Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: A Fan Bids The Rolling Stones A Sad Farewell.
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 14, 2012 05:14

JackFlash68
Well, it does seem that the sons of the Beatles is now at least a remote possibility. But surely you could follow them and the Stones. You don't have to make the choice.

But you are right about the Stones. I think the game is over and all the 2013 talk is just wishful thinking. Any noises from the Stones are just about denying that it's over.

The Stones will always have a special place in my heart, but you are correct, it is over, barring some sort of miracle. Getting the Sons of the Beatles to form a band is also going to take a miracle. At my age I just don't have the energy to divide my time between the two.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:15

Rockman

Which one is The Watchman? I mean Watchwoman.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:19

mega
Didn't the Beatles break up a while ago?

Only about 42 years ago, but even unto today they cast a long shadow, a shadow that the Stones have never been able to step out from. Of course they did have their chance but it looks like that may never happen now, barring some sort of divine intervention. Maybe Ronnie is the Angel that can bring it all together?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 14, 2012 05:23

TheDailyBuzzherd
stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones.

If this helps, I'll email you a Beatles wig. I heard Stones wigs
have skin mites.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-14 06:08 by tatters.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:25

JumpinJeppeFlash
stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

BV: Please de-activate my account.

Another psycho gone, bye bye, you wont be missed.

The flip side of "Psycho" was the "Witch". Two greatest NW rock songs ever, by "The Sonics".

Date: April 14, 2012 05:26

DandelionPowderman
stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

BV: Please de-activate my account.

You just got three excellent releases from your favorite band during the last few months - there are three more to come.

That's not enough for you???

No, I need more than foreplay.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:27

GravityBoy

I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones.

Why leave?

Just change your name to beatlescrow.

I like "The Watchcrow" better.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:32

crumbling_mice
GravityBoy

I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones.

Why leave?

>grinning smiley< Another one bites the dust. Some people just aint got no stamina. Hell there is more happening Stones wise at the moment than in the last few years, and he quits! Oh well enjoy following the Beatles family I'm sure they will listen to you yawning smiley

Well mice, I can honestly say that I left it all on the field of battle. I fought hard and long for the Stones (took a lot of heat for doing so by so called hardcore fans) but I am not a young man. Either are the Stones. All good things must come to an end.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:35

NoCode0680
Yeah, nothing going on in the Beatles camp. They even gave up on producing DLC for Beatles Rock Band. Which is a shame because I love that game. But nothing has happened Beatles-wise since '09. I would love some more rarities or something to be released, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's all about the Stones Archive Series, and whatever surprises they have planned. It's an exciting time to be a Stones fan. The most exciting time I can remember in my time as a fan. Which I grant you hasn't been long. But in the early days of my fandom we got R&R Circus, a Studio Album, and a tour, all within about a year, which was the most exciting time I can remember. Until recently with the Archives, Texas '78, etc.

The good news is that you will be getting more in the way of archives in the years to come. The bad news is, that they are done touring and making new music.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:38

dcba
"my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones"

You know the saying : "Once a loser, always remain a loser" sad smiley

Well, the Stones are far from being losers, but it appears they will always be in the shadow of the Beatles. Of course if they were to do the impossible..........

Date: April 14, 2012 05:41

Palace Revolution 2000
The only thing funnier than the OP are the answers. And who the f*ck is James?

Thirty years from now they will be calling him Sir James.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:44

Stoneage
You don't have to go, Stonescrow. Take a break and come back when it feels better. Sorry to let you go. You were always positive about The Stones. Positivity is needed on this forum to balance out the negativity!

Thanks, but I have done my part. It is now up to the Stones. I learned a long time ago that a good man must know his limitations.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
Stoneage
You don't have to go, Stonescrow. Take a break and come back when it feels better. Sorry to let you go. You were always positive about The Stones. Positivity is needed on this forum to balance out the negativity!

The problem here is not negativity, the big problem here is that many donĀ“t understand the difference between negativity and being realistic.

There is definitely some truth in your words. No good in getting up after the count has reached ten.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:49

Elmo Lewis
Hey, we're just now getting a peek into the vaults!

No doubt that will continue.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: April 14, 2012 05:50

Those "shadows" you speak of only exist in your mind. "Legacies" aren't competitions. The Stones and the Beatles are both great; I prefer the Stones by a wide, wide, margin, but I recognize that preference as an opinion. I don't feel that the Stones "crush" the Beatles or that the Stones legacy casts a longer shadow because, well...those types of things are just personal constructs that have nothing to do with reality.

If you ditch the "competition" mentality, you might be able to more greatly appreciate what the Stones have given you.

Peace (for the wicked?)

Date: April 14, 2012 05:51

Munichhilton
Stonescrow - 2340 posts in less than a year?

Wow. I gotta step my game up.

You are doing fine, there are more things in life than the Rolling Stones.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:54

memphiscats
klrkcr
Didnt Keith say"no-one gets outta here alive" ?
I think it was, nobody leaves except in a coffin....
Ah well, farewell, stonescrow - I hope the fab-four keep you happy.smoking smiley

Thanks, mate, I suppose if Keith were to step in, I might just re-consider.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:56

ryanpow
You know what I haven't had in a long time? Big League Chew.

Sounds like some sort of baseball talk. Nothing more boring than the game of baseball, except for talking about the game of baseball.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:59

Green Lady
Sorry you feel that you've got to leave - seems like over-reaction to me, but anyway, I hope you enjoy whatever the Beatles family has to give.

Thanks, but I don't plan to stop enjoying the Stones on DVD.

Date: April 14, 2012 05:59

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Stonescrow - 2340 posts in less than a year?

Wow. I gotta step my game up.

you sir, are lazy.

No, he just has a life outside of the Stones.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:01

treaclefingers
GravityBoy

Why leave?

I hate you GravityBoy...I rack my brain for the most excellent skewering post and you slide in with this jewel. I love it!

It is kind of "catchy" isn't it.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:03

More Hot Rocks
Send It To me
Who the f--k is James?

Who's Ringo?

An active musician.smoking smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 06:08

nankered
nooooooooooooooo please don't go

Thanks, but I am spent.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 14, 2012 06:10

Can't leave huh?

Date: April 14, 2012 06:11

emotionalbarbecue
Come on...you say "Beatles family"?

I hope you change your mind.

Anyway I must tell you who they have hired for their welcome to beatles family parties...

This picture was taken on their april party...Are you sure you want to leave now?

Well, thank God I won't be attending any of their parties.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:16

Rolling Hansie
stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore.

Sorry to see you leave, but I don't get it.

Hansie, sorry to let you down. Not sure even a "session" with Oddball would revive me at this point. The best to you, mate. Maybe there is a miracle out there after all, only time will tell.smileys with beer

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 14, 2012 06:17

>The bad news is, that they are done touring and making new music.

Unlike the Beatles?

Date: April 14, 2012 06:20

71Tele
How old are you?

Old enough to know when something is over.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:27

GumbootCloggeroo
I wonder if he posted the same thing on the Pepsi forum. Sorry folks, but he's decided to go with Coke! A sad farewell.

Well, you might say the Beatles and the Stones are the Pepsi and Coca Cola of rock. Two giants. It appears that the Stones will always get "second mention" to the Beatles, but that's not bad, not bad at all. In fact, it's quite good.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:29

Justin
If there was any thread that I was desperately waiting for...it was this one.

Well, wait no more.smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home