Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: A Fan Bids The Rolling Stones A Sad Farewell.
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 14, 2012 06:31

Carnaby
Actually, it is possible for the brain to like more than just one band at a time. Giving up one is not particularly necessary. In a way, it's all part of it.

Never said I was going to stop loving the Stones.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: April 14, 2012 06:35

Choosing the Beatles over the Stones in 1968 is wrong but understandable. In 1972 it's just wrong. In 2012 you deserve to be slapped silly.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:38

Stoneage
Sadly, I think Stonecrows somewhat dogmatic assertiveness got the better off him. When there is very little positive news to hold on to you will yield sooner or later.
I mean what is the next piece of news: Stones tour pushed back to 2015?

There is some truth in your words. It is noble to fight as long and as hard as you can, but there comes a time when it no longer makes any sense to continue. Unfortunately, (or unfortunately) that time has come for me. I must admit that Ronnie's retraction struck a nerve with me.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:40

Max'sKansasCity
I always thought stonescrow was OK, he seemed easy going, no sense
deactivating his account, he will be back, they always come back.

Thanks, but there will be no coming back.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:41

SweetThing
The chair is on the table, out the door baby

Thanks for clearing the way. smileys with beer

Date: April 14, 2012 06:43

tatters
ab
Weren't stonescrow and thewatchman the same person?

Yes, and now we have a second epic farewell thread from this lunatic.

[www.iorr.org]

Epic, I have always liked that word. Good choice, tatters.smileys with beer

Date: April 14, 2012 06:48

Glam Descendant
>The bad news is, that they are done touring and making new music.

Unlike the Beatles?

No, unlike Paul, Ringo, and James.

Date: April 14, 2012 07:06

vermontoffender
Those "shadows" you speak of only exist in your mind. "Legacies" aren't competitions. The Stones and the Beatles are both great; I prefer the Stones by a wide, wide, margin, but I recognize that preference as an opinion. I don't feel that the Stones "crush" the Beatles or that the Stones legacy casts a longer shadow because, well...those types of things are just personal constructs that have nothing to do with reality.

If you ditch the "competition" mentality, you might be able to more greatly appreciate what the Stones have given you.

Peace (for the wicked?)

Whenever males are involved there is competition. Especially in rock 'n roll, however, it should never be taken too seriously as I have stated many times in the past. The best example I can give is a bunch of buddies going out to play a round of golf. I do greatly appreciate all that the Stones have given me. I have enough DVD's to last me the rest of this lifetime, but that doesn't mean I need to keep posting here every day encouraging them to record another album or tour. Apparently, they are done with that phase of their careers.

Date: April 14, 2012 07:07

treaclefingers
stonescrow
treaclefingers
stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

BV: Please de-activate my account.

Yes BV, for the love of all that is sacred and good, PLEASE deactivate his account.

BV is a gentleman and is probably just giving Stonescrow a chance to respond before clipping his wings. Stonescrow is grateful, but doesn't want this farewell to turn into another Watchman type farewell.

Yes, you've done that once before, why repeat yourself?

Don't worry it won't get to that level.

Date: April 14, 2012 07:10

riverrat
Now I have to cross that date off my calendar that he was going to reveal his identity.......July something, 2012??sad smiley Now it's going to be a really boring day!!!

I suggest you buy the new book and examine each pic very carefully.

Date: April 14, 2012 07:15

stonesrule
What the hell is wrong with Stonescrow -- letting down The Rolling Stones this way.

Sounds like he was kidnapped and has finally been returned "home."

I will be the happiest person in the world if they decide to tour and record a new album, but it doesn't appear that is going to happen. Maybe all the negativity around here soured them to the idea, I don't know.

Date: April 14, 2012 07:18

MingSubu
Can't leave huh?

The pain is almost over, my friend, almost over.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 14, 2012 07:21

oh, you're still here.confused smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 07:30

doubledoor
Choosing the Beatles over the Stones in 1968 is wrong but understandable. In 1972 it's just wrong. In 2012 you deserve to be slapped silly.

Well, James McCartney is coming to the states to tour soon. Paul and Ringo will never stop touring. The Stones have been inactive since 2007. That was OK because it was supposed to be that way, however, if they do nothing next year then it is truly over. I am holding out hope that the Sons of the Beatles some day come together and form a band. It will be the biggest news in rock history since the 60's. If the Stones tour next year and produce a new album (with all new songs) then I will slap myself silly with joy. But it appears that there is little chance that will happen, barring some sort of divine intervention.

Date: April 14, 2012 07:33

BluzDude

Yes, but the fire is fading fast.

Date: April 14, 2012 07:34

treaclefingers
stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

Yes BV, for the love of all that is sacred and good, PLEASE deactivate his account.

thumbs up

Date: April 14, 2012 07:39

stonescrow
BluzDude

Down to a flicker.smoking smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 07:44

stonescrow
stonescrow
BluzDude

Down to a flicker.smoking smiley

Going, going, going,...................................................eye rolling smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 08:07

mickijaggeroo
stonescrow

Well, your sense of time seems to be really off..you´ve been a registered member here since last year, so " a lot of time" in perspective seems really like a joke, since the Stones and many others on this board been going for a really long time..goodbye infidel.

Well, I came here on the 48th birthday of the Rolling Stones to bring some much needed optimism to this place. My goal was not only to pump the hardcore fans up but to inspire the Stones themselves who no doubt listen in here. I gave you: "Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling" and I meant every word of it. I fought the "naysayers" for nearly two years here "tooth and nail", but in the end it was all in vain. Overall general negativity, (on the part of the fans) and apparently age with the band ended the dream. I have been a fan of the Stones since 1964. Saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show. I am no infidel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-14 08:21 by stonescrow.

Date: April 14, 2012 08:44

treaclefingers
riverrat
Now I have to cross that date off my calendar that he was going to reveal his identity.......July something, 2012??sad smiley Now it's going to be a really boring day!!!

No, that was Watchman, his alter ego, so he could still be back.

I think it was July 12 he said. Just the thought of it is getting me tingly.

You speak of the Watchman as some kind of Super Hero that could come back and motivate the Stones to come together, end all negativity at IORR, and get the Sons of the Beatles to form a band called "The Beatles Brats"! You might just be on to something, mate.smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 14, 2012 08:53

No, not an infidel. Just someone who needs constant attention. Time to grow up.

Date: April 14, 2012 09:01

SweetThing
The "Beatles Family" - UNCENSORED

Just imagine how crazy it would get if the Sons of the Beatles and Ringo joined him on stage?

Date: April 14, 2012 09:17

stonesrule
No, not an infidel. Just someone who needs constant attention. Time to grow up.

In a few moments the stage will be all yours. Just waiting for BV to give me the hook.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: April 14, 2012 09:43

we need to stop feeding the troll

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 14, 2012 11:23

I agree that is is highly unlikely that we will see a tour or any good new material - too much time has passed; 5 years since the last tour, and 15 years since any decent new material, although I thought Super Heavy was very worthy. You may see new things from the vaults, and released boots and sound boards from concerts.

But I simply can't grasp this devotion to a band that broke up over 40 years ago, and half of whom have been dead for years. Paul McCartney, Wings and James McCartney are not the Beatles.

Take a break, SC. Don't annoy people with sweeping exits. And try to keep your posting level to a couple posts a day; I really recommend that.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 14, 2012 12:07

So long, Stonescrow. You're a good guy. Take care. You're always welcome back, whenever you feel for it.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 14, 2012 15:54

stonescrow
Max'sKansasCity
I always thought stonescrow was OK, he seemed easy going, no sense
deactivating his account, he will be back, they always come back.

Thanks, but there will be no coming back.

It looks as if there will be no leaving either.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 14, 2012 19:26

Click here to add drama:

Posted by: eraser ()
Date: April 14, 2012 21:35

stonescrow
Glam Descendant
>The bad news is, that they are done touring and making new music.

Unlike the Beatles?

No, unlike Paul, Ringo, and James.

Zak Starkey not considered part of the "family" then?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 14, 2012 21:50

open-g
Click here to add drama:

BWWWAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA aka lmao

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home