Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 25, 2012 22:39

Working on a can of worms here ! grinning smiley

How about Gourmet Ted ?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 25, 2012 22:47

Not being political, but I'd love to see a bare knuckler between Nugent and Springsteen.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:23

mickscarey
BS. He is conservative and that is why most people here dislike him. We all know THAT!

Plus he hunts - OMG - he hunts! How terrible.

No, another right-wing warmonger macho-talker who avoided military service when he had the chance to serve. Same as Cheney, Gingrich and many others. I don't dislike him because he's a conservative, I dislike him because he's a blowhard and a hypocrite. As for the hunting, I'll like it much better when the animals are given an equal chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 01:25 by 71Tele.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:29

Duke, I couldn't agree more. It's nearly impossible to think of him without remembering what a dork he is, a killer of anything that moves....and don't say he kills to eat...BS! I'd love to see ANYONE bare-knuckle him!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:56

shadooby
Not being political, but I'd love to see a bare knuckler between Nugent and Springsteen.

My money's on Ted, but hopefully they would beat the holy crap out of eachother with no man left standing.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:59

not any more

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 26, 2012 02:08

What did he say to offend all the sensitive ears?
ah.... never mind, I dont care... For 35 years I have never
listened to what these stupid ass rock stars have to say... I pay them to rock.

Many a time, at a show, I have shouted out "SHUT THE FK UP AND PLAY!!!...
why would I care what these idiots have to say?
They usually cant even get the city name correct.
I am paying these servants to play for me... do it.... now.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 26, 2012 02:14

He would have alot of respect as a guitarist if he kpt his mouth shut. Now when someone mentions his name we don't think of Gibson Byrdland guitars we think of someone unstable. A lose cannon crackpot.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 02:23

Doc
This thread is NOT about Ted Nugent's political opinions or about bow-hunting.

Well, then how the hell can we talk about the 'Nuge! lol

After Derek St. Holmes left, his lyrics just got dumb. I mean...REAL DUMB. Then when the 80s hit he was just plain OLD.

That said, Free-For-All, Stranglehold, Wang Dang Sweet Poontang, Wango Tango, and Cat Scratch Fever are on all the time in my house.

A fantastic concert from '77 - when the boy could PLAY!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 02:24 by MJG196.

Date: April 26, 2012 02:46

MJG196
Doc
This thread is NOT about Ted Nugent's political opinions or about bow-hunting.

Well, then how the hell can we talk about the 'Nuge! lol

After Derek St. Holmes left, his lyrics just got dumb. I mean...REAL DUMB. Then when the 80s hit he was just plain OLD.

That said, Free-For-All, Stranglehold, Wang Dang Sweet Poontang, Wango Tango, and Cat Scratch Fever are on all the time in my house.

A fantastic concert from '77 - when the boy could PLAY!

if you look though st holmes only wrote the lyrics to about 5 nugent songs in the 70's

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 26, 2012 02:55

Hairball
shadooby

My money's on Ted, but hopefully they would beat the holy crap out of eachother with no man left standing.
And take you down with them.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 03:11

keefriffhard4life
if you look though st holmes only wrote the lyrics to about 5 nugent songs in the 70's

Yeah, that may be true - but there is no doubt he was a great sideman and when he left the band, the music took a huge slide.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: April 26, 2012 03:13

njlstones815
Great guitar player but a wako at the same time. Crackpot.NUTCASE!! Also gun advocate!

So is Keith. In fact, he used to shoot water rats and feed them to his geese!

Date: April 26, 2012 03:16

MJG196
keefriffhard4life

Yeah, that may be true - but there is no doubt he was a great sideman and when he left the band, the music took a huge slide.

i agree with that for sure and if you notice nugents 2 best post 70's albums are the 2 that feature holmes. i was just pointing out i think ted started running out of ideas and not that holmes was writing that much

Date: April 26, 2012 03:44

MJG196
keefriffhard4life

Did you know that St Holmes has reunited with Nugent? [www2.gibson.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 03:47 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 26, 2012 04:23

Max'sKansasCity
MJG196
keefriffhard4life

I can barely contain my excitement.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 26, 2012 04:51

Not a Hall of Famer, but a guy with a few highlights. Journey To The Center of the Mind is a classic. Cat Scratch Fever was fun. It's funny that every political wack job now gets to cover his sins in the term 'Conservative'. There's a lot of true conservatives I respect. This is not one of them. But that doesn't color my view of his guitar playing. Not a particularly memorable style, but he's okay. Yeah, I'd like to hear his excuse for dicking out on Vietnam. They can talk the talk............

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 26, 2012 05:03

Nugent has always kicked ass except for when he did that lame ballad with Damn Yankees.That song didn't take me higher ot Ted either for that matter.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 26, 2012 05:26

mickscarey
BS. He is conservative and that is why most people here dislike him. We all know THAT!

True. Sad but true. From what I've read, Nugent had a student and medical deferment.
Lots of people did. My brother had a student deferment. Now, if you think my brother avoided the draft because of this, be VERY careful how you respond.
Also, I don't give a toss about Nugent, his music, or his guitar playing.
Never cared for it and never will.

Date: April 26, 2012 05:52

lol.... whatathread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 05:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 26, 2012 05:58

Max'sKansasCity
lol.... whatathread.

That's true, too!

Date: April 26, 2012 06:05

tomk
mickscarey

True. Sad but true. From what I've read, Nugent had a student and medical deferment.
Lots of people did. My brother had a student deferment. Now, if you think my brother avoided the draft because of this, be VERY careful how you respond.
Also, I don't give a toss about Nugent, his music, or his guitar playing.
Never cared for it and never will.

Relax, nobody attacked your brother, and you're right: Lots of people had deferrments. The distinction I clearly made is people who used whatever opportunity to avoid service who later in life discovered they really enjoyed sending other people's kids to war, while also criticizing those who were opposed. It's blatant hypocrisy. Nugent is a blowhard who issued veiled - but empty - threats to assasinate the president, and made a big fool of himself in the process. You don't like a president or his policies? We have elections in this country for that. But no, that's not good enough for Nugent and his ilk. (Not that Mr. Nugent is capable of making a coherent political argument). They have to threaten or hint at violence.

Date: April 26, 2012 06:07

He hunts!!!??? really? since when? ... is that a secert?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 06:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 26, 2012 06:08

Date: April 26, 2012 06:13

sweetcharmedlife

OMG... he has a beard too!!???? where will the madness stop!??

Posted by: milliondollarsad ()
Date: April 26, 2012 06:43

This video reminds me of the band Stillwater in Almost Famous. Third rate 70s arena rock. No tune, really bland riff, no feel whatsoever. People knock The Eagles but they're several degrees better than this.

Date: April 26, 2012 07:19

milliondollarsad
This video reminds me of the band Stillwater in Almost Famous. Third rate 70s arena rock. No tune, really bland riff, no feel whatsoever. People knock The Eagles but they're several degrees better than this.

Butt Rock is what I call it.

Love your handle, milliondollarsad!

Date: April 26, 2012 09:33

Max'sKansasCity
MJG196
keefriffhard4life

yeah holmes has done stuff with nugent on and off since the mid 90's

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 26, 2012 09:40

not even one single album in my collection...I've always thought this guy looked phony on his album-sleeves...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 26, 2012 11:08

Come On
not even one single album in my collection...I've always thought this guy looked phony on his album-sleeves...
Hate him or love him.... there is no phony in the man, WYSIWYG
Nugent has been saying and doing and acting consistantly for 50 years.

Besides..... judging a book by its cover... are you kidding?

Once again this turns ino another silly IORR thread where some "holier than thous" are deciding 30 years into the game what/who is valid or not valid, which bands are worthy or unworthy... which is blah blah blah.... it seems that very few on this site actually abide by its name. Its only rock and roll, nothing more or less..... no need for all the hate and pounding name calling "Butt Rock" ? really? really? Why not just skip the thread if you hate an artist so much?...why feel compelled/obligated to waste your precious time to bashing on them?... it makes no sense, do you really think you will change one fans mind? That is not gonna happen... either way... it is just silly.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home