SNL I cleared my schedule and got in line at RFC ( May 17th) Yes I waited on the streets of NYC for 2 days. I got tix to the rehearsal #4 ( as the old school SNL soldiers suggested I should) and got right back in line again for the live show, #84. Miraculously I got into both! Thanks goodness I did. Everyone says the rehearsals are better because they are longer and include more skits and performances. They cut skits to fit the time slot or if they are not funny. The Foo Fighters were NOT at the rehearsal ( an extremely rare occurrence evidently!) So we didn't see IORR or 19th Nervous Breakdown. I was just going to keep my tix ( I had zero hope of getting in as # 85!) as a souvenir. Well I went straight to the end of the new line and prayed about 40 people would be late or just not show up! Due to street festivals a few roads were closed and I think that helped my sitch! I got in and the old school SNL dudes ( who camp out every week no matter what) WIGGED out! Anyway I lost my voice screaming my head off at Jagger and FF... Even at the mistakes. I am so lucky and still haven't come down from the clouds. Evidently Chevy Metal ( the name of FF when they cover other groups) and Jagger preformed 3 songs at the wrap party. I got into that as well but missed the show by 30 or so minutes. UGH! I know they did Bitch and Miss You but I couldn't find a single person to tell me the third song if there was indeed one. *sigh* And "hello" to all! Thanks for having me!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2012 22:49

Great story shaxebeer. Welcome to IORR.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 6, 2012 13:41

shaxebeer, it's great!
Glad for you and and I confess, I'm kind of jealous winking smiley
in fact, except the musical numbers and the karaoke skit I saw nothing from the show
It's a pity but no one posted it here in the European-friendly format

Date: June 6, 2012 16:45

thumbs upshaxebeer

Just Magical wasn't It !!
cool smiley

Date: June 7, 2012 04:26

dewlover
"Favorite skit was the Karaoke skit, too funny."

I guess you're easily amused...

just an observation, it's not often that you have much positive to say.

Date: June 14, 2012 17:12

Just being honest Fingers, except for some of the music, i thought the show was kinda lame and weak...When something "positive" goes down, i'll be the first to point it out...Otherwise, the truth still hurts, as they say... smoking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 14, 2012 20:13

Why exactly is this still a sticky?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 14, 2012 22:28

Justin
Why exactly is this still a sticky?
Beacuse it's stuck?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 15, 2012 08:28

dewlover
Just being honest Fingers, except for some of the music, i thought the show was kinda lame and weak...When something "positive" goes down, i'll be the first to point it out...Otherwise, the truth still hurts, as they say... smoking smiley

I have no problem with that at all, but it just seems like you were taking a piss in his cheerios. Why put someone down for liking something you don't?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 15, 2012 13:34

Time to unstick this post!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 15, 2012 15:18

Where the heck did the term "sticky" come from? I get what it means, but couldn't someone come up with something less juvenile? Do you have an inny or an outy? No, I have a sticky.

Date: June 15, 2012 22:11

Never meant it as a "put down", it was merely an honest observation...

Date: June 16, 2012 03:58

dewlover

fair enough, then I apologize to you for jumping to conclusions.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:26

treaclefingers
dewlover

i'm sorry to say that iorr means never having to say you're sorry...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 16, 2012 18:16

StonesTod
treaclefingers
dewlover

i'm sorry to say that iorr means never having to say you're sorry...

Really? I always thought it meant:

I'm Okay Reporting Remorse. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 16, 2012 18:57

Perhaps the reason all of the Stones didn't play with Mick is that Lorne Michaels didn't want to pay all of them to appear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-16 18:57 by ryanpow.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 16, 2012 20:45

ryanpow
Perhaps the reason all of the Stones didn't play with Mick is that Lorne Michaels didn't want to pay all of them to appear.

ronnie will play for food...and he doesn't eat much.

Date: June 17, 2012 17:37

Marianella
thumbs upshaxebeer

Just Magical wasn't It !!
cool smiley

We got off of the subway and there were many more people out and about at 10pm!! I lost my bearings in total AWE-even though, Hearing the birds that morning. I was struck and OFF. LaLaLaLaLaaaaaaaaaaaa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859Next
Current Page: 57 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home